AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-20, 11:37   Link #101
lonewolf777
Disabled By Request

I think that Akainu is a logia. If you look at the last page of the chapter, his sides are surrounded by magma and smoke, and it looks like his arms turned into magma. Since he's yet to be hit, it's still up in the air, but I think he is, considering the other two are, it would only fill in the pattern.
Old 2009-11-20, 16:17   Link #102
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

That was a really good chapter. Sengoku clever man.

I think they need to stop throwing giants at White Beard. This is his second giant he has dispatched with out serious problems. I would like to see duel between White Beard and the Three supreme admirals.

Second what is White Beard's game plan? He went in to this knowing it would be a trap. What trump card or game changer is he going to have that will affect the One Piece Universe?
I hope his trump Card is another Yonkou or some power house from the new world. That would make this battle little more interesting.

Do the Admirals have Haki too? I can't see Akainu and Akoiji's logia power stopping the earth quake from destroying the platform. The Earth quake white Beard mad is way different then the ones you normaly see. I mean he rocked the whole island.
Old 2009-11-20, 17:02   Link #103
james0246

^Technically, everyone has Haki, the only difference is how their haki is used, and whether it can brought forth as a "weapon". That being said, if they do posses a Haki "weapon", then I expect it to act as a defensive ability rather than an offensive ability.
Old 2009-11-20, 17:57   Link #104
marvelB

I dunno if anyone remembers, but a few chapters back I made this crazy theory about the possiblilty of Garp's subordinate Bogart being a traitor since he hasn't been seen since the Water 7 storyline. The fact that the fedora-clad marine STILL hasn't appeared during these last few chapters doesn't exactly eliminate my doubts about him, either. He may have been the one who opened Marineford's gate of justice for reasons that are only known to himself......
Old 2009-11-20, 18:08   Link #105
Tenryuken
Pirate God

Cool

I think he appeared later in a chap when Sengoku was skolding Garp.

Edit:

Yep, I found it:

Spoiler for BOGART:

Last edited by Tenryuken; 2009-11-21 at 07:18.
Old 2009-11-20, 18:18   Link #106
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenryuken View Post
I think he appeared later in a chap when Sengoku was skolding Garp.
First, i don't think that's bogart... he may be sitting next to Garp and carrying a sword but he does not have Bogart's usual clothing... and we can't really get a good look at his face to help confirm

Second of all, do NOT link to that website... the manga is lincense so it's against the rules to link to a site that provides scanlations. If you must post a page, copy the image url, and upload it to something like image shack and display it from there
Old 2009-11-20, 19:36   Link #107
marvelB

As SlayerX said, the clothes don't match, which only further strengthens my suspicions about Bogart. Why haven't we seen him at all throughout this war, which is a critical event that will determine the future of not only the government, but the very world itself? Surely, you'd expect to see any and all able marines fighting against Whitebeard's forces, am I right? I mean, we even saw one of the more obscure marines, John Giant, fighting (and ultimately getting taken out) this chapter. I see no reason why we shouldn't have seen Bogart kicking some pirate ass and taking names, unless there's some deeper reason why he hasn't appeared in Marineford so far......
Old 2009-11-21, 04:23   Link #108
Tenryuken
Pirate God

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
As SlayerX said, the clothes don't match, which only further strengthens my suspicions about Bogart. Why haven't we seen him at all throughout this war, which is a critical event that will determine the future of not only the government, but the very world itself? Surely, you'd expect to see any and all able marines fighting against Whitebeard's forces, am I right? I mean, we even saw one of the more obscure marines, John Giant, fighting (and ultimately getting taken out) this chapter. I see no reason why we shouldn't have seen Bogart kicking some pirate ass and taking names, unless there's some deeper reason why he hasn't appeared in Marineford so far......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
First, i don't think that's bogart... he may be sitting next to Garp and carrying a sword but he does not have Bogart's usual clothing... and we can't really get a good look at his face to help confirm
Clothes can be changed.
There is an VA(with a mustache and some people think his name is Lacroix). We saw 3 times and was always wearing different clothes. The 1st time when Luffy got his bounty, 2nd at the shishibukai meeting and 3rd when VA Lacroix(the Giant) got slayed by Oars.
BTW Garp isn't wearing his "hat" either so why should Bogart always be wearing it?

Quote:
Second of all, do NOT link to that website... the manga is lincense so it's against the rules to link to a site that provides scanlations. If you must post a page, copy the image url, and upload it to something like image shack and display it from there
Thx for the info.
Old 2009-11-21, 06:07   Link #109
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Clothes can be changed.
There is an VA(with a mustache and some people think his name is Lacroix). We saw 3 times and was always wearing different clothes. The 1st time when Luffy got his bounty, 2nd at the shishibukai meeting and 3rd when VA Lacroix(the Giant) got slayed by Oars.
BTW Garp isn't wearing his "hat" either so why should Bogart always be wearing it?

Thx for the info.
^Yeah its better to remove the link... coz it certainly still up there...
Old 2009-11-21, 07:18   Link #110
Tenryuken
Pirate God

It's gone now.
Old 2009-11-21, 12:46   Link #111
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

All the giants so far have been epic failures. I'd expect more from them...but it looks like their size isn't all that much of an advantage against really skilled fighters. I'm probably the only person that is actually a little upset at the fact the Moby Dick has taken serious damage from the attack.

Also, more from Marco & Joz is needed. I want some badass phoenix action.
Old 2009-11-21, 23:30   Link #112
zrexe
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorX View Post
this has my head spinnin lol this war makes WG and the marines look like bad guys since they are the ones pulling all the dirty tricks while the pirates seem to be fighting more fairly.

its messed up i tell ya.
Well, I don't know where you got the impression that the WG were the good guys.
Old 2009-11-22, 01:04   Link #113
Slayerx

Quote:
Clothes can be changed.
I'm not sure who you are referring too
Only confirmed VA during Luffy's bounty would be John Giant
Only confirmed VA during the shichibukai meeting (which i'm assuming you mean the one for replacing Croc), was Tsuru
First marine i do notice that looks like it might be the same guy with a mustache in IS wearing the same clothing (Marine jacket, stripped suit, black shirt, white tie)

And VA lacroix was one of the giants whom were not at either of those two previous meetings...

As for Garp, the main reason Oda even gave him a hat was to hide his face... without the hat, some might have noticed the similarity between him and Luffy's gandpa from romance of dawn, and thus it would have been spoiled

Now that the secret is out, there is no need to hide his face

Bogart however... well the hat and suit are what give him a unique enough look that he stands out in the presence of other marines... Until we get a damn good look at his face and are able to recognize him from a mile away based off of that alone, the suit is a crucial part of his character design. I mean, a marine with a sword just isn't enough, when you consider that a sword is one of the most common weapon amongst marine officers.... And if the wiki is right about him being a play off of Humphrey Bogart, then the suit has even more importance, as it's part of the reference
Old 2009-11-22, 04:57   Link #114
Tenryuken
Pirate God

Cool

Chap 555, P 6-7: The VA at the bottom right of the page with a mustache.

Chap 234, P 2: Being strangled.

Chap 96, P 5: 2nd from the right.

But yeah, he wears the same clothes.
I got fooled by the anime cuz he wears an all Blue suit in the anime at the Shishibukai meeting.
Old 2009-11-22, 09:17   Link #115
lilcrazy

do u know u his the real father of ace?
Old 2009-11-22, 10:19   Link #116
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcrazy View Post
do u know u his the real father of ace?
I take it you've not been reading the previous chapters then? Its Gol.D Roger. That is the major reason for this war in the 1st place. Read chapter 551 It was revealed there.
Old 2009-11-22, 12:21   Link #117
Slayerx

Quote:
Chap 555, P 6-7: The VA at the bottom right of the page with a mustache.

Chap 234, P 2: Being strangled.

Chap 96, P 5: 2nd from the right.
Actually you missed one... Apparently he was also in chapter 553 as part of the VA line up, which confirms his rank as a VA... so you were right about his rank

Though i don't think he was Lacroix, as i think the yelling was meant for one of the giants that just got sent flying by Oars jr... i suspect the one in the black suit wearing the cap, since that looks like the one who was sent flying
Old 2009-11-22, 13:45   Link #118
Tenryuken
Pirate God

yeah, I know he isn't Lacroix but he's nameless and some people thought that he was Lacroix when the chapter came out, that's why I mentioned it.
Old 2009-11-22, 16:23   Link #119
SMASHERJACKSON

just need something cleared up for me, the "we may be victorious yet" near the end of the ch wtih wb's behind it, was that aces, wb's or sengoku's thoughts/words?
Old 2009-11-22, 17:16   Link #120
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMASHERJACKSON View Post
just need something cleared up for me, the "we may be victorious yet" near the end of the ch wtih wb's behind it, was that aces, wb's or sengoku's thoughts/words?
Whitebeard was thinking that they could still be victorious.
Closed Thread