Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-07-02, 15:33   Link #901
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Weapon flash part II: Reflection

---

Difficulty: medium (you should have read Weapon flash part I: Render )
Time: several minutes

---

This is what we'll be doing in this part:

You will be able to do a unique reflection using the flash tehnique from part I.

---

Step 1: Open your previous flash weapon animation document. Find a suitable image to put on the weapon. Like my chibby Suigintou who faces Stinku

Step 2: Make a new layer for the new image. Select the weapon again, but this time we will be pasting the new image in it, instead of the gradient found in part I. You should get something like this:

Step 3: Duplicate the new image the number of times for each flash frame. Each frame now has the new image (Stinku) but set them to invisible until the flash reaches the new image. At that point, grab the eraser and erase everything on the right side of the flash (save one original for the second part). You will get something like this:

Step 4: You should have the idea what we're going to do. So on to the next layer. Again, erase everything on the right side of the flash. Continue this to the end. Once the flash is pass the image point, leave one image visible:

Step 5: Half way done. On the second part, duplicate all of the frames till now. Before I mentioned to save one original image of Stinku, move that image and set it as the last layer. Duplicate it a number of times and repeat step 3 and 4 but this time we will erase everything on the left side.

Step 6: Complete the this side - what you did in step 4, but again on the left side.

Step 7: Now animate both sides where we erased the image and we should get something like this:

Step 8: Next your imagination and spice up the sig as you want. This was my finished product: Shinku! En garde!

---

And we're done ^_^
Old 2008-07-02, 22:37   Link #902
aolas
King Of The Night Sky
*Graphic Designer

whoaa eps your tutorial very useful thaks!!!!!
aolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 00:41   Link #903
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

@Eps~

Awww... You even made Gin-sama as an example.
As usual, great animation tut.
Old 2008-07-03, 04:06   Link #904
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Anyone can submit a tutorial here right? *looks around*

Spoiler for SIZE:

I hope it's useful >_>

I'm planning on making one more which explains smudge in more detail.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 05:30   Link #905
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Wha- ??

And what gives you the idea this thread isn't open to everyone....
** throws love & hugs at AX
Old 2008-07-04, 12:27   Link #906
Faeyice
it's animal, unbelievable
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photonbeam View Post
The example you gave me had a black background. Can you have it without the black background.
On my web browser, it's transparent.

If you're using Internet Explorer, I have no advice for you. Almost every transparent image I see on Fire Fox will have a black BG for the transparent areas in IE. You may want to switch to Fire Fox if you want the transparency.

EDIT: Eps, you have amazing tutorials and signatures. x.x
Old 2008-07-04, 18:32   Link #907
crazyhorse
Procrastinator

Question...When you slice a sig and put it together here on the forums, do all the parts, added up together, have to be under 50kb?
Old 2008-07-04, 18:37   Link #908
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Question...When you slice a sig and put it together here on the forums, do all the parts, added up together, have to be under 50kb?
Yes they do for example my current signature.

In slices it is like this

-14Kb

-19Kb

-11Kb

Each of the three pieces add up to excatly 44Kb. So in easy way when you save the slices just highlight them all and the detail window on the left should tell you what it is in Kb either just over 50Kb or just under it.

I hope this helps you out crazyhorse.
Old 2008-07-04, 18:38   Link #909
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Yup. You are correct
Old 2008-07-04, 18:41   Link #910
crazyhorse
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHoney View Post
Yes they do for example my current signature.

In slices it is like this

-14Kb

-19Kb

-11Kb

Each of the three pieces add up to excatly 44Kb. So in easy way when you save the slices just highlight them all and the detail window on the left should tell you what it is in Kb either just over 50Kb or just under it.

I hope this helps you out crazyhorse.
That did help. Thank you!

I just realized your sig was animated. Nice!
Old 2008-07-05, 15:30   Link #911
escimo
Paparazzi

Old photograph look.

It's tutorial time.

Making a picture look like an old photograph in Photoshop.

First of all you'll need 2 brush-sets for photoshop.
I used these two.
Grunge Scratches by *ro-stock
Coffee Stains Photoshop Brush by ~Divinity-bliss
Any similar will do.

This is what we're after.

First select an image, desaturate it and adjust levels to your liking. Make sure that the layer is not locked and create a new layer below the picture layer and fill it with very light gray. It will be used for the border of the image.

Create oval selection in the middle of the picture. Width of the selection should be about the width of the image and height about one and half times larger. Feather the selection by approximately 15-25 pixels and invert it. Then adjust levels so that the edges of the picture darken significantly.

Select all, contract the selection by about 5-10 pixels depending on how wide border you want to create, feather the selection by about 3-4 pixels, invert selection and delete this selection from the picture layer.

Add noise to the picture layer with Filter->Noise->Add Noise. Make sure that it's monochromatic. Then just use options to your liking.

Tint the shadows bluish. I did this with variations tool by adding blue to shadows.

Now create an adjustment layer for levels. Adjust levels so that shades become very bleached.

Mask the adjustment layer to your liking. If you want authenticity concentrate the lightened areas on lighter areas near the edges.

Now add an adjustment layer for hue and saturation. Select colorize and make the image yellowish brown.

Mask the hue and saturation adjustment layer to your liking. If authenticity is what you're after mask around darker areas of the picture so that they're more bluish than the lighter areas.

Create a new layer and add some scratches to it using brushes mentioned earlier. I used very light gray for the scratches, overlay blending mode for the layer and 50% layer opacity.

Now the jagged edges. Select the border layer. Create selection that's sightly smaller than the layer. I first selected all and then contracted it by 5 pixels. Now add Layer mask to the layer. Doing this masks out 5 pixel border of the image. You can also just create the layer mask and then add 5 pixel black stroke to the mask if you don't want to play around with selections. Then use Filter->Pixelate->Crystallize filter to the mask. I used cell size 3.

Create a new layer and add some brown coffee stains using a brush. Load selection out of the border layer, add stroke to the border layer to make the border more visible. I used the same brown color than with the coffee stain and 50% opacity. Invert selection and delete selection form the scratch-layer and the coffee stain layer and you're done.

Last edited by escimo; 2008-07-10 at 16:07. Reason: Problems with images, host changed.
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-05, 22:24   Link #912
LustfulEnvy
Casanova Extraordinaire
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to LustfulEnvy Send a message via MSN to LustfulEnvy
excellent tutorial escimo =^_^=
Dope! You even got us links for brushes!
I really love how clean the final product is.
Ill have to try this out later.
LustfulEnvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 13:54   Link #913
Hakuryu
Klutz

Escimo, I have a question. ^^;

I got to the last step but I can't get rid of the black around the border. Here's a screenshot, please tell me what I did wrong. Dx
Old 2008-07-06, 14:13   Link #914
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakuryu View Post
Escimo, I have a question. ^^;

I got to the last step but I can't get rid of the black around the border. Here's a screenshot, please tell me what I did wrong. Dx
Seems you're using clipping mask, use layer mask instead and it should work fine.
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 18:09   Link #915
Eps~
Busy busy busy
*Graphic Designer

Creating a beach

---

Difficulty: easy
Time: 1-5 minutes

---

Since it's summer time - and this SotM is about seasons, I thought why not showing people how to make an easy and good looking beach. I found a familiar tutorial some time ago, but it was so poorly written that I didn't understand the most imporant part so now I decided to write one myself - an easy one

Here's what we'll have at the end:

---

Step 1: Make a new document, prefered semi large because you can always cut it later. I'll be using 500 × 500 px.

Step 2: Use a light blue foreground and darker blue background colours. My foreground was #4372aa and background #1c3a8b. Now go to filter > render > clouds

Spoiler for step2:

Step 3: Now we will make the sea. Go to filter > render > fibers. Adjust the Variance to 14,0 and Strength to 7,0

Spoiler for step3:

Step 4: Duplicate the layer and set the blending mode to Screen. You can also play around with opacity to get the colour you want.

Step 5: At this point we already have the sea done. So if you wan't to use the sea alone, you can do it. But we want more! Now comes the tricky part which at first I didn't understand. Choose your gradient tool and from the Gradient Picker, select the Chrome preset. Next edit this gradient (click on the gradient itself)

Spoiler for step 5:

Step 6: In the Editor delete the Colour Stop #52%, adjust the Colour Stop #64 to a lighter colour (I used #F9E2A3) and then move the #64% Colour Stop to a higher position, to #78%. Click the bellow image if you have trouble with it.

Spoiler for step 6:

Step 7: Now use this gradient on the layer and drag it from around center to bottom.

Spoiler for step 7:

Step 8: Mess with the opacity and we're done! Our result should look something like seen at the top:

Spoiler for step 8:

---

Now grab some renders and make a beach signature
Old 2008-07-06, 19:29   Link #916
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
@AtomicoX: WOW!! Your tutorial seems to be pretty easy and not that hard to do.

You can do some of this stuff on Gimp too right??
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 04:58   Link #917
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by konstargirl View Post
@AtomicoX: WOW!! Your tutorial seems to be pretty easy and not that hard to do.

You can do some of this stuff on Gimp too right??
I have no experience in GIMP, but I guess it would work. Similar functions should be there.

Old 2008-07-07, 05:22   Link #918
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Video Vector tutorial with PSD

I made this about a week or two ago for a other place. And finally got around fixing some minor things and bothered posting it.

Added shadow and right ear shading, which i forgot in the video, but added it after in the psd. This is a rough version of how to vector, you will need more time to make the thickness of the outlines more consistent, as well as choosing the right colors. I didn't do that in the tutorial seeing it would take to much time. The video is 200% of original speed. So the vector took me 40 min, the video is only 20min.

You should understand it from just watching the video. But if you don't the additional info here should be enough.

After watching the tutorial you should be able to make any kind of vectors.

Video info:
Video: MP4 encoded with h.264. 15fps, 235 Kbps.
Total size video: 63MB

Remember this is one of the ways to make a vector. There are many more ways, and some might be more effective than this.

Also i would like to thank innominate who helped me a lot when i was doing my first vector.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 05:25   Link #919
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Nice tutorial Sephi, I had been thinking of doing a Pen Tool explanation myself but that isn't needed now Good job.

Old 2008-07-07, 05:30   Link #920
SweetHoney
~Nanchatte Renai
*Scanlator

Just dropping by to expand on what I said about slices. Basically you should read Riker's tut on what way to slice and what way to not.

Okay so take this sig for example I animated the text. Save all of it as a gif.

55Kb and only little animation?

Of course most people then seek to lower the colours in the sig or re-size it lets see what we get at 128 colours.

45Kb not bad but look having a closer look at it the colours have already started killing the images.

This is where the slicing comes in. Grab the slice tool (K) and make a part around the animated part/s. It should look like this now

Then to select the format you wantfor each part.

Photoshop users
Go to file-save for web and devices & select the parts you want to be. Eg top and bottom are set on PNG-8, 100 colours. The middle part is set of Gif 100 colours.

Image Ready Users
Go on the optimize panel and select the Slice Select Tool and click on the slices and optimize them in the panel till you satisied.

Then of course you have to make sure the slices are all AS safe and will connect properly without gaps. I usually just highlight them all and the details window will tell me the size.

----> 12.4Kb

----> 18.7Kb

----> 9.74Kb

Which is a total of 41Kb. Now remove the gaps between the slices and you should have something like this

And there you have it a nice & hopefully clear tut on using the slice tool

Tags
avatar, graphic, photoshop, signature