AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2003-11-10, 22:51   Link #1
cyli
Inactive Member

naruto characters tributes to other animes?

So I searched the forum for a few key words, did not find any, so I apologize if this topic has been explored before.

Does it seem to anyone else that the characters in Naruto are tributes to other characters? I haven't placed that many of them. Anyone else have more insight?

Naruto: any saiyan from DB/DBZ/DBGT

Shino: Vash (Trigun), since Vash's thing is that he doesn't hurt anyone and Shino shopped Choji from stepping on the bug in Chuunin exam. Also the glasses and the collar on his jacket.

Kiba: San (Mononoke-Hime) with the triangles down the cheeks, and since he has Akamaru (San had the wolves)

Gaara: Someone or other from Fuushigi Yuugi. Tamahome maybe? He has a Kanji character on his forehead.

Tenten: Chun Lee (Street Fighter)

Rock Lee: I have no idea - I think he's modeled after Bruce Lee, but Bruce Lee is not an anime. I think there's a reason his eyes are so funny though, and that's a reference to some other anime. Anyone know what it could be?
cyli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 22:55   Link #2
Stickels
Just passing by

I think your connections are most likely concidences due to the fact that there are so damn many animes that the characters are bound to have characteristics that resemble people from another anime.
Stickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-10, 23:54   Link #3
Avenger

stickels your right since there are so many animes out there naruto is bound to have similarities especially to db/dbz/dbgt cus toriyama is kishimotos idol kind of person
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 00:04   Link #4
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Shonen=>stereotype=>plenty of characters.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-11, 00:21   Link #5
Stickels
Just passing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger
stickels your right since there are so many animes out there naruto is bound to have similarities especially to db/dbz/dbgt cus toriyama is kishimotos idol kind of person

maybe not GT cause toriyama didn't right it, but yeah.
Stickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 16:12   Link #6
Xarrais
Hinata *drool*

just started watching Naruto last week up to 50 now I was browins back dated forums and found this

Sasuke Reminds me very much of Jin from Tekken 3. The curse seal and all. That first time he is transformed with the symbols all over his body he looks just like jin. Hairstyle too
Xarrais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 18:40   Link #7
psycoking
kyōki-ō

Kashimoto draws from a lot of different animes/mangas. He makes many tributes to db/dbz (lee with open gates, etc) because he's an otaku of those series. I also think he draws alot from kenshin. Gai and rock lee themselves are supposed to be some odd mix of Bruce Lee and Jacky Chan. But imo most of the characters themselves are drawn from the series Slam Dunk! -- Sasuke is just like rukawa, naruto and Hanamichi have the same personality, and hell he even took 1000 years of pain from that series.
psycoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 19:41   Link #8
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
i think its part coincidence and part true.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 19:51   Link #9
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

All true. Cause the Japanses are all Sharingan type and they like to call themselves copy ninjas. ^^ The root of these day Japanime is american all the way (sad but true) the saturated expression for an example I recall. Its been a while since that time, but now it seems they inspire each others a lot.
Old 2004-04-05, 01:18   Link #10
PathofNightshade
Scruffy Nerf Herder

Send a message via AIM to PathofNightshade
can anyone say, "cliche?"
PathofNightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 05:33   Link #11
Motoko
オウーアー おあう

Send a message via AIM to Motoko Send a message via MSN to Motoko
First time i saw Rock Lee I thought of the great Bruce Lee, not just 'cos the names similar but his style of fighting. Jeet Kun Do, even though he's doing TaiJutsu
Motoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 05:49   Link #12
Aelonil

i read somewhere on a site that compared naruto completely to dbz and it made a lot of sense.

naruto -> goku
sasuke -> vegeta (avenger)
rock lee -> tien (strongest human)

there were others. i just dont remember them
Aelonil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 06:20   Link #13
whatever123

Send a message via MSN to whatever123
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoking
But imo most of the characters themselves are drawn from the series Slam Dunk! -- Sasuke is just like rukawa, naruto and Hanamichi have the same personality, and hell he even took 1000 years of pain from that series.
thats exactly what i thought when i saw slam dunk
Old 2004-04-05, 06:25   Link #14
Gaara_
ぬけ人

Send a message via AIM to Gaara_
JoJo's Star? wtf were you trying to say? so lost. haha

with any anime there are levels of similarities, but nothing to get hung up on. Just let it be is what I say. Overanalyzation is never good, it'll end up being all Kakashi is based of Casshern and mixed with goku as SSJ5 and all naruto characters who wear a forehead protector are based of shishio from kenshin, blah blah blah, it's old.
Gaara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 08:22   Link #15
Motoko
オウーアー おあう

Send a message via AIM to Motoko Send a message via MSN to Motoko
I kinda find it similar to Teenage Mutant Hereo Turtles, but theres only 3 of the turtles begin Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura, then you got Splinter as Kakashi and Oro as Shreder with his two right hand men the Sound village guys being Beepbop and Rosksteady.
Motoko is offline   Reply With Quote