AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2010-01-27, 20:36   Link #321
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

So how many episodes will this be? How "close" is the adaption really? I mean, is the manga over yet? I don't want this to have another original ending so that I have to go read the manga :X.

I can't wait for this to end, i really want to watch it. Though for some reason, i liked the animation of the original series better than this current one. I've seen like a few episodes, and it looks kind of weird (anyone else feel the same way?).
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 21:01   Link #322
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
So how many episodes will this be? How "close" is the adaption really? I mean, is the manga over yet? I don't want this to have another original ending so that I have to go read the manga :X.

I can't wait for this to end, i really want to watch it. Though for some reason, i liked the animation of the original series better than this current one. I've seen like a few episodes, and it looks kind of weird (anyone else feel the same way?).
We think there's gonna be 63 episodes... The adaptation's actually quite good. They cut out some dialogue and scenes here and there; the pacing was rather off in the beginning (2 chapters per ep), but all in all they're not doing bad at all. The manga's deep in its final arc. It'll be over by the end of this year, probably.

As for the art style, well, I don't mind it much. I didn't like it a lot in the begininning either but I got used to it and I think it looks fine. It's just different from the first anime - I'd say it follows the manga's style more closely than the first, with the roundish faces. I think it's fine. Battle scenes look much better, and I have to mention that there's vast improvements in areas like Roy's fire attacks. Also, great OP/ED sequences, too. It' brand-new and shiny, so I think it's definately worth watching.
Old 2010-01-28, 00:33   Link #323
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post

same here. I actually held off watching Brotherhood till last week, and caught up to date in 3 days. Waiting for so long since I last watched episode 1 of Brotherhood and got this really strange feeling that "I can't take the animation, Edward's hair looks too bright", I think watching it now has given me enough time to get that feeling off me, lol.

Anyway, I started watching from Brotherhood episode 13 (everything else before is too similar to the first series). And I just got so hooked! There's so much more details in this series. It's got great music. Faster pace than the first series, but a lot more action. Some characters also get more scenes and character development... I only regret not being able to wait longer, else I can watch the entire series in one go instead of waiting for the next episode.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 12:53   Link #324
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
same here. I actually held off watching Brotherhood till last week, and caught up to date in 3 days. Waiting for so long since I last watched episode 1 of Brotherhood and got this really strange feeling that "I can't take the animation, Edward's hair looks too bright", I think watching it now has given me enough time to get that feeling off me, lol.

Anyway, I started watching from Brotherhood episode 13 (everything else before is too similar to the first series). And I just got so hooked! There's so much more details in this series. It's got great music. Faster pace than the first series, but a lot more action. Some characters also get more scenes and character development... I only regret not being able to wait longer, else I can watch the entire series in one go instead of waiting for the next episode.
aw, you missed some awesome king bradley moments from the first 12 eps
GaimeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-31, 11:15   Link #325
Haladflire65
*Artist

Spoiler for Question: spoilers for manga:
Old 2010-01-31, 11:18   Link #326
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

You mean Zampano? He's not a lion, some kind of warthog lol, idk for sure.

Spoiler for manga:
Old 2010-01-31, 11:21   Link #327
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Babyy View Post
You mean Zampano? He's not a lion, some kind of warthog lol, idk for sure.

Spoiler for manga:
Oh, right. That's who I meant.

Spoiler for manga:

Thanx for reminding me
Old 2010-01-31, 11:21   Link #328
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Haha, no problem. It's been such a long time since I've read that part, can't believe I didn't forget myself.
Old 2010-02-01, 00:07   Link #329
Vicious108

I wish I could forget about it myself.

Spoiler:
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 01:33   Link #330
Regnes

I'd honestly say there is no good reason to skip any episodes.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is superior to the 2003 anime in every positive aspect.

While it's true that you would be viewing some of the same scenes and storylines, the reality is that they're handled so much better. The voicework is much stronger, the music is much more diverse (The 2003 anime only had maybe a few major music pieces), the colouring is better, and the animation destroys it.

The pacing is also another highlight, in the 2003 anime everything moves at a sort of crawling pace, while in Brotherhood there is always something important going on to keep you interested.

Ed and Al's attempt to bring their mom back

Tucker creating a chimera with Alexander and Nina

Hughes' death

those scenes in particular blow away their 2003 counterparts. Do yourselves a favour, DO NOT skip any episodes, you will only be missing out on a large chunk of one of the greatest anime productions in history(yes it is that good).
Regnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 04:58   Link #331
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

You may want to cover up those spoilers, i mean this is the Q&A thread.
Old 2010-02-24, 12:54   Link #332
Strike101

so no official word yet on how long is this series gonna run ?
Strike101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 21:44   Link #333
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Not really, since the manga's not even finished yet. It could end any chapter though and since the show's catching up so fast I wouldn't think it would be too much longer.
Old 2010-02-25, 16:25   Link #334
GaimeGuy

show is still 21 chapters back, and at the pace they've been covering things lately (about 1.25-1.75 chapters per ep) that leaves a good 15 eps left at least.

I bet they put in another recap ep too
Old 2010-02-26, 01:58   Link #335
Vicious108

Well if that's what it takes for the anime not to catch up to the manga then so be it. I'd rather have recap episodes than a filler ending.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 03:26   Link #336
K_Babyy
Fullmetal Heart

Oh man, me too. I don't think they'd seperate from the manga this far into the series, plus it would kinda defeat the whole purpose of Brotherhood since they claimed it's manga based.
Old 2010-03-06, 16:20   Link #337
takachsh
Unagi, Rice Bowl Love

So i've just got a question regarding Pride,

Spoiler for Pride:
takachsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 04:58   Link #338
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by takachsh View Post
So i've just got a question regarding Pride,

Spoiler for Pride:
You misunderstand

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-16, 14:31   Link #339
Regnes

This is more of a question of what other people's opinion is.

Do you think that the most recent opening/ending of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (Opening/Ending #4) went too far in terms of spoilers?

I had completely caught up with the manga some months before Brotherhood even started airing, so it wasn't a big deal to me, I knew what was coming. But for somebody new to the series or at least new to the manga storyline, I'd say that was a heavy spoiler that it implied.

Spoiler for Most recent opening/ending.:

The spoiler shown in the opening was fulfilled about 2 months after it was first shown, went way too far imo.
Regnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 14:39   Link #340
Vlyse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regnes View Post
This is more of a question of what other people's opinion is.

Do you think that the most recent opening/ending of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (Opening/Ending #4) went too far in terms of spoilers?

I had completely caught up with the manga some months before Brotherhood even started airing, so it wasn't a big deal to me, I knew what was coming. But for somebody new to the series or at least new to the manga storyline, I'd say that was a heavy spoiler that it implied.

EDIT:

Odd, my spoiler wrap isn't showing up, oh well, the spoiler involves Greed, should know what I'm reffering to.
When you know what's coming, teasers usually seem like spoilers but they really aren't.

That one in particular was obvious as it also
Spoiler for involves:

Besides, these themes were nothing in terms of spoilers compared to the second themes.
Vlyse is offline   Reply With Quote