Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-04-25, 05:39   Link #23121
kaizerster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Awww, thank you Kazer (mind if I call you Kazer ? it's easier this way), I really like this.

And yeah, Sunrise staff, or more like, Okouchi, really loves his Kallen. She got so much crap from the fanbase and yet she is the one counting the most meaningful post serie material.

Now I have to say the whole "I wanted to forget" seems to a bit weird, when you see her song and the general feeling we got post serie, but since her final line joins what we thought before, it's fine.

Take that, CluClu in disguise, Gino is too busy learning samba and Kallen sounds so much like an eternal widow it's not even funny (or yes, it is :')
Lol, call me however you want.

And yeah, i think the whole "i wanted to forget" is more like, a lie to herself. She know she can;t, Kallen is way too Tifa-ish for her own good. Actually, WORSE than Tifa when it comes to waiting/longing for someone. Least, Tifa waited for Cloud that was alive, lol.
But anyway, you get my drift.
The materials that come after the series, only reinforce the idea of Kallen living a good life and keeping true to herself. And of course, never forgetting Lelouch duh. Cause ok, who are we kidding? Shipping IS srs bzness, rite?
kaizerster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 05:48   Link #23122
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerster View Post
Lol, call me however you want.

And yeah, i think the whole "i wanted to forget" is more like, a lie to herself. She know she can;t, Kallen is way too Tifa-ish for her own good. Actually, WORSE than Tifa when it comes to waiting/longing for someone. Least, Tifa waited for Cloud that was alive, lol.
But anyway, you get my drift.
The materials that come after the series, only reinforce the idea of Kallen living a good life and keeping true to herself. And of course, never forgetting Lelouch duh. Cause ok, who are we kidding? Shipping IS srs bzness, rite?
Tifaaaa <333
So, so true.

They are just those loyal girls who can't help but stay loyal, cause it's like, their major trait. It's sad, in some ways, and beautiful, in others.
I could even add Winry in this black. Why are your girls so awesome when those guys are all jackass // Ed was in the first serie but not in the manga though...OFF TOPIC anyway XD

Sounds very Kallen-ish to act like that in fact.
Now yeah, it's pretty much what's been confirmed (once again, though I guess some people will always come to interpret lines which are like...uninterpretationable. Geass fanbase), guess it's pretty much over now (that is, until my CG fumoffu anyway.)

Hope the new geass project will get girls as badass and awesome than Kallen was. And a happiest ending as well :/
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 05:52   Link #23123
kaizerster
Banned

Quote:
Tifaaaa <333
So, so true.

They are just those loyal girls who can't help but stay loyal, cause it's like, their major trait. It's sad, in some ways, and beautiful, in others.
I could even add Winry in this black. Why are your girls so awesome when those guys are all jackass // Ed was in the first serie but not in the manga though...OFF TOPIC anyway XD

Sounds very Kallen-ish to act like that in fact.
Now yeah, it's pretty much what's been confirmed (once again, though I guess some people will always come to interpret lines which are like...uninterpretationable. Geass fanbase), guess it's pretty much over now (that is, until my CG fumoffu anyway.)

Hope the new geass project will get girls as badass and awesome than Kallen was. And a happiest ending as well :/
Yeah, it is like a curse for those charas, and yet not much, because they feel complete that way? /Kallen generally has had that trait before meeting "loveeeee", getting hung up to her brother as well.

Well, yeah, i don;t really know, why a few people seem to reject stuff, when they are not even up for debate. They are facts at this point.

And here's to hoping some good charas will come out from the new project. No way, they can live up to the original of course which is why we should not really compare them ultimately, we should look at them with different entities.
Old 2010-04-25, 06:52   Link #23124
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
putting the aside the MASSIVE EPIC HEART WARMING KALULU AWESOMENESS

am i the only one who noticed that the guren seems to have undergone another change-through ?
the head is back the the same as it was in the kasoshiki (antenna instead of ears), and the arm is undergoing modifications (with the drill option)
the chest piece is also different, becoming similer to what it used to be before the upgrade, but its still got the shoulder harkens
another incarnation of the guren ?

it seems that the guren is still alive and kicking after all
Old 2010-04-25, 07:08   Link #23125
kaizerster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
You ever had a doubt about that?
Old 2010-04-25, 09:28   Link #23126
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Just saw the birthday PD, and our Kallen had a tear filled voice at the very end T.T
I really need a whole translation of what she said after Lelouch's disparition, as well as Nunally's monologue to Rolo and Lelouch >_<. Nina's was to Shirley btw.

That was kinda terrible, but so, so good.
In short, when it comes to Kallen (I'm too lazy to resume in general, so I'll do it only for Kallen -_-)

Spoiler:

And since I love this pic :

Also, Kallen was incredibly tsun tsun in this PD, till she turned totally dere dere in the end, as usual when it comes to Lelouch.
Wow. I'm gonna have to watch this episode. If for nothing else then just for the kalulu moments
________
Anal Videos

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:11.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 09:57   Link #23127
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
putting the aside the MASSIVE EPIC HEART WARMING KALULU AWESOMENESS

am i the only one who noticed that the guren seems to have undergone another change-through ?
the head is back the the same as it was in the kasoshiki (antenna instead of ears), and the arm is undergoing modifications (with the drill option)
the chest piece is also different, becoming similer to what it used to be before the upgrade, but its still got the shoulder harkens
another incarnation of the guren ?

I notice that too. I guess the guren runs in radiation again since the sakurite mines blew out. The drill modifications i guess could be use for reconstruction, but at least we know the key is more than just a decoration.
Old 2010-04-25, 13:49   Link #23128
Betteroffer

Quote:
Now I have to say the whole "I wanted to forgot" seems to a bit weird (or maybe really delusional), when you see her song and the general feeling we got post serie, but since her final line joins what we thought before, it's fine.
From what I am understanding of the PD, everyone seems to think it is normal that Lelouch and the others are alive with them until they start to fade away, correct? If so, then is it possible that Kallen could have meant that she wanted to forget the real world and stay in this 'dream' where Lelouch and the others were still alive and together in Ashford? That she basically meant "I wanted to forget the reality that doesn't have you in it."?
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 13:53   Link #23129
kaizerster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
From what I am understanding of the PD, everyone seems to think it is normal that Lelouch and the others are alive with them until they start to fade away, correct? If so, then is it possible that Kallen could have meant that she wanted to forget the real world and stay in this 'dream' where Lelouch and the others were still alive and together in Ashford? That she basically meant "I wanted to forget the reality that doesn't have you in it."?
Hum, that could be one interpretation. But idk, in a case like this, it would make more sense to say "i did not want to forget that ghosty-world etc. etc. or i wanted to remember etc.etc."
It seems to me, she is more like "i wanted to forget this inner turmoil etc.etc."
Because alright, as happy as Kallen;s ending is, there is always that bitter feeling attached to it.
Old 2010-04-25, 15:24   Link #23130
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerster View Post
Hum, that could be one interpretation. But idk, in a case like this, it would make more sense to say "i did not want to forget that ghosty-world etc. etc. or i wanted to remember etc.etc."
It seems to me, she is more like "i wanted to forget this inner turmoil etc.etc."
Because alright, as happy as Kallen;s ending is, there is always that bitter feeling attached to it.
Bittersweetness is like a synonym for Kallen and kalulu in general, so, guess it's not a surprise anymore to see it's always half good galf bad with her :/

Anyway, what striked me the most in this PD was how, when Lelouch began to fade away, he talked about how he had his mind on others things while he missed the very important thing which were right in front of him.

That was so beautiful, and so sad; It's basically what Lelouch was, a guy who loved his friends/family/whatever more than anything and only realized that when it was too late.
fav part of this PD, definitely, with Kallen's last line.

This reminds me of how in the show, we were wondering if Lelouch realised he loved Kallen during the kiss as well (since she realised that at this very moment.)
There is an amazing fic I read about this moment and I can't help but think it makes sense, cause once again, it's when it's too late, just like with everyone (Shirley, Euphie, and so on) that the guy might have realized that.

And that would explain the mutual kiss thing. He realize it while he kisses her and then broken mask, hidden eyes, and "goodbye" whisper.

This guy really deserved to live in that world, with the ones he loved. Such a shame people like Ougi and Viletta got it and not him. Such a shame...

@BetterOffer : Hmm I'm with kaizer there, I don't think it does make this much of a sense for her to say that this way, if she meant what you imply. Anyway I don't think it was about forgetting him (she made it quite clear that she didn't want to, in other material) but more like forget how it did hurt to live that, to lose him, and the feeling to see him gone.
But well, maybe that's not that XD Anyway, it'sdefinitely not forgetting about him.
Old 2010-04-25, 15:26   Link #23131
azul120

[OT]Yeah. Lelouch totally got Lenorolled by Ohgi and Villetta.[/OT]
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 15:31   Link #23132
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
[OT]Yeah. Lelouch totally got Lenorolled by Ohgi and Villetta.[/OT]
This is where you see that this show was kinda realistic behind the whole magical powers and immortality. The people who screwed everyone's life in the show (Shirley, Lelouch, by extension Kallen, Suzaku, C.C....) get the happy ending.

Life is a bitch :/
Old 2010-04-25, 15:32   Link #23133
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Well, Lelouch and Suzaku chose their own fate in the end, and I'm not going to begrudge them that, especially seeing how most of the time, they had very little control over their own lives. At least one thing they chose to do went off without a hitch.
Old 2010-04-25, 15:35   Link #23134
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well, Lelouch and Suzaku chose their own fate in the end, and I'm not going to begrudge them that, especially seeing how most of the time, they had very little control over their own lives. At least one thing they chose to do went off without a hitch.
Yeah, but one can argue that without Ougi and Viletta, the Turn 19 rebellion wouldn't have happened. Thus Lelouch wouldn't have turn suicidal and you can picture the rest.

Eventually, they chose their fate, but essentially cause of some huge hindrances, in the plan. Hindrance who were happily married and even get a baby.

Life is a bitch, that's about it.
Old 2010-04-25, 15:40   Link #23135
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I dunno, seeing how Zero Requiem is how things were supposed to end, I get the feeling that no matter what Lelouch did, he would've lost everything, one way or another.
Old 2010-04-25, 15:51   Link #23136
azul120

Except that ZR wouldn't have happened if not for the betrayal.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 16:03   Link #23137
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Hehe...wait to read in the OAV what Kallen will do at Ougi.

12 years are passed, but Kallen doesn't forget nothing.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 16:06   Link #23138
yvj
U Mad?

Old 2010-04-25, 16:06   Link #23139
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Except that ZR wouldn't have happened if not for the betrayal.
True. Lelouch most likely wouldn't have gotten to Charles in time.
Old 2010-04-25, 16:07   Link #23140
kaizerster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzo View Post
Hehe...wait to read in the OAV what Kallen will do at Ougi.

12 years are passed, but Kallen doesn't forget nothing.
Lol, kaaaay. The way you put it, is kind of funny actually.

Also, about Ougi+Viletta duo, yeah, of course they were pivotal parts to Lelouch's absolute distraction. Lelouch himself, was the pioneer of all the shit he brought himself (he even admitted so) but he also got a nice push by the above genius persons.