AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2011-07-03, 00:24   Link #8261
HasuMasu
*Artist

character luka gained a level!

charm up + 10

great chapter

she is awesome
Old 2011-07-03, 00:34   Link #8262
Sol Falling

327: That was a sweet promise and all, but what're you gonna do when that wish forces you to go against one of your other loyalties, Hayate?

Harem-wise, Luca has the potential to be a real dark horse. I am kinda dying just to see her start to get to know the other girls, though. This chapter is pretty much the starting line, I guess. Not much ecchi, not much comedy, but at least it had some plot significance.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 01:49   Link #8263
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

hmm.... another debt-girl in hayate's life.....
now I'm sure that Hayate will get harem-end..... there are already Nagi, A-tan, Hinagiku, and Luca in his life....
If Luca told Hayate to stay in her side forever.... then harem-end already decided since he has told same thing to other girls as well
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 03:23   Link #8264
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
I keep having this feeling that Hayate's parents somehow convinced Suirenji's parents to reach a similar deal they used to sel Hayate. Luca said, some chapters ago, that ome people tricked her parents.........and I wouldnt put it past what we have seen of his parents.

Thats just me though, someone else ptobably already had the theory already.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 06:08   Link #8265
Mentar
Banned

So who are the 151-Million debt kids?

1) Hayate
2) Hina and Yukiji
3) Luca

Who else?

When it happened to Hina/Yukiji, I thought it might only be a jest to give Hina a temporary explanation for her attraction. But now it's extremely likely that the debts originate from the same source...
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 06:55   Link #8266
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

... You think they're all siblings?

So... Hayate x Hina... Incest, or Wincest?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 08:18   Link #8267
madmac

Quote:
Harem-wise, Luca has the potential to be a real dark horse. I am kinda dying just to see her start to get to know the other girls, though. This chapter is pretty much the starting line, I guess. Not much ecchi, not much comedy, but at least it had some plot significance.
I can't bring myself to think that the girl introduced six years into the story really has a chance (Harem ending aside, and I don't expect that either) but she certainly has the potential to shake things up.

As such, I'm guessing she'll call in her promise sooner rather then later. I feel like Luca is more a critically important character to this arc then a long termer. She was originally introduced as being extremely important to Nagi as well, even though it's easy to forget with all the Hayate/Luca focus over the last dozen chapters or so.

Quote:

1) Hayate
2) Hina and Yukiji
3) Luca

Who else?

When it happened to Hina/Yukiji, I thought it might only be a jest to give Hina a temporary explanation for her attraction. But now it's extremely likely that the debts originate from the same source...
The Hina/Yukiji debt was smaller, but point taken. Hata did say he'd reveal more about that background later on. (In the "fall" portion of the manga, which just lends weight to my theory that it will end around Christmas time)

Most of the mystery there is with Yukiji, I think. Hina was just a little girl at the time but I definitely think there's a number of things Yukiji never told her about it.

Last edited by madmac; 2011-07-03 at 11:11.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 21:06   Link #8268
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post

1) Hayate
2) Hina and Yukiji
3) Luca

Who else?

Mikado, obviously. You see, he's trying to get a group of 12 who will then have to fight among each other for the inheritance since they are all really his children via different mothers. At which time the "Combat Butler" portion kicks into high gear and this becomes a true Seinen story...

I "hope" I'm wrong about this, but I could almost see it happening.
Old 2011-07-03, 21:39   Link #8269
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
Mikado, obviously. You see, he's trying to get a group of 12 who will then have to fight among each other for the inheritance since they are all really his children via different mothers. At which time the "Combat Butler" portion kicks into high gear and this becomes a true Seinen story...

Jeez, that would really ruin the story.... I mean, we're basically discussing an incest harem here
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 01:19   Link #8270
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post

And the true inheritance is a Gold Saint's armor? Well, Hayate did almost use his burning Cosmo against Yukiji that one time...
Old 2011-07-04, 05:37   Link #8271
AnimeFangirl

I thought that was straight-up filler?
Old 2011-07-04, 08:06   Link #8272
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
... You think they're all siblings?

So... Hayate x Hina... Incest, or Wincest?
I thought they are all around the same age? So it's impossible unless all of them are identical siblings
Old 2011-07-04, 10:19   Link #8273
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I thought they are all around the same age? So it's impossible unless all of them are identical siblings
Well, basically someone is saying that Mikado had impregnated several people at around the same time.....

Scary thoughts
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 13:35   Link #8274
AnimeFangirl

Off-topic, but I know a guy who has four children who were born in the same year, all from different women.

Still it would be a beyond-lame plot twist so thank goodness Hata isn't going in that direction.
Old 2011-07-04, 23:57   Link #8275
Used Can

It'd the funny if, by the end, they're all actually related.

The largest incestuous harem known to man.
Old 2011-07-05, 02:09   Link #8276
AnimeFangirl

It would be like the FF8 orphanage plot twist all over again. I don't even want to think about it.
Old 2011-07-05, 03:37   Link #8277
Mentar
Banned

No, that's not what I meant. They can't be the same _parents_, because otherwise the kids would have known about each other.

I do wonder though if whoever/whatever lent the money might be the same, or if the activity which caused the huge debt would have been the same. Anyone/anything behind that? Mikado might actually be a good theory.

Look at it that way: All the kids with huge debts and abandoned by their parents have been exceptionally capable in some aspect. Hayate the invincible. Ruka the awesome star. Hina the fighter of justice. Heck, even Yukiji is amazing in her own way.

It was just an observation that if this is a mere coincidence, it's a strange one.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 05:31   Link #8278
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
No, that's not what I meant. They can't be the same _parents_, because otherwise the kids would have known about each other.

I do wonder though if whoever/whatever lent the money might be the same, or if the activity which caused the huge debt would have been the same. Anyone/anything behind that? Mikado might actually be a good theory.

Look at it that way: All the kids with huge debts and abandoned by their parents have been exceptionally capable in some aspect. Hayate the invincible. Ruka the awesome star. Hina the fighter of justice. Heck, even Yukiji is amazing in her own way.

It was just an observation that if this is a mere coincidence, it's a strange one.
Ah... but all their parents could very well not be their real parents!
Old 2011-07-05, 09:00   Link #8279
Shadow5YA

It's pretty obvious that Mikado along with whoever he's working with set them up. He certainly set Hayate up, so it's not a stretch to imagine the others did as well.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-05, 15:29   Link #8280
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It's pretty obvious that Mikado along with whoever he's working with set them up. He certainly set Hayate up, so it's not a stretch to imagine the others did as well.
I don't remember any indication he had anything to do with Hayate before he met Nagi. (Except indirectly, by way of Athena.)

Quote:
Hina didn't repay the debt, Yukiji did. (The only one among the kids to do so, for all her present problems with money...) So clearly, if she puts in the effort and is ready to risk her life, she's quite capable.

Tags
comedy, shounen