AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-02-19, 21:24   Link #6081
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
I swear you're setting yourself up for this.

Also, the priestess does in fact have control over the Elemental Lord. That's how she was able to calm him. Rubia needed a Priestess so that she could use the Demon Lord as a weapon. Claire was able to calm Kamito in the middle of a berserker rampage through her power. She can't order him around like a puppet, but he'll still listen to her instinctively. And considering he wasn't exactly sane, it may as well be the same thing.
If they can control the lord, why the hell did rinslet sister got froze anyway.
Quote:

What do you mean, the darkness surged again? He didn't give into the darkness, he kicked Rubias ass up between her ears. Unless of course you were referring to when he almost gets infected in the throne room. In which case you really do need to reread, because that was the Otherwordly Darkness (is that its official title now?) which is completely separate from the one already inside him.
read again, the otherwordly darkness is simply the trigger for the dark lord inside Kamito to woke up.

Quote:
I'm not even really sure what this means. Are you arguing she isn't a good tactician? Granted she isn't Sun Tzu or anything, but Kamitos idea of strategy is basically "rawwr, smashity". She designs all their formations and keeps a team that was basically thrown together at the last moment from falling to pieces in battle. She's much better at it than anyone on the team.

For the negotiator part, I don't really recall this coming up much, outside of the thing with Milla. Again, Kamito was trained as an assassin, not a diplomat, so his general method would be "steal, kill, run away" as opposed to compromise. Compared to that, Claire was raised as the daughter of an important official and has likely received at least some training in that regard.
the ability to back it up is also part of strategy, and btw, being assasin need to calculate timing, distance and evaluate, Kamito have perform this feat back in the story where he tried to kill the dusk witch as well as protect her house, you can see that he's cool headed enough to evaluate his target capability. Claire in other hand, rush at the giant spirit simply because it's strong, going to the military spirit without a single spirit, a good tactician never have these idea in mind in the 1st place. She also didn't have a concrete goal, is her goal revenge or clear the misunderstanding ??? what do she exactly need power for?? what will she do when she have power ?? oh please, if talking about diplomat, i'd say every single girl is daughter of official, and the only remain is the attitude and emotional control.

Quote:
I'll be honest, this sounded like a convoluted dig at her being a tsundere. She does get overly emotional (so do all the girls) but that hasn't stopped her from doing her job.
dig all in my post recently whether once i ever criticized her personality , i was one of those people who defend her when this thread was only about 6 -10 pages, and getting emotional and letting it's interfered with decision making ability is 2 very different things.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 21:48   Link #6082
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
If they can control the lord, why the hell did rinslet sister got froze anyway.
Because that one was insane. Remember how everyone was praising Rubia for calming the Fire Lords (AVATAR!!!!!) rage? As the Princess Maiden Priestess for him, she was able to influence his behavior. Again, it isn't complete control, but even when insane they instinctively listen to their priestess.

For example, even if Claire was still brainwashed, she couldn't have stopped Kamito from killing Rubia w/o waking him up. However, she could have aimed him at the other Elemental Lords and pulled the trigger.

Quote:
read again, the otherwordly darkness is simply the trigger for the dark lord inside Kamito to woke up.
No, the demon lord is a completely separate entity from the Otherworldly Darkness. Restia had been corrupted, but she was just the guide. The Demon Lord was six kinds of crazy all on its own. The Otherworldly Darkness is the stuff Kamito saw in the throne room.

Otherwordly Darkness >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Demon Lord. That wasn't Kamitos darkness surging up, it was something completely independent from him, and much, much worse.

Quote:
the ability to back it up is also part of strategy, and btw, being assasin need to calculate timing, distance and evaluate, Kamito have perform this feat back in the story where he tried to kill the dusk witch as well as protect her house, you can see that he's cool headed enough to evaluate his target capability. Claire in other hand, rush at the giant spirit simply because it's strong, going to the military spirit without a single spirit, a good tactician never have these idea in mind in the 1st place. She also didn't have a concrete goal, is her goal revenge or clear the misunderstanding ??? what do she exactly need power for?? what will she do when she have power ?? oh please, if talking about diplomat, i'd say every single girl is daughter of official, and the only remain is the attitude and emotional control.
WTF are you on about? Kamito's strategy for the Dusk Witch was "wait till alone, insert sword in back". Which failed completely. And he was completely incapable of judging her capability. He didn't realize how much stronger she was till she stomped him. Besides, that has nothing to do with actual strategic planning of a full-on battle.

Claire was nearly insane with power-lust when she attacked the ghost spirit. This is noted by several characters as abnormal behavior.

When fighting the Military spirit, she saved Kamitos life while he was spacing out. And she was able to summon Scarlet for the battle, not to mention that Kamito did most of the fighting anyway.

Also, all these questions about her motivations means you really haven't read this. Or at least not for a long time. Her motivation was clearly stated from the beginning: Find Rubia and demand answers. That's the only wish she expressed, and she maintained it until it was fulfilled.

Quote:
dig all in my post recently whether once i ever criticized her personality , i was one of those people who defend her when this thread was only about 6 -10 pages, and getting emotional and letting it's interfered with decision making ability is 2 very different things.
When did it interfere with her decision making capability? She hasn't lost it during battle except when confronted with Rubia, and even then she shook it off fast enough to save Fianna.
Old 2014-02-26, 18:03   Link #6083
iAkuma

Any idea or prediction on who'll be the next cover?
iAkuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 23:27   Link #6084
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAkuma View Post
Any idea or prediction on who'll be the next cover?
Fianna/Rinslet.
Old 2014-03-05, 10:06   Link #6085
zerodragon

has anyone seen the new volume cover? other volume covers for this month have been released, what about this one?
new edit: it seems the new volume was delayed again for the second month in a row.

Last edited by zerodragon; 2014-03-05 at 10:18.
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 12:29   Link #6086
Chris38

^ That's bad

I hope nothing serious has happened to the author of this novel
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 12:46   Link #6087
cloud04
Scanlator

btw

whats this
just vol 3 cover of manga?
Old 2014-03-05, 13:06   Link #6088
b10nutz

We can only hope everything is okay and that we will get the new volume soon.
b10nutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 20:47   Link #6089
n0m@n
C-Z

...Its so sad popular series get delayed so often in MF.
Old 2014-03-05, 20:58   Link #6090
Kioras

Well, considering they are doing prep work with the anime, the author probably got tied up working with the anime team more then they expected.

Releases often slow up with multiple projects.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 21:18   Link #6091
omegasereon

Noooo delayed again?
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-06, 03:30   Link #6092
Fenrisulfr
私たち”友達”だから

Can't say I didn't see this coming since the title of the volume still hasn't been released, at least we got the anime info this month though.
Fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 05:22   Link #6093
yugi12301

guys, is it just me or the manga's art seems arkward, restia and est looks so evil, and kamito just look kinda funny,
p/s: what have they done to my restia,nooooo (
yugi12301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 23:14   Link #6094
Tohno Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by yugi12301 View Post
guys, is it just me or the manga's art seems arkward, restia and est looks so evil, and kamito just look kinda funny,
p/s: what have they done to my restia,nooooo (
Just bear with it bro That's how Hyouju Issei works
Tohno Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 23:22   Link #6095
cloud04
Scanlator

got used to it..it has some cute moments
Old 2014-03-17, 00:13   Link #6096
Chris38

Well, I recently looked on the mf bunko j site, and from the looks of it, volume 13 has just been delayed by a single month.

The new release date is the 25 of April 2014 and I'm keeping my fingers crossed so that it won't be delayed by another month
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-17, 00:48   Link #6097
Hokoga

^I kept my fingers crossed last month, still wasn't enough apparently.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-22, 02:26   Link #6099
cloud04
Scanlator

o.o ellis looks..thinner
so blade summer anime..i think madan will be as well
Old 2014-03-22, 03:31   Link #6100
ImperialFlameGod8190

gotta admit they are a lot flatter than I thought except for claire
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap