AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-01, 22:45   Link #581
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Hmm outside of the H-scenes? What exactly were the scenes that they added in EX, if you remember? Sorry for being so inquisitive, but when I played a little bit of Kud Wafter, it seemed so much different than the end of Kud's Route (what with all the drama and romance turning into super moe in KW, which I think is great, but...). I felt like I shouldn't play anymore of it, like I was watching a sequel to a movie without watching the original... It almost makes me want to play the original to see what I should forget. But, more importantly, do I even need to forget anything for Kud Wafter? Or maybe i need to play more EX and beat Refrain... Man I feel like just playing KW... I am so hopelessly confused...

Last edited by Ceral; 2010-09-01 at 23:55.
Ceral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 23:55   Link #582
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Elaborate more on Kud

Spoiler for ALL of Kud's Route(MAJOR SPOILERS):

Ah, nevermind, after playing some of Rins' route, I realized that I won't be anymore Kud crazed than I am right now, and I would probably get the most out of KW by playing now...

Spoiler for BIG Difference between the routes (Kuds' Routes, MAJOR SPOILERS, I suggest you read the original if you don't want to find out the differences in the original and EX):

Last edited by Ceral; 2010-09-11 at 12:27. Reason: Answer my own question
Old 2010-10-20, 20:09   Link #583
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Thoughts on Little Busters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
That said, i would suggest you do continue for a while. Personally i haven't finished all the routes yet (though i do know what to expect from all of them), but i can say that Komari's route is probably the weakest of them all, and a fair bit of people seem less than impressed with it, so you are not alone in the crowd there. Kudo's was not all that impressive either, though it did have some nice parts ... not the end though.

If you want to see how it handles more emotional stuff, i suggest you go for Haruka's route - which is a quite emotional ride from beginning to end, and probably the most emotion-inducting of LB routes. Yuiko's is not bad on that aspect as well, and Mio's route has a pretty nice melancholic mood to it.

All that said, are you going to enjoy LB ? I am not sure, and neither can anyone else be - just don't give up on the game yet. It is no masterpiece, but it is generally quite good enough, you just happened to stumble in to worst of it from the get go
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The routes are "disappointing" if you have too much expectations.
From a neutral point of view, if you cast aside Kudo and Komari, the rest is pretty fine, so long you have an interest/fancy about the character.
Forgive me for necro'ing this old thread again. I just finished Refrain and I need an outlet for the passion I have for this game . On the contrary, I found Kud and Komari to be my two favorite routes(Besides Refrain of course). Refrain really is awesome, and I thought because of it's focus on friendship, the game ended up having a considerably different feel than Key's past works. The writing for refrain was awesome, I ended up liking the male characters more than some of the girl characters, that was certainly unexpected.
Spoiler for Babble about Jun Maeda :P:

So after finishing refrain, I removed my self-imposed ban from reading posts and the wiki on Little Busters! , much to my chagrin, I see that Kud and Komari aren't very popular here? Without knowledge of other's rankings or any sort of major spoiler, I actually found Kud's and Komari's routes to be my favorite of all the individual routes. I won't lie, I did find Komari's route to be a little sluggish in the middle and her "always happy personality" to start to get a bit bland during the route. So if I had to ask myself why I liked her route so much, I would probably say:

Spoiler for Spoiler for Komari, Refrain, and Clannad:

Kurugaya's scenario was actually one of the biggest surprises, I ended up liking her more than I expected. I knew absolutely nothing about her scenario, I don't think I even knew the character existed before I started playing, her personality was actually pretty funny and I enjoyed a lot of her jokes. Like a lot of you, I didn't have the concrete feeling, or full understanding of why she felt like she was robot-like. I actually thought she was one of the more sane ones! I mean with Mio being so taciturn, Haruka being perpetually loud, Komari always being 200% optimistic, and Rin being so inept at communicating with others, I think I would have bought the scenario of "I lack emotions and empathy" from almost any of the other characters if written in the right way, even more so than Kurugaya!
Spoiler for Kurugaya:

I am probably a bit biased to Kud, I've always adored Kuds' character design before I even started playing, so I've always been curious about her. Also with Kud Wafter out(I only started playing LB two months ago), I had the sequel in mind and probably put in extra effort in trying to remember her scenario. So I actually had very high expectations for her character, for better or for worse(If I didn't like her scenario, I'd probably be yelling right now). High expectations are usually a recipe for disaster, but Kud's route ended up being my favorite individual route, she met my expectations. What really sold me, was really just her character, of course she's very cute on the outside, but her reactions, were just too perfect! During her route, she always knew when to be surprised/angry/sad/embarassed/happy/romantic/shy.
Spoiler for Kud:

Haruka and Mio were my two least favorite routes. My first impression of Haruka, was that I loved her character design, she seemed so... pretty-cute... so... for lack of a better word, girly. I thought about pursuing her route first, but then her loudness got on my nerves and I found her shouting minimally amusing most of the time. Her storyline was indeed very angsty, but I was lacking the feeling that I genuinely cared for this character. The storyline seemed to drag as well, her route seemed to be like 5 times longer than Kurugaya's!
Spoiler for Haruka, Kurugaya:
I found Mio to be boring during common route, I felt the writing tried too hard to be romantic at the wrong times. Still, when I went for her route, I actually started to warm up to her, at least for awhile. I found her BL jokes to be pretty hilarious. I thought the whole sharing an interest in literature was sweet... romantic. Her dead pan humor was OK. If she did more unexpected things, I think I would have liked her character more. But, her scenario, if I had to sum up her scenario in one word, I would have to say...
Spoiler for Mio:

I don't think I am in the minority in this sort of ranking, I finally read the Little Busters wiki that I had forbidden myself to read for the past 3 years , and over there it says that there was some poll done on a Japanese Website? That had Rin, Kud, and Komari ranking in the top heroines of 2007 in that order. To each his own. I guess that's a good thing that there are scenarios available that everyone can like, or at least have a good choice from...

I don't agree with the poll entirely though, because of Rin. I only started to like Rin after Refrain. Throughout the whole novel Rin always felt like she was just part of the background, I never felt that she did anything out of the ordinary, I would say her personality was kind of one dimensional, almost like Masato. I never really liked the pairing of Riki and Rin, they seemed so indifferent and passionless. She never had a will of her own, and always followed Kyousuke. After reading refrain though, I think I ended up liking her, the same way you would end up liking a main character (even if he/she is a little bland) as long as he is involved in a great storyline. I think that her personality was a result of Maeda needing a character to be used as plot device more than the thought that this character's personality would be interesting. He needed a weak willed character that had a lot of room for growth, in that regard Rin is the perfect character. I also think they did a good job in not letting her character be too cute and fall into that sort of Moe stereotype. With her Masato Tsukkomis, and the way she she gets embarassed like shes been scolded, she makes for a unique character, that is for sure.

I still got the after refrain scenario's to go, but so far I would rank the heroines in order of how much I like their personalities+character designs as such: 1. Kud, 2. Kurugaya 3. Rin 4. Komari 5. Mio 6. Haruka. For the scenarios, I enjoyed the scenarios as such: 1. Refrain 2. Kud 3. Komari 4. Kurugaya 5. Rin(If we count her scenario before Refrain as a separate Scenario) 6. Haruka 7. Mio. All in all, great game , I really love the new Key character designs, those chins on the previous Key Games, I never found very attractive. The storylines were a mixed bag, but I enjoyed the common route tremendously, I thought Refrain and some of the storylines were masterpieces as well. Although, for the individual scenarios it took some time to settle in from focusing on nine characters, to only one. This was my first VN that I read entirely from start to finish, I attempted Air/Kanon/Clannad before, but always lost interest due to poor Japanese. I can say that I enjoyed Little Busters! the VN more than I enjoyed the anime versions of Air/Kanon/Clannad. The descriptions, the writing, introduced me to a new world, it felt so surreal at times.

Update: Now that I've had a long period to let my thoughts stew, I actually have significantly different opinions now. Six months later, the most memorable character from LB is actually Komari, I actually find myself wanting to replay some of the scenes when you are getting to know her before her main route. Her character might be a little predictable but for the most part she was very refreshing and her absolute optimism backed up with her reasoning during conversations made her a very intelligent and original character, I thought. Refrain was very good and very climactic, but after distancing myself from the ending, I actually feel Kud's route with the updated scenes from EX was the most "Gripping" route. I would actually say right now my favorite routes were 1. Kud, 2. Common Route 3. Komari, 4. Refrain, 5. Kurugaya. The common route was such a joy to play. Kud and Komari's route both ended with a big bang, but I felt Komari's route had too many lulls. However, when I think about characters fom LB, definitely I think that Komari was the most interesting one, her theories on happiness and her cheerful personality are the characters traits i remember most out of all of the chracters of LB. Kud's shyness, insecurity, kindness, and awkward weirdness (Especially the weirdness!) are things that I enjoyed most at the time I read LB. Maybe playing Kud Wafter, since the weirdness, which I thought made her so funny and charming in LB, seem to be gone in KW, influenced my change of opinion... As of now I would rank my favorite characters (Judging by most memorable + most enjoyable) 1. Komari, 2. Kud, 3. Kurugaya, 4. Rin, 5. Mio (Beats out Haruka from the BL jokes), 6. Haruka.

Also, for those of you who have trouble reading Japanese, but want to read Little Busters! I suggest you use denshi jisho's website, and play in windowed mode. Just stick the webpage above the text, and use kanji by radicals. Once you get comfortable with the radicals, you'll be able translate fairly quickly, enough to be interested in the text and hold your train of thought. In my own experience after doing enough searching by radicals, I started to understand the meanings for the kanji that get repeated and then the pronunciations should follow. You'll find many of the writers like to use the same words as well. Not as good as studying in earnest, but much more interesting :P, I definitely improved my Japanese more in two months reading the VN over taking two months worth of classes, just because of the sheer volume that I spend reading the VN.

Last edited by Ceral; 2011-06-02 at 07:23. Reason: Updated My Thoughts
Old 2010-10-20, 23:24   Link #584
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

If I remember correctly, the writer of Haruka's route were the same one who wrote Kud's.

Spoiler for Haruka route:
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 03:13   Link #585
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

Ahh, that's interesting. Strange. I would think if they were the same writers, I would be able to have emphathized better with Haruka.
Spoiler for Haruka & Kud:
Old 2010-10-21, 09:43   Link #586
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
Ahh, that's interesting. Strange. I would think if they were the same writers, I would be able to have emphathized better with Haruka.
Spoiler for Haruka & Kud:
Spoiler:
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-21, 20:49   Link #587
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Maeda Jun is I believe one of the co-founders of Key and is member of the leadership. He does the best music, AND did the best of all the writing in Key's games. Being incredibly good in one craft is one thing, but this guy is genius for both music and story. Truly remarkable.
Old 2010-11-18, 16:37   Link #588
Watanuki-kun

Little Busters plot summaries

Hi, I wanted to ask if anybody could make a detailed plot summary on Kud's route, Mio's route, Haruka's route and the Refrain (not in ecstasy, in the original game).
I need these summaries because there is no translation in them in the game and I really want to know all the plots of the games (and of course the Refrain)' so I'll be happy if anyone could help me.
Thank you very much
Watanuki-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 17:28   Link #589
Nihokon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watanuki-kun View Post
I need these summaries because there is no translation in them in the game
TLwiki's translation will be finished sooner or later anyway. Why bother spoiling the fun?
Nihokon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 00:08   Link #590
Watanuki-kun

Hi, I just wanted the plot of these routes because I can't wait for the translation to finish, I just play the game in Japanese and then read the plot of the route that I played so I would understand the plot of the game.
Old 2010-12-05, 15:00   Link #591
Watanuki-kun

Capture Kurugaya

Hi,
I finished Komari's route, and now I want to head to the next route which is translated-Kurugaya's route.
I tried for a whole day to capture Kurugaya's route without a success. I even looked for walkthroughs, but they didn't work either. So, I wanted to ask if anyone could help me in capturing Kurugaya's route.

Thank you very much
Old 2010-12-05, 15:23   Link #592
Jze0
Hmmm...

To be honest its quite easy to get into Kurugaya's route (or any of the other characters for that matter). Just like with any of the other girls all you have to do is pay attention to her and ignore the rest. If your not sure if any of the chooses lead to meeting Kurugaya, just choose and if she not the first character you meet go back to previous choose and choose again (remember not all chooses go to her).

Now, once your in her route, heres the tricky part. You can't make one bad choose or the game ends right away for you. Look at my previous post in this thread and you should reach the end smoothly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jze0 View Post
I ran into that problem too but the object to get into the Kurugaya route is to not let her know what is happening with you. Go back to the last choose you did and chose other option and you'll see what I mean. If it happens again along the route then go back to that previous choose and chose the other again until the end. I hope that helps.
Old 2010-12-05, 17:18   Link #593
Watanuki-kun

Never mind, I tried again and succeeded in getting to her ending, but thank you for your reply
Old 2010-12-06, 15:36   Link #594
Matheson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watanuki-kun View Post
Never mind, I tried again and succeeded in getting to her ending, but thank you for your reply
I'm having trouble with her route. If you can, could you please put the decisions for her route starting on the 14th (in a spoiler tag)? That would help me so much!
Matheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 22:23   Link #595
Matheson

Never mind, I got it working.

If anyone wants to know the how to get to the routes for the heroines that have been translated by TLWiki, just PM me and I'll send you a message with the decisions that you should make. This way it will be easy for everyone.
Matheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 01:03   Link #596
alpha69

anyone have a complete save for LB? not EX.
I want to play Kurugaya's route with the true ending, I've already played LB completely using ATLAS so I already know the "secret of the world" so no risk of spoiling, just back then I never knew there was another ending to Kurugaya's route so I didn't play it again after finishing Refrain =D

On another note... God... I can't wait for Mio's route to be translated, it's so close.... 88% D:
alpha69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 14:30   Link #597
9Fires

Hi guys
i have two questions about the komari route
(i use the EX ver. + translation patch 3.1).
Spoiler for komari route:

What does that mean ??

and the second question
Spoiler for bad end:

and thx for answers
9Fires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 14:37   Link #598
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Fires View Post
and the second question
Spoiler for bad end:
An effect of the translation patch on the EX version is that it removes all EX content, including H-scenes. Among other issues.
Old 2010-12-07, 15:00   Link #599
9Fires

nooooo

but thx for your reply

is the saya route removed as well ?
is there any chance to fix this ?

Spoiler for bad end:

Is there another bad end i don't found yet?
9Fires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 15:05   Link #600
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Fires View Post
nooooo

but thx for your reply

is the saya route removed as well ?
is there any chance to fix this ?
The translators currently plan to do a patch that works for EX (including the new characters' routes) after they have completed the full 100% patch for vanilla LB!. Until they get to it, there is no solution that any of us have found (and shared).

Tags
bishoujo, ero-game, eroge, key, pc game, visual novel