AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-05-31, 00:30   Link #3301
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

I think there's a consensus that they should've cut the school arc and the fardain arc in favor of the beef of the Asemu arc.

the anime could've been more interesting had they completely started with the endgame of Flit's arc.

But it's kinda ironic that AGE has been close to UC like X was, and both were poorly received.
Old 2012-05-31, 01:00   Link #3302
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
If you're talking about Flit, he's still the lead of the show, if not "also starring". By now, I think the generations concept increases the heroes count every generation, not replacing the previous one entirely.
After the first arc, Flit is more like Bruce in Batman Beyond. They're still important main characters of their respective show, but it's not wrong to consider them as sidekicks to Asem/Kio and Terry, respectively.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-02, 13:10   Link #3303
GrahamAker
狙撃する準備ができ

Send a message via Yahoo to GrahamAker
I am 1st time to excited for age ep thats ep 34.
Old 2012-06-07, 03:01   Link #3304
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
I think there's a consensus that they should've cut the school arc and the fardain arc in favor of the beef of the Asemu arc.

the anime could've been more interesting had they completely started with the endgame of Flit's arc.

But it's kinda ironic that AGE has been close to UC like X was, and both were poorly received.
I found X to be way better than Wing and G in my opinion, the only thing which I found it lacked was memorable mecha designs other than the leads
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 01:53   Link #3305
larethian

Drama CD: Wedding Eve

Don't know where to post this. It doesn't seem to fit into Spoilers & Speculations, which seemed to be future-centered.

Anyway, I've listened to the 52-minute Drama CD, and it's set in on the eve of Asem's wedding, which took place on his home colony, Tordia.

Spoiler for summary in brief, with many details omitted:
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 07:21   Link #3306
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Don't know where to post this. It doesn't seem to fit into Spoilers & Speculations, which seemed to be future-centered.

Anyway, I've listened to the 52-minute Drama CD, and it's set in on the eve of Asem's wedding, which took place on his home colony, Tordia.

Spoiler for summary in brief, with many details omitted:
Thanks for sharing, that's definitely some interesting stuff. So Flit was at the wedding, after all
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-21, 08:29   Link #3307
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

The father and son interaction should have been in the series, same goes to Flit and Emily interaction too
Old 2012-06-21, 15:27   Link #3308
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
We're back to doing the autopsy with 15 episodes to go I see.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-22, 13:47   Link #3309
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Spoiler:

I still wonder why they didn't bother putting Flit in that short wedding scene in the anime though. It shouldn't be too much trouble to put him there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
The father and son interaction should have been in the series, same goes to Flit and Emily interaction too
Frankly speaking, the whole Gen 2 epilogue episode should have been just about all this. Would have been miles better than what we actually got.
Old 2012-06-27, 07:06   Link #3310
bio9205
Reborn

AGE just announced to be airing on local television here in Singapore every Saturday morning. Given all the promotion the kits have been receiving thus far, hopefully it'll pick up with local kids. I'm really afraid they might dub it, though. Guess I'll know on Saturday.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 06:04   Link #3311
solidvanz
Special Operative

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
AGE just announced to be airing on local television here in Singapore every Saturday morning. Given all the promotion the kits have been receiving thus far, hopefully it'll pick up with local kids. I'm really afraid they might dub it, though. Guess I'll know on Saturday.
Well, they gonna dubbed with English. Anyway, Malaysia already aired AGE since the month of May (English Dubbed as well but the dub voices seems came straight from Animax Asia English Dub) but I only watched one episode which introduce Decil and his Gundamjacking antic.
Old 2012-06-28, 06:28   Link #3312
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
Well, they gonna dubbed with English. Anyway, Malaysia already aired AGE since the month of May (English Dubbed as well but the dub voices seems came straight from Animax Asia English Dub) but I only watched one episode which introduce Decil and his Gundamjacking antic.
Hmm, so they're using "official" English dubs? Didn't know Bandai did those.
Old 2012-07-01, 06:16   Link #3313
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidvanz View Post
Having just arrived home for summer break, I just learned about it from one of the model kit boxes surprisingly (yay advertising).

Still haven't bothered to watch it yet. And it's English? I'm a bit surprised since I estimated it was going to be a Malay dub since that's what they did with 00 some years back.

Quote:
Hmm, so they're using "official" English dubs? Didn't know Bandai did those.
Didn't 00 received an English Dub when it aired Singapore as well? I heard it was different from the ones used in the US.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2012-07-01 at 06:41.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 06:37   Link #3314
bio9205
Reborn

Watched a couple of minutes of the English dub yesterday. Thankfully it seems to be the official American dub, but it's still a dub nonetheless. Not too cringe-worthy, but I'd rather watch it in Japanese still.
Old 2012-07-01, 19:21   Link #3315
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Watched a couple of minutes of the English dub yesterday. Thankfully it seems to be the official American dub, but it's still a dub nonetheless. Not too cringe-worthy, but I'd rather watch it in Japanese still.
is it the same company that dubbed 00?
Old 2012-07-01, 20:26   Link #3316
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
is it the same company that dubbed 00?
To be honest, I can't remember how 00 sounded back when it aired in Singapore. Sorry! But AGE didn't sound like a local dub, so I assumed Bandai did it.
Old 2012-07-01, 20:51   Link #3317
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

If Bandai made an official American dub for Gundam AGE, with American voice actors, does that mean they aim to release it in the US later on?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-01, 21:56   Link #3318
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Uh... dub where? I don't recall hearing anything about one.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-02, 14:16   Link #3319
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
To be honest, I can't remember how 00 sounded back when it aired in Singapore. Sorry! But AGE didn't sound like a local dub, so I assumed Bandai did it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT1OiGdmnAQ

do these actors sound familiar to you?
iirc bandai pretty much uses the same va's for all Gundam english dubs in NA.
Old 2012-07-03, 20:53   Link #3320
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qT1OiGdmnAQ

do these actors sound familiar to you?
iirc bandai pretty much uses the same va's for all Gundam english dubs in NA.
I can't watch this vid at the moment because of region lock, which likely means he can't either I assume since we are of the same region.

Quote:
There's no such thing as an official AGE US Dub at the moment, especially after Bandai Entertainment died for the most part. But then again, a local English dub done around here would be quite noticable usually, it's hard to make a mistake when comparing them since they sound so different.

I think I really need to watch the one being aired over here in Malaysia, its supposed to be in English and I wont be surprised if the English dub version being aired here and Singapore are the same ones.