AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

Old 2019-01-25, 17:00   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Shield Hero - Anime Spoilers & Speculation (for experienced Shield Hero fans only)

This thread is for the experienced Shield Hero viewer (i.e. those of you who are familiar with potentially all the light novels / manga), its purpose is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation over the Shield Hero anime series, it therefore will contain unmarked spoilers. If you are a light novel / manga virgin of Shield Hero, then do not read this thread unless you want to be spoiled (use Speculation & Theories thread instead).

Since posters are expected to be familiar with the light novel / manga, there is no real need for spoiler tags, but feel free to include them if you so wish.

Adding a Spoiler tag:
Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
Make sure that you include a title that clearly identifies the specific source of the spoiler!

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes. Also remember that this isn't a light novel / manga discussion thread, if you do want to discuss the light novel then please use the existing thread.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-30, 12:07   Link #2
Galaxian

I know that the anime is changing a lot of stuff from the novel and manga, but after seeing the King use his knights to threaten Naofumi in episode 4 I really hope they keep the scene after the next wave when he tries that again only for Naofumi to call his bluff and threaten them right back.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-30, 13:26   Link #3
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

I'm sure enough they will keep it. IMO, Raphtalia flashback can be 'cut' because it will got another exposition later (and how it done in mines can be time consuming if they followed it straight from source). So there should be no changes for that moment but maybe some details before and after.

The changes itself so far is not bad as it helps defining the moment better, especially as we'll see them another time.
I love how they added scar-bro knight, Naofumi went to tower to bait aggro, coordinating evacuation, villagers wanted to help further but retreat once they notice gap of strength; made me wish addition on future is always as good as this. I do looking forward to see scar-bro and his squad on next Wave.

Old 2019-01-31, 13:35   Link #4
maximilianjenus
[E]

Well, they already skipped the other parties offering help to naofumi early in the story; I wonder if they will skip raphtalai's towel scene.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-31, 19:45   Link #5
AC-Phoenix
Detective

EP4 Seems like they cut out how Raphtalia got re-enslaved (maybe next episode?) AND the groups punishment for bitchy's interference.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-31, 20:28   Link #6
Twi

I think those will get moved to the next episode, a wind-down to the emotional climax.
Old 2019-01-31, 21:07   Link #7
Galaxian

They didn't have the "And the evil... Is me" line from the manga...
Old 2019-01-31, 21:41   Link #8
AC-Phoenix
Detective

There is an interesting part, that I previously missed in the Manga btw.
In at least one of the heroes realities, the allies seem to have lost WWII, or at least the Pacific war, which might explain how none of them complains about the demi-human discrimination.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-01, 01:04   Link #9
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
They didn't have the "And the evil... Is me" line from the manga...
That line worked if we got same angsty Naofumi.

Anime!Naofumi is not on same line of thought as here he got scar-bro and villagers tried to fight monsters with him rather than doing all the job by himself.
It made more sense if he's taking things as 'why the hell I got all this unfair treatment' rather than 'for god sake, as if what you guys did still not enough to make me mad'.
Old 2019-02-01, 10:50   Link #10
maximilianjenus
[E]

Yeah,we can consider the anime yet another route, just like the manga and light novel. considering which studio is working in this I have hopes of them fixing problems, particularly someof the villains motivations as the villains are oneof the weakest points of this series.
Like SPOILER , she just wants to increase her level as her ultimate reason and we don't even know why would she want to increase it.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-06, 21:22   Link #11
Galaxian

Next episode is obviously getting the magic stone for Firo's dress and maybe the event with the bandits. Meanwhile ep7 should cover the evil plant and the start of the zombie dragon fight. I'm expecting ep7 to end with the Shield of Wrath being unlocked.
Old 2019-02-07, 12:39   Link #12
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

The order change and response really hit overall series perspective. IMHO.

Made me somehow doubt Curse Series can overwhelm him unless they made either the dragon working as vicious mind, other heroes became worse people or [spoiler] kill scar-bro (assuming they introduced him further later), triggering his rage.
Old 2019-02-07, 16:56   Link #13
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

More surprised they didn't include the practical reason Raphtalea wanted to keep the slave crest.

Spoiler for Potential Spoiler:
Old 2019-02-07, 17:04   Link #14
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
More surprised they didn't include the practical reason Raphtalea wanted to keep the slave crest.

Spoiler for Potential Spoiler:
That's probably because
Spoiler:
Old 2019-02-08, 07:48   Link #15
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
That's probably because
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2019-02-08, 09:59   Link #16
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2019-02-08, 11:32   Link #17
Twi

Quote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2019-02-08, 15:36   Link #18
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2019-02-08, 16:38   Link #19
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Spoiler:
I won't put this in spoiler since I'm only addressing Malty's established treatment of the Shield. Thinking about it, I'm not entirely sure she really did all this out of direct hatred or even a specific desire to put him personally down. I don't think she had any feelings or opinion of him at all, or probably of anyone else for that matter. I get the feeling that she initially just wanted to get in the good graces of the most popular hero, get as much control of him as possible, and gain as much as she could as quickly as she could. To do this, she determined that making up a "rescue romance" cliché would be useful, and with the Shield's reputation Naofumi made the perfect villain; and as a bonus she could steal his funds to line her pockets and give herself an even quicker start. She didn't feel anything positive or negative toward him, but once the deed had been done she needed to keep him down as she'd made an enemy of him. A scapegoat with influence or who's given the chance to demonstrate how out-of-character his supposed crimes would be is dangerous, so to protect her own skin she has to push him as far down as possible and hold him there, along with anyone who'd dare to speak well of him. And of course after a while with him thwarting her plans hatred blooms, but only later.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-08, 17:00   Link #20
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I won't put this in spoiler since I'm only addressing Malty's established treatment of the Shield. Thinking about it, I'm not entirely sure she really did all this out of direct hatred or even a specific desire to put him personally down. I don't think she had any feelings or opinion of him at all, or probably of anyone else for that matter. I get the feeling that she initially just wanted to get in the good graces of the most popular hero, get as much control of him as possible, and gain as much as she could as quickly as she could. To do this, she determined that making up a "rescue romance" cliché would be useful, and with the Shield's reputation Naofumi made the perfect villain; and as a bonus she could steal his funds to line her pockets and give herself an even quicker start. She didn't feel anything positive or negative toward him, but once the deed had been done she needed to keep him down as she'd made an enemy of him. A scapegoat with influence or who's given the chance to demonstrate how out-of-character his supposed crimes would be is dangerous, so to protect her own skin she has to push him as far down as possible and hold him there, along with anyone who'd dare to speak well of him. And of course after a while with him thwarting her plans hatred blooms, but only later.
I suppose that's possible, although Malty does appear openly hostile towards him. She is also a princess so I honestly didn't see her stealing his funds as anything more than screwing him over...As I'd imagine that daddy could just line her pockets with whatever amount of silver she needed. One thing is for certain, Malty is a terrible person. I wouldn't put anything past her as long as she thinks she can get away with it.