AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-29, 23:58   Link #3961
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Urgh, on Lovely x Cation 2 atm. Renaming your character breaks auto-mode ('cause I like to read some LNs at the same time), and playing it like a min-maxer for the bonuses during scenes is not recommended 'cause the wiki doesn't have the right values for those bonuses.

Still kind of fun though.
Old 2013-04-30, 06:40   Link #3962
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Oh so you can't just spam two attributes like in lovely cation 1?
Old 2013-04-30, 06:55   Link #3963
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

No idea about that, 'cause I played 1 like a lunatic too. Have yet to complete the two teachers' routes yet, though...hmm. Might need to get back to that sometime.
Old 2013-04-30, 21:37   Link #3964
n0m@n
C-Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
No idea about that, 'cause I played 1 like a lunatic too. Have yet to complete the two teachers' routes yet, though...hmm. Might need to get back to that sometime.
Yeah, lovelyXcation2 is probably one of the good ones this month.
But no teacher route.... Though the girls are good in the new one.
Old 2013-05-01, 02:59   Link #3965
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

無表情 blondie and senpai miko are the best for me. Mmmmm.
Old 2013-05-01, 17:04   Link #3966
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
lol, you guys are too hardcore for me, you're all already playing the new end month releases while I'm still working last month ones.

I just started Lovesick Puppies, the music is so superb in this game. I haven't met all the characters yet, but judging only on the character designs, I only plan to go through: Maruna's, Sofiya's, and Yuki's route.
I'm going through this game at the moment myself (not that hardcore either ), and my positive impressions from the trial have not been disappointed so far. Orie's route is the centerpiece of the game, and just really well-done in terms of both the story and the romance. I also finished Sofiya's route, and it's also quite well-executed. Going through Isami's route now, with the other two to follow.

One of the things that I wondered a lot about going into this game is how they were going to deal with the uncomfortable insinuation that the heroines were like "pets" (that belonged to their "master"), but for the most part they basically lampshaded this issue. They toy with it and call attention to the analogy a bit here and there, but not in such a way that puts down the characters (they're careful to point out that the protagonist sees them as equals). The heroines have their own dreams and ambitions that are separate from the protagonist, and they're drawn together in (rather) believable ways (one character arguably excepted). I think it's still a bit weird, but at least I don't feel the game meant it in a bad/demeaning way. (Perhaps that's an odd thing to be concerned about in this medium where are a lot of games are demeaning, but there you have it...)
Old 2013-05-01, 17:20   Link #3967
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

@Lovesick Puppies: I admit that when I had started playing it I really thought that there were some magic puppies to support the love of MC and girl-of-choice, especially after Orie's opening narration and Solaris' introduction .
Overall I loved the VN as I stated at some point earlier. There were maybe a handful things I didn't expect in terms of story development speed/structure or such, but nothing major for a light-hearted romance addict like me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere
rgh, on Lovely x Cation 2 atm. Renaming your character breaks auto-mode ('cause I like to read some LNs at the same time)
The currently-released patch seems to have fixed this problem along with the bug(?) that you couldn't switch Vit, Dex- and Love bonus on/off during recollection mode (when the boni were available to select, obviously).
Old 2013-05-01, 17:45   Link #3968
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

GGRRAAAAAAAAAUUGGH Eina why are you so cuuuuuuuuutteee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: Can one of you upload the Lovely cation 2 patch to a download site, or point to one of the mirrors? hibiki works' website is closed to foreigners.

EDIT2: Nevermind, I got it.

Last edited by Newprimus; 2013-05-01 at 20:17.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-05, 10:13   Link #3969
maverick12799

hi, i am looking for a way to translate baldr bullet revellion. i used ith, but it does not detect the engine, and i tryed with agth too, but it does not work and i do not find any agth h-code, i think it does not exist. Does any body know what text hooker works for this game???
maverick12799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-07, 13:37   Link #3970
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I have started playing Yumeiro Alouette and it's horrible how Kaname's (MC) so-called best friends + kouhai 1 treat him. It's for me a bad taste of comedy element. It has high potential to make me "aggresive"/sick just by thinking about it. It's probably one of the worst side cast I've seen so far. Hopefully, the respective romances can make up for it.
Old 2013-05-07, 21:01   Link #3971
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I finished Latte's Koiseyo Imouto Banchou!! a few days ago and my personal judgement:

Who would enjoy this:

Imoutos, imoutos, imoutos. This game is great for anyone who likes chara-ges and can enjoy wincest (even if they're all half-sisters). If deep, philosophical plot is not a requirement and you just want to be entertained with something that's a lot of comedy, a varied mix of ultra-cute characters, cool fighting action, a minimally necessary amount of drama, and is paced quick enough that you can finish the game in a relatively short amount of time, then this game would fit you.

Would I recommend this?

Highly recommended

For an imouto-centered chara-ge this game's very well executed. All the girls tend towards an often-familiar base personality type, but each girl is unique from one another so there's no two characters that seem too similar. There's a girl for every want, and they're all excellent. Eina especially is the cutest tsundere imouto ever, and the only one who's tsun-ness is always cute and never unpleasant. Within the scope of the base archetype each tends toward, all the characters are very well-made and executed.

The main protagonist is also a great departure from most harem leads. A common feature if harem males is that they're "gentle", but the gentleness that ImoBancho's lead possesses has a passionate, sincere streak to it. There's a sort of depth and conviction to his character that sets him apart from protagonists, both in his feelings and his actions.

There's fighting in this game, as much as there can be in a visual novel with no gameplay elements, but there are some pretty badass moments. If animated, those could be some really spectacular fights.

All the routes have a familiar pattern of a core drama that the heroine must overcome with help from the male lead, but each girl's problem feels believable and fitting to each girl. It also helps that this game is pretty short. The story never meanders or drags its feet, it just goes straight to the point and to the end.

Overall this game is cheap entertainment that's been polished into gold. If you want uber cute little sisters to cuddle, and watch them beat the cute out of each other, this game will deliver in excellence.

The weakest route is probably Hinoe's cause I felt her drama seemed a little unnecessary. Mashiro's has the best ending and epilogue, seconded by the route that's closest to a harem end. That aside, all the routes are pretty even.
Old 2013-05-08, 00:17   Link #3972
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Going trough a few games from my backlog.

Since I was kind of interested in Prism Recollection I decided to finally play Kamikaze Explorer (yeah, pretty late I know). After finishing it, I found it quite average overall. Plot and characters were entertaining to some extend, but all the routes were pretty much the same meaning I got tired of it after finishing two. At least they were short. Doubt I'll be playing PriColle any time soon.

Another game I finished was Pullop Latte's Kanojo to Ore to Koibito to. This one I loved just for the simple raburabu and ichaicha it delivered. Moe done right, I say. All the heroines were just too damn cute. Ayano~

Currently playing Lump of Sugar's GakuOu. This one has been a really fun ride so far. Aiming for Annemarie's route first.

Last edited by johnishida; 2013-05-08 at 06:19.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 05:52   Link #3973
Aer0gam3r

I recently finished Lovely x Cation 2 and Hitotsu Tobashi Ren'ai.

I have to say that LxC2 went above my expectations. The heroines are all likable and the romance is pretty damn good. Along with an overall improvement in the gaming system, the Lovely Call system is also a lot better than the original LxC. The quality of the H-scenes has also improve greatly =3. Overall a very high quality chara-ge. However I say that Wakoto's route was a tad worse than the others. Also I don't like how she "leads" during H-scenes.

Hitotsu Tobashi Ren'ai was probably slightly above average. The comedy is quite funny, with a lot of instances where they "break the 4th wall". Probably the most annoying thing for the game is that I actually found myself wanting routes for the heroines counter parts (the cousin, childhood friend, etc). Risa's route is the most random of all the routes and that's probably why I say it's the only route worth playing =p.

Well while I'm here I might as well give my 2cents bout lovesick puppies.

I actually only really liked 2 routes for lovesick puppies; Yuuki and Orie. Yuuki's route was just AMAZING. The transition from childhood friends to lovers is done very nicely and the romance is spot on. Orie's route blew it a bit with the student council crap, but her "lovesick" mode is hilarious. Sonya's route was good, but I felt that it was a bit too standard. The romance was good, but the drama felt quite out of place. Isami's route was nothing special...also her boobs are way too big. Maruna's route was a TRAINWRECK. TOO many random events pop in that diverge things from the main focus of her route. It was a pity that Chikage didn't get a route T__T.
Old 2013-05-08, 09:33   Link #3974
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Was LxC 2 really that good? The writing was similar in style to the first one (especially with regards to the male lead), the source of drama and conflicts were predictable and easy to spot from a mile away, and conflict resolution pretty much gets lost in all the H scenes when it's not coming off as abrupt and sudden.

It was entertaining, and it was nice seeing all the work that went into the stat system and stuff, but I didn't think it was that good.
Old 2013-05-08, 10:19   Link #3975
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
Was LxC 2 really that good? The writing was similar in style to the first one (especially with regards to the male lead), the source of drama and conflicts were predictable and easy to spot from a mile away, and conflict resolution pretty much gets lost in all the H scenes when it's not coming off as abrupt and sudden.

It was entertaining, and it was nice seeing all the work that went into the stat system and stuff, but I didn't think it was that good.
Imho, the drama and conflicts were never supposed to be a serious element in the LxC series seeing that there's not much of a (deep) story to begin with, hence the better that it gets resolved as soons as it has dared to appear. They could have just left it out and tada an pure happy-go-lucky VN, which is not a bad thing, btw . With the stat + dating-sim approach as its main points, I thought it would appeal to exactly those fans, who remember/know the classic dating-sim True Love, for example.
Long story short: It depends on what you are looking for in a VN. Icha-icha rabu-rabu lovers like I, who don't care too much of a deep story (partly depending on the genre/premise) as long as the romance is good and the characters are likeable are likely in 7th heaven
@LxC2 itself: So far I enjoyed the beginning until confession part of Hime and Hinata more than those of Seine and Wakoto. The interaction between the former group with the MC was due to their cheerful nature and brightness simply more enjoyable. Hence, from the routes I completed, Hime and Seine, I prefered Himes, even though I generally enjoy the calm/soft-spoken/less talkative characters.
Old 2013-05-08, 10:25   Link #3976
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I guess that applies, but for the most part I never wanted something deep, nor anything complex; just something engaging and captivating. You do have a point though; the dating sim aspect and feel was definitely part of its charm, and I guess I'm just too jaded to appreciate it for the most part (time to go through dating sim bootcamp with TokiMemo! SIR YES SIR!).

It's just that, considering this was the second title, I as hoping for them to at least take the storytelling in a different direction instead of just recycling LxC1's feel only with names and traits of the heroines replaced. Not even overtly wishing for it, just slightly hoping.

I had a lot of fun with it, though some of the fun I had were for the wrong reasons.
Old 2013-05-08, 12:18   Link #3977
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Anyone can recommend me a new eroge to try out? I just did Tears to Tara and couldn't finish it (Not that great, combat sooooo slow and clunky), and Castle Fantasia's story was so laughable I stopped that too.

I am looking for something more modern day (sci-fi, school days, steampunk, whatever), but have a combat based mechanic so it is not just a pure VN.

Any recommendations? (And yes, it has to be 100% English)
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 19:02   Link #3978
Mazyrian

Have you played Gadget Trial? It has a somewhat developed strategic game, similar to Advance Wars (though once you can build bombers any other strategy becomes useless), though the VN part is maybe a little poor.
Old 2013-05-09, 08:34   Link #3979
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Eien no Aselia's combat is solid, but I kinda hate the battle music and generally have no interest fighting for any of the factions in Phantasmogaria due to how much I hate all of them, spirits aside.

That said, I do like how it at least pays some lip service to supplies and logistics support.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 10:06   Link #3980
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Eien no Aselia's combat is solid, but I kinda hate the battle music and generally have no interest fighting for any of the factions in Phantasmogaria due to how much I hate all of them, spirits aside.

That said, I do like how it at least pays some lip service to supplies and logistics support.
Well the factions in Phantasmagoria are not meant to be likeable anyway...

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel