2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.37%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.37%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-24, 02:10   Link #501
hamstar
just passing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Kira and Athrun were GENIUSES, at the top of their class. Kira was a master programmer while Athrun was an insane engineer. That's why they do school projects together, and that's also why Athrun was able to make a flying metal bird.

Athrun and Kira were intellectual equals. When Athrun went to PLANT and attended an all-coordinator military academy, he was number-one in all subjects.

This is more than just about Coordinators; Athrun and Kira were exceptions rather than the rule.

So bringing it back to 00, it is RIDICULOUS to compare Saji to Kira, or any other young Gundam protagonist. Saji is an ordinary hard-working young man, who does not stand out in ether intellect or skill.

Calling Kira a computer nerd is like calling Master Asia a wanna-be martial artist. It is plainly false.
I am deeply sorry for insulting your deity. Please forgive me.
Old 2008-03-24, 02:21   Link #502
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

I hope Patrick survives. He's too adorable to kill for now.

Where is Sergei?
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 02:24   Link #503
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
I am deeply sorry for insulting your deity. Please forgive me.
That's quite enough trolling. How about trying to argue your case?

At no stage was Saji showed to be even above-average as an engineer. He isn't on a scholarship, doesn't stand out in class, and has no random self-built hightech toys back in his house. Even if by some miracle, Saji joined an armed force somewhere, he would not stand out because all the real Aces, even Patrick, had TALENT to go with their hardwork.

Saji had not shown to have any talent in the last 24 episodes. QED.

Now, how about supporting you own views, troll?
Old 2008-03-24, 02:28   Link #504
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
That gold mobile armor looks disgusting. I hope Exia makes cuick work of it [ cue key is broken ]. Was sad to see Christina and Licht die, though I never noticed Licht's existence prior to this ep. I still didn't want Christina to die, though the death scene was done very nicely. Poor Feldt is going to go insane.

The action in this ep was alright. Nice to see Hallelujah again, because now Kyrios is actually getting something done :P. I had to laugh when Tieria got owned by that huge beam, right before he was about to kick some ass. I have to agree with Tieria's point with Setsuna that he made though. If he wasn't messing around on Earth, they could have had more GN-X's killed at the price of Nena being dead, but it's not like she's doing anything right now anyway.

As for the preview... WTF the preview for 25 barely showed anything lol.

It will be a real shame if they don't give Graham any screentime in the last ep. And it's unlikely that Nena would come to the battle at this point, but I can't help but wonder wtf she's doing in her Gundam that's severely short on GN particles.
Old 2008-03-24, 02:32   Link #505
CombiHenge

9/10

The build up in the last few episodes has been sensational and Episode 24 did not disappoint.

Many sad farewells, but still many questions unanswered...

Someone already mentioned it on this thread, but people quickly discounted it -- Was that Sergei's GN-X that hit the bridge?

I'll like to re-open the debate:

Possible reasons it was:
  • The three remaining GN-X's at that point were together (Soma, Sergei and unknown).
  • It was only Sergei that saw the CB ship was still intact.
  • At the beginning of the mission, it was his goal to 'finish it' by attacking the ship. He held Soma back from chasing the Assault container because the ship was the most important target.
  • He doesn't have much left in the story (it opens the final conflict between Allelujah vs Soma - i.e. no interference).
  • What a way to go: achieving the blow that (he thinks) will end the war.

Possible reasons we weren't shown it was Sergei:
  • It would have distracted the death scene of Lichtendahl and Christina.
  • Possible artistic recreation next episode, from his perspective...

Just some other random thoughts...
  • Where was Wang Liu Mei & Hong Long standing and what was she doing in space?
  • Graham Aker is an impatient man, as we are impatient fans... with the main focus on the UN Mobile Armor and 1 Gundam, will we even see him again this season?
  • The fight between Soma & (Sergei OR Unnamed) is still in progress with Hallelujah in the 1 armed and 1 leg Kyrios.
  • Did Tieria just shut down?
  • I don't mind not seeing Nena again this season... she can continue to go off crying.
  • The preview shows a Char/Amuro type ending for the MA... and someone.
CombiHenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 02:44   Link #506
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I mean think about it... Alejandro even said that in a previous episode that he wanted the HRL to come out on top in the end and help direct the future... Do you really think that the HRL can be the directors of the future while maintain an equal peaceful coexistence with the alliance? Very likely, Alejandro was making somekind of plan that would either turn the 3 major nations against each other or something that would steer the future towards the HRL... even if he were to die next episode, just the fact that he thought the future could be pushed towards the HRL is enough to say that this alliance might shatter... Really, their mutual hatred for CB may be the only thing that is really holding together and once they are gone, they will split up just as they were in the begining... only now they have a new weapon to play with

Though i'm starting to think Alejandro may survive this battle and start directing the future as he wished... and it will be up to CB to rise from the ashes in a world when he has lead to chaos with the intention of it ending in his favor, and CB being the ones who need to set things right...

But ya, this is a hard series to predict... i didn't expect a lot of thigns that happened in this series, and can't really tell what will happen next episode... so there's no way i can be truly settled with any guess for season 2
When did he say that? It could just be that my brain is kinda slow right now because it's been a long day for me, but I don't remember him ever saying that. Which fansub group did you see it from?
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 02:47   Link #507
mougrim

Send a message via ICQ to mougrim
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
saji a gundam meister...... I dont know, if computer science nerd like kira can be the best pilot in seed is it really a stretch if saji to pilot a gundam ?
Nah, but maybe Shinn-type character? Shinn was not child prodigy or something like that before he joined ZAFT...
mougrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 03:01   Link #508
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombiHenge View Post
The build up in the last few episodes has been sensational and Episode 24 did not disappoint.

Many sad farewells, but still many questions unanswered...

Someone already mentioned it on this thread, but people quickly discounted it -- Was that Sergei's GN-X that hit the bridge?

I'll like to re-open the debate:

Possible reasons it was:
  • The three remaining GN-X's at that point were together (Soma, Sergei and unknown).
  • It was only Sergei that saw the CB ship was still intact.
  • At the beginning of the mission, it was his goal to 'finish it' by attacking the ship. He held Soma back from chasing the Assault container because the ship was the most important target.
  • He doesn't have much left in the story (it opens the final conflict between Allelujah vs Soma - i.e. no interference).
  • What a way to go: achieving the blow that (he thinks) will end the war.

Possible reasons we weren't shown it was Sergei:
  • It would have distracted the death scene of Lichtendahl and Christina.
  • Possible artistic recreation next episode, from his perspective...

Just some other random thoughts...
  • Where was Wang Liu Mei & Hong Long standing and what was she doing in space?
  • Graham Aker is an impatient man, as we are impatient fans... with the main focus on the UN Mobile Armor and 1 Gundam, will we even see him again this season?
  • The fight between Soma & (Sergei OR Unnamed) is still in progress with Hallelujah in the 1 armed and 1 leg Kyrios.
  • Did Tieria just shut down?
  • I don't mind not seeing Nena again this season... she can continue to go off crying.
  • The preview shows a Char/Amuro type ending for the MA... and someone.
I don't think that was Sergei. He's too important of a character to get offed without some sort of death scene, even if it's just a flash of light or something.

I think we're not gonna see Graham any more this season. There's one episode left and that's not much time to show off his new MS. I think it would be more of a treat to see how souped up it gets in the second season. As for Tieria I think he just fell unconscious after his Gundam took heavy damage. Nadleeh is a comparatively light-weight, mobility based unit so it doesn't have the armor that Virtue has and is more susceptible to enemy fire, thus why we see chunks of it being blown off by the GN-Xs. I would imagine the shock waves produced by all those blasts has to have some impact on a pilot's body (even if we can't be sure how human Tieria is). And a Char/Amuro ending? Could you explain that to a person who's never seen the original Gundam series please.
Old 2008-03-24, 03:08   Link #509
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mougrim View Post
Nah, but maybe Shinn-type character? Shinn was not child prodigy or something like that before he joined ZAFT...
We didn't know one way or another, as we never saw any of Shinn's old civilian life.
But Gilbert did give him the Impulse purely due to his genetics. Even then, Shinn's piloting skills ended up being less than desired.
It was mentioned within the show that the Minerva crew were despised by the rest of ZAFT, as those within were directly chosen by Gilbert rather than through proper channels.

On the other hand, we had seen months of Saji's civilian life, yet there is no sign anywhere that he is anything but ordinary.
Old 2008-03-24, 03:21   Link #510
CombiHenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
Could you explain that to a person who's never seen the original Gundam series please.
Technically, it should be an episode discussion, but re-watch closely the preview for Episode 25, just before the title, and you'll see something interesting.

Spoiler for Char's Counterattack:
CombiHenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 03:32   Link #511
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

now that I think about it setsuna might be the second youngest or maybe the youngest gundam pilot -14 years old (I forgot if Uso Evin are 13 or 14)

he is alreday given gundam two years ago right ? (that's pretty fast skill development from my point of view)
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 03:32   Link #512
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombiHenge View Post
Technically, it should be an episode discussion, but re-watch closely the preview for Episode 25, just before the title, and you'll see something interesting.

Spoiler for Char's Counterattack:
I see, thanks for clearing that up. I've only seen Gundam Wing all the way through and a little tiny bit of SEED (enough to know who the main characters are ) and some of the 08th MS Team. Otherwise I'm rather ignorant of Gundam lore.
Old 2008-03-24, 04:04   Link #513
Morgun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
About Graham: I think it would be nice, if they had a short scene in the next ep, where Graham starts with his new suit to make some tests, and the thing explodes, becasue the GN drive isn't really compatible, killing Graham in the process. Maybe with some last words like: " I should have remained true to the flag".

How about his last words be "Rosebud".
Morgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 05:07   Link #514
NeonZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
On the other hand, we had seen months of Saji's civilian life, yet there is no sign anywhere that he is anything but ordinary.
He hasn't been placed in a situation where his "special"-ness could be shown though. Even if he were an Athrun level engineering genius, how many scenes would that change? None at all. I suppose you could argue that he complained about homework, but that's just a personality trait, not an evidence of trouble with it.

Besides, going further back, Amuro and Judau weren't shown to be anything special in their civilian lives before getting their Gundams.
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 05:07   Link #515
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgun View Post
How about his last words be "Rosebud".
and make a special OVA named : citizen graham

they sure cleared the roster in those last few episode.
too bad the comic relief is gone, he was somehow a likeable character.
/sad face @ christina.

i really wonder how they are going to start that season 2 with so little characters remaining.
i m wondering if alexandro is the mid season boss instead of ali after this episode.
1 more week and we ll know, hopefully code geass will be good to replace this.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 05:14   Link #516
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Jesus fuck.

I didn't give a damn when Lockon died (less on my being heartless, more on his oh-so-typical big-brotherly characterization) , but goddamn, I actually love Chris and Licht who sooooo effing gave me Allen from Xenosaga vibes, as in asdkfjldjklsdfl *insert fangirl incoherency* adoration.

Also, Alejandro going all stereotypical villain-y on us is made of fail. Not that I was expecting much, but still.

Also the show needs MOAR Wang Ryumin. Yes, that girl; she's fascinating, wut.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 05:19   Link #517
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
hopefully code geass will be good enough to replace this.
Fixed .

I want to see Alejandro down next ep, then we can bother with Graham later.
Old 2008-03-24, 05:33   Link #518
Killer Tomato

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
He hasn't been placed in a situation where his "special"-ness could be shown though. Even if he were an Athrun level engineering genius, how many scenes would that change? None at all. I suppose you could argue that he complained about homework, but that's just a personality trait, not an evidence of trouble with it.

Besides, going further back, Amuro and Judau weren't shown to be anything special in their civilian lives before getting their Gundams.
Well..Amuro was well-known on Side 7 for being good in engineering...Not sure if that counts...
Killer Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 05:40   Link #519
Narutaro

great episode, one question stand out for me though. I was under the impression that Gundam 00 don't have space colonies like UC and CE gundam universe, but Christina said that her parents is at the colony. what colony is she talking about? I know they have an expedition to Jupiter, but don't know if there's confirmation that whether there's a whole colonies of people live there.
Narutaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 05:42   Link #520
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutaro View Post
great episode, one question stand out for me though. I was under the impression that Gundam 00 don't have space colonies like UC and CE gundam universe, but Christina said that her parents is at the colony. what colony is she talking about? I know they have an expedition to Jupiter, but don't know if there's confirmation that whether there's a whole colonies of people live there.
They do have colonies. HRL had one where the Super Soldier Facility was located.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote