AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-12, 11:13   Link #1001
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap1001 View Post
I kind of expected that, since the source isn't dark anyway. I don't think kantai had the potential to begin with, touhou had it because some of its elements were truly terrifying (the gap, cursed books, belief, eating human, large number of hell, etc.) but kantai doesn't really have these. So the best is probably cute girl doing cute things with some action, worst case scenario you actually might have an admiral harem, but most likely it would turn into something like idol master anime.
Which have the male character constantly blocked with a p sign.
A harem anime isn't bad. A bad anime is bad no matter what it is.

Heck, most of the good doujin out there are harem based antic.
Old 2014-06-12, 11:15   Link #1002
Death Usagi
Banned

Worst scenario I am expecting is that either Kaga or Akagi sinks, then later is found out they have turned into a Wo-class where they fight each other. This kind of concept was already used in several doujins but I won't be surprised if such thing happens in the anime.
Old 2014-06-12, 11:16   Link #1003
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

Well I guess that's true, harem just usually have more bad stuff than anything else so people have a relatively low expectation for it.
Probably not going to expect much beyond moe and cute stuff, who's animating anyway?
Old 2014-06-12, 11:18   Link #1004
Death Usagi
Banned

I don't really want a harem anime happening here...
Old 2014-06-12, 11:24   Link #1005
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

And I want yuri-harem here
Old 2014-06-12, 11:27   Link #1006
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

Yuri would rule the world! - Anime Quote of the year
Old 2014-06-12, 11:29   Link #1007
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
But the goddamn question is

WHAT KIND OF ADMIRAL ARE WE GETTING?!!!
Likely someone like Broducer from Idolm@ster. He is the kind your average japanese kancolle fan would identify themselves with.
Old 2014-06-12, 11:32   Link #1008
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

They can always have an "invisible" admiral: girls talking "towards the admiral" by facing the screen, and interpretating what they say.
That would fix the problem about the type and even the gender of the admiral.
Old 2014-06-12, 11:33   Link #1009
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
And I want yuri-harem here
Fubuki sounds like your usual harem MC, so this is the most likely scenario. Probably using the other starters as members if the purpose is to promote the game.
Old 2014-06-12, 12:32   Link #1010
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
They can always have an "invisible" admiral: girls talking "towards the admiral" by facing the screen, and interpreting what they say.
But but... I want my Kyon-like Admiral voiced by Tomokazu Sugita D:
Old 2014-06-12, 12:43   Link #1011
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

They could just keep the Admiral's identity a secret throughout, even to the Kanmusu themselves. Or at least the majority of them except the secretary ship, who could always go, "It's a military secret~" and leave everyone guessing until the credits roll, the ED sung and the question never to rise again after that =3

Also, while Klashikari has a good point about an anime that deconstructs the series, I feel that the fanbase, especially the ones who actually play the game, might still be able to accept a less pleasant interpretation of the series' premises, a bit grudgingly.

After all, before the official explanations came out, fans were left to contend that Kanmusu are cannibalized during modernisation and murdered in cold blood when scrapped. Even now, the idea persists, either in a comical manner or in guro doujins that delights in misery. And of course, there's always the nagging question whether the Abyssmal ships are in fact fallen and corrupted Kanmusu back to haunt their former nakama.

... In fact, while I'm not opposed to a generally happy Kancolle anime, I would like to see the Abyssmal = "Undead" Kanmusu idea worked out in one =3. A mix of sunshine and gloom, with a spectacular clash of the elements at the climax, is what I think a good Kancolle anime can be =3

Signature by liro
Old 2014-06-12, 13:00   Link #1012
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
...is "deconstruction" such a buzzword nowadays?
No offense, but knowing the fanbase of the game, the purpose of the game and whatnot, making a deconstruction series would be anything but a good idea. In fact, most wouldn't really like that, exactly because the series doesn't take itself that seriously to begin with.

The series itself is based on military antics and moe attribute, so involving grimdark stuff would be absolutely nonsensical and out of the blue.
That's like expecting Aria and the likes with wastelands and whatnot: completely against the essence of the actual series.
I guess it just depends on preference. I can only talk about what pulls me personally to KanColle, if it is different to most people, it's okay. I just like dark stories with up-lifting moment and well-developed characters, which is why I'm such huge Touhou fan.
Old 2014-06-12, 13:09   Link #1013
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
They could just keep the Admiral's identity a secret throughout, even to the Kanmusu themselves. Or at least the majority of them except the secretary ship, who could always go, "It's a military secret~" and leave everyone guessing until the credits roll, the ED sung and the question never to rise again after that =3

Also, while Klashikari has a good point about an anime that deconstructs the series, I feel that the fanbase, especially the ones who actually play the game, might still be able to accept a less pleasant interpretation of the series' premises, a bit grudgingly.

After all, before the official explanations came out, fans were left to contend that Kanmusu are cannibalized during modernisation and murdered in cold blood when scrapped. Even now, the idea persists, either in a comical manner or in guro doujins that delights in misery. And of course, there's always the nagging question whether the Abyssmal ships are in fact fallen and corrupted Kanmusu back to haunt their former nakama.

... In fact, while I'm not opposed to a generally happy Kancolle anime, I would like to see the Abyssmal = "Undead" Kanmusu idea worked out in one =3. A mix of sunshine and gloom, with a spectacular clash of the elements at the climax, is what I think a good Kancolle anime can be =3
Yeah, the anime I am hoping is Kanmusu vs Shinkaisei-kan but starts out in a funny, fresh manner but then things get a bit dark at the end.
Old 2014-06-12, 13:12   Link #1014
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Yeah, the anime I am hoping is Kanmusu vs Shinkaisei-kan but starts out in a funny, fresh manner but then things get a bit dark at the end.
So Madoka Magica style? Fuck yeah. I'd pay to see that. Bait-and-switch kind of stories are great.
Old 2014-06-12, 13:26   Link #1015
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Slow down, guys. Nothing is said yet about the tone of the anime. It's the silence of the staff that is worrying.
Old 2014-06-12, 13:28   Link #1016
Pablete
Banned

I don't mind harem fleet.
Why?

I saw the fleet competing over who is going to get the Marriage Ring from Admiral.

Of course, lots of hilarity ensues and lots of exp farming with Wo-chan being the victim of the abuse .

BROducer(Idolmaster) type of Admiral.

Japan would like the guy and I find it easier to self insert themselves.
Quote:
They can always have an "invisible" admiral: girls talking "towards the admiral" by facing the screen, and interpretating what they say.
Not happening,though, when was the last time something like that happened in anime?

Last edited by Pablete; 2014-06-12 at 14:11.
Old 2014-06-13, 07:24   Link #1017
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post
I saw the fleet competing over who is going to get the Marriage Ring from Admiral.

Of course, lots of hilarity ensues and lots of exp farming with Wo-chan being the victim of the abuse .
Or during the struggle, the Marriage Ring fall into the sea... and got picked up by one of the Abyssals girls.
Old 2014-06-13, 12:11   Link #1018
Chiu_fan
Panzer Vor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Or during the struggle, the Marriage Ring fall into the sea... and got picked up by one of the Abyssals girls.
Like this?
Old 2014-06-13, 13:57   Link #1019
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Slow down, guys. Nothing is said yet about the tone of the anime. It's the silence of the staff that is worrying.
I'd pay to have anything with the tone of that "Gadget Trial" game. It's kinda the same concept with Kancolle, and the humor is quite good for me. Not to mention the main char, a Major, is also voiced by Sugita.
Old 2014-06-13, 21:34   Link #1020
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ap1001 View Post
Yuri would RUIN the world! - Anime Quote of the year
Fixed for you.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Closed Thread

Tags
ship girls