AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-30, 08:18   Link #461
Kakkou
Tch.

Just a warning, but if raws of the pre-airing special ever show up, non-manga readers and those who don't want to be spoiled should not watch it. The guests talk about the manga so much that spoilers are everywhere.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 08:46   Link #462
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Kaori Ishihara's voice (Ehhhhhhh!-no one can do it better than her) is really fresh and it's gonna be definitely something seeing her in a male role.
Old 2012-09-30, 08:48   Link #463
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
This could be my next favorite role for her next to Madoka, really excited for the anime just for her.
Old 2012-09-30, 08:57   Link #464
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The manga has more likeness to Full Metal Alchemist than HxH.
So yes, it's got potential to be awesome, granted the direction goes well.
Ooh and Fullmetal Alchemist is my favorite series (even more interested in this now).

The only thing do people expect this to be the next long running shounen anime or just a long series that will have a stopping point? Even if it's a good series, I am not sure I want to get invested in something that doesn't have a set number of episodes.
Old 2012-09-30, 09:04   Link #465
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Ooh and Fullmetal Alchemist is my favorite series (even more interested in this now).

The only thing do people expect this to be the next long running shounen anime or just a long series that will have a stopping point? Even if it's a good series, I am not sure I want to get invested in something that doesn't have a set number of episodes.
It's already been decided that the anime will cover up until the end of it's first big arc. It's not going to be an ongoing long series.
Old 2012-09-30, 09:34   Link #466
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Don't know much about VA's but can't help but get excited.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 09:44   Link #467
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I am now looking forward to hearing Alibaba say "Boku" a lot.

Also if Kaji is Yoshino's leading man then clearly Tomatoes is A-1's leading lady. He can chew the scenery with the best of them though so I think he'll match up fine against Jun. The usual suspects of course round out the rest of the cast so honestly it all looks fine to me.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-09-30 at 09:58.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 10:01   Link #468
there76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
It's already been decided that the anime will cover up until the end of it's first big arc. It's not going to be an ongoing long series.
That is unless the series does well, in which case they will probably extend the show.
there76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 10:09   Link #469
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by there76 View Post
That is unless the series does well, in which case they will probably extend the show.
Even in that case I think they would still need to wait at least a year or so in between to have a enough material for a new series.
Old 2012-09-30, 10:11   Link #470
Westlo
Lets be reality

Since ducky didn't post it here, I'll do it, 3 mins of Magi animation from the show, has scenes of the VAs voicing the characters, the full show is on nico if you want to watch that.

NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Also if Kaji is Yoshino's leading man then clearly Tomatoes is A-1's leading lady.
I'm about to place a bet that for A-1's Winter show "Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru" that the main 3 cast are....

Eita: Kaiji
Masuzu: Tomatsu
Chiwa: Hanazawa

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by there76 View Post
I doubt it would get an extension while running, for one the next show in the timeslot is probably being put together, secondly I'm sure Aniplex are smart enough to leave this open to a continuation if it's a big hit. So best case scenario it's back in this timeslot for another 2 cour this time next year.... (more likely 2014 Spring prob, depends on whats in the slot...) Unlike Ao no Exorcist it has a lot of chapters already done, and more importantly it's a weekly manga. (AnE's a monthly manga and the chapters just seem to get shorter and shorter lately...)
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 10:37   Link #471
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
hmm the OP seem more hot blooded than i predicted. while Magi is standard shonen. it noticeably less hot blooded than other shonen like naruto or one piece.

so who voice the narrator?
The narrator is Sephiroth, lol. Just kidding. He's Morikawa Toshiyuki. He voiced Ugo-kun
Old 2012-09-30, 10:41   Link #472
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

I'm about to place a bet that for A-1's Winter show "Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru" that the main 3 cast are....

Eita: Kaiji
Masuzu: Tomatsu
Chiwa: Hanazawa

I wouldn't be surprised if that happened lol.
Seems like a pretty safe bet to me, you can also never go wrong in assuming that Kana Hanazawa will be in a major role in any given series on any given day of the week. Though based on my extremely limited knowledge of the series that comes solely from what I read off of wikipedia just now I'm going to suggest a possible alternative of Aya Endo as that Masuzu girl with Tomatoes as Chiwa. Reasoning being that I associate Aya Endo with the high class pushy cultured chick voice and because Chiwa sounds more common lead character in a love triangle material and thus would be more likely to get the Tomatoes.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 16:27   Link #473
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Ah, I just remembered, another good reason why Haruka Tomatsu fits for Morgiana. Look up her role in Ladies vs Butlers, and remember Morgiana's abilities, well, to not spoil anything, let's just say, she has the perfect set of pipes for this kind of role .
Old 2012-09-30, 21:16   Link #474
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Personally I'm surprised that
Spoiler for Character from later part of the story, but in cast list with VAs:
was given a VA. That implies... Well, a lot of things actually.
Old 2012-09-30, 21:17   Link #475
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Personally I'm surprised that
Spoiler for Character from later part of the story, but in cast list with VAs:
was given a VA. That implies... Well, a lot of things actually.
26+ episodes will be done, that's pretty much confirmed by now if the Prince will appear.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 21:26   Link #476
Kakkou
Tch.

Not necessarily at all. Only Balbaad is confirmed at this point. The staff did mention that they will add some original developments in order to introduce Sinbad and his generals earlier, as well as some Djinn related concepts that appear later. He could well be part of those additions. Plus iirc, he did have a short appearance before his debut.
Old 2012-09-30, 21:30   Link #477
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I am going to blame Kuroko no Basuke.

I am going to end up comparing Judaal and Hakuryuu to Kise and Kuroko all the time now....
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-30, 22:02   Link #478
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Not necessarily at all. Only Balbaad is confirmed at this point. The staff did mention that they will add some original developments in order to introduce Sinbad and his generals earlier, as well as some Djinn related concepts that appear later. He could well be part of those additions. Plus iirc, he did have a short appearance before his debut.
It'll be hilarious if they cast Hakuryuu and announced the VA, just to have him say one line in the entire series in the short flashback in the Kouga arc. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I am going to blame Kuroko no Basuke.

I am going to end up comparing Judaal and Hakuryuu to Kise and Kuroko all the time now....
I doubt you'll be doing much comparing, since the characters will hardly appear much at all.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 21:07   Link #479
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
I really hope the series gets popularity enough to warrent a second season, since all the really juicy stuff happens after that arc.

hoping.

crossing fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Since ducky didn't post it here, I'll do it, 3 mins of Magi animation from the show, has scenes of the VAs voicing the characters, the full show is on nico if you want to watch that.

NicoNico
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Holy crap, that was awesome.
The voices were near perfect, and animation is BEAUTIFUL.
At least from what they showed, does the source justice.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The total sale of volume 1~10 (not including 11~14) has already reached 2 million, putting average per volume at 200k.
With the anime push, I expect it to soar over Kuroko no Basket with little to no problem.
Oops, old figures. Currently it's 4.4 million copies with total sale of volume 1-14.
So yeah, with anime boost, it'll be up there in the tops no problem at all.

Last edited by aohige; 2012-10-02 at 12:05.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 13:19   Link #480
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Crunchyroll to Stream Magi Fantasy Adventure Anime

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen