5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.93%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-05, 17:39   Link #161
VetaMega

I believe gg's subs were far more grained. That's always been a source contention for me as the colors in the raws always seemed truer and less grained. This hasn't been a problem for me with your-mom. One uses .mkv and other uses .avi. The biggest problem I have with your-mom is that their translator purposely mistranslates to throw us off track.
VetaMega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 17:50   Link #162
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Hey, it's your choice, watch it or not, I'm still going to say the video quality sucks. AND it really sucks, even for someone as me who almost never pays attention to such things. Have you seen those scenes with darker colors? They're completely grained, COMPLETELY grained, gg's version looked MUCH, much better. AND the members of the subbing group THEMSELVES added a note saying, at one point of the episode, that their TL was mental.

I have an absolute right to criticize other people's work, it doesn't matter if it's for free or not. If I looked at an amateur painter's work, and the paint really sucked, am I forbidden to say it sucks? The painter took his time and he's showing me the picture for free, just as the fansubbers. I thank them for their work, but I still think it sucks compared to what gg has been doing.

1st of all, I hope u understand the reason that they subbed ep 18 was b/c gg code geass subber had other things 2 do in real life or outside of anime

plus fans have been asking em and other groups 2 sub it, thats why your-mom actually stepped out and took time 2 sub it 4 the desperate fans.

not 2 mention your-mom isnt subbing code geass just 4 u alone who actually demands HQ subs, they r subbing 4 those who dont actually care about the sub quality as long as they make sense and readable

if u dont like them just shut up b/c theres a limit on freedom of speech and the word "sux" is a curse not criticism

just like if i say "ur mom sux and shes a slut", r u gonna just go "ok, thats no big deal since its just some criticism 2 my mothers character"

my point, since they did a free service, u should at least respect their work

Last edited by guiltygearxt; 2007-03-05 at 18:00.
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 20:28   Link #163
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
1st of all, I hope u understand the reason that they subbed ep 18 was b/c gg code geass subber had other things 2 do in real life or outside of anime

plus fans have been asking em and other groups 2 sub it, thats why your-mom actually stepped out and took time 2 sub it 4 the desperate fans.

not 2 mention your-mom isnt subbing code geass just 4 u alone who actually demands HQ subs, they r subbing 4 those who dont actually care about the sub quality as long as they make sense and readable

if u dont like them just shut up b/c theres a limit on freedom of speech and the word "sux" is a curse not criticism

just like if i say "ur mom sux and shes a slut", r u gonna just go "ok, thats no big deal since its just some criticism 2 my mothers character"

my point, since they did a free service, u should at least respect their work
You posted right after my first post on the subject:

Quote:
sux 4 yall then =/

glad i can read chinese and their subs r always fast & high quality in everyway
SO don't go making yourself all upright, our you'll be looking like an hypocrite. In fact, that's how you look right now.

They do all the free services they want, I criticize them all I want, because I want to keep the fansubbing community providing its users with good quality translating and encoding. If we hadn't people bitching over horrible encoding and/or translating, chances are the fansubbing community wouldn't have striven for growth in the quality department.

Okay, they may speedsub all they want, I congratulate them for keeping up the interest in a series like Code Geass, but that's not gonna stop me from saying their quality sucks, because it's true. I downloaded and enjoyed the episode nonetheless, but in my opinion people should know what they're gonna download beforehand. That's why I said their quality sucked. What, you want me to lie? You want me to say something that's not true? Give me a break.

And there's no goddamn limit to freedom of speech, because I'm not directly hurting anyone in the process.

Quote:
I believe gg's subs were far more grained. That's always been a source contention for me as the colors in the raws always seemed truer and less grained. This hasn't been a problem for me with your-mom. One uses .mkv and other uses .avi. The biggest problem I have with your-mom is that their translator purposely mistranslates to throw us off track.
I wish I had a program to take screenshots (too lazy to look for one), because I swear for the love of a god I don't believe in that on my screen I see no damn grains on gg's version, and that YourMom's version is terribly, terribly grained, specially on dark areas.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 20:47   Link #164
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

r u joking me?

Quote:
sux 4 yall then =/

glad i can read chinese and their subs r always fast & high quality in everyway
was i criticizing anybody? was i comparing which fansub service sucked and which 1s better?

that was clearly a friendly small talk

Lol u need 2 calm down

Quote:
there's no goddamn limit to freedom of speech
Wow...did u just say theres no limit?

im speechless...
Old 2007-03-05, 20:57   Link #165
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
Wow...did u just say theres no limit?

im speechless...
Quote:
Originally Posted by I said
And there's no goddamn limit to freedom of speech, because I'm not directly hurting anyone in the process.
Please read a little more before you post.

Quote:
was i criticizing anybody? was i comparing which fansub service sucked and which 1s better?

that was clearly a friendly small talk
Quote:
sux 4 yall then =/
Quote:
I'm speechless.

Old 2007-03-05, 21:07   Link #166
Juvyniled

The limit to your freedom of speech, is only defined within the context of things of importance.
Like you cannot say "I'm gonna nuke this country" or "Im gonna take down the president." That is unallowable. And then you have restricted speech which is pretty much profanity or insults.

I don't see what the trouble is. WanderingKnight is simply expressing his opinions. And other people are responding. But in all honesty, we're not here to debate the quality of any group's subs.

What I feel is, if you use it for your own purposes, you should try to be grateful (especially if it's a group that isn't taking it on as one of their projects). Heck I'm glad that there are such freelance groups that do something that others can not do in a fashionly manner. But even I am entitled to my own opinions. Your-Moms encoding and translating quality is subpar, but it is understandable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt
The limit is as mentioned above. Unless the forum rules specifically states otherwise, I wouldn't considering "sux" a curse, because it's simply a way for lazy people to say sucks. And it's simply a synonym of other words such as horrible, or mundane, etc.

Not to mention, you're TELLING people to shut up. I don't know, but that's like forcibly trying to act upon someone. I don't think WanderingKnight initially went as far as to say "Don't get it," he simply expressed his thoughts. That is fair game.
---------------------
You guys are taking this way way too seriously, both of you. There's no need for profanity or even what people would consider swear words.

Bottom line is: If you don't use it, then don't go on forcing people to accept what you believe. If you got an opinion, try to be reasonable about expressing it. If you DO use it, then guiltygearxt is right, show some respect (in the case of speed subs, they're not always going to be perfect or even decent).
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 21:09   Link #167
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

all im doing is defending a fansub group who takes their time 2 sub an anime so that fans can watch despite how bad they r

Last edited by guiltygearxt; 2007-03-05 at 21:22.
Old 2007-03-05, 21:12   Link #168
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Okay, I apologize for any misunderstanding my words might have caused. Everything is all right, low quality is not the end of the world, and as I said before, I watched and enjoyed the episode for reasons that lie beyond the power of fansubbers, but I repeat myself: I thank them from the bottom of my heart for keeping up the interest in Code Geass, but their quality is bad. That's it. End of the story.

EDIT: I really don't want to do this, but...

Quote:
now tell me if they carry the same offensive lvl
They carry the same offensive level, because you used it right after I posted. You took the meaning of the word I used and used it in a sentence of your own, carrying over the "offense". If it would've been mentioned in a distance of 10 posts, your point would be reasonable, but seeing as your post was right after mine, I don't see it reasonable at all.

OK, I'm done here, I'm not gonna keep this up anymore. I apologized for expressing my own opinion already, so give me a goddamn break.

Old 2007-03-05, 21:14   Link #169
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

edit, just saw WanderingKnight post, i will apologize 2 since i did over arguing alittle

now lets 4get all this and move on =]
Old 2007-03-05, 21:40   Link #170
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Hey, it's your choice, watch it or not, I'm still going to say the video quality sucks. AND it really sucks, even for someone as me who almost never pays attention to such things. Have you seen those scenes with darker colors? They're completely grained, COMPLETELY grained, gg's version looked MUCH, much better. AND the members of the subbing group THEMSELVES added a note saying, at one point of the episode, that their TL was mental.

I have an absolute right to criticize other people's work, it doesn't matter if it's for free or not. If I looked at an amateur painter's work, and the paint really sucked, am I forbidden to say it sucks? The painter took his time and he's showing me the picture for free, just as the fansubbers. I thank them for their work, but I still think it sucks compared to what gg has been doing.

Well you have your opinion on their subs i guess. But any ways even if you want to Criticize them, this isnt the Thread to do it. This is the episode 18 discussion thread and what you are doing is completely off topic. So please if you feel you have to critize their work, you can nicely ask for a Thread with that topic to be created and go ahead and criticize as much as you want .

Also i watched both episode 18 and 19 from your-mom a few hours ago and all i can stay i am speachless. Their quality is exteremly good ( even in my opinion its as good as GG's video quality) and their translations are accurate ( base on my two semester Japanese language in college) . Their only bad release was their first 3 SR subs which was their first subs but now they are really good.

But still if you feel you have to criticize them furthere ( first of course watch their code geass realease episode 18 and 19) then go ask for the Thread to be created .

So if people are still hesitating if its good to get their release or not, I highly recommend it.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2007-03-05 at 22:07.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 22:45   Link #171
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
what i got from this episode is Lulus dear ol daddy knows who and what hes been up too. Thinking back on the beginning of the series where they described how the royal siblings were encouraged to compete with one another with the strongest one winning. I wonder if the emperor is letting this continue to test who ruthless his children can be and if any of them are worthy to rule.

The Order of the Black Knights is so organized now that any chance Britannia had for crushing the head of the snake has gone down the tubes. How Zero organized the Knights is pure genies. Not only does he have a personal guard lead by Kallen and special forces unit broken down into several squads but Toudo is also a front line commander perfect choice. He has even set up a technology and intellgience gathering divisions. No villetta this week i kind of wanted to see how she going.

I could talk about Suzaku being knighted but i dislike his so much that i dont give a damn
Old 2007-03-05, 23:42   Link #172
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I'm just glad there was a sub out since I've been interested in seeing this episode for a while.

I also got the impression that Lulu's father might know what's going on. Since his son is doing what is expected, and that's killing siblings and trying to gain power.

Surely it's hard not to get frustrated with Suzaku at times, though I don't hate the guy. It was bad luck for Lulu when Suzaku was told his death would have meaning and would help things which is probably what he's been looking for. I think Lulu is making progress getting through to Suzaku. It's just going to take some time to convince him to join up (probably the season finale or something like that). Suzaku was hiding behind the wrong methods and if you don't use the right ones it's meaningless. But Suzaku didn't use the right methods when he tried to stop his father.

We got from this that if Suzaku hadn't killed his father than Japan would be in a mess right now being split apart by the various factions. At that point Japan didn't have the ability to win against Britannia. With the Black Knights, there is a growing possibility to stopping Britannia. Sometimes you have to accept those kinds of methods in order for things to turn out well. It won't be easy but I think Suzaku will end up with Lulu at some point.

I found interesting Euphemia and Cornelia having that conversation. It seems like Euphie is trying to make changes to Britannia and wants the numbers to have equal status and not being seperated like this. Cornelia responded with the Euphemia having to become the Queen for this to happen. Surely at some point she is going to be put in danger like Lulu's mom was and there is going to be an attempt to kill her. Maybe that will cause Suzaku and Euphemia to join up with Zero. If he can win his war than Euphie can take over. She's the kind of person who might be left in charge after everything is over. Maybe after all the battles she'll become stronger for it.

Loved the small party and Lloyd declaring his engagement to Millay. She seemed nervous about the whole thing. Though I don't think she would have to lose what makes her fun since Lloyd is a pretty "unique" person himself. Good work with Lulu stopping Kallen from going at Suzaku with the knife. She might've gotten it done but that would've cause all sorts of problems. Police attention might draw Lulu and Nunally into things, plus we've seen that Lulu doesn't want to let Suzaku to be killed. He admitted to CC that friendship and the rest is holding him back. He's not hiding from that. Nina working on nukes.....yeah that could be dangerous. Seems like Lloyd came in before she moved into another table session.

The Black Knights certainly have gotten more organized. Kallen getting very excited about being Zero's bodyguard. I think what is giving Zero an edge is his willingness to use anyone as long as they are skilled. Doesn't matter what nationality they are as long as they are getting the job done. Euphemia is trying to do something similar but as we saw from the knighting ceremony she's going to be pretty alone in her mission. Seriously I know the people aren't happy about Suzaku becoming a knight but looking like they were going to throw up? Come on people grow up. Lloyd a great guy as always willing to clap even if he's the only one.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 00:05   Link #173
Juvyniled

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight
Nina working on nukes.....yeah that could be dangerous.
They're really poking fun at Einstein (who we modern day people know as Einstein). -_-;

Quote:
Suzaku was hiding behind the wrong methods and if you don't use the right ones it's meaningless. But Suzaku didn't use the right methods when he tried to stop his father.
Though, I can never quote him as saying that he believed he was right in killing his father either.

Quote:
It's just going to take some time to convince him to join up (probably the season finale or something like that).
Best saved as a final resolution. I don't want to this to have a Pseudo-GS plot where everyone allies themselves against one 'villain'.
Old 2007-03-06, 07:39   Link #174
EmagEvil

Yea like Whitemoon648 said, Youmom's quality is not bad at all! And they did the sub of the 19 in... 4 days! It was never so fast for a Code Geass episode! So i will claim it proudly : Youmom did a marvellous job *thump up*!
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 09:10   Link #175
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
True I don't know if there is a quote that Suzaku said killing his father was right. But I do think the point still made it home. Is the peace any less valid because of the method used to stop the fighting? Sure if he could have convinced his father to stop through talking it would've been fine. But maybe the point is the right way to do things doesn't work.

Yeah it might work well as a final resolution. Though it wouldn't be bad for Suzaku to join up with Lulu a bit sooner. Might help his popularity a bit .
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 14:56   Link #176
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Oh Suzaku is a tard. "it is better to die than disobey orders." Go die. an absolute tard.
Old 2007-03-06, 19:05   Link #177
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
True I don't know if there is a quote that Suzaku said killing his father was right. But I do think the point still made it home. Is the peace any less valid because of the method used to stop the fighting? Sure if he could have convinced his father to stop through talking it would've been fine. But maybe the point is the right way to do things doesn't work.

Yeah it might work well as a final resolution. Though it wouldn't be bad for Suzaku to join up with Lulu a bit sooner. Might help his popularity a bit .
You have definitely touch on a good point Flareknight. I my self went back watched it again and there is no mention of Suzaku saying that killing his father was right. The peace that was obtained through his fathers death and Japans surrender can it really be called peace?

Depends on how you define peace and what your perceptions are on how to achieve that peace. IMO the peace that Japans has now is not peace its not freedom they are under foreign rule. From what i gather Suzaku said it was the right choice to surrender because then Japan would have been broken up to factions by the Europeans and China ect ect. The peace is not valid because it allowed too some extent for people to go back to their lives but the peace would never last as long as the Japaneses still had hope. Hope is a very powerful tool and weapon which is why Zero has so many followers he gives the hope of peace and victory. Suzaku is more like Zero than he is willing to admit joining Zero woud accomplish his goals
Old 2007-03-06, 20:43   Link #178
Juvyniled

Though Suzaku is fighting as a soldier under the Britannian army, I don't think he wants peace through chaos and warfare. The only reason why Suzaku is a soldier in the first place is to stop those that insist on fighting.
Old 2007-03-07, 04:47   Link #179
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvyniled View Post
Though Suzaku is fighting as a soldier under the Britannian army, I don't think he wants peace through chaos and warfare. The only reason why Suzaku is a soldier in the first place is to stop those that insist on fighting.
The irony of course, is that most of the people who insist on fighting are in the Britannian military. Just ask Cornelia about her recent military conquests.
Old 2007-03-08, 21:32   Link #180
thecowninja

Call me the last horse, but I think Zero should've

Spoiler for about the past:

That could've obliterated Suzaku.
thecowninja is offline   Reply With Quote