AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-12, 16:22   Link #201
dukedhx

First of all, good to know ur not the one who did it. Second of all, if Im gonna have any chance of dishing out all the "concrete" criticism, I think I may have to start a new thread and fill the first 20 pages or so withnot leaving any space 4 any "blanket statement". I wont fault ur friend 4 doing sth he enjoys, but that doesnt mean he gets to enjoy doing anything to sth we might enjoy! Does that make enough sense? I hope it does because by "barely" I think I done a hell of a job indicating the number of slips and mistakes in the translation, and hopefully the "outrageousness" of them as well. Last but not a bit possibly the least, its a dating-sim all-time classic we r talking about here, I seriously doubt if it can pass 4 one's tool 4 "lingual acquisition" for kami's sake! So if u really would love 4 me to start that "error-reporting-ish" thread and embrass us all, do let me know plz! 以上~~~
Old 2007-09-12, 17:00   Link #202
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Oh, the irony...
Tell me about it. I decided to be nice, though, for reasons unknown.

In any case, I'll tell my friend what you said, I guess. But, do realize before anything else, that you're in no place to tell people what to do with their free time...besides, I haven't heard any other complaints from people who are somewhat fluent in japanese.

In any case, using proper spelling and grammar to get your point across might make your case look more believable...because right now, telling you something like "if you don't like it, ignore it", and not paying attention to what you said, looks like the best option. Just a piece of advice.

Finally, if this is just an attempt to troll, look elsewhere...you're not going to get anything out of me.
Old 2007-09-12, 17:47   Link #203
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedhx View Post
First of all, good to know ur not the one who did it. Second of all, if Im gonna have any chance of dishing out all the "concrete" criticism, I think I may have to start a new thread and fill the first 20 pages or so withnot leaving any space 4 any "blanket statement". I wont fault ur friend 4 doing sth he enjoys, but that doesnt mean he gets to enjoy doing anything to sth we might enjoy! Does that make enough sense? I hope it does because by "barely" I think I done a hell of a job indicating the number of slips and mistakes in the translation, and hopefully the "outrageousness" of them as well. Last but not a bit possibly the least, its a dating-sim all-time classic we r talking about here, I seriously doubt if it can pass 4 one's tool 4 "lingual acquisition" for kami's sake! So if u really would love 4 me to start that "error-reporting-ish" thread and embrass us all, do let me know plz! 以上~~~
The translator doesn't owe you or anyone else a "good job"; "downloader beware" most certainly applies. He absolutely does get to enjoy doing it regardless of who else may or may not appreciate it. And your one and only available recourse is precisely the price you paid for the translation: absolutely nothing.

It would be one thing if you were coming here with a constructive, positive attitude, offering to legitimately help constructively improve this voluntary, fan project. You could have said "Hey, I'd like to contribute some suggestions to help improve the accuracy of the Japanese translation for this project. How can I help?" Instead, you come here with your amazingly awful grammar and spelling (How can we take anything you say about translation accuracy seriously if you can't even write a proper English sentence?), to complain about and criticize the way someone's spending their free time, and boast smugly about your own "clearly superior" Japanese skills. How deplorable, and postively embarrassing to you.

If you find the fan translation so offensive, I highly recommend that you uninstall the patch, return the game to its native Japanese, and enjoy this all-time classic in its pure, unaltered form. Then you can rest assured that you will never again have to be offended by someone else's voluntary, free, fan-inspired labour of love.
Old 2007-09-12, 20:24   Link #204
Chewy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedhx View Post
Why don't you just email the translator with the errors that you found ? I don't understand what whining about it here is going to accomplish. You CAN help improve the quality if you're so offended by it.
Old 2007-09-13, 00:56   Link #205
dukedhx

Alright, Ill start the thread, since he wants so much for me to be "so awesome", and wants so much for himself to be the opposite. Im currently working on a chinese patch 4 the game so the thread may take some time, but believe me, it wont disappoint anyone. And if my memory is correct, I dont think any of my replies or messages are interspearsed with or indicative of any sort of imprecation. So people here better get prepare 4 something so damn revealing and apocalytical that has driven the nice and kind translator to resort to foul language. ~~
Old 2007-09-13, 03:39   Link #206
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

dukedhx, i would like to humbly point you towards this part in our forum rules:

Quote:
Since this is an English forum we ask that all communication be in English. Ideally this means using proper English, with appropriate punctuation and capitalization, at all times. Excessive abbreviations and "l33t speak" are particularly unwelcome. We appreciate that English is not the first language of many of our members but ask that they try their best never-the-less; though in fairness, it is the native English speakers who abuse these guidelines most often.
... which is where you fail. Providing constructive criticism regarding the translation is fine, however simply whining about it is not, especially with your own butchering of english language in your posts. If you think your posts are faster to read this way then i can assure you they are not ... decoding takes more time than simply reading.

Second - if you are meaning to create the thread you speak of here, then i am going to say this - our forum is not the place for it. Go complain directly to the translator if you have a bone to pick with him, or use this thread if you have some constructive complaints/suggestions... put some effort in your posts There are not going to be any threads with the sole purpose of complaining about something.
Old 2007-09-13, 04:49   Link #207
◕‿‿◕

Sorry, Sky. I was just directing him the message from the translator. But you've got a point there, about how he shouldn't make the thread here. Didn't think about it.

Thanks for the support here anyway.

In any case, dukedhx, feel free to e-mail him or whatever, or if you have any constructive criticism for the patch, you can simply post in this thread. I won't continue arguing here.

@Skyfall - Can you edit the thread's name to "Da Capo Plus Communication - Translation patch"? I'm sure most people saw it by now, but it'd be nice if it was named what it should be.

Last edited by AvatarST; 2007-09-13 at 05:01.
Old 2007-09-13, 06:21   Link #208
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Thread title changed as requested.
Old 2007-09-13, 06:33   Link #209
◕‿‿◕

Thanks.
Old 2007-09-13, 07:48   Link #210
dukedhx

Sorry, Skyfall. I don't often read forum rules... I'll "stay kindly reminded" from now on~~

I guess it won't have any point for me to carry on here if I cannot start a new thread. I'll e-mail the translator once I have own project sorted out, I'll be in touch with him before too long~~
Old 2007-09-13, 09:00   Link #211
dukedhx

Oh, I think I can single out one or two mistakes before I vanish from here. Otherwise some may actually believe that I'm actually fully of **** and just a dumb*** who drops by to let off steam.

A.出会い頭にぶつからないと気が済まないのか、 Game Translation:It's like striking your head against a brick wall to break it.... (Hilarious, isn't it?)
My(Correct) translation:She had to bang her head against mine everytime we met, otherwise she wounldn't settle.

B.実はこれが挨拶なのかな……? Game Translation:Or is it her form of greeting the tree? (Tree? Where in God's name did the translator get that idea?)
My(correct) translation:So is it, in fact, a way of greeting each other?

C.金属バットで肩を叩きながら俺は首をかしげる。 Game Translation:I rest my head on the pat. (LOL. It's really spinning out of this world!)
My(correct) translation:I pat my iron bat on my shoulder (as if I was a baseball player).

D.必死に国語辞典をひきながら、意味を理解するのに15分もかかった代物だ。
Game translation:The definition of desparation, threatening innocents' lives. Having understood the situation, I got there 15 minutes earlier. (Out of this world,...this is just so getting creative...again, out of this world!)
My(Correct) Translation: I ran the japanese(needs revision) dictionary like crazy(desparately) for the meaning of the words, and it still still took me 15 mins to understand it(the letter).

I can honestly go on and on here until the judgement day, the doom of the world...etc. Anyway, I'll e-mail the translator as I promised when I have time. By then, he'll get the "whole package"~~~

Last edited by dukedhx; 2007-09-13 at 10:12.
Old 2007-10-15, 11:27   Link #212
morphex

Translation

Hello,

Can anyone send me the translation for DCPC on my email please?

morphex@volny.cz

Because translators website doesnt work.

thanks in advance
Old 2007-10-15, 13:02   Link #213
Kyuusaisha

I formated my computer not so long ago so I lost the patch and everything and now when I felt like playing through Kudou's route the site is down. So here I was wondering if anyone that still had the files could put it up on rapidshare and maybe give me some instructions on how to apply it.
Old 2007-10-15, 13:06   Link #214
relentlessflame

*Administrator

morphex and Kyuusaisha: The files are apparently being mirrored here. I'm pretty sure it contains instructions, but feel free to post if it doesn't work and we'll see if we can figure it out...
Old 2007-10-15, 14:28   Link #215
Kyuusaisha

Thanks relentlessflame. Got everything working now
Old 2007-10-30, 22:41   Link #216
gekicharger

need help cant find DCPC if anyone can help plz post or send me a link by email darkaga@hotmail.com
Old 2007-10-31, 14:14   Link #217
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gekicharger View Post
need help cant find DCPC if anyone can help plz post or send me a link by email darkaga@hotmail.com
If you mean the patch, it's available at the link I posted above. If you mean the game itself, there's a link to a store that sells it on that same page. Since it's a commercial/retail game, it's expected that you'd purchase it in order to use the patch.
Old 2007-10-31, 14:59   Link #218
◕‿‿◕

I should update the link.
Old 2007-11-08, 13:28   Link #219
gekicharger

aa domo
i think i got it now
Old 2007-11-10, 16:57   Link #220
MonkeyDude

Just finished playing through Kotori's path and I must say...

I'm extremely grateful to those who put their time and effort into making such a wonderful patch. Can't say that the translation itself doesn't have any errors, but you can't expect perfection from an alpha patch

Still can't believe there are people who would complain about getting a free translation. This is the reason why some groups/individuals would just stop translating or won't release the patch. People just can't be grateful with what they have...

Anyway...

Keep up the good work!
(prays for a translation of dcsv/dcws)
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, circus, ero-game, game patch, translation