AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-02-09, 06:46   Link #461
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
For those prices your completely dreaming considering some of the items you want is only available in Japan (shana series 2 and series 2 and beyond of zero no tsukaima) so you won't be interested in them and the season 2 set of mahoromatic is a little under £3 cheaper then just getting both series in one set.

Just FYI the site I've linked to is one of the few UK based that does imports from the states (and yes they so have their contact details splashed on their home page) although you might find a few good bargains on playusa.com (the sister site of play.com which mainly deals with US discs).

Also I do have a few suggestions for cost effective DVD players that can be made region free pretty easily.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 11:00   Link #462
Animelover#1
Kouta...

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix View Post
For those prices your completely dreaming considering some of the items you want is only available in Japan (shana series 2 and series 2 and beyond of zero no tsukaima) so you won't be interested in them and the season 2 set of mahoromatic is a little under £3 cheaper then just getting both series in one set.

Just FYI the site I've linked to is one of the few UK based that does imports from the states (and yes they so have their contact details splashed on their home page) although you might find a few good bargains on playusa.com (the sister site of play.com which mainly deals with US discs).

Also I do have a few suggestions for cost effective DVD players that can be made region free pretty easily.
If there is absolutely no english dub available then I don't mind japanese w/ english subs. I really appreciate the help, I'm gonna take a look through the websites and get back to you. and I already have mahoromatic series one, (got it for £8 of play.com) and i'm not really bothered about the price, I have nothing else to spend it on, really ^^ except an occasional game.

well, i'm gonna take a look at the sites and get back to you later.

EDIT: could I also ask you what the difference is between these two?
1) http://www.up1.co.uk/Details/M1111
2) http://www.up1.co.uk/Details/F1055

and why the first one costs more, also what they each contains - I find it hard to find out which episodes anime dvds actually are - like which season they're selling

EDIT EDIT: Just checked out that up1 site, looks very promising, looks like i'm gonna e getting some anime some time soon, thanks

Last edited by Animelover#1; 2010-02-09 at 12:01.
Animelover#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-09, 16:54   Link #463
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animelover#1 View Post
EDIT: could I also ask you what the difference is between these two?
1) http://www.up1.co.uk/Details/M1111
2) http://www.up1.co.uk/Details/F1055

and why the first one costs more, also what they each contains - I find it hard to find out which episodes anime dvds actually are - like which season they're selling
They contain the same episodes, etc. The price difference is because the first was released earlier and has a nice chipboard box, while the other is a later discounted release that only has a plastic keepcase. Basically, it's the difference between a hardcover and paperback book. The first is for people who really love the series and are willing to pay more for a higher quality release, the latter is for the masses.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-10, 07:00   Link #464
demonix

Quote:
If there is absolutely no english dub available then I don't mind japanese w/ english subs.
Unfortunately Japanese releases with english subtitles included are extremely rare (trust me I've bought a few DVDs direct from Japan and none of them have any subtitles whatsoever) and that includes what your looking for (although I really don't give a hoot if it has subtitles or not).

Also what einhorn303 has said is correct.
Old 2010-02-10, 17:10   Link #465
Animelover#1
Kouta...

so is there no way to buy zero no tsukaima other than learn japanese?
Old 2010-02-10, 18:16   Link #466
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
so is there no way to buy zero no tsukaima other than learn japanese?
There appears to be some misunderstanding what is being asked between you and demonix.
Quote:
Unfortunately Japanese releases with english subtitles included are extremely rare (trust me I've bought a few DVDs direct from Japan and none of them have any subtitles whatsoever) and that includes what your looking for (although I really don't give a hoot if it has subtitles or not).
This applies to Japanese R2 DVD releases in general. This is not what you are asking about as far as I can tell. I assume what you want is U.K. R2 DVD releases or U.S. R1 DVD releases (please note that Japanese R2 releases are different to U.K. R2 releases).

Zero no Tsukaima (the first season) has been licensed in the U.S. by Funimation. You can import the U.S. version into the U.K. yourself (which is the cheapest method) or you can purchase the imported U.S. R1 DVD from shops such as United Publications.

UP, Familiar of Zero £21.60
Amazon, Familiar of Zero $36
DVDPacific, Familiar of Zero, $23.79

This is a new cheaper release due out on March 9th 2010. It includes English and Japanese language tracks as well as English subtitles.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 07:47   Link #467
Animelover#1
Kouta...

yah, my dad doesn't wish to use a paypal account so thats out. but there are other ways we can get hold of american dvds, such as relatives etc.
I figured that it's possible to buy zero series one, but I'm looking for series 2 and 3, also, and I can't find them anywhere..
Old 2010-02-24, 13:49   Link #468
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

I'm going to japan next month and some questions

1. I have looked on the internet to find good, well known anime shops in Tokyo and I have gotten so many reccomendations, Animate, Kotobukiya, Cospa and a lot more, but I cant visit all these shops that people told me about so I wonder if someone can tell me the shops where you generally can get the best goods, The best shop for soundtrack, the best shop for figures etc

2. Is there generally okay to visit anime shops if you are underage, and will the people who works at the shops be okay wih me buying Fanservice stuffs? (Of cource I wont buy anything excplit just the general stuff) I'm 14 years old but I look young for my age so most people think that I'm twelve or something.

3. where do you get Banpresto stuff? (in Japan that is) I have looked for their onlinestore but I havent been able to find any.

4. Which Animate is best, the one in Akihabara or the one in Ikebukuro?
sona-nyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 14:29   Link #469
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Three questions:

Where do I buy good, respectable Bishoujo/Dating sims? (It doesn't matter if it's eroge, long as it's respectable.. like not about rape.)

Where do I buy the entire first season of Code Geass? (I can't find anything with english/japanese audio on Ebay, just japanese/cantonese with english subtitles. I want to switch between english and japanese.)

Where Do I buy series in general? (New or old. It doesn't matter, long as the site is trustworthy.)

All three can be done online, so I want to go with that.

@HanyuuChan: I'm sorry I can't help you, but there has been several members on here that have visited the Nippon region. I hope you get your questions answered Sorry...
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-24, 15:09   Link #470
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Where do I buy good, respectable Bishoujo/Dating sims? (It doesn't matter if it's eroge, long as it's respectable.. like not about rape.)
If you want to buy VN/eroge translated into English, there's:

http://www.jastusa.com/shop/
http://www.mangagamer.com/r18/

If you want to import games in Japanese, there's:

http://www.erogeshop.com/

However, all sites that sell such games sell them without discriminating about their content. If you don't want to buy any games with rape, you'll just have to read the descriptions, research them, and get your impressions from the title/images of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Where do I buy the entire first season of Code Geass? (I can't find anything with english/japanese audio on Ebay, just japanese/cantonese with english subtitles. I want to switch between english and japanese.)

Where Do I buy series in general? (New or old. It doesn't matter, long as the site is trustworthy.)
Most anime DVDs on eBay are bootlegs from China or other Asian regions. To be officially licensed DVD's with english subtitles, I recommend www.rightstuf.com or www.amazon.com.

For Code Geass, the first season is comprised of "Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion DVD Part 1", "Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion DVD Part 2", and "Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion DVD Part 3." They're available in regular and more limited special editions, as you can see in this search:

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/cat.../desc/asc/50/1

(Not sure if rightstuf search links are persistent, though.)
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 23:35   Link #471
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

anyone know of a good web site to buy used video games besides Gamestop/ebgames and ebay?
Old 2010-03-08, 06:48   Link #472
Animelover#1
Kouta...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
anyone know of a good web site to buy used video games besides Gamestop/ebgames and ebay?
Depends on your country,

You could try www.Play.com
and amazon.co.uk (or.com for america)

A good comparison site find-games.co.uk

You may also like to try Gamestation, Game, Hmv

Sorry i cant help any further, I only know english sites (except play and amazon)
there is also a less well know www.playusa.com or something like that. but it doesnt sell games..
Old 2010-03-08, 13:46   Link #473
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Does anyone know of a US-based store that sells 4-hole-punched pages for a Japanese trading card binder? I've found and ordered some from Japanese vendors already but I'm going to need significantly more and I really don't want to pay any more huge shipping costs for such a cheap item.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-10, 18:03   Link #474
Animelover#1
Kouta...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Does anyone know of a US-based store that sells 4-hole-punched pages for a Japanese trading card binder? I've found and ordered some from Japanese vendors already but I'm going to need significantly more and I really don't want to pay any more huge shipping costs for such a cheap item.
Well, all I can suggest is that you try ebay, it's quite an unusual item
Old 2010-03-27, 22:36   Link #475
guess

'spirited away" edited version?

Hi, does anyone know where I can get a DVD for edited version of movie "spirited away?" I watched it on cartoonnetwork and then a DVD. I realized that the TV version edits out a lot of disgusting scene, like too much vomiting and blood. Where can I find the edited version? Thanks.
Old 2010-03-28, 00:59   Link #476
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Do you mean the edited "censored" version, or the UNEDITED version, with all the stuff you mentioned?
Old 2010-03-28, 09:12   Link #477
demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Hi, does anyone know where I can get a DVD for edited version of movie "spirited away?" I watched it on cartoonnetwork and then a DVD. I realized that the TV version edits out a lot of disgusting scene, like too much vomiting and blood. Where can I find the edited version? Thanks.
I don't think a edited version was ever released as the broadcasters probably get a pre-edited version (that or they get a full version which they then edit themselves)
Old 2010-03-30, 13:50   Link #478
paw24
Banned

Are they Original???? that the meaning of unlicense right????
paw24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 16:25   Link #479
bayoab

Quote:
I don't think a edited version was ever released as the broadcasters probably get a pre-edited version (that or they get a full version which they then edit themselves)
Under Disney's contract, they cannot release an edited copy of any Ghibli work. All releases from Disney of Ghibli works are unedited.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 09:17   Link #480
Firedfox

Anyone know a decently priced region 4 PAL site? I have looked around and it seems like there is only a few options, buy our overpriced dvds (through jbhifi, overpriced and limited selection (see http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/suppo...ll&bnSearch=Go!)), get anydvd or get a multiregion dvd player. I want to support the industry but i cannot find many decently priced boxsets or they are not available at all. (e.g. evangelion platnum boxset is $40 on rightstuf, its $120 here, here and there now and then and higurashi is not available)
Firedfox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anime dvd suggestions, anime movies, help finding an anime, manga, purchase, streaming anime