AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2011-05-28, 13:17   Link #15861
Tensei
Epitome of Divinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
This is the image used for the A3 poster Gamers gave away with the LE set of Surprise. It's an older image, but look how Itou's art has changed since 2007.
BANZAI! She can draw Asahina's breasts right again! And that said, Haruhi doesn't seem to be wearing errr panties.

Yeah im a perv, sue me
Tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 14:36   Link #15862
Coreyrn

Coreyrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-28, 19:24   Link #15863
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensei View Post
BANZAI! She can draw Asahina's breasts right again! And that said, Haruhi doesn't seem to be wearing errr panties.

Yeah im a perv, sue me
Nah, you're just observant (at least about the second part). But I'm curious about what you meant with Mikuru. What do you see right about this picture (where papers are covering pretty much all of her chest) that was done wrong in other pictures?
Old 2011-05-28, 19:42   Link #15864
Tensei
Epitome of Divinity

You see, in the novels Mikuru is described as having large breasts. In the cover for volume two, you can see it perfectly. However, when you look at the later illustrations as Itou's art style evolves, you start to notice a change in the whole art. In one of the illustrations, the breasts are kind of sagging to the sides and significantly smaller.

Really, the only reason is probably because of the change in art style, or should i say evolution of Itou's art style. However, I am a very picky person when it comes to details, and this change just didn't sit well with me. When I compare the image version from volume 9 to this new one, even though her breasts are covered, I can kind of get an idea of what it looks like without the papers in front of her.

I know I said I'm just a pervert, but really it was just that I am a person who likes it when anatomy stays consistent in illustrations, unless the art was horrible. Which wasn't a all btw, I am just picky

And no I didn't dislike ti because I prefer large breasts, those aren't my preference anyways
Tensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 06:53   Link #15865
Ypocaramel

Well Mikuru's large breasts are very much part of her otaku dream girl come alive (and exaggerated) persona, so some analysis is understandable and nessasary.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 10:15   Link #15866
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensei View Post
Really, the only reason is probably because of the change in art style, or should i say evolution of Itou's art style. However, I am a very picky person when it comes to details, and this change just didn't sit well with me. When I compare the image version from volume 9 to this new one, even though her breasts are covered, I can kind of get an idea of what it looks like without the papers in front of her.
Well, unfortunately it's not a new image it was a color illustration from volume 9 released back in 2007. I'm not sure any of the illustrations in these new volumes play up Mikuru Oppai.

Spoiler for From last year:

Definitely not as much as Haruhi made it up to be...but honestly? She's still cute as a button, and I consider this one of the best depictions Noizi has done of Mikuru. But on the times where Itou has given Mikuru a bit more...ooomph? I'm not sure I liked it 100%.

Spoiler for Noizi Mikuru oppai:

It just feels there's a LITTLE bit to much considering how big Mikuru's body is here...Big is nice, but at a certain point it starts to get unmanageable. Perhaps she could transfer a bit back to Tsuruya (though strangely, I'm finding myself being influenced by not requiring massive oppai to find Tsuruya AMAZINGLY attractive here! Though it might be just because she's in a bikini. God, why doesn't Tsuruya get more fanservicey illustrations?)

As far as Mikuru being well endowed is concerned, I generally have liked the anime illustrations better at this portrayal.

Spoiler for Mikuru CD cover:

Yes. Mikuru here is VERY nice.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-29, 11:32   Link #15867
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Why is Mikuru ALWAYS in threat of being raped....(-_-)
Old 2011-05-29, 15:31   Link #15868
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

I admit I prefer depictions where Mikuru isn't "fall on your face from the top-heaviness" massive:

Spoiler for images:

But that wouldn't be CANON, would it now? =P

If I had to choose from the "accurate" depictions, I'd go with Mikuru in the waitress outfit (anime style, not novel style). The forced contrast from her corset thingy just makes it work.

Spoiler for images:
Old 2011-05-30, 02:31   Link #15869
ijuinkun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
I admit I prefer depictions where Mikuru isn't "fall on your face from the top-heaviness" massive:
I agree. Mikuru should be "enough bigger than Haruhi to be noticeable" but not "OMG huge".
ijuinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 14:22   Link #15870
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It would be weird if in Mikuru's time the majority of desirable women were flat chested, and thus Mikuru(BIG) is considered unattractive due to her large breasts. Especially weird if Haruhi is responcible for style and tastes in the future (unless the tastes of the future are in place to counter the fetishes of the god empress Haruhi.)
Old 2011-05-30, 17:38   Link #15871
mielipuoli

"A time known as the inflationary epoch" and Yuki "manipulating data" runs through my head...
mielipuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 10:10   Link #15872
james0246

This is not a discussion thread, please limit such exchanges.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 15:48   Link #15873
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post

Spoiler for images:

But that wouldn't be CANON, would it now? =P

If I had to choose from the "accurate" depictions, I'd go with Mikuru in the waitress outfit (anime style, not novel style). The forced contrast from her corset thingy just makes it work.

Spoiler for images:
I'll admit. I HAVE become fond of the anime depiction of Mikuru in the waitress corset. Though as you said. Some of her less...top heavy portrayals do have merit.

Spoiler for mikuru:
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 16:06   Link #15874
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Spoiler for Yasumi Watahashi:

And some Haruhi.
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-31, 16:44   Link #15875
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I was ready for the Mikuru. I was not ready for a glasses wearing, smiling Yuki.
Old 2011-05-31, 18:46   Link #15876
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I was ready for the Mikuru. I was not ready for a glasses wearing, smiling Yuki.
Yeah I think that its fanart from the Dissapearance.
Old 2011-05-31, 19:45   Link #15877
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Fanart? That's by Noizi Itou.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 00:19   Link #15878
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Spoiler for images:

Wow, Itsuki's smile looks as fake as a six-pound note here. It's kind of chilling, really.
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-02, 15:54   Link #15879
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
The shadows over his eyes kind of add to it.
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-03, 02:44   Link #15880
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I always had that disturbed feeling with Itsuki's constant smiling. But adding that shadow over his eyes just makes the sinister feeling even more chilling... He would make a perfect candidate for an antagonist with just that face expression alone.

Tags
images