AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-10-18, 23:52   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 843 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Mm-mmm! Nothing like spoilers fresh from a break! Credit goes to AP's Sandman for the info:

-Chapter title is "Vinsmoke Sanji". No splash info yet.

-Luffy's finisher blasts Cracker all the way towards Whole Cake Castle. Shortly afterwards, an alert is issued (apparently to the Homies) to return to their base immediately! Pound explains that this is a big deal, as something like this happened when the previous Sweet Commander was defeated. The result of that time was that Cracker was summoned, and he brought so many forces with him that the sea turned black! Pound also explains that an enraged Linlin called forth a storm and instantly sank the ships of her enemies. For you see.... Linlin is a person who can control the weather. With her left hand, she controls the "thunder", Zeus! With her right, the "sun", Prometheus! Nothing is able to stop Big Mom once she has been scorned...!!!

-Luffy's group are being transported by King Baum. During this time, our rubber hero gets some time to rest from his recent battle. However, some new company arrives during his recovery period: A Vinsmoke car (apparently cat-shaped)! And stepping out from the vehicle is none other than.... Sanji! Naturally, Luffy is overjoyed to see his companion again, and is ready for a happy reunion....

-...Or so he thought, as Sanji kicks down Luffy!!! Even worse, he tells Luffy the very same words Cracker taunted him with a few chapters back: "Go home, you filthy low-class pirates!" The cook announces his allegiance to Germa as its prince, and says he has no intention of returning to the Straw-Hats. Naturally, Luffy is confused by the situation. Yonji appears and intends to get rid of the rubber man, but Sanji stops him, saying he'll get rid of his old comrades himself....!!!!!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 04:39   Link #2
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Pound also explains that an enraged Linlin called forth a storm and instantly sank the ships of her enemies. For you see.... Linlin is a person who can control the weather. With her left hand, she controls the "thunder", Zeus! With her right, the "sun", Prometheus! Nothing is able to stop Big Mom once she has been scorned...!!!
Haven't we been told, that Big Mom has the soul power? How comes she now controls weather?
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 04:59   Link #3
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Haven't we been told, that Big Mom has the soul power? How comes she now controls weather?
Possibly she acquire it from someone that can controls weather

Looking about Sanji's response to Luffy, my guess is he was a male version of Nico Robin which he didn't want to cause trouble to Straw Hats however then again this deja vu happens once more.

Anyone got a feeling about Deja Vu for Eines Lobby about this where one of nakama want the entire crew to stay out from this?

Last edited by Ramero; 2016-10-19 at 07:03.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 07:14   Link #4
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Looking about Sanji's response to Luffy, my guess is he was a male version of Nico Robin which he didn't want to cause trouble to Straw Hats however then again this deja vu happens once more.

Anyone got a feeling about Deja Vu for Eines Lobby about this where one of nakama want the entire crew to stay out from this?
My thoughts exactly. Enies Lobby 2.0 over here.

-----

Looks like Big Mom just got even more hax. Weather manipulation is no joke.
Old 2016-10-19, 09:11   Link #5
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
My thoughts exactly. Enies Lobby 2.0 over here.

-----

Looks like Big Mom just got even more hax. Weather manipulation is no joke.
soon she will be like aizen... "everything is going according to plan"
Old 2016-10-19, 10:34   Link #6
imza

I really hope it’s not Enies Lobby 2.0. Robin was new and had a big secret that she wanted to hide. Sang also had a secret but I would hope he also grew from the experience of Enies Lobby and learning that the crew doesn’t abandon one of it’s own. If Sanji doesn’t know that by now, I’ll be highly disappointed. Hopefully he will covertly transfer something to them in this interaction.
imza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 10:43   Link #7
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post
I really hope it’s not Enies Lobby 2.0. Robin was new and had a big secret that she wanted to hide. Sang also had a secret but I would hope he also grew from the experience of Enies Lobby and learning that the crew doesn’t abandon one of it’s own. If Sanji doesn’t know that by now, I’ll be highly disappointed. Hopefully he will covertly transfer something to them in this interaction.
In Robin case, she was dealing against government while for Sanji case he was dealing with his family at this point so it can be another version of Eines Lobby but with family errands style.
Old 2016-10-19, 15:42   Link #8
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post

Until the pics/full chapter come out, I think there's a couple ways to interpret this new info about Big Mom:

-The whole thing about controlling weather may not be literal; it could be a metaphor. i mean, the whole left hand thunder/right hand sun thing? Probably a reference to the other two Sweet Commanders.

-She IS capable of commanding weather.... with the help of her Homies. Recall some of the types of Homies we first saw earlier this arc hanging around Big Mama herself:

Spoiler:

^Notice that among them are a cloud and sun. It should also be noted that in the following pages of that scene I posted, Big Mom visibly causes explosions and electric sparks during her rampage. Coincidence....?

As far as the Sanji scene goes, I think it's pretty clear that he's either pulling an act, or perhaps one of his brothers disguised themselves as him in order to fool Luffy and co. (they DO look alike when you put aside the hairstyles and flipped eyebrows). Either way, Sanji wouldn't act like a complete dick toward his friends without good reason....
Old 2016-10-19, 22:47   Link #9
Rainbowman

This has taken a turn for the worst.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 23:53   Link #10
Ramero

Her soul soul fruit effect could be expanded to a rate where she can control weather as well as long as she place soul into it.

For Sanji itself, two of them are not seen on Vinsmokes car on 842 (Ichiji and Reiji are missing) so it could be Ichiji or maybe Reiji that disguises as Sanji or it could be like MarvelB said, he could make some act to prevent Luffy for keep butting in.

Anyway, i expect Eines Lobby 2.0 is most likely happening again. Same like Robin, Sanji was also running away from his past and now he have to face it.
Old 2016-10-20, 03:13   Link #11
marvelB

Some spoiler pics are out. Looks like it confirms that the talking sun and cloud ARE how Big Mom manipulates weather. But what's more, we got more character introductions! We're introduced to three more Totland ministers (all Big Mom's children, of course):

-Cheese Minister and 19th son of the Charlotte family, Charlotte Mont d'Or

-Butter Minister and 18th daughter of the Charlotte family, Charlotte Galette

-Cream Minister and 5th son of the Charlotte family, Charlotte Opera

And, that's not all.... looks like we got the names of ALL of the Sweet Commanders! Aside from Cracker, there's also Charlotte Smoothie, Katakuri, and the ex-commander who was defeated by Urouge, Snack! Welp, guess that debunks the theory that Bobbin was one of the commanders....
Old 2016-10-20, 03:20   Link #12
WyrdMonger

We haven't seen him or that three eyed Pudding for a while?
does anyone else belive Bobbin is actually one of her sons?
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 07:01   Link #13
Ramero

Welp, did Sanji's male siblings got the same issue as Sanji about the ladies!?

Well, i hope Nami can seduce them through her charm though and let's see if her steal technique works here.

Hmm.. Maybe like how Robin did to Usopp on the Water 7 train, maybe Sanji want to kick Luffy as well.. Yep, it goes closer to Eines Lobby 2.0
Old 2016-10-20, 07:23   Link #14
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
and thousand sunny will die? I hope not. T_T
Old 2016-10-20, 07:44   Link #15
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
and thousand sunny will die? I hope not. T_T
It can't die so easily otherwise Nami and Franky will be crying all day long. Nami will need to find more money while Franky have to find another Adam tree to make another one.

Merry was already damaged so hard even before Eines Lobby so it was Merry's last effort to sail with Straw Hats before running out of energy. Imagine that they got no shipwright that can fix the ship properly and Usopp can only sustain the durability itself.

Sunny got no heavy damage yet since Franky always repair it when the ship got damaged.
Old 2016-10-20, 08:57   Link #16
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post
This arc is indeed like Enies Lobby, and Sanji is in Robin's role. However, his motivation is an entirely different one. Robin thought her presence would be too much trouble for the Strawhats. Sanji knows that that's not the case. He loves his crew and trusts them and their abilities 100%. The reason why he wants them to stay out of this is not for their sake, like it was with Robin, it is for Zeff's sake. The Strawhats don't even know that he's in danger yet. My guess is that during the coming fight, Sanji will give Luffy and/or Nami a hint that he's being blackmailed, like you said.
Old 2016-10-20, 09:10   Link #17
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Hahahahaha Sanji brothers actually share his women lust as well, their eyes turned into love when seen Nami even Ichiji
I lost hype to him, now i am expecting a funny Nami fight among siblings in the end.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 09:28   Link #18
Casshern

Sanjiii
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 09:28   Link #19
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh c'mon... this pattern again?
you didn't learn anything, Sanji
seems like he would become the next Nico Robin after all

controlling weather is an interesting power.. reminded me of Enel
at least we are sure that Mom's thunder power might hold little effect toward Luffy
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-20, 09:59   Link #20
Ultragunner

well, in Sanji's defense, Big Mom is holding Zeff hostage so even if the Straw Hat managed to dragged Sanji away, the old man would still be in danger...
...unless Luffy just went and beat up Big Mom