AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-10-19, 10:40   Link #4461
Vice Granscenic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vice Granscenic View Post
4) StrikerS. Why marked SS? Same as A'S.
From S-rang to S/SS? From A-rang to S?
I mean, why marked capital letter (S) in the word (S)triker(S) and last (S).
Same to (A)'(S).

As for "Divine", it's possible to use in holy/religious sense?
Old 2015-10-19, 11:36   Link #4462
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
I mean, why marked capital letter (S) in the word (S)triker(S) and last (S).
Same to (A)'(S).
It could be part magical girl anime reference (to Sailor Moon R/SuperS), and part a nod to the mage ranks of Nanoha, Fate, and possibly Hayate at the time of the series in question.

But I can't be sure.

Quote:
As for "Divine", it's possible to use in holy/religious sense?
Yes...?

I'm not sure where you're headed with this.
Old 2015-10-19, 11:46   Link #4463
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Divine(as sky) or Divine(as sacred/holy)?
I think you're confusing "Heaven" with "Divine".
Old 2015-10-19, 13:03   Link #4464
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
The Book of Darkness isn't really dead per se. The Book of the Night Sky that Hayate carries -- and remains the master of -- is the current form of what used to be called the Book of Darkness. What died was the Defense Program, and then the primary program (which Hayate named "Reinforce"). It seems implied that Hayate had to recover portions of the book manually -- such as the creation of Reinforce Zwei -- in order to have her power work as expected.

That's at least partially me/fanon theorycrafting, though. The part I can say for sure to your question is that you're right: if she can use "Diabolic Emission", she probably has access to all of the spells we ever saw the Book or Defense Program use.
While you're correct about the destruction of both the Automatic Defense Program and the Administrative Program Reinforce, the current book that Hayate carries is not actually what's left of the original Tome of the Night Sky, which was destroyed along with Reinforce. From what we know of supplementary materials, it's just a custom Storage Device modeled after it, and custom because all other attempts of getting Hayate a Storage Device after A's resulted in them melting down due to the sheer amount of magical power Hayate has. As far as we know, no component of the original Tome was used in this Device's construction.

Reinforce Zwei's creation was due to information left by Reinforce Eins in Hayate's Linker Core, and not recovered fragments of the original Tome. Part of Hayate's Linker Core was used in Rein's creation.
Old 2015-11-15, 12:32   Link #4465
Vice Granscenic

1) In A’S when Chrono first meet Shamal, aka “freeze, drop your device and surrender”, he thought, she is meister Book of Darkness?

2) Wolkenritter armor half-magically, half-physically? I mean, Hayate buy them clothes, so knights fused it with their magic. If , let’s say Vita, lose her hat completely, when she detransform-transform, her hat not reappear? So, Vita need physically create\buy new hat? Example hat, but the same applies to dress\or other piece of armor-clothing.

3) Heli JF704\705, JF-what are the letters?
Also interesting to know, on the right side of the heli, something looking like aerogun, on the left side-rocket launcher. It’s never shoot, so it just decoration? Or something else?
Old 2015-11-15, 12:43   Link #4466
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

For your first question, unlikely. As the Bureau has engaged the Wolkenritter in battle before, they're probably aware that Shamal is one of the four Wolkenritter. As Chrono has a vested interest in the Book of Darkness case and immediately recognized the Book of Darkness on sight, he'd be aware of that detail.
Old 2015-11-15, 15:23   Link #4467
fallendrgmaster

Quote:
1) In A’S when Chrono first meet Shamal, aka “freeze, drop your device and surrender”, he thought, she is meister Book of Darkness?

2) Wolkenritter armor half-magically, half-physically? I mean, Hayate buy them clothes, so knights fused it with their magic. If , let’s say Vita, lose her hat completely, when she detransform-transform, her hat not reappear? So, Vita need physically create\buy new hat? Example hat, but the same applies to dress\or other piece of armor-clothing.

3) Heli JF704\705, JF-what are the letters?
Also interesting to know, on the right side of the heli, something looking like aerogun, on the left side-rocket launcher. It’s never shoot, so it just decoration? Or something else?
2) Barrier Jackets are magical, Hayate designed the knights armors, but they use their magic to manifest it. Damage to a barrier jacket can be reformed by expending magic but most times the mages will not take the action in combat. You see several instances of the barrier jackets being repaired when mages help another recover or when Signum repairs Vita's hat.

3) No clue about that numbers but Helicopter's equipment is likely something else other than a rocket launcher and gun as Midchilda does not use physical projectile weaponry.
Old 2015-11-15, 15:59   Link #4468
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Actually, the Bureau DOES use some mass weapony, as seen with Runessa, who needs a special permit for the pistol she wields. Such weapons appear to be rare and strictly regulated, though. Given that the majority of enemies fought in StrikerS happen to be non-sentient robots, there's a good possibility that those are rocket pods attached to the helicopter, but chances are it's a last-resort weapon and not meant for human targets.
Old 2015-11-15, 19:18   Link #4469
DKN117

One thing I'm wondering for potential crossover purposes: does the "mass-based weaponry" that the Bureau bans and frowns upon consist solely of bullets/projectiles, chemical explosives, and nukes? Or would it also extend to any non-magical weaponry, like blasters, plasma-bolt weapons, particle beams, and the like?
Old 2015-11-15, 19:22   Link #4470
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Huckebein considered the AEC Armaments to be mass-based weaponry, so there's your answer.
Old 2015-11-16, 13:19   Link #4471
green-link94

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
One thing I'm wondering for potential crossover purposes: does the "mass-based weaponry" that the Bureau bans and frowns upon consist solely of bullets/projectiles, chemical explosives, and nukes? Or would it also extend to any non-magical weaponry, like blasters, plasma-bolt weapons, particle beams, and the like?
I was using google translate on the DVD booklets a couple of days ago and it said magical weapon can also fall into the same category as mass weapon i'll dig it up in a bit to confirm.

I'ts the bolded part i think but it's google translate so yeah.
質量兵器.
広義では「 物理効果によって対象を破壊する兵器」 を差すが、 実質は爆薬による大規模爆発を旨とした兵器や化学兵器など、 「 魔力によらず大量破壊を生み出す兵器」 を差す。魔力兵器は「 純粋魔力効果」 によるクリーンかつ、 生命体や建築物に深刻なダメージを与えることなく制圧を行えるものと異なり、 質量兵器は生物· 建造物、 環境を含めて無差別に破壊することから、 管理局は黎明期からこの質量兵器を忌避。 根絶させる動きを行ってきた。 可能なかぎり無血に、 安全に対象を制圧する能力。 それが平和のために管理局が選択した武力であり、 それに答えたのが「 魔法」 というシステムだった。

Mass weapons.
In the broad sense, but refers to "weapons to destroy the target by a physical effect", virtually, such as weapons and chemical weapons was a fact a large explosion caused by explosives, refers to a "weapons that produce mass destruction regardless of the magic." Clean and by magic weapons "pure magic effect", different from the one that can be done the suppression without giving serious damage to life and buildings, mass weapons biological and buildings, be indiscriminately destroyed, including the environment from the management station repelling this mass weapons from the early days. We've been doing the movement to eradicate. In bloodless as possible, and the ability to safely conquer target. It is armed with the selected management station for peace, was a system called "magic" is the answer to it.

Edit. A guy on another forum corrected me on the translation.
Quote:
No, the translation of the bolded part is (probably) wrong; it should be translated as "weapons of mass destruction that are not based on magic", if only because it makes the rest of the article makes no sense at all in the Japanese.

The way I would translate the first line would be:

Mass Weapons
While in broad definition this means "weapons that use physical effects to cause destruction", in reality it is used to point at "weapons that cause massive destruction without the use of magic" such as mass-explosive weapons using (physical) explosives and Chemical Weapons.

*The emphasis on "physical" is mine.

The よらず of can be translated as "regardless", but in this context, doing AによらずB changes the meaning to "doing B without A"...
Though, if you start to split hairs, depending on which kanji よらず is based on, it can mean as the google translate says, though I doubt that given the context.

The context of the rest of the article puts emphasis that Magic Weapons are "Clean", as they cause minimal damage to both living beings and structures, while Mass Weapons cause indiscriminate destruction to life, buildings, and the general environment, and that the TSAB from it's early days have tried to stamp out Mass Weapons. They lean on magic to make suppression of warzones in as safe and bloodless means as possible.

Last edited by green-link94; 2015-11-21 at 08:45. Reason: A guy looked who knew japanese looked at the translation.
Old 2015-11-17, 01:16   Link #4472
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
It's probably a real weapon, just as their tanks have a cannon.

Now, whether they are "magical" weapons...well they already have a magical weapon in the form of the Arc-en-Ciel, so it's not impossible that their other warmachines also use them. That's my headcanon anyway.

Of course, please note that it's just assumption on my part, not WORD OF GOD. Hmmm, did the Nanoha StrikerS booklet had anything regarding the subject?
Old 2015-12-02, 07:00   Link #4473
silveus

I never really understood the reasoning behind the no mass based weapons thing.

The two somewhat reasonable explanations i could come up with all had falws.

1 Magical weapons cause less damage to people and things.

That's clearly not the case. All of the seasons and movies show various mages causing massive damage to things and the enviorment. Granted, i could see a lame explanation of magic is somehow non leathal when used against a living thing, but, physical effects caused my magic most assuredly are not.

One of the mangas, Either A's or strikers, shows nanoha and fate destroiyng drones in an AMF by using telekenisis to throw stones, and by making lightning. A boulder being thrown at a person si gonna squish them just as well as it did the drone.

Likewise, in the first movie, Nanoha's Starlight breaker basically obliterated the city they're fighting in. Even if, in theory the energy was non-leathal, and one standing nearby would be blasted with destroyed building bits.

And i refuse to beleive that Signum's sword or vita's hammer are non leathal. And since Nanoha could swing raising heart with enough force to block and repel a strike from vita, it stands to reason she could break a person in half with a strike.

As a final point here, the whole reason why they went with that whole, "everyone takes a shot" at the book of darkness, was so that they could then teleport it into space so the Arthra could blast it with the Arc-En-Ciel there. Because hitting it while on earth would have been disasterous. The Arc-En-Ciel is most assuredly a weapon of mass destruction.

2 Magic is an extention of a person, and can only be used by that person. Whereas a physical weapn can be used by anyone.

The idea here is that, to go on a killing spree with magic, i'd need to first be powerful mage, and in being a powerful mage, i should know better. Inversely, a child can pick up an uzi and ruin everyone's day.

This is obviously, not the case. The TSAB would be out of buisness if it were. Besides the fact that there would be plenty of people more than willing to do bad things with magic, the problem is there's still magical weapons that are self powered.

Sure, the AEC weapons need to be powered by a mage, putting them out of the range of your drunk crazed dude who lives in the woods. But Precia's experimental reactor could probably be condensed into bomb form easily enough. Jail's drones weren't ground breaking, and were able to work without a mage powering them.

And again, we have the Arc-En-Ciel, which is again, a WMD.

So i don't really get the whole no mass based weapons thing.
Old 2015-12-02, 09:47   Link #4474
green-link94

Magic can be used to do something called "pure magic effect" also called magical damage this type of effect doesn't cause any physical destruction to objects or people. We see this type of attack in epsiode five or six of a's i beleive it was when Shamal used the book of darkness to cast a spell called annihalation lightning with this effect according to the dvd booklets the starlight breaker Reinforce fired at Nanoha and Fate also had this pure magic effect which is why the citys buildings weren't destroyed though a sufficiently strong spell can still be lethal to living beings even if the enviroment isn't destroyed.

And unlike Mass weapons like Chemical, biological or nuclear weapons magical attacks don't leave lasting effects on the enivroment if a nuclear bomb were to explode in a city for example until the radiation disappears you can't resettle it until possibly hundreds of years later, while if a magical weapon were used it might destroy the city if it doesn't utilise the pure magic effect but it will not leave any lasting impact on the enviroment and the city can be rebuilt without fear of after effects.

Weapons like guns(they aren't like real life guns) fall under the mass weapon ban simply because it's a broad definition of weapons that use physical effects to cause destruction. you can get a permit for this kind of weapon not unlike how some real life countries treat having a gun.
Old 2016-02-20, 12:51   Link #4475
TYxTxYT
コピーの雀士

Are the commentary tracks of the movies softsubbed?
Old 2016-02-20, 16:51   Link #4476
green-link94

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYxTxYT View Post
Are the commentary tracks of the movies softsubbed?
As far as i am aware no i've seen some short excerpts around the forum but i don't think it has been fully translated.
Old 2016-02-20, 20:59   Link #4477
TYxTxYT
コピーの雀士

Quote:
Originally Posted by green-link94 View Post
As far as i am aware no i've seen some short excerpts around the forum but i don't think it has been fully translated.
Okay I will start doing 1st then.

Edit: I found a script coded [Autism] on mediafire, I think I will work base on that, saves loads of work.
Can't get in touch with it's translator tho.

Last edited by TYxTxYT; 2016-02-20 at 22:37.
Old 2016-02-22, 18:38   Link #4478
Vice Granscenic

1) Uniform worn by Lindy (captain\admiral) is a barrier jacket?

2) The place where Fate lives(TV-1\Movie 1st), this some room for technicians, or is it just a platform where the ladder ends in a skyscraper?

3) About Nanoha possession of martial arts. Family Martial Arts Style if possible?

She did not know anything about this? At least a minimum.

Because in the Movie 1st, when she practiced with Fate on the roof of the house, Nanoha showed ninja\samurai skill with training\battle staff.

Also, if take into account manga "Nanoha Innocent", where she showed super skills, to pierce soda cup with a spoon, and where Nanoha cuts in half leaves of the tree, with tree branch.

Of course this may can consider it a some kind of fanfiction, but nevertheless.

4) Nanoha capable to use weak\lesser magic without the RH?

In the 1 series A'S, Nanoha used 2 round shield, in left and right hands against Vita, also in beginning she use (Divine Shooter?) single shot without RH on bank of juice.

5) About non-lethal spells.

Am I right if I say that they are not fatal, because the opponents are using the barrier jackets\some armor\field(in the case of Numbers).

Well, given the restraint from killing Nanoha & Co.

And If opponents not have that, they are dead?

6) Gadget-Drones beam weapons pure magic? Or it pure technical, laser? Or maybe composition of both magic and technology?

7) About Quint Nakajima.

She was super strong? Because 1 Revolver Knuckle weighs half a ton(?), and she wore them two.
Old 2016-02-22, 19:07   Link #4479
Gx Hero
Rambler

most of the time magic non lethal. Using military grade weapons not as non lethal, Gadget drones 100% lethal force.

http://nanohamanga.webs.com/

Links to other Nanoha stories on animesuki

http://www.mediafire.com/view/yp9qlj...e%20links.docx
Old 2016-02-22, 19:55   Link #4480
TYxTxYT
コピーの雀士

Quote:
1) Uniform worn by Lindy (captain\admiral) is a barrier jacket?

2) The place where Fate lives(TV-1\Movie 1st), this some room for technicians, or is it just a platform where the ladder ends in a skyscraper?

3) About Nanoha possession of martial arts. Family Martial Arts Style if possible?

She did not know anything about this? At least a minimum.

Because in the Movie 1st, when she practiced with Fate on the roof of the house, Nanoha showed ninja\samurai skill with training\battle staff.

Also, if take into account manga "Nanoha Innocent", where she showed super skills, to pierce soda cup with a spoon, and where Nanoha cuts in half leaves of the tree, with tree branch.

Of course this may can consider it a some kind of fanfiction, but nevertheless.

4) Nanoha capable to use weak\lesser magic without the RH?

In the 1 series A'S, Nanoha used 2 round shield, in left and right hands against Vita, also in beginning she use (Divine Shooter?) single shot without RH on bank of juice.

5) About non-lethal spells.

Am I right if I say that they are not fatal, because the opponents are using the barrier jackets\some armor\field(in the case of Numbers).

Well, given the restraint from killing Nanoha & Co.

And If opponents not have that, they are dead?

6) Gadget-Drones beam weapons pure magic? Or it pure technical, laser? Or maybe composition of both magic and technology?

7) About Quint Nakajima.

She was super strong? Because 1 Revolver Knuckle weighs half a ton(?), and she wore them two.
Yes, family martial art, fill yourself in with triangle heart if you want to know more.

Intelligent device is merely a booster/auto-locker, remember "cool your head"?

Mid-chidian style can be set to completely harmless - direct hit only knock target unconscious - however this is a mode to be set in, and even in this mode whatever falling damage suitable is for you/your barrier jacket to handle. Meaning you can die from getting knocked out at height and "spat!".
Belkan on the otherhand is to enhance a physical object and use it to hit you, so there is no "safe mode".

Quint, we know she won the "whatever" tournament in Vivid, so she is at-least Victoria/Sieglinde level. But then again she is a subordinated of Zest(Air S) and did get trashed by Numbers, so I'm guessing a doubleA or tripleA?
Closed Thread