AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-24, 11:09   Link #141
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Look what's Animax Asia is simulcasting?

Yup, I was right! THIS is what I was expecting for!
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-25, 02:16   Link #142
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

More info on the Animax Asia Simulcast

Animax Asia to Run 2011 Last Exile on Same Day It Airs in Japan
Old 2011-09-25, 18:50   Link #143
E_I
Yuri fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Based on how old he, Tatiana and Allistar look I think it's only been a few years since the old story ended. Or if you mean how he survived after his last appearance in the original series I have no clue, I didn't believe he was alive until he appeared on the character page!
Yeah, I want to know this as well. His "death" was sad and tragic. I guess this means the other characters might make a appearance as well.
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 06:41   Link #144
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_I View Post
I guess this means the other characters might make a appearance as well.
They are keeping that part a secret. They purposely announced Tatiana and Alister in advance, they don't show up until episode 4 (going by a Q&A with the production of the show).

I suspect that a large part of the Silvana's crew is back aboard the Silvius though.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 12:17   Link #145
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It would seem odd that Claus and Lavie have no role whatsoever, considering how young they were when the first series ended. Maybe they'll pull a Kuroshitsuji II on us.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 21:02   Link #146
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
They are keeping that part a secret. They purposely announced Tatiana and Alister in advance, they don't show up until episode 4 (going by a Q&A with the production of the show).

I suspect that a large part of the Silvana's crew is back aboard the Silvius though.
The color drawings for Tatiana and Allister have been released and their uniform colors match the ship, think that's a pretty good guess.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 21:46   Link #147
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It would seem odd that Claus and Lavie have no role whatsoever, considering how young they were when the first series ended. Maybe they'll pull a Kuroshitsuji II on us.
Lavie didn't do much. It's Alvis and Claus that did more and Alvis was the guardian so you'd think that Alvis should be around also.
Old 2011-09-27, 05:21   Link #148
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm sure Claus, Lavie and Alvis will show up, though I'm unsure they'll have an important role. I'll be very disappointed if we don't see an older Alvis.

I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back Holly Mad-Thane as well. You know, the character who was voiced by a very young unknown girl who grew up to become one of the most popular seiyuu in the industry.
Old 2011-09-27, 09:02   Link #149
azarhal

Quote:
The color drawings for Tatiana and Allister have been released and their uniform colors match the ship, think that's a pretty good guess.
I wouldn't call it a guess, really.

The Silvius is referred as an "Anatoray Special Battleship" on the official website. The hulls have the Imperial Anatoray symbols and smaller Disith ones everywhere. The uniform are quite similar to the Silvana's crew uniform from the first series as well and the uniform ranks are the same.

And Silvius is the masculine form of Silvana.

Note: I just re-watched Last Exile, it's all fresh in my memory.
Old 2011-09-27, 13:47   Link #150
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

There are interviews on the official site with Toyosaki Aki and Yuuki Aoi, talking about their characters and how they act them. I've summarized the interviews in this blog post.

Ainama saw the original show years ago, when it came out, and is amazed to find herself on the other side of the screen, acting with KitaEri, whose character Tatiana reappears in this series. Ao-chan has never seen the original show, and made a decision not to see it even after she got the role, so that her own intuition of how to play Giselle was not affected by her feeling for those earlier characters.

As for Lavie, I'm not sure how she will reappear, but it seems natural that Saitou Chiwa should be in yet another show with Yuuki Aoi (Vampire Bund, MadoMagi).

I've also done a blog post previewing all the new series, with particular emphasis on staff and cast.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-09-27 at 14:14.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 14:19   Link #151
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I've also done a blog post previewing all the new series, with particular emphasis on staff and cast.
Heh, your top list is exactly the same as mine, except I'd add Mirai Nikki to the top tier (loved the manga). I'm amazed UN-GO is getting as little attention as it is.

I loved Last Exile, but for some reason I can't 100% explain I'm very nervous about this sequel - my instincts tell me this could be trouble. I really hope I'm wrong.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 16:25   Link #152
azarhal

Quote:
As for Lavie, I'm not sure how she will reappear, but it seems natural that Saitou Chiwa should be in yet another show with Yuuki Aoi (Vampire Bund, MadoMagi).
Saitou Chiwa is doing yet another show with Yuuki Aoi, she's voicing Teddy. (unless there is another Saitou Chiwa in the business).

And thanks for the interview translation.
Old 2011-09-27, 22:28   Link #153
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
I wouldn't call it a guess, really.

The Silvius is referred as an "Anatoray Special Battleship" on the official website. The hulls have the Imperial Anatoray symbols and smaller Disith ones everywhere. The uniform are quite similar to the Silvana's crew uniform from the first series as well and the uniform ranks are the same.

And Silvius is the masculine form of Silvana.

Note: I just re-watched Last Exile, it's all fresh in my memory.
And this is when being able to read Japanese comes in handy, I can't read much so I've just been going off of the images and a few bits of katakana/google translate.
Although that's interesting, does that mean the Adess Union (which is the side the Silvius is on, not the Turan side) is made up from the old Anatory and Disith countries? I remember them uniting late on in the original anime but I wonder where the new country is coming from if that's the case, people who were against the union?
Old 2011-09-28, 07:34   Link #154
azarhal

Quote:
Although that's interesting, does that mean the Adess Union (which is the side the Silvius is on, not the Turan side) is made up from the old Anatory and Disith countries? I remember them uniting late on in the original anime but I wonder where the new country is coming from if that's the case, people who were against the union?
I think it's more that the "blue world" wasn't devoid of humans when Al, Claus, Lavie and friends made it there. "First contact" most have been fun...

There's lore in the first chapter of the manga based on Fam, the Silver Wing that explain a bit about Adès and Turan. Including a map. The map mention another country and an alliance of small countries, but nothing related to Anatoray/Disith.

Spoiler for Silver Wing Manga spoiler:
Old 2011-09-28, 16:35   Link #155
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

So, many haters.

Last Exile was one of the best shows of the last decade, DVD sales be damned!

Obviously this sequel has the potential of destroying the pedestal I've put Last Exile on, and having one of our two new protagonists being a generically quiet and demure moe girl is already flashing warning signs, but anyone who enjoys stories/anime set with a steampunk vibe should have this show on/near the top of their list for this fall.

If the previews are anything to go by, the animation looks to be the same high quality as the first show, so at least we'll have continuity there. Here's hoping the story and characters live up to its predecessor as well, though Dio/Agnew/Tatiana are back, so that's promising at least.

I wonder if this means Tatiana never ends up getting her mojo on with Claus?

And did I hear correctly that it'll be available in stereoscopic 3D? I assume we poor western fans will have to wait for the DVD/BDs for that? Can't wait to see how the massive aerial battles will look in 3D.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 23:33   Link #156
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
...I loved Last Exile, but for some reason I can't 100% explain I'm very nervous about this sequel - my instincts tell me this could be trouble. I really hope I'm wrong.
There is good reason for you to feel that way. This may have the same director as the first LE, but the lead writer did Linebarrels and Legendary Heroes. Much as I enjoyed the latter, it was confusingly written, and Linebarrels was a mess.

One thing that looks like it will be reliably good here is the backgrounds and the flying. And I have no problem whatsoever with a largely female cast. My admiration for Yuuki Aoi may be clouding my judgment, but even if she plays someone who is quiet and moe, I have no doubt she will give the character some special presence.

Despite the fact that I really do not like steampunk -- I think modern things should look modern, not fake old -- Last Exile and Simoun are both among my favorite shows.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 07:47   Link #157
azarhal

I'm mostly afraid of too much fan-service. The first series didn't have much and I hope they keep it that way. Although, all the review of the first episode I have read seems to point toward the same feeling as the first series (with a bit more fan-service, duh).
Old 2011-09-29, 21:52   Link #158
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
I am surprised Working'!! isn't in your list of anticipations

And thanks for the post. Ad lib anime lab sounds really interesting. Hope there will be good subs for it so that I can actually get it.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 12:03   Link #159
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
So uhh, perhaps already asked/discussed here but when the announcement first came out I recall there being talk about how this is a completely new series with new characters, just with same setting? Is that not the case, after all?
Old 2011-10-01, 12:25   Link #160
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

New characters (with a few from the old series reappearing) and a new setting as well, I think I've heard they're actually on Earth now (although there are six or seven Moons in the sky based on the preview so I could be off).

Tags
adventure, science fiction