AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Vampire Knight

Notices

View Poll Results: Vampire Knight - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 42.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 19.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 8.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 4.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-07, 16:58   Link #21
zetsubousensei
zoku!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Based on those screens~~

Spoiler for epi 5:
LOL! I have to agree with that. For some reason in the manga he was like...meh.....but here I was like holy crap..."how you doing?" .

I guess the "cliffie" as you can say was well done, I can see why people are so excited about the next one....ah, nice episode.
Old 2008-05-07, 18:56   Link #22
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queeny View Post
the sub is out everyone , finally it's faster than before XD
Thanks for the update =D. Can't wait to watch it tonight!
Old 2008-05-07, 19:07   Link #23
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Just finished watching it, great episide
Old 2008-05-07, 19:30   Link #24
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Feasting on the Moonlight

The striking aspect for Vampire Knight is that most of the plot for each episode, if not all of it, happens inside Cross Academy and/or the annexed town next to it.

Until episode three, the story didn't move beyond the scope of the cold pacifism between vampires and humans co-existing at Cross Academy.

However, this all changed once Zero manifested his first awakened symptoms as a Level 'E' vampire and bit Yuki, unintentionally.

From that point, new characters are going to start flowing into Cross Academy, such was the case with the mysterious teacher.
Spoiler:

With Zero's transformation things began to set in motion.

At last, the Night Class properly explained about the different classes of vampires.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-07, 21:56   Link #25
FuzzyWuzzy

K great episode as always. Kaname is kind of creepy. Guys like that shouldn't be too forward and shouldn't be aggressive at all even if it's a little. It ruins their illusion. Zero is scary atm. Nothing worse than a guy who can't control his own actions.

Anyway, so I get to see the whole or part of the vampire hierarchy. But I have a question though. How do vampires procreate? Do they have sex? If not then pure blood vampires should be an endangered specie. One more thing, if you are going to answer this question please put a spoiler tag. Thank you in advance to the person who answered my question.
Old 2008-05-07, 22:18   Link #26
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

pretty much follows the manga. yah for Seiren screentime.. overall, a great ep. looks like we'll be getting Zero's back story next time.

yes vampires procreate via sex. its not shown, but its implied by some further development in the manga. but i guess its a slow process because vampires are old..
Old 2008-05-08, 00:39   Link #27
Mirakuru

YAYY they showed all the Ichijou goodness I was so afraid they were gonna cut out! xD
I also agree that Yagari Touga is like.. WHEWW in the anime. o_o He's just so.. well-drawn. ^^;; *coughcough*
The ending was GREAT.. Zero's "Shisshou.." was really well-done!
The plot seems to moving along very nicely and its picking up the pace nicely as well~ I can't wait for the next episode!
Old 2008-05-08, 02:09   Link #28
Asleep

With all their vampire powers can't they find a way to cure Level E vampires? I hate the way they looked down upon Level Es (and indirectly Zero). They were acting like they were born that way and they deserve to be killed. If it's their "responsibility" to kill them then maybe humans should be responsible and kill off Vampires too, since they are the root cause.

I just don't want Zero to become a Level E

I like Kaname less and less every episode...

great episode though!
Old 2008-05-08, 02:22   Link #29
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
They were acting like they were born that way and they deserve to be killed. If it's their "responsibility" to kill them then maybe humans should be responsible and kill off Vampires too, since they are the root cause.
And how do you think what the Vampire Hunters have been doing (trying anyway i assume) ? I think the label alone gives a hint

What do you propose as alternative though ? Let the levelE's freely roam around while shrugging at the situation ? There is only so much they can do considering there apparently isn't anything available to help them.

Quote:
I just don't want Zero to become a Level E
That would make for some interesting development ... and having Yuuki pull the trigger on him. Though i have a feeling that is unlikely to happen. He is one of the main characters after all ... while having him die at the end is a possibility, i wouldn't be surprised at all if they come up with some deus ex machina along the way that prevents him from degrading.

Quote:
I like Kaname less and less every episode...
Personally i have no reason to dislike Kaname thus far. He has done nothing wrong, even though he is very focused on Yuuki. Then again he said she is the most important girl in the world to him, so if that implies what i think it does being a little "overprotective" is understandable, and is not unreasonable given the situation.
Old 2008-05-08, 04:08   Link #30
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Anyway, so I get to see the whole or part of the vampire hierarchy. But I have a question though. How do vampires procreate? Do they have sex? If not then pure blood vampires should be an endangered specie. One more thing, if you are going to answer this question please put a spoiler tag. Thank you in advance to the person who answered my question. One more thing, if you are going to answer this question please put a spoiler tag. Thank you in advance to the person who answered my question.
This question cant be answered in the weekly epi thread since it will touch on several things that havent been shown yet so youre gonna have to wait it seems. Sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall
That would make for some interesting development ... and having Yuuki pull the trigger on him. Though i have a feeling that is unlikely to happen. He is one of the main characters after all ... while having him die at the end is a possibility, i wouldn't be surprised at all if they come up with some deus ex machina along the way that prevents him from degrading.
That I can totally see happening, espc Yuuki doing it. Course Ive said many times I see someone in this dying, dunno who yet but considering all hands point to Zero cuz of the Level E it would be the easiest yet also cliche at the same time. Course just cuz he's a main character dont mean anything ~thinks of several anime where one of the lead characters died~
Im still not a Zero fan but Id hate to see him go out like that since he never deserved to get bitten or have his family killed off. I may not like his attitude but I dont want to poor guy to die either.

On that note...gonna go stare at his master some more Dang I mean really...he looks good in the manga but animated Im like Hello Nurse!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2008-05-08 at 11:11.
Old 2008-05-08, 07:23   Link #31
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Vampire Knight is just rolling right along already in episode 5 we meet Zero's master a very famous Vampire Hunter and we see Cross give Yuuki the seal to try to control Zero's bloodlust. Also, we got a explanation of a level E vampire (which Zero is apparently doomed to become)

Zero had some nice moves against that level E given enough time i think he would have taken care of him but he did hesitate a little he should have finished it when he used the seal on the bottom of Yuuki's staff to temporary blind it.

OVer all a good episode i noticed some fluctuations in the animation. Especially during the part when Yuuki is next to Kaname with candle light Kaname's face looked rather weird. but its still not enough for me to really complain about.

Things are moving as i had hoped im still worried about the introduction of possible anime original material but if its done like the last one it shouldnt be a problem. They have done a bang up job so far
Old 2008-05-08, 11:16   Link #32
andromeda0201

Great episode, the mood and atmosphere was still perfect! I totally agree what a poster before said, as in the night party had a hidden sinister feeling, especially how the other vampires seemed to react towards Zero and Yuuki.
Last scene was especially intense when Zero was about to go "chomp!" Guess it was the Ichijou x Shiki scene that pushed him to his limits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
That I can totally see happening, espc Yuuki doing it. Course Ive said many times I see someone in this dying, dunno who yet but considering all hands point to Zero cuz of the Level E it would be the easiest yet also cliche at the same time. Course just cuz he's a main character dont mean anything ~thinks of several anime where one of the lead characters died~
...wow if that really happens....it would be like Hino Matsuri especially created Zero to make him suffer. I mean, come on, this guy obviously has a screwed up past and much more screwed up current, if he ends up dying then he could probably make it into the list of 'anime/manga characters with the most depressing life'

As for Kaname, he was especially seductive in this episode, I'm not sure how to actually pinpoint that feeling. But then when he said that Yuuki will eventually come back to him, it sort of put me off a little. We all know he loves Yuuki and vice versa, but that remark was a bit too overconfident... makes me think that won't really happen
Old 2008-05-08, 21:55   Link #33
Alea Misa

lmao, I love the Chairman, he's hilarious!
Old 2008-05-09, 02:18   Link #34
Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
And how do you think what the Vampire Hunters have been doing (trying anyway i assume) ? I think the label alone gives a hint
I never said I agreed with the Vampire Hunters...But if the Vampires are ok about killing Level Es without any hesitation then why should they complain about Vampire Hunters doing the same thing to them? I don't think anyone would hold back on their blood drinking urges, if it weren't for Kaname. What I am trying to say is both are wrong the Vampires - in thinking they have to kill off all Level Es and the Vamire Hunters - that they must kill the vampires.

Quote:
What do you propose as alternative though ? Let the levelE's freely roam around while shrugging at the situation ? There is only so much they can do considering there apparently isn't anything available to help them.
They could isolate them and find out how to fix them for starters? From what they have shown, they aren't even trying to find any kind of treatment. No research, nothing. I mean even Vampires have those pills they can use. If everyone thought killing was the solution to every illness, no illness would ever be cured.

Quote:
That would be very predictable if he died...I do hope they try something new that also makes sense

Quote:
Personally i have no reason to dislike Kaname thus far. He has done nothing wrong, even though he is very focused on Yuuki. Then again he said she is the most important girl in the world to him, so if that implies what i think it does being a little "overprotective" is understandable, and is not unreasonable given the situation.
I don't like his possessiveness, his bossiness, and his arrogance. The way he ordered Yuki to sit down, they way he said Yuuki would ultimately come back to him, and the way he acted derisive towards Zero with the whole Level E discussion. The discussion was clearly pointed at Zero. He is human (for most of the time) right now right? Were they trying to make him feel bad? No sympathy, instead they are practically blaming him for turning into a Level E! He didn't choose it, you can at least show some compassion instead of acting like oh too bad, he has to be disposed off but it's not our fault we are only being responsible vampires and cleaning our messCan they stop treating him like someone beneath them? I doubt they ever thought of finding a way to cure them because clearly they are of lower class and should be handled accordingly (by killing them, of course).

Basically I hate the entire Vampire caste system.

sorry for the long post
Old 2008-05-09, 02:22   Link #35
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

When the hell is Zero gonna get that he needs to take those blood tablets to keep his hunger under control, he's such a dumbass. Enjoy the episode even though Zero's behavior just never ceases to annoy me.
Old 2008-05-09, 03:29   Link #36
KrebMarkt
Never do well

I'm not sure it as been explained yet

Spoiler for What E is as an abbreviation:
Old 2008-05-09, 03:36   Link #37
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I don't like his possessiveness, his bossiness, and his arrogance.
Pretty much why I disliked him too at the early stages of the manga, doesn't help he had no one to check that arrogance unlike say Lelouche from Code Geass who got a quick reality check in that series.
Old 2008-05-09, 12:38   Link #38
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
When the hell is Zero gonna get that he needs to take those blood tablets to keep his hunger under control, he's such a dumbass. Enjoy the episode even though Zero's behavior just never ceases to annoy me.
You misunderstand the situation. Zero is physically unable to swallow the blood tablets. His body rejects them. As said in episode 5, some humans turned vampires are unable to use the blood tablets because their bodies cannot accept them. If it helps you understand the situation, you can think of Zero as having a food allergy to the blood tablets. He tries to swallow them, but they make him vomit instead.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2008-05-09, 14:22   Link #39
ani_d

I saw some snippets of the manga art and now I finally understood why there's been some complaints about Kaname's animation in the anime. I still think he's a bish either way even if the manga bishified him better.

Quote:
I don't like his possessiveness, his bossiness, and his arrogance. The way he ordered Yuki to sit down, they way he said Yuuki would ultimately come back to him, and the way he acted derisive towards Zero with the whole Level E discussion. The discussion was clearly pointed at Zero. He is human (for most of the time) right now right? Were they trying to make him feel bad? No sympathy, instead they are practically blaming him for turning into a Level E! He didn't choose it, you can at least show some compassion instead of acting like oh too bad, he has to be disposed off but it's not our fault we are only being responsible vampires and cleaning our messCan they stop treating him like someone beneath them? I doubt they ever thought of finding a way to cure them because clearly they are of lower class and should be handled accordingly (by killing them, of course).
lol Exactly. I feel for Zero. I think Kaname's just gonna get worse in later episodes. His attraction to Yuuki is just so suspicious. Maybe he has some twisted ambition that he wants to share with her or something.

Back to Zero, his tolerance for the blood tablets probably was the last straw. It just made matters worse. Everything about the vampire system all points to his inevitable death right now. I wonder if this really how it will turn out in the end. Or maybe the writers are just leading us on. I think Zero deserved a better fate in this story.
Old 2008-05-09, 16:21   Link #40
Westlo
Lets be reality

Damn ani_d we agree on who we think should "win" for once lol.

Quote:
I saw some snippets of the manga art and now I finally understood why there's been some complaints about Kaname's animation in the anime. I still think he's a bish either way even if the manga bishified him better.
Most shoujo manga character art takes a pretty big hit in going to anime but I have to agree Zero came out of that process much better than Kaname.
Closed Thread