AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-11, 10:16   Link #2281
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
a. GUILD STARFISH! These aren't the dinky vanship hybrids that we've seen Ades fielding, which makes me REALLY wonder about where they've been all this time? Are they a new discovery by Alauda and co? Or is it that the Earth Guild is finally playing its hand?
I'm starting to wonder if there is an Earth Guild. Maybe there is only the Ades Federation "assassins" (they don't seems to have a name as an organization yet). The guy who showed up in Travelers of the Hourglass might be a member of those assassins, but act as if a member of the Earth Guild because that's what returnees Guild expect...

We also have hints that Anatoray had to deal with the Ades Federation early on:
- Dio and Alvis recognized the Ades Federation assassins.
- Dio knew about the Twin protecting a Maestro (late Augusta).
- The Silvius "destroyed" an Ades fleet 2 years ago, despite Anatoray reaching Earth only 2 years ago without any Silvius (going by the manga).
- Luscinia heard "rumors" that the Silvius captain was a woman (from whom? The Silvius avoided populated area and never docked anywhere, she's known as a ghost ship).
- The 1st fleet have been hunting the Silvius for a while and Sadri is the most trusted and experienced general of Luscinia. (This always raised suspicions to me and with Luscinia knowing about the captain being a woman, more so).

The Silvius never seek conflict and run away when spotted, but it is known to have destroyed an Ades fleet 2 years ago. For that to happen, the fleet needs to have been close to where Anatoray settled, beyond a region labeled as "none-residential area" on the Federation map and the rumor needs to have been started by the Ades Federation, because nobody else would have known about the encounter...
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 10:26   Link #2282
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
azarhal: The thing is Augusta Farahnaz herself actually mentioned being assigned Alauda and Luscinia by 'the country in the sky', which obviously points to SOME Guild involvement as far as ten years prior. This and their appearance in the Hourglass manga (two years prior) only serves to muddle things with regards to their current situation (and Ades itself seems to be hostile to the Guild, as Alauda did lead a raid on that one outpost). They've either been destroyed or dissolved in the two years since Anatoray returned to Earth, or are just biding their time until the conflict with Ades blows over.

On less serious matters.... Wow, some Pixiv people are shipping Al and Dio really really hard.
Old 2012-02-11, 10:33   Link #2283
Joachim1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
- The Silvius "destroyed" an Ades fleet 2 years ago, despite Anatoray reaching Earth only 2 years ago without any Silvius (going by the manga).
- Luscinia heard "rumors" that the Silvius captain was a woman (from whom? The Silvius avoided populated area and never docked anywhere, she's known as a ghost ship).
- The 1st fleet have been hunting the Silvius for a while and Sadri is the most trusted and experienced general of Luscinia. (This always raised suspicions to me and with Luscinia knowing about the captain being a woman, more so).

The Silvius never seek conflict and run away when spotted, but it is known to have destroyed an Ades fleet 2 years ago.
I though Tatiana told Millia that the "Silvius destroying a whole fleet" was just a false rumor. I don't think Luscinia knew that the captain of the Silvius was a woman because 1) he asked Vincent if he was the captain and when he glanced over to Tatiana, 2) Luscinia seemed genuinely surprised.
Joachim1167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 10:48   Link #2284
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim1167 View Post
I though Tatiana told Millia that the "Silvius destroying a whole fleet" was just a false rumor. I don't think Luscinia knew that the captain of the Silvius was a woman because 1) he asked Vincent if he was the captain and when he glanced over to Tatiana, 2) Luscinia seemed genuinely surprised.
No Luscinia asked Vincent if he was the "ruler" of Anatoray and he said he was the commander of the Vanguards. Then he looked at Tatiana and said he heard rumors about the Silvius captain being a woman and commanded her on her success (he also offered her to join the Ades Federation too ).

At least, that how the sub I watched read.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 10:49   Link #2285
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
On less serious matters.... Wow, some Pixiv people are shipping Al and Dio really really hard.
... Ok now that's just creepy.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 11:14   Link #2286
Dernhelm
High on Jin

poor Claus, they crippled you for Fam's sake....

"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shunsuke Nakamura makes goalkeepers FLY and land HARD.
Dernhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 11:15   Link #2287
Joachim1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
No Luscinia asked Vincent if he was the "ruler" of Anatoray and he said he was the commander of the Vanguards. Then he looked at Tatiana and said he heard rumors about the Silvius captain being a woman and commanded her on her success (he also offered her to join the Ades Federation too ).

At least, that how the sub I watched read.
I think you're right. I watched it on Hulu (which is a lot clearer and more fluid on my PC than the subber sites and there are some subtle differences in translation). Ya have to listen carefully, but there is a shift in who Luscinia was talking to. The only visual clue is Tatiana's reaction.
Old 2012-02-11, 11:28   Link #2288
Jokun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
Anatoray has the best territory in the world since it's lush and green, not all cheap ass like the Ades territory that is a barren wasteland.
I'm surprised Ades didn't discover those lands early on before Anatoray-Disith arrived back via Exile, it would have greatly improved their food security.

I for one wish the Fam series go GSD, episode length wise, as 6 to 7 episodes left wouldn't do justice to the entire story. Plus the Fam episodes have a habit of skipping many scenes just to speed up the pacing.

Can anyone confirm if Mullen survived in season one. The funeral scene at the end of "Second Adjournment" seems give me the impression he did not.
Jokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 11:32   Link #2289
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

^ Mullin survived. We saw him in the epilogue at the end.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 11:34   Link #2290
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Mullen is alive since they show him at the end on a farm with that Disith rifle chick. Also...

Spoiler for Manga spoilers:

Edit - Ninja'd by Haak AGAIN!.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 11:51   Link #2291
Joachim1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokun View Post
I'm surprised Ades didn't discover those lands early on before Anatoray-Disith arrived back via Exile, it would have greatly improved their food security.
Well, if they would have spent the time exploring instead of conquering...

Quote:
I for one wish the Fam series go GSD, episode length wise, as 6 to 7 episodes left wouldn't do justice to the entire story. Plus the Fam episodes have a habit of skipping many scenes just to speed up the pacing.
That has been one of the few problems I've had with this series. Either because of budget constraints and/or writing, Gonzo seems to be trying to shove 30+ episodes worth of story into 26. It does, at times, feel like they're rushing it. To some extent, I had the same problem with S1, especially towards the end. Overall though, to me it's still small potatoes. I'm still really enjoying this series.
Old 2012-02-11, 12:27   Link #2292
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Triangulation

I know I'm about two episodes behind from everybody else, so my thoughts are strictly confined up to the fifteenth episode.

To start, I think it's a little late that the writers finally assembled the story sub-plot threads into one consistent flow, because this sequel until now hasn't made much of an impact like the original did. It's not until episode 15, that I can finally see the direction Ginyouku no Fam is heading forward.

Arrangements before the all-out war were pretty much discussed in this episode, and I feel sorry for Fam at not being able to change everyones' minds not to look forward to retribution in blood and souls at the expense of peace. However, had she succeeded to move anyone else out of Sara Augusta and her friends, then pretty much it would have been cheap; this is not a shounen or shoujo were long-standing hatred can be healed with just words or actions in one instant.

What I liked the most for this episode is that Sara Augusta is not fond of to witness Vasant and Lusicinia going war against each other, because the two of them played important roles while raising her in her early childhood.
I do acknowledge Luscinia is a tyrant, and his violent ways come to be for the sake of unifying all the countries into a single Earth Federation which would bring forth peace, according to his ideals. Nevertheless, his methods and vision he employs to carry out the war are leaving catastrophic results not only to the conquered nations but to his own troops as well.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 13:15   Link #2293
DangerMouse

Hopefully he's just recovering from the latest attempt to capture Al.

Edit: As MeoTwister5 mentioned after my post, I also think that him sleeping in their vanship is a promising sign he is still able to go back into the skies.

Edit: Mullen question already answered

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I don't have my vids of the original on hand to compare, but if memory serves me right this episode uses footage of the original for the recaps. In any case, watching the original OP reminds me how bloody great the original looked for its time, and even now it still looks great.

Spoiler for Spoilers:

Listening to the soundtrack and rewatching the core events brought back a lot of fond memories, and maybe a few tears to me eyes. It's probably a bit too compacted and chopped up to be a good primer for new viewers, but for the rest of us who watched it before, it's pure fanservice down memory lane. Lucciola's final scenes were still painful after all these years to watch. Seeing Claus and Lavie finally achieving what their parents had in their childhood was still a thrill to watch, as was Alex's final moments. The final episodes of the original were probably some of the most emotionally intense finales I've ever seen.

This is one of the very few times where I loved every minute of a recap episode. The only downside of the episode is that... well... another reminder that this season has a very high pedigree to live up to.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim1167 View Post
Well, it won't be for me.
Agreed, I've liked both casts and the story.

Spoiler for space:

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-02-11 at 14:59.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 13:41   Link #2294
Dernhelm
High on Jin

btw has anyone found out yet if they used the same seiyuu for Lavie? if they do decide to get Claus to talk, i hope it's still Mayumi Asano!! but then the logical thing should be to age his voice so we might get a seiyuu change here *bummer lol*

Old 2012-02-11, 14:06   Link #2295
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Hopefully he's just recovering from the latest attempt to capture Al.

Edit: Mullen question already answered
We...must...hope.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 14:14   Link #2296
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dernhelm View Post
btw has anyone found out yet if they used the same seiyuu for Lavie? if they do decide to get Claus to talk, i hope it's still Mayumi Asano!! but then the logical thing should be to age his voice so we might get a seiyuu change here *bummer lol*
I'll check the credits but it sounded like her and Chiwa Saito is already working in the cast as Teddy so I'd be surprised if it's not her.

Also, it's only been two years and he was already older so I don't think they'd need to age Claus' voice so I think there's a good chance he's still going to voice him. [Edit: a good chance she's still going to voice him ]

Edit: Yup good news, during the shot where they show the Exile leaving Prester they put up the Last Exile Fam credits before the original LE credits which lists Dio (Junko Noda), Alvis (her new VA Kana Hanazawa), Lavie (Chiwa Saito) and subtitle narration by Yukana, the three that speak in new Fam footage, and like everyone but Al so far, Lavie's VA is indeed still Chiwa Saito.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-02-11 at 14:43.
Old 2012-02-11, 14:17   Link #2297
Dernhelm
High on Jin

she, you mean.

Old 2012-02-11, 14:38   Link #2298
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dernhelm View Post
she, you mean.
Yeah woops lol.
Old 2012-02-11, 14:59   Link #2299
Vena
Carpe Diem

So we've a crippled Claus.

Really brings sadness to your gut when you think about how much flying meant to his life, identity, and past.

... But, we can't have him upstaging our new main character so its all good.
Old 2012-02-11, 15:30   Link #2300
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Does anyone know what the song in episode 15, during Fam's and Fritz's race is called? And by whom?
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, science fiction