AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2006-12-06, 19:13   Link #21
Shuin4
You faked all of it.

Yeah, it would be amazing if Kyo Ani did it, but that's extremely doubtful. I wouldn't even mind if J.C. Staff did it, but it's most likely going to be Studio DEEN, though it is possible a lot of fans told them they suck ass so they gave the rights to another studio. Even if it is DEEN, someone please give them some kind of budget, or hire better animators. That's really the only thing in Higurashi that needed to be greatly improved.
Shuin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 19:28   Link #22
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

OMG this is absolutely great! I doubt this will be a complete remake, i think they might animate Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen (tho i wouldn't mind if it were a complete remake- as long as they finish the story). Yea, it would be a wet dream if KyoAni would be doing this, but somehow i doubt this dream will come true . At any rate - these news are fantastic.
Old 2006-12-06, 19:48   Link #23
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

This is easily the best news I've heard all week. And I even got a Wii today
Here's to hoping for Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi. And much Hanyuu love
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 20:32   Link #24
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Seriously

If this news is true it will be the same as saying:

"DEEN, scr** you. Are you amateurs or what? Let me show you how to do the things"

It's too soon, IMHO

If I were to choose I'd pick:

More 26 eps, covering Matsuribayashi, Minagoroshi, manga side stories (2 short) and game original scenarios (two of them, the third I heard is like a ending scenario replacing Matsuribayshi)

Since I don't have the slightest idea of the PS2 scenarios, I'd suppose they are not something sooooo big

But 14 for Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi would be fine too

blee
Old 2006-12-06, 20:47   Link #25
-EV-
NSX Commander

Send a message via MSN to -EV-
wohooooooooooo
-EV- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 21:32   Link #26
MrZombie

This is great news! Hopefully we finally get Hanyuu, but since so little info has been released, we have no way of knowing what chapters it'll cover.

But really, what's up with the complaints about the voice actors? I thought the fit fine. Yeah, the animation wasn't that great, but I can live with that.

Hopefully major parts of the story won't be left out this time.
MrZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 22:09   Link #27
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
I personally thought Keiichi's seyuu was pretty decent and fitting. But Rena's and Shmion's were spetacular.

Back to point, heck yes!
This increadible piece of information is only comparable to Nanoha StrikerS, if not better. I hope it's a remake, since I've already spoilt myself with Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen. But either are fine, as long as we get a good animation budget.
Akuryou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 22:35   Link #28
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Whatever this plans to be, if its done by Kyoani - we know that they'll stick to the games original soundtracks. Yay for Dai lovelovelove~
Old 2006-12-06, 23:27   Link #29
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuryou View Post
I personally thought Keiichi's seyuu was pretty decent and fitting. But Rena's and Shmion's were spetacular.
Amen on all counts. And, I might be the only one, but I personally liked the anime's music. That might have to do with the fact I've never heard any of the game music, but ah well.

Any continuation in ANY FORM will make me a very happy man as long as it's not really bad.
Keiichi no Hibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 23:40   Link #30
chrno_the_sinner

Well, I'm hoping that Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen will be animated at least (26 episodes perhaps?). Thankfully, Minagoroshi comes with its own recap of the series thus far, so the first episode will likely deal with that. Of course, I hope the soon to be released epilouge will be animated as well, and maybe even the PS2 arcs.
chrno_the_sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-06, 23:49   Link #31
Keiichi no Hibi
THIS. IS WHO I AM.

Send a message via AIM to Keiichi no Hibi
Well if we disclude the manga chapters and stick to the game ones (which I have yet to learn the names of e.e) there are the two fom the original eight that didn't get animated in the first run, and the three new ones in the PS2 release. SO, that's five chapters for this run as opposed to the first run's six, IF it goes for 26 episodes like the first one did, IF it happens at all.

Though I'd prefer 14 episodes or how many ever for the two originals that were left out, this seems a little possible too, I think. Or heck, 26 for the three PS2 ones and maybe onemanga one as a side story or something. With what information we have about it now and the remaining chapters, I guess the combinations are kinda endless, huh?
Keiichi no Hibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 01:33   Link #32
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuryou View Post
You know, looking back, that's probably why a lot of people (myself included) are critical of K1 and Satoko's seiyuu: they weren't bad, they were just outshone. I mean, it's hard to hold your own when you're surrounded by Nakahara Mai, Tamura Yukari and Yukino Satsuki giving (what I thought was) one of her best performances, if not her best, of her fairly distinguished career.

If there's any flaws in the seiyuu cast, it's minor, and certainly not in need of any overhaul. If it comes down a choice between tweaking the seiyuu cast or making more important changes, such as music or even animation, I'd hope they'd go with the latter before even considering the former.

Edit: March 2007 is apparently the date. That's good timing, IMO. While it's still fresh in people's minds.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 01:41   Link #33
lana3007
stuck-up feminist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
You know, looking back, that's probably why a lot of people (myself included) are critical of K1 and Satoko's seiyuu: they weren't bad, they were just outshone. I mean, it's hard to hold your own when you're surrounded by Nakahara Mai, Tamura Yukari and Yukino Satsuki giving (what I thought was) one of her best performances, if not her best, of her fairly distinguished career.
Yeah, that's very true. Shion/Mion and Rena really took the gold as far as voice acting goes in Higurashi. Keiichi's voice isn't bad at all, it's just that whenever he screams or cries it's like his voice hits a certain decible that just makes me ears hurt.
lana3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 02:16   Link #34
Archer

The site has been updated:

http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 02:45   Link #35
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
The site has been updated:

http://www.oyashirosama.com/web/
Now it's a second season...

The fact that it's announced at the official site as a second season means it will most likely be handled by the same team, it also means that this will almost definitely be an adaptation of Minagoroshi and Matsuribayashi-hen.

...At least we already have all the TIPs and pieces done.
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 02:51   Link #36
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Meh, KyoAni had its hands pretty full for the next year, right?

I wouldn't mind Mad House, IG Productions or Bones or even JC Staff doing it. As long as it is not Gainax (HAY LETZ TURN IT INTO SOMETHING OBSCURE WITH OBSCURE REFERENCES!) or Gonzo (HI BUDGET DROP AFTER THE THIRD EPISODE!).
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 03:17   Link #37
chrno_the_sinner

Having DEEN animate more isn't exactly a bad thing. I'm sure they've learned their lesson through all the backlash they received about the "emo facials" and the cuts to the plot. Hopefully they'll get their act together. The fact that a second season was announced means that the first had to do relatively well right?

I just really hope this doesn't hinder the game translation project, because I've already bought the game and I'm probably two years away from being able to play it sans patch.
chrno_the_sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 04:06   Link #38
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I'm fine with it as long as it is not CLAMP Oh, and the Rena pic on the site main page in waitress outfit = uuber kawaii
Old 2006-12-07, 04:45   Link #39
eggplant
Eggplant

According to what's written on the Animate website:

Quote:
『ひぐらしのなく頃に』アニメ第2期が制作決定
2006年夏、アニメファンの話題をさらったTVアニメーション『ひぐらしのなく頃に』のセカンドシーズン が始動することが明らかになった。
セカンドシーズンは、TVアニメ版『ひぐらし』なりの「解答編」的な内容になるとの事で、原作版とはまた違 った展開が用意されている可能性がある。なお、メディアは未定。
The production for a second series of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni has been decided.

The second season for the TV animation Higurashi no Naku Koro ni has been announced.
The second season will most likely be an "answer chapter" to the Higurashi TV anime series, in which a plot development different from the original story is possible.
The media format (TV anime, OVA, etc) is unknown at this time.

Since Animate's subisidiary company, Frontier Works, was involved in the production of the first series, announcing the second series (season) on their website at this stage signifies the production staff is the same.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-07, 05:17   Link #40
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
The second season will most likely be an "answer chapter" to the Higurashi TV anime series, in which a plot development different from the original story is possible.
Please, guys, keep Hanyuu ;(
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote