Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-29, 16:05   Link #41
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Ok there was one ^^I can't type the star.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 16:12   Link #42
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
(I was wondering why there wasn't a thread for this yet >.<)
Personally I have no idea what (ONA) means.
Someone needs to learn how to search (or at least check the link on the AnimeSuki Candy Boy page).

ONA = Original Net Animation. It means it was first released on the internet.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 16:15   Link #43
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Someone needs to learn how to search (or at least check the link on the AnimeSuki Candy Boy page).

ONA = Original Net Animation. It means it was first released on the internet.
Acutally I did search for it, for the thread section and title, it didn't turn up for me (well.. for the title there was like 20+ pages, i went thru the first 5 only, I was being lazy >.<). But I didn't check the listing though ^^. I didn't think of that, but i'll be sure to do that next time.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 16:34   Link #44
cyth
Banned

As far as I know, the term ONA isn't widely recognised among western fans. Japanese refer to such a format as Web Anime (Webアニメ) if at all, because these series get released on DVD eventually. At least the term OVA is used differently these days; pretty much every OVA has a scheduled broadcast ahead of its sales launch in today's world.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 08:17   Link #45
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Hey! Someone released the music video on the Tube. Obviously they used the ONA as footage and summarized the whole thing. The song is pretty nice though.

*still wishes for full series*

So what are the chances of it being a full series?!

*wishes more*
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 11:27   Link #46
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
Hey! Someone released the music video on the Tube. Obviously they used the ONA as footage and summarized the whole thing.
Aside from the ONA's footage, the PV has a few seconds of new animation. If only for that, it's worth the downoad.
Old 2007-12-08, 10:56   Link #47
Shana

Already watched the Short OVA:

Now that was GREAT! I hope we can get, at least, other Short OVA, or better, a series!!
Old 2007-12-09, 06:47   Link #48
Kuroi Cosmo

The dvd version is 10 minutes long (ona was 7.39), and provides a new scene between the twins right after the confessions (plus the ending credits with a lovely picture as background).

Any hope for some subs?
Kuroi Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 15:41   Link #49
Shana

Finally, someone fansubs the Short OVA!

So, let's go enjoy it~
Old 2007-12-27, 15:48   Link #50
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
Finally, someone fansubs the Short OVA!

So, let's go enjoy it~
ah! Lesbian twincest! this was such a yummy short story, too bad the chances of a full series are small, but please i want to be proven wrong.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 15:56   Link #51
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I actually enjoyed this very much. 8/10
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 16:08   Link #52
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
This is very cute XD
Proper yuri action for once? Haven't seen one of those since strawberry panic ^^

This needs a series

...burning question...why is the word "boy" in the title O.o

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 16:20   Link #53
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
This is very cute XD
Proper yuri action for once? Haven't seen one of those since strawberry panic ^^

This needs a series

...burning question...why is the word "boy" in the title O.o
because one of the twins is a tomboy and likes candy, well both of the twins like candy but you will get it if you watch the show, all the trouble is caused because both of them like candy.
Old 2007-12-27, 16:27   Link #54
Falkor

I wasn't aware there was already a subbed version for the dvd.
I really enjoyed the ONA, but the resolution was a bit too much for my eyes. It’s nice to watch it again with a decent quality plus the missing scene.

I need more yuri. 8 minutes are not enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
because one of the twins is a tomboy and likes candy, well both of the twins like candy but you will get it if you watch the show, all the trouble is caused because both of them like candy.
was it because of candy? I thought there was some sort of misunderstanding involving a third girl.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 16:56   Link #55
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
was it because of candy? I thought there was some sort of misunderstanding involving a third girl.
yeah, but the blonde sister was supposed to help the girl get close to the other sister and she was receiving candy to do it as a bribe! She at first thought she would be ok with it, but when the dark haired sister started to distance herself from her she changed her mind. At the end she took all the candy but didn't keep her end of the bargain!
Old 2007-12-27, 22:01   Link #56
changeup

This short animation seems just there to prove how many minutes and hours we have wasted on lengthy animes with unnecessary fillers... It is a story about a lot of candy, but no boy at all one of my favorite this year. Although I still feel a kiss scene has long been due to all the yuri series this year. We did not get a single kiss scene in Venus Versus Virus, El Cazador, and only a very ambiguous one in Blue Drop, while all those non-yuri series are filled with hot girls kissing hot girls .... talking about something really really wrong with the concept of fanservice...
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 22:32   Link #57
Falkor

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
yeah, but the blonde sister was supposed to help the girl get close to the other sister and she was receiving candy to do it as a bribe! She at first thought she would be ok with it, but when the dark haired sister started to distance herself from her she changed her mind. At the end she took all the candy but didn't keep her end of the bargain!
I think i finally understand the 'hidden meaning' of the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
This short animation seems just there to prove how many minutes and hours we have wasted on lengthy animes with unnecessary fillers... It is a story about a lot of candy, but no boy at all one of my favorite this year. Although I still feel a kiss scene has long been due to all the yuri series this year. We did not get a single kiss scene in Venus Versus Virus, El Cazador, and only a very ambiguous one in Blue Drop, while all those non-yuri series are filled with hot girls kissing hot girls .... talking about something really really wrong with the concept of fanservice...
I'm fine if there is no kiss whatsoever. You can always rely on your imagination for those matters or a doujinshi if you lack some inspiration.

I have to agree here. A story doesn't need to be long/complex/complicated in order to be enjoyable and yet present and execute a decent plot. Blue Drop is supposed to be the most yurish show of this season, but for me Candy Boy > Blue Drop in terms of yuri.

There's nothing wrong with liking fan-service. It's better to be open-minded about it.
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 22:48   Link #58
changeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
I'm fine if there is no kiss whatsoever. You can always rely on your imagination for those matters or a doujinshi if you lack some inspiration.

I have to agree here. A story doesn't need to be long/complex/complicated in order to be enjoyable and yet present and execute a decent plot. Blue Drop is supposed to be the most yurish show of this season, but for me Candy Boy > Blue Drop in terms of yuri.

There's nothing wrong with liking fan-service. It's better to be open-minded about it.
Well, my main point, which maybe I haven't desribed it well, is that I feel extremely uncomfortable with all those forced yuri fanservice in those non-yuri series. Some ambiguity is fine, but an outright kiss... I feel it only diminishes the beauty of yuri-love.

Well, Candy Boy is all about yuri, whereas Blue Drop is also about a lot of things else so yeah... and I'd say Blue Drop is anything but lengthy
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 12:49   Link #59
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Short as it was, I thought that was one of the best anime of the year. The same story could have been stretched to several episodes by a normal treatment, but here they got full value from every second. Best ONA I've seen.

Nabatame Hitomi (Kana) continues to solidify her image as queen of Japan's yuri seiyuu. Not only did she play Shizuka in Strawberry Panic, but she presents an image of herself as gay in real life. Of course, she began her career as Arcueid Brunestad in Tsukihime, and her best role, in my opinion, was Nobue-oneesan in Ichigo Mashimaro.

And I was thrilled to hear Katou Emiri (Kagami in Lucky Star) back as the younger girl with a crush on her. Not many words, but I loved her chuckle as she hung up that picture of Kana drooling.

But for me, the star of the show was Yuzuki Ryouka as Yukino. She just nailed it, as far as I was concerned. I loved her as Minagi in AIR, and she was also Eruru in Utawarerumono. It appears that her main gig, though, is as Ino in all the Naruto shows.

The director/writer came from nowhere. Apparently the last anime Hoshikawa Takafumi did was the Happy Lesson OVA in 2001. I wonder if he pitched this as a longer OVA but was only given a short ONA. If so, it wouldn't be the first time that imposing limits on an artist helped him produce his best work.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-12-29 at 15:46.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-29, 12:57   Link #60
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Short as it was, I thought that was one of the best anime of the year. The same story could have been stretched to several episodes by a normal treatment, but here they got full value from every second. Best ONA I've seen.
Quote:
Nabatame Hitomi (Kana) continues to solidify her image as queen of Japan's yuri seiyuu. Not only did she play Shizuka in Strawberry Panic, but she presents an image of herself as gay in real life. Of course, she began her career as Arcueid Brunestad in Tsukihime, and her best role, in my opinion, was Nobue-oneesan in Ichigo Mashimaro.
I didn't know that she had a bit part in Blue Drop as well. *ponders* Now I have an excuse to go rewatch all of the episodes and figure out where she popped up
Quote:
But for me, the star of the show was Yuzuki Ryouka as Yukino. She just nailed it, as far as I was concerned. I loved her as Minagi in AIR, and she was also Eruru in Utawarerumono. It appears that her main gig, though, is as Ino in all the Naruto shows.
This ONA definitely shocked me because I couldn't figure out who was voicing whom at first. Then I found out who the seiyuu were and was floored. I bought the CD/DVD and haven't been disappointed.

Tags
romantic comedy, yuri