AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of Sai?
I LURVE HIM!!! 15 5.77%
He's pretty cool 47 18.08%
I find him oddly intriguing 60 23.08%
No opinion 29 11.15%
I tolerate him 36 13.85%
Sai = baka 23 8.85%
I deteste him with every atom of my existance 50 19.23%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2005-12-18, 22:40   Link #1
Mousuke

What do you think of Sai?

He's only been around for a few chapters, but it seems that most readers already have pretty strong opinions about him. So vote and post your opinion w/ reasons!

Use logic. Reasons like "He's kawaii" or "He dresses like a girl" or "I don't like his name/haircut/mother-in-law/whatever" are useless. If the only reason you don't like a character is because he dresses like a girl, then that's your problem and we don't need to hear about it.

Me, I like Sai. I like his artistic talents and original jutsu, and he seems like a badass, powerfull addition to the cast. A lot of people don't like how he treats Naruto, but in my opinion Sasuke treated Naruto the same way. Sai's more humorous about it. I think Sai is going to end up being one of those characters who everyone thinks is bad but at last minute reveals himself as a protagonist by drastic means and earns a lot of fanclubs. And if not, evil is cool too.
Mousuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 22:44   Link #2
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

I haven't read the most recent chapter(s), but as soon as it was confirmed he was a guy, I kinda disliked him. He's just too shady.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 22:57   Link #3
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I like his unexistent sense of humour. Aside from that, there's still too little we know about him and his character to give a genuine comment.

And in terms of character preference, how powerful someone is places last in my evaluation.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 22:59   Link #4
sanghyun1990
상현

Gay like Orochimaru, Sasuke, Kabuto, and Itachi.
sanghyun1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 23:26   Link #5
Yogi

Sasuke was powerful, effemanate, angsty, and an ass. Sai is just all those traits increased. The same can be said for Itachi, Neji, and Kimimaro. Sai isn't anything we haven't seen many many MANY times before. The Angsty Powerful Pretty Boy was already a cliche before Naruto. We don't need yet another one.
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 23:36   Link #6
AnbuItachi

sai is fine.. hes nothing special and stuff. naruto is what is not fine... hes freaking annoying. he can't just follow his orders and accept sai. whydoes he always break all the freaking rules. sai needs to shut him up.
AnbuItachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 23:41   Link #7
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousuke
He's only been around for a few chapters, but it seems that most readers already have pretty strong opinions about him. So vote and post your opinion w/ reasons!

Use logic. Reasons like "He's kawaii" or "He dresses like a girl" or "I don't like his name/haircut/mother-in-law/whatever" are useless. If the only reason you don't like a character is because he dresses like a girl, then that's your problem and we don't need to hear about it.

Me, I like Sai. I like his artistic talents and original jutsu, and he seems like a badass, powerfull addition to the cast. A lot of people don't like how he treats Naruto, but in my opinion Sasuke treated Naruto the same way. Sai's more humorous about it. I think Sai is going to end up being one of those characters who everyone thinks is bad but at last minute reveals himself as a protagonist by drastic means and earns a lot of fanclubs. And if not, evil is cool too.

Mayby you are new here, but You arent allowed to make Manga Thread without showing it as a Manga thread on your title. Please in future do specify if a thread is for Manga.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 00:50   Link #8
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Sais a jerk .. im more than sure he'll save sakura or naruto from something soon and live peacefully in konoha n_n

yep add manga tags to the title -.-
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 07:54   Link #9
Yachiru
fukataichou

He's a jerk because he has no feelings. I find him mildly intriguing because there's obviously more to this guy than meets the eye. I tolerate him for the many juicy info about his past that will come.
Yachiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 09:09   Link #10
sarrah
tikki

i love his technique of art coming to life..any artist dream to be able to put their masterpieces to life!
but on a charcter level, him being detatched reminds me of itachi's eeriness,,, however he's still attatched to feeling although hje wouldnt like to think so...his cold eyes remind me of pure itatchi...they often remind the readers of sasuke..but sasuke had perosnlity...arrogance and determination whereas sai is pur mental composure on the mission, no fear no desire... no hate......

knwon no love...maybe love will be shown to him by freindship between naruto and sakura......

very unique charcter
sarrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 16:10   Link #11
MobiuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanghyun1990
Gay like Orochimaru, Sasuke, Kabuto, and Itachi.
OMG! Orochimaru and Kabuto are NOT gay ...

They are just misunderstood souls *cough* with intentions of destroying Konoha ... *cough* Thats all there is to it.

On the other hand Sai, Itachi AND Sasuke are gay. Sai enjoys taking peeks at Naruto's penis. And Im sure nowhere in his handbook does it say he should smile when taking a look at any guy's penis ....

Sasuke chose Orochimaru over Sakura. Granted this was before Timeskip when she got hot ... but 4real ... she offered to do anything. Lame.

Itachi slayed all the women in his clan. Looked like the Uchihas had the sexiest chicks before timeskip too ... he coulda just saved one and had fun whenever he wanted ... but he chose ego over that ... so hes a bonafide gaylord.

My point?? Sai I detest. Its common courtesy not to look at a guy's penis no matter how obviously revealed it is to you. Anyone who does that is lower than the dirtbags that formed Akatsuki ...
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 21:57   Link #12
Tapp Zaddaz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS
Itachi slayed all the women in his clan. Looked like the Uchihas had the sexiest chicks before timeskip too ... he coulda just saved one and had fun whenever he wanted ... but he chose ego over that ... so hes a bonafide gaylord.
If he did that then wouldn't he be having..."fun" with his relatives?
Tapp Zaddaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 23:39   Link #13
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
To keep the clans blood pure they were all in-breds ^_^ , so yes uchiha hold nothing in taboo except killing everyone thats a no no
Old 2005-12-20, 00:57   Link #14
MobiuS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tapp Zaddaz
WOuld you count his 3rd cousin twice removed and legally emancipated a relative??

Come on ... Im sure theres one Uchiha female that fits that description ....
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 04:53   Link #15
Trov
Holy cack!

Honestly, Sai is cool in my book, I wasn't sure I'd like him at first, since he loos like a girl, and one of those pretty boys. But in the recent chapters, He Sasuke-Bashed, trashed talked, and spoke every fact out like it was nothing. He gave no twist and just said it out regardless of how people might feel of him. He's not trying to act cool or even wants to be cool. He's not angsty by any means, We've never seen a bit of emotion from him...

Damn. The guy is better-than-ok in my book.
Old 2005-12-20, 07:12   Link #16
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Sai is number one, according to something Hello said before. Im rooting for that to happen, so until then. I LURVE HIM
________
Marijuana strain strawberry cough

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 07:35.
Itachikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 07:37   Link #17
Legend Ver 2
The Omnipotent One

to me, he just seems like a replacement for sasuke since he's not here at the moment. i mean he sorta looks like him, acts like a badass, has a rivalry with naruto. seems like a filler character to me.
Legend Ver 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 07:40   Link #18
Rachy
Disabled By Request

I do like sais shirt though, if only sasuke wore things like that *sigh* lol.. :P

Quote:
seems like a filler character to me.
hmm yah it seems like hes introducing alot of new characters , maybe he'll phase sai out (hopefully) :P but i think he'll make amends with sakura and naruto by helping them out in some way...
Old 2007-12-08, 17:47   Link #19
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

Well, hunter give me this link, and it looks like its an very VERY old theme, but still.. can we continue?

i have a question...do Sai and Naruto ever get closer, to become friends, or he never accepts him?

When i saw this latest episode, i do not think Sai is such a bad person, i think he just says thinks without thinking it through, and really doesn't care if he hurts people with it....
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 17:50   Link #20
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Ill post too to help get this thread going again

~Manju isnt a manga reader btw~

So even though I knew about him I wasnt even sure what he looked like til the new Naruto OP Ill give him the benefit of the doubt so far anime wise, I dont mind Sai infact I find him kinda funny. His blunt personality and fake smile are amusing to me. Dunno what happens later on but I like him for now.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote