AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-03-06, 07:46   Link #1
GreenLama
Banned

Anyone here a fan of Cartoon Network?

Just seeing if anyone here is a fan of Cartoon Network? I myself am, I am digging the bumps they have been featuring since last year with the little paint characters ( I hear they are called "Nood's") and I am loving the Friday night "You are Here" line up as well as the Saturday morning lineups and Adult Swim at nights. So what shows do you enjoy?
GreenLama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 08:13   Link #2
Nosauz

I am, where else can you get reruns of sealab 2021, and venture brothers? Exactly plus I think the gar est animated character ever is Brock Sampson. Though after they lost futurama, the urge to watch cn has dramatically dipped, since I can basically catch up onn daily show eps on comedy central.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 08:16   Link #3
Kagome25

I love Cartoon Network! I Watch it all the time at night I enjoy Family Guy and King of the Hill and Robot Chicken and its Sat night Anime line up
Kagome25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 08:20   Link #4
Snider
Banned

What a heck is Cartoon Network? Is it food?
Snider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 09:31   Link #5
GreenLama
Banned

Anyone watch any of the action lineup on Friday nights? The Secret Saturdays, Batman, Ben 10 and Star Wars? Good stuff!
GreenLama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 11:11   Link #6
endless2010

I don't but to me Cartoon Network is not what it use to be. Toonami died a horrible death. The Friday lineup doesn't compare to the heyday of Dexter's lab, The Powerpuff Girls, Johny Bravo, Samurai Jack, and Ed Edd and Eddy. Even Adult Swim has taken a big drop in quality. They are actually giving the PJ's for goodness sake!

Bad times for Cartoon Network.
endless2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 11:38   Link #7
Kagome25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snider View Post
What a heck is Cartoon Network? Is it food?
Cartoon Network is a Channel that show only Cartoons 24/7

I loved when they had Hi Hi Puffy AMI Yumi too bad they do not show them anymore.

@ endless2010 I agree with you. The new shows are only 15 min long and they are on the weird side now too!
Kagome25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 11:42   Link #8
wmmarioblogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagome25 View Post
Cartoon Network is a Channel that show only Cartoons 24/7

I loved when they had Hi Hi Puffy AMI Yumi too bad they do not show them anymore.

@ endless2010 I agree with you. The new shows are only 15 min long and they are on the weird side now too!
I agree with you

Last edited by NightWish; 2009-03-06 at 12:12. Reason: You could try harder.
wmmarioblogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 13:44   Link #9
klowny
OH NO

I use to watch cartoon network all the time but right now it's just not the same. Except maybe for chowder, the marvelous misadventures of flap jack and adult swim. everything else i watch on Boomerang
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 13:56   Link #10
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The network spends more time in commercial mode and telling you what is "coming up next" than actually SHOWING any cartoons. Couple that with a serious lack of innovation and demise of some very good cartoons and I stopped even looking for it a few years ago.
Old 2009-03-06, 13:59   Link #11
Sinfully Naomi
Teddytears
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Sinfully Naomi
Most cartoon on CN suck now. Ben 10 lost it's touch, I can't even get into that secret saturday crap. >.<

I only really like Flapjack now... I wish Ed Edd 'n Eddy didn't end.
Old 2009-03-06, 15:02   Link #12
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I used to watch Cartoon Network, but not anymore because it's just not that great anymore... since none of the shows really interests me or even that great anymore.
Old 2009-03-06, 17:00   Link #13
james0246

I never really watched Cartoon Network, or at least, I never really watched the majority of their content. I used to watch some of Toonami (Dexter and Samurai Jack predominately (then some of the Teen Titans and JLA)), but my primary viewing was always Adult Swim. I remember Space Ghost from back in the day (before Moltar quit his day job at Toonami) and loved the initial seasons of all their midnight+ shows (Aqua Teen, Sealab, Harvey, Brak, etc), and when they attained Futurama and Family Guy, I became a constant viewer. Now adays, I am more interested again because of King of the Hill (a significantly underappreciated cartoon), and a few of their other shows (I do love Tom Goes to the Mayor, and some of the skits on Tim and Eric harkens back to the good ole days of SCTV (I wish they would keep the SCTV angle, and drop some of the extraneous ideas that pop up), and Venture Bros and Friskey Dingo). And, of course, Moral Orel, not only the best original programming on the network, but probably, during its run, one of the bests shows on American television.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 17:27   Link #14
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I used to watch CN all the time, but now only watch it for Adult Swim. Flapjack is the only show that even draws me in at all and they do occasionally show Courage the Cowardly dog and Ed Edd n Eddy. I started becoming pissed at CN after they cancelled Samurai Jack. Thats when things started going down hill and shows were falling like clockwork. They started pulling out shows that wouldn't even last 3 months before they were canned. And as one person above said "Toonami died a horrible death". Toonami did start showing Samurai Jack towards the end of its life, but I already owned the boxsets so it garnered little interest from me.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 17:30   Link #15
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The network spends more time in commercial mode and telling you what is "coming up next" than actually SHOWING any cartoons. Couple that with a serious lack of innovation and demise of some very good cartoons and I stopped even looking for it a few years ago.
Amen to that. I used to be a fan back when it first came on since Toonami showed Sailor Moon S and SS way back in the day. I loved Dexter's Lab, still one of my fave cartoons ever. I used to watch Adult Swim alot but since they got rid of Futurama I havent been unless Venture Bros is on but they change the line up too much :/ Plus the newer stuff on AS doesnt compare to the older stuff.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 17:37   Link #16
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Plus the newer stuff on AS doesnt compare to the older stuff.
I was in that mindset for about a year or two after they completely stopped showing shows like Sealab. Recently I started really getting into some of their new shows. I don't think they have as many good quality shows as they did back in the day, but some of my favorite adult swim original programs are actually their newer stuff like Superjail, Xavier, Metalocalypse.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 17:49   Link #17
EmP|ty
Yea!

Send a message via MSN to EmP|ty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfully Naomi View Post
Most cartoon on CN suck now. Ben 10 lost it's touch, I can't even get into that secret saturday crap. >.<

I only really like Flapjack now... I wish Ed Edd 'n Eddy didn't end.

Ed Edd 'n Eddy ended? sad times

i used to watch Cartoon Network all the time a few years back, Toonami was my favourite, In fact Cartoon Network got me into Anime...aaah good times....

Then we moved house and didn't have Cable to watch Cartoon Network on anymore, that sucked.

I hear CN is terribad now....oh well at least i left it when it was still good, i would rather not see something i love slowly degrade into generic crap.
EmP|ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 17:52   Link #18
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

You always have to be careful with "old stuff better than new stuff" assessments. It takes a little extra work to see but sometimes "new stuff" is better. However, the Cartoon Network has slid down the same hill most of the other special interest networks slid down. Like the Discovery Channel used to be about *science* rather than pulling in the "omfgbbqamazing" psuedo-science crap of the week, or how MTV used to actually play music videos and the ones they played were actually goofy fun exploring the visual medium instead of posing baloney... and well, most of the channels have pretty much gone to shit in terms of content and commercial time ratios.
Old 2009-03-06, 18:02   Link #19
Nosauz

my favorite speciality channel has got to be the travel channel, wpt paired up with Anthony Bourdain in no reservations is just complete awesome. When I think about old school Toonami I always think about reboot, animaniacs, pinky and the brain, though those shows never really where on cn, cn seemed to have strong ties to them. A lot of their new programming is dark satirical stuff that I find very ineteresting. Venture brothers, Metalocalypse to name a few. I really do surmise that content is not king, yet thats the pitch hollywood seems to throw around when talking about the silverscreen.

@ WHite Majin Buu
The problem with venture brothers was they split the season in two, and had the first half premiere in the fall like most full season shows, then around christmas, they stopped, and their about to release the second half of season 3 in the spring/summer. Overall that just killed my enthusiam for the show, even though the writing has gotten better as we have gone, which is pretty rare.

For channels, disney is actually pretty good, their jetix line up consists of the amazing spiderman, xmen, the incredible hulk, and iron man, bascially all the classics that I grew up with, and boy does that nostalgia just tickle me in all the right places.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 20:47   Link #20
EmP|ty
Yea!

Send a message via MSN to EmP|ty
oh gawd...what was that show that used to be on cartoon network toonami..with the giant robot and the fat dude and skinny guy....the robot used to be that chicks but the guy found it and reconfigured all the controls to joysticks and shit..

I used to watch that thing religiously when i was a kid...Cartoon Network was...ahhhh nostalgia...
EmP|ty is offline   Reply With Quote