AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ouran Host Club

Notices

Old 2006-04-24, 10:45   Link #281
Cal-Reflector

Episode 3. Loved it when the club members, particularly the twins, changed into Rich-Bastard Mode (tm) and started dissing Haruhi about never having eaten Ootoro (Tuna Belly). I think I've had it once or twice, wasn't particularly blown away by it, but then I've only been to Japan several times... once certain is that the locals adore the stuff as the equivalent of "Lobster and Steak" amongst sushi.

It ain't gonna happen, but I'm rooting for Kyouya-Haruhi, ala my earlier post with links to manga spoilers and fanarts.
Old 2006-04-24, 10:46   Link #282
hakasan

Mm......... just got the manga this morning, up to vol. 7. I think Bones will end at episode 26. It will end off nicely there.
Spoiler:

What do u all think, those who have read the manga?
hakasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 11:09   Link #283
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I sincerely hope that they would end up together. I mean Tamaki-Haruhi ... yeah.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 11:21   Link #284
mangafanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
Well, this seems fun.

Tsubasa has 3 seasons, but I doubt a GOOD comedy can last that long. I mean, the first 3 episodes were full of it, and very good at it, too, but they can't naturally keep it up for another season. I don't think they can keep it up for 26 straight episodes.

Honey and Clover proved that it could be done. Personally, I think they could very easily maintain the comedy value of this anime. They have a lot of manga material to work with, as well as a simply hysterical basic set up. I'm pretty confident in the show.
mangafanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 12:47   Link #285
Rhys
Interweb crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector
It ain't gonna happen, but I'm rooting for Kyouya-Haruhi, ala my earlier post with links to manga spoilers and fanarts.
I saw your links... Kyouya/Haruhi looks really cute. I think I'm starting to like it a bit more than Tamaki/Haruhi...

Though it would be one crazy twist if Haruhi turns out to be a lesbian.
Rhys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 12:52   Link #286
musouka

This show is only going to be 13 eps, so I don't think they're going to get as far as some people hope.
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 13:13   Link #287
hakasan

Mm.... just looking at Bones's track record, other than movies and fullmetal alchemist, most of their stuff like rahxephon and scrapped princess end at 26 episodes. *Fingers crossed* Just out of curiousity, Musouka, what made u think so?
Old 2006-04-24, 14:56   Link #288
Ruka

Send a message via AIM to Ruka Send a message via MSN to Ruka Send a message via Yahoo to Ruka
I love 桜蘭高校ホスト部 (Ouran High School Host Club) !!!! XDD I started watching it on April 6 i think. lol XDD Cuz' Asusual, I always dont load any random Anime. lol XDD I never watch it in youtube cuz I think it's gay (IMO) for not watching a clear version. No offense to any one. All the guys in the Host club is HOT !! And thats what the Host club is all about. Except Mitsukuni Haninozuka & Haruhi Fujioka cuz so not Hot. Cuz Haruhi Fujioka is a girl and Mitsukuni Haninozuka is just a kid who acts like Momoji Sohma of Fruits Basket and has the same seiyuu as Momoji and the he really does like Momoji @@;;. lol.... I love Kyoya Ootori !! So Hot !! XDD And also Hikaru & Kaoru Hitaiichin both double trouble and double Hotness!! XDD I started getting addicted to it last last week. But I sometimes forget about it. lol

My favorite seen in the first episode was about the Instant coffee or in their term, Commoner's Coffee.

In the 2nd episode, I was only consentrating on the Hot guys in the Host Club wearing Bali outfits!! XDD And later after when I saw Haruhi wearing a dress, I was said to my self "Eww.. She looks so weird and ugly @@;;. I cant believe Tamaki-kun likes her @@;;. I prefer as a guy." lol XD

In the 3rd episode the best of all parts were Kaoru & Hikaru half naked!! (≧ω≦) Kawaii~ desu !! XD かわいい!! (≧ω≦)

Cant wait for episode 4!

-Ruka
Ruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 17:07   Link #289
Qbi Sannin

There's...just...so MANY emotions in that one post, Ruka. It's entertaining
Qbi Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 18:48   Link #290
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
This show is only going to be 13 eps, so I don't think they're going to get as far as some people hope.
This is really only going to be 13 episodes? Wow, if that's true, that's a major letdown...

This is easily the best show of the season/year. So many crappy shows get over 20 episodes (or even over 50). This show not getting over 13 makes no sense no matter how you look at it... (the manga is very popular in Japan right now, too - ranks in the top 3 sales at Animate, putting it ahead of Naruto and One Piece)
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 19:32   Link #291
misakichii

oh wow! i'm so excited about this. i still haven't seen the anime but i read a little about the manga and it seems interesting. i'm really looking forward to the anime. i never really got the chance to read much of the manga but i'm looking forward to the anime.
misakichii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 19:35   Link #292
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

How sure are you guys that it's only 13 episodes? That is so much of a letdown.
Old 2006-04-24, 20:31   Link #293
primalmx
ThE aUStRoPoLaDiAn

Send a message via AIM to primalmx Send a message via MSN to primalmx
Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223
How sure are you guys that it's only 13 episodes? That is so much of a letdown.

Not really, based on the theme I hardly think there is a way of keeping it the way it is with 26 episodes.

~prime
primalmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 22:33   Link #294
dread6

I haven't read the manga but the 1st few episodes were really great! I hope this would be more than 13 episodes because its worth the length of the series.

Liking it and loving it so I'm going to put this anime on top of my "watch list"...^^
dread6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-24, 22:36   Link #295
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

No, I just want some proof that it is only 13 episodes. I've got no problem with it as long as they keep it simple and excellent.
Old 2006-04-25, 00:03   Link #296
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal-Reflector
Episode 3. Loved it when the club members, particularly the twins, changed into Rich-Bastard Mode (tm) and started dissing Haruhi about never having eaten Ootoro (Tuna Belly). I think I've had it once or twice, wasn't particularly blown away by it, but then I've only been to Japan several times... once certain is that the locals adore the stuff as the equivalent of "Lobster and Steak" amongst sushi.
I've only had it once because of the cost, but I thought that it was, "OOooooooh, wow!" Either it just doesn't appeal to you or yours was substandard, but it really is all that. The creamy texture and flavor really was a level above any other sushi I've ever eaten.

And Ootoro isn't just any tuna's belly. (That was implied by what you wrote and even if you know this, others might misunderstand.) Only a specific type of tuna has the right level of fattiness to produce shushi of this caliber.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 01:01   Link #297
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I've only had it once because of the cost, but I thought that it was, "OOooooooh, wow!" Either it just doesn't appeal to you or yours was substandard, but it really is all that. The creamy texture and flavor really was a level above any other sushi I've ever eaten.

And Ootoro isn't just any tuna's belly. (That was implied by what you wrote and even if you know this, others might misunderstand.) Only a specific type of tuna has the right level of fattiness to produce shushi of this caliber.
Ah yes... I suppose it was both, substandardness and a matter of taste; like my father, who has visited Japan on business trips for scores of times, I like lean maguro over toro because it's less greasy. You're also right about it needing to be a certain type of fish; small tuna that hasn't grown large enough, I think, since I'm no expert on it, cannot produce ootoro. Nontheless, I am certain that it is by consensus a delicious mouthful, which is why the vast majority adores it.

On most Japanese food-tour shows I saw, a piece of regular toro at a fine sushi place was 500 yen per nigiri sushi, 1000 for a pair, or about 8-9 bucks. With that money Haruhi could buy at least 3 bento boxes from a convenient store or food-mart at the end of day, if reduced-prices were offered.
Old 2006-04-25, 07:12   Link #298
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

it seems like each episode takes a chapter in the manga maybe the
Spoiler:

they could easily make it 26 episodes no?
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 10:03   Link #299
hakasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a
it seems like each episode takes a chapter in the manga maybe the
Spoiler:

they could easily make it 26 episodes no?
Nah, dont think they will do double episode for this anime. It is shown very late at night, usually doubles are for peak time programs like bleach and naruto I would think.
Old 2006-04-25, 14:48   Link #300
Lumi360

Can anybody identify the seiyuu of Ayanokouji from Ep 1? I couldn't find her at ANN or NFO.
Lumi360 is offline   Reply With Quote