Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2011-11-08, 04:34   Link #1161
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix6000 View Post
Old question but speaking of the novel, is it possible to purchase vol.1 anywhere with the dust cover attached?
It depends on your location. Forbidden Planet (UK) still stocks volume 1 (often with the original dust jacket) in their stores but I'm not sure about elsewhere. When in doubt, turn to eBay or Amazon.

@Rethice; The Light Novel's finished in July (with volume 17, the epilogue). I won't spoil anything for you, but given the end of season 2 only covered volume 5 (I think) of the Light Novel, you'd have to admit that leaves plenty of material for many, many more Lawrence and Holo adventures to come. Indeed, this is why I would be totally dissatisfied with just a season 3, when there's potential for at least 2 more seasons if not 3.

Last edited by Darkbeat; 2011-11-08 at 07:14. Reason: clarification
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 05:56   Link #1162
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Well, I can tell you they re-released the first volume of the with the original art as the book cover and the Western art as the dust jacket... I know Rightstuf has it.

If you want the original release, I think scoping the auction sights is your best option but chances are very slim. However, I was able to get a copy of the original dust jacket for a friend directly from Hachett books when I just emailed their customer service through the Yen Press site.

When I got a copy for a friend, hers did not come with a cover as I had gotten it from a book store (unlike when I bought my first edition when Rightstuf was offering them with the special original art dust jacket).
Old 2011-11-15, 18:48   Link #1163
erflesmcbride

I just want to straighten things out with the two main art books that I have seen around ebay and other various places on the internet, here are the links

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPICE-AND-WO...item58904cc3f7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ju-Ayakura-I...item23153ce18a

Basically I want to know which one is official, or if they are both official. I always have a hard time determining this, so any leads would be awesome
erflesmcbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 19:18   Link #1164
Wolf and Spice

There both official I believe. I saw the 2nd one on the official website.

Good find. Are you planning on purchasing em?
Wolf and Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 19:20   Link #1165
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by erflesmcbride View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPICE-AND-WO...item58904cc3f7

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ju-Ayakura-I...item23153ce18a

Basically I want to know which one is official, or if they are both official. I always have a hard time determining this, so any leads would be awesome
They both appear to be official artbooks. First one and Second one. But as you can see both are in stock on Amazon JP, so even with the steep shipping for just two books (would probably end up being 3300 Yen just for shipping), I wonder if it'd still be cheaper to buy it that way (and at least that way you know for sure it's legit).
Old 2011-11-15, 20:00   Link #1166
erflesmcbride

Yes, I definitely do plan on purchasing at least one of them. I found one website that sells the books themselves for about 2000 yen each and then the shipping was about 2500 for one book.
Old 2011-11-15, 21:53   Link #1167
Rajura

They are both official. The first one has some manga and anime material as well as a lot of text and factual information and a short story!

The second one has seriously rare and iconic art as well as some of the epilogue material.

Both are great! I have both!
Old 2011-11-15, 23:33   Link #1168
erflesmcbride

The only thing that I cannot stand about ordering from outside the US is the price for shipping, especially from Japan. Is there a certain website that you got your's from or did you get them off of ebay?
Old 2011-11-15, 23:53   Link #1169
Rajura

I bought mine direct from over there (when I bought other stuff).

Yeah, shipping is a killer, especially with the weak dollar right now. But honestly, sellers on ebay will jack the price up severely at times.

Check Amiami, cdjapan, and some others... and check the shipping cost; if they still have them in stock, you just might come out ahead.
Old 2011-11-16, 00:01   Link #1170
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
Check Amiami, cdjapan, and some others... and check the shipping cost; if they still have them in stock, you just might come out ahead.
Looks like CD Japan does have them still (barely; one of the books has only one left in stock), so agreed -- they'll probably be the cheapest bet counting shipping using one of the slower shipping methods.
Old 2011-11-25, 07:29   Link #1171
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

aha i just picked up this series because i heard it was related to economics. didnt expect it to turn out like this. but nontheless this is an interesting anime :P
kingsky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 16:38   Link #1172
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

So the latest rumors flying around about S&W Season 3 originate from /a/ (4chan), alas. While this certainly pours cold water on the most recent round of internet/twitter buzz, there usually isn't any smoke without at least some fire.

People wouldn't pick S&W fans to troll if there weren't a considerable amount of them still interested in another anime series. Don't give up hope yet, fellow S&W fans.
Darkbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 18:54   Link #1173
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Oh I never entirely rule out a sequel series of anything.... though I can probably safely bet Mahoraba: Heartful Days is unlikely to get a finishing season at this point
Old 2012-01-19, 00:59   Link #1174
AP24

The only way to know for sure is if we hear anything from the production crew or the author
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-27, 03:39   Link #1175
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Yep, I just keep an eye out for tidbits now and then. Everything I've read suggests Spice and Wolf is successful at home, but obviously the economic climate makes things harder than ever for shows execs aren't 100% confident in.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-10, 14:31   Link #1176
Kaguya
an idler

Isuna Hasekura 's 2nd novel starts this summer.

A title is "Magdara de nemure (Sleep in Magdara)".
This is a fantasy in which the alchemist Qusra who does not sleep, and sister Fenesis aim at the world of Magdara.

Is it atmosphere like the volume 3 of Spice and Wolf?

Spoiler for Large size image:
Kaguya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 18:59   Link #1177
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
I was wondering since I want to start watching this, how faithful is the two seasons to the light novels?
Old 2012-05-09, 19:02   Link #1178
Rajura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
I was wondering since I want to start watching this, how faithful is the two seasons to the light novels?
I think this has been mentioned before, but it holds pretty close except Chloe is a original anime character and there are a few development details left out. Overall, it holds nicely in line with the novels. You'll see the differences if you read carefully, but I was satisfied with the animated rendition.
Old 2012-05-09, 19:07   Link #1179
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajura View Post
I think this has been mentioned before, but it holds pretty close except Chloe is a original anime character and there are a few development details left out. Overall, it holds nicely in line with the novels. You'll see the differences if you read carefully, but I was satisfied with the animated rendition.
I see, is Chloe annoying in any way or does she compliment the series even more? Mind you I haven't read the novels as well so I'm wondering if I should jump into the anime or the novels first. Though since the novels have been licensed I'm sure I wouldn't find them very easily so the anime seems like the best bet to go right now.
Old 2012-05-09, 20:48   Link #1180
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
I see, is Chloe annoying in any way or does she compliment the series even more? Mind you I haven't read the novels as well so I'm wondering if I should jump into the anime or the novels first. Though since the novels have been licensed I'm sure I wouldn't find them very easily so the anime seems like the best bet to go right now.
The anime, manga, and novels are all licensed, of course.

I don't think you would go wrong either way. As for Chloe, she replaces a character that had a more minor role in the novel, and I actually thought it added a bit of a personal angle to the anime that was nice. I didn't think it distracted, though by the same token I didn't find the novel particularly lacking. As for as changes go, I think it was a good one and was pretty smart.

No matter what, though, I think you will want to read the novels eventually, as they add a lot more detail and texture than what they could fit in the anime, not to mention the anime only covers four novels (v1, v2, v3, and v5) from a much longer series. Volume 4 was already released with a non-animated story, and volume 6 will be released in English next month.

Tags
adventure, drama, fantasy, furry, imagin, kemonomimi, romance, shounen