AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-12, 00:44   Link #2901
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by wen13 View Post
in volume 7 chapter 1 at the very end when saying the new heretic god's name instead of "General of the Deep Sands" shouldn't it be "monk of the deep sands" instead, since chinese people pronounce him as 沙僧. 沙=sand 僧=monk
深沙大将

Even though it's obvious for anyone with knowledge of Sun Wukong, I suppose the author doesn't want to outright state the name yet at this point.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 02:16   Link #2902
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
深沙大将

Even though it's obvious for anyone with knowledge of Sun Wukong, I suppose the author doesn't want to outright state the name yet at this point.
The 3 have multiple titles gained from before their meeting. Also, [Keeper of the horses] is a position granted by heaven to Wu Kong( which he took as an insult due to it being the lowest position)

Last edited by Fallen3dge; 2012-08-12 at 02:57.
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 08:01   Link #2903
whitecloud

Sanzo where are you your disciple is whreaking havoc over in japan....
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 08:56   Link #2904
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Ready to join his disciples in wreaking havoc...
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 09:37   Link #2905
Ddraig

Would be funny if Sun Wukong still have that magical headband with him and someone use it against him.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 09:44   Link #2906
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

If Sanzo appear, who could really stop him? Sanzo high tier Bodhisattva who wouldn't even hurt a fly, least alone wreak havoc to japen.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 09:52   Link #2907
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
If Sanzo appear, who could really stop him? Sanzo high tier Bodhisattva who wouldn't even hurt a fly, least alone wreak havoc to japen.
Verethragna's a god who is supposed to help the weak. Yet, he was the very god who plunged Sardinia into chaos. Athena, who was a companion of the classical heroes turned out to be a brat who does not give a f@ck to what happens to the people. As for Sun Wukon and co. they became buddhas at the conclusion of the Journey to the West--yet they turned out to be heretic gods.
Old 2012-08-12, 09:52   Link #2908
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
The question is always what you consider as harm. Sealing people into a parallel world which is considered paradise may be a good deed to a god but horrendous to us, or the us who remain behind. Gods' morality and "our" morality in the Campi-verse has been shown to differ a lot, not to mention changes due to becoming "heretic" or "mistakes in myths".
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 09:57   Link #2909
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
You know what might happen if Sanzo appears? All the men and women would stop procreating and humanity would go extinct. Remember the story where he went to the Amazon-like kingdom where only women exists? He refused to procreate with any of the women--even though the queen was actively trying to seduce him. He ended up telling her a story of a couple who having a son, but all of a sudden decided that it would be greater deed to devote to a religious life--with the parents becoming monks and nuns--the son became a monk much later.
Old 2012-08-12, 09:58   Link #2910
Azure-Priest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix221186 View Post
maybe because if she doesn't .. she might end up surrounded by guys who wants to have her for themselves =/

like what the committee is trying to do with godou ... they send mariya to get him .. since it failed they send ena .. which also fail .. since both of them will probably follow him to the end of the world
Actually, the committee didn't send Ena. "Gramps" aka, the god, Soodoo did. The committee was just staying out of his way.
Azure-Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 11:23   Link #2911
Mechatrill

Another thing about ancient gods is that they come from a time and culture very different from ours. Thus, what is considered "good" in the time and place when/where they were worshiped might be quite different from what we in modern times might consider good.

Take some of the heroes of ancient China or ancient Greece. If you take a modern view of their actions, most of them would be considered criminals, serial killers, and/or serial rapists at best. The gods aren't much better either. If you take a literal interpretation of the Old Testament, for example, God is a pretty vicious bastard and a lot of what he does would horrify most of the world if done in modern times.
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 13:40   Link #2912
whitecloud

Well...abrahamic god take the cake for the evil super power...especially of the old testament...locust, kill of the first born, flooding the world, meteor of sodom and Gomorrah
Old 2012-08-12, 16:22   Link #2913
Kadi
知識の探求者

I think Sodom and Gomorrah was caused by another being here. At least Bobby got the Saltify authority, not from the abrahamic god though but an angel, I think (a bit unsure here). I guess if we see something else from the old testament, it'll be handled in a similar way. ... ... ... wouldn't it suck if a female Campione got the ability to "give birth to the savior"? I wonder what kind of personality she'd need to have to get such an authority.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-12, 19:17   Link #2914
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Child desperate i guess
Old 2012-08-13, 01:45   Link #2915
whitecloud

Give birth to a savior ? When would the savior fight then? Umm...16-20 years later...
Old 2012-08-13, 02:54   Link #2916
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

any news on when vol 13 is due out?

and damn im looking forward to vol7 i cant wait to see the 3 campiones together ^^
Old 2012-08-13, 05:34   Link #2917
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Having a cup o tea with the jade emperor, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Child desperate i guess
LMAO. But wait, if Jesus was a savour that was born from a virgin mother, then I'd guess she needs to also be virgin.
Old 2012-08-13, 05:40   Link #2918
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Authority of [Holy Womb]? perfect for Erica
Old 2012-08-13, 06:53   Link #2919
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Hey guys, after finish reading vol4, I recall from reading here that Godou had a rematch with Athena and Athena lost and die, does that mean Godou have gain Athena full authorities.

Since I heard the more close you are toward a Heretic God the more authorities you can usher from them once you defeat them.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-13, 07:00   Link #2920
fazri
blacksun king

Quote:
Hey guys, after finish reading vol4, I recall from reading here that Godou had a rematch with Athena and Athena lost and die, does that mean Godou have gain Athena full authorities.

Since I heard the more close you are toward a Heretic God the more authorities you can usher from them once you defeat them.
mike the one that godou have rematch is with perseus.
first time godou fight with him he get killed end using [ram] to reviving him self.
second match they ended dram.
doni kill perseus that get weakened.

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem