AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2010-09-30, 10:53   Link #141
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
Before or after he split Russia in half?
that happen on vol 21. I think on the first chapter of the story

(I read that part but can't completely understand it)

but that one is novel spoilerssssss!

well back to the ability and network.

From the railgun's anime. The servers performance clearly on the level of 4 and above or maybe I could say level 5. From her attacks. It could rivals the other level 5's.

Though I think even if all your brains are clustered together. Your own affinity on an ability is still important. All Akiyama spam on mikoto is strong but individually it's not on the level of a level 5 but it's too vast and unpredictable that it can fight a level 5.

If I say on power. Akiya probably on a level 4 with more than one ability.
Old 2010-09-30, 23:09   Link #142
Flere821
Lurker

Well seeing as I haven't been banned (or received another warning) yet I think novel spoilers are allowed in this thread (is it...?) - I'm kinda jumpy atm ever since a mod gave me a warning about posting spoilers lol...

Can anyone tell me which thread/s I can/can't post spoilers in? It would be so much easier if all the threads I can't post spoilers in have the "NO SPOILER" alert like the season 2 discussion thread...

And just to say something on-topic... in Vol13 the ending said Aleister had a silver, curved staff preserved, and he mentioned he'll step in himself if necessary to get things done (In the Chinese translations anyway...) - any idea what Aleister Crowley, the strongest Magician of his time, is capable of? I'm guessing he's at least on Fiamma's level.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 23:22   Link #143
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Well seeing as I haven't been banned (or received another warning) yet I think novel spoilers are allowed in this thread (is it...?) - I'm kinda jumpy atm ever since a mod gave me a warning about posting spoilers lol...

Can anyone tell me which thread/s I can/can't post spoilers in? It would be so much easier if all the threads I can't post spoilers in have the "NO SPOILER" alert like the season 2 discussion thread...
I suppose as long as it's on topic... But just to be safe, you should spoiler-label them.

(And no, it might just mean that the mods haven't seen it yet )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
And just to say something on-topic... in Vol13 the ending said Aleister had a silver, curved staff preserved, and he mentioned he'll step in himself if necessary to get things done (In the Chinese translations anyway...) - any idea what Aleister Crowley, the strongest Magician of his time, is capable of? I'm guessing he's at least on Fiamma's level.
Aleister wrote countless books (see 'Magical Grimoires') during his time, seeing how powerful even one of those things are, we should assume he still got the mojo. As for what he's capable of... Perhaps something to do with the Major Arcanas of the Tarot cards? He did write a book on those I suppose... Refer to Persona 3 for more details but the gist is that those 22 cards represent the journey of life one takes How does that translate into spells I haven't really thought about it.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-30, 23:28   Link #144
tsunade666

His the one who leads the science side on what it is today. He also is the foundations of many magics in the world. I bet his more capable than Fiamama.

The spoilers are for light novel thread only. Refrain for more spoiling on other threads. That's why toaru sub threads are notorious on other threads here in animesuki. They always ended up spoiled while lurking around here.

Though fiamma itself is a spoiler but I think many people already know who he is. But people who doesn't read the novel probably wouldn't know about him.
Old 2010-10-01, 02:56   Link #145
giorno

Aleister should be able to use the magic from the book of the law....so i guess he could literally have an "all your powers combined" in reference to the esper powers, or something similar to God's Right Seat's angelic magic...
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 06:49   Link #146
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Or maybe since Aleister is taught by Aiwass his so called "magic" is actually AIM-based powers
Old 2010-10-01, 19:04   Link #147
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache Thunder View Post
As a possible lvl 6 ability, I think she may then be able to generate and manipulate Positrons.
why only positrons? what's wrong with anti-protons?

Quote:
That is, a Positron is an anti matter version of the Electron. If she could generate a large amount of positrons and electrons at the same time, and then proceed to concentrate them together and have them annihilate like antimatter and matter does when they touch, she could generate a beam of pure energy that would be many many times more powerful then her railgun.
...pure energy......doesn't exist....

problem with that is: if she generates enough energy(in the form of gamma rays) to use it as an effective attack, she's just as likely to get vaporized by the heat...(then again, if she can shot the railgun like that without frying her hands...)

besides, breaking down matter into molecules would be just as effective as vaporizing it...
Old 2010-10-01, 19:15   Link #148
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
besides, breaking down matter into molecules would be just as effective as vaporizing it...
Thats Meltdowner A.K.A. "Atom Breaker". For matter you have Dark Matter, which can maniupulate leptons, quarks, etc. Ask Kakine.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-01, 19:26   Link #149
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
Aleister should be able to use the magic from the book of the law....so i guess he could literally have an "all your powers combined" in reference to the esper powers, or something similar to God's Right Seat's angelic magic...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Or maybe since Aleister is taught by Aiwass his so called "magic" is actually AIM-based powers
Well, there's more to that. Aside from the [Book of the Law] He also wrote-

[The Goetia: The Lesser Key of Solomon the King], which is a popular book on demonology. It contains detailed descriptions of spirits and the conjurations needed to invoke and oblige them to do the will of the conjurer (referred to as the "exorcist"). It details the protective signs and rituals to be performed, the actions necessary to prevent the spirits from gaining control, the preparations prior to the invocations, and instructions on how to make the necessary instruments for the execution of these rituals.

[The Equinox: The Review of Scientific Illuminism]... I have no idea what this book is about But it's your usual occultism and magick, while several issues also contain poetry, fiction, plays, artwork, and biographies. That, and the word 'Scientific' caught my attention >.>

[The Book of Thoth] which describes the philosophy of Thoth Tarot cards, there's a whole bunch of magick talks about Tarot cards especially if you play the Persona series. What's interesting is that this book seem to connect Aleister to the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, which the Toaruniverse has already confirm exist and was his former magical order.
Old 2010-10-01, 19:28   Link #150
Miraluka
Banned

Interesting, btw, check the Second Season thread ;P.
Old 2010-10-02, 12:11   Link #151
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno
why only positrons? what's wrong with anti-protons?
Because anti-protons still behave like protons. Just because it has a negative charge like a normal electron doesn't mean it will behave like an electron.

Remember, anti-matter's only real difference from normal matter is the change in charge. So a molecule of anti-matter would have the same properties as normal matter. It could even form solids and stuff like normal molecules.

Quote:
...pure energy......doesn't exist....
Well no it's not pure energy. I could explain all the energy types released but I dumbed it down to pure energy as it's easiest way to explain it. :P

Actually a good portion of energy from anti-matter/matter collisions is not all gamma rays. Most of it is weak interacting particles and stuff that won't even have any effect on normal matter. But still a good portion of gamma rays is produced and when combined with a macro scale amount of positron/electron annihilation, it would produce something close to the power of a beam of energy that is produced during the collision of two neutron stars or the formation of black hole.

Though the heavier particles like protons and neutrons (yep, even the neutron has a anti matter version of itself) will produce more energy when destroyed as they are larger particles and have more energy bound up into them.

Quote:
problem with that is: if she generates enough energy(in the form of gamma rays) to use it as an effective attack, she's just as likely to get vaporized by the heat...(then again, if she can shot the railgun like that without frying her hands...)
She might be able to figure out how to angle/direct the energy to a single direction. But as I said this is something she might be able to do only as a level 6.

If she tried this as level 5, she would most certainly lack the control of all the energies emitted and will be destroyed along with anything else she was trying this on. Normally the energies released would just go out in all directions. But recall that on neutron star collisions, the energy is indeed confined to a beam. (though it's bi-directional and emits front and back). This is the result of the rotation of the merging neutron starts I suspect. So...If Misaka imparts enough "rotational energy" onto the Electrons and Positrons it would be enough to confine all the energy into beam, it would be bi-directional like in nature, so most likely she won't be firing it directly in-front of her like with Index when firing the Dragon's breath. She would probably do this to her side so that both ends of the beam don't directly interact with her. Though the bad thing is that aiming will be difficult since she would have to aim it so the other beam doesn't hit anything that might be important behind her.

Think about it this way, a beam from a gamma ray burst during neutron star collisions has the power to completely rip off Earth's atmosphere and fry everything to a crisp even if the Earth was several thousand light years away! I shudder to think what would happen to the unfortunate soul that she would do this on. I can't imagine her using such a weapon in the first place though as even at low levels it would be lethal. It may even give Touma a run for his money. She would have to be in a pretty bad emotional state to consider such a weapon. Only person I could think of is Accelerator. At one point she out right tried to kill him, and if she had this ability she would most certainly would have used it. But of coarse Accelerator would just redirect it though.

Quote:
Well yes it would. Especially if this were to be directed at Accelerator. Assuming she can do it directly however sing meltdowner has to directly touch something to brake it down I think. If Misaka can alter molecules from a distance, then maybe she might be able to try this on Accelerator. In the end he might be able to hold him self together under such an attack, but it won't be easy. It depends how complex the interactions of his molecules becomes as she attempts to rip them apart. Accelerator's ability is driven by his calculation ability. If the process is too chaotic and complex, Accelerator may not be able to stop it.

At the end of the day however, any esper having the ability to generate and control any form of anti-matter would be EXTREMELY dangerous. Not to just to anyone near them or the city they are living in, but the entire planet could be torn apart by the energies involved. I think it would be kind of a bad idea to let anyone reach level 6. Since this entails that they would at some point be able manipulate anti-matter.

I don't think having an adolescent teen with possible emotional issues having such powers is a good idea. It won't end well. :P
Apache Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 14:07   Link #152
Phibrizzo
Honos628

When will people realize everything misaka can do accelerator can null it. What you say already Kakine could doit at quantum spectrum and we all know what happen to him in the end.
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 15:10   Link #153
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache Thunder View Post
Because anti-protons still behave like protons. Just because it has a negative charge like a normal electron doesn't mean it will behave like an electron.
yes, but Misaka's power isn't limited to electrons, she manipulates electromagnetism, so she would be able to affect protons and anti-protons as well, and as you said
Quote:
Though the heavier particles like protons and neutrons (yep, even the neutron has a anti matter version of itself) will produce more energy when destroyed as they are larger particles and have more energy bound up into them.

Quote:
She might be able to figure out how to angle/direct the energy to a single direction. But as I said this is something she might be able to do only as a level 6.
even if she can control the direction of the burst(at level 6, i guess she should be able to, by manipulating/creating magnetic fields), there is still the problem of ambient heat...

Quote:
Think about it this way, a beam from a gamma ray burst during neutron star collisions has the power to completely rip off Earth's atmosphere and fry everything to a crisp even if the Earth was several thousand light years away! I shudder to think what would happen to the unfortunate soul that she would do this on.
well, if she wants to pull that off on Earth, she wouldn't generate that much energy though...(assuming she would be able to generate that much energy in the first place...)
Old 2010-10-02, 22:04   Link #154
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Thats Meltdowner A.K.A. "Atom Breaker". For matter you have Dark Matter, which can maniupulate leptons, quarks, etc. Ask Kakine.
Umm....Kakine's Dark Matter is not the dark matter of cosmology....

It's something else entirely that does not obey the laws of this world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
When will people realize everything misaka can do accelerator can null it. What you say already Kakine could doit at quantum spectrum and we all know what happen to him in the end.
What has Accelerator got to do with this.....he's not even in the discussion.
Old 2010-10-02, 23:38   Link #155
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Umm....Kakine's Dark Matter is not the dark matter of cosmology....

It's something else entirely that does not obey the laws of this world.
I used "Dark Matter" way of use I didn't mean that dark matter.
Old 2010-10-09, 22:35   Link #156
Voxxen
Observer

Lightbulb Just wondering about a new kind of power Misaka might have

I was surfing around the internet and stumbled upon Coronal Mass Ejection, that the sun ejects.

After looking through it, i thought she might be able to produce something similar such as Electromagnetic radiation.

Now i don't exactly know what would happen to a human being exposed to this type/levels of radiation. But i imagine they might be vaporize, severely burnt or maybe somewhat demented?

Anyone want to enlighten me on if this is possible and its effects?

*After reading up more on Electromagnetic radiation i found that it is used to make objects at a distance have magnetic fields or something similar.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also i was wondering that if Misaka is able to fly (i know it was only in the SS) but she is essentially creating plasma through hydrolysis and thus creating a Magnetoplasmadynamic propulsion method to fly.

(love the way Ice Blocks states it, she's always so insightful.

But couldn't she create plasma that way, condense it through magnetic fields into a sort of ball lightning and then once the magnetic field deteriorates create a sort of plasmid explosion as it expands?
Which could have many different purposes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't read the Light Novel yet (to my regret) but during the railgun manga she uses a magnetic burst as a sort of shield.

By creating a strong electromagnetic or just plain magnetic burst she is able to reflect/stop/misdirect the ionoized particles in the front of the shield and as the particles reach the stronger portions of the blast it could ionize none ionized particles? thus creating a shield from "most" anything. I would imagine it taking a fair bit of magnetic force to do so, but it should serve as a fair defense.
(if its possible, any one with more insight?)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now i'll get to my final question which would be the Gamma Ray's discussed earlier.

Would it be possible, (yet very taxing) for Misaka to create the blast in front of her with both beams going opposite directions and then place a strong magnetic field in the beams directions; forcing them to curve in front of her. Thus creating a two beam strike that would converge on the target?

I anxiously await your opinion, advice, experience and expertise.
(I am no physics major by far, just a creative thinker xD)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I gave the fight with accelerator a lot of thought and the only way i could see her wining the fight would be to do a stronger version of the attack the sister was using.

I would say by using magnetism (at a level like magneto from x-man) cause a bubble of iron to surround him and continue to force him in the bubble like iron while sending an electrical shock through the iron, (on the molecular level of course or maybe she can do it with her own power i mean a level 3 was using it) change the air particles to O3 thus suffocating him to death.

He could break out but imagine having no air to breath for a moment and then she just closes the bubble again till he cant concentrate anymore and he suffocates to death. win!

He couldn't accelerate the air to make himself propel forwards there is no air.
I don't know what he could to by accelerating O3 but it seems the only way to beat him would be to suffocate him. How could he reverse her changing the air in the sphere to O3 and if he did it would change her charge which would change it from air to (i don't know the opposite charge) like helium or something?

Assuming she can manipulate iron like magneto of course.

Last edited by Voxxen; 2010-10-11 at 09:14. Reason: Thought of something else
Voxxen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-10, 19:51   Link #157
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
BTW can someone explain what the Age of Horus and the Age of Osiris is?
Within the system of Thelema which the real life Aleister Crowley created, history is broken down into a series of Aeons, each with its own dominant concept of divinity and its own "formula" of redemption and advancement. It can also be seen as human's state of belief. In long story short, the age of Osiris represent death, suffering, and all the bad things.

"The second [Aeon] is of suffering and death: the spiritual strives to ignore the material. Christianity and all cognate religions worship death, glorify suffering, deify corpses."

The Aeon of Horus represent a time of self-realization as well as a growing interest in all things spiritual, and is considered to be dominated by the principle of the child.

"The Aeon of Horus is here: and its first flower may well be this: that, freed of the obsession of the doom of the Ego in Death, and of the limitation of the Mind by Reason, the best men again set out with eager eyes upon the Path of the Wise, the mountain track of the goat, and then the untrodden Ridge, that leads to the ice-gleaming pinnacles of Mastery!"
Old 2010-10-10, 21:04   Link #158
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

that said, there is supposedly a FOURTH aeon after Horus, the Aeon of Ma'at.
The Age of TouMa'at .
Old 2010-10-11, 23:28   Link #159
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Just a note, Aeon of Ma'at was proposed by Frater Achad, not Crowley.

Crowley did anticipate the coming of fourth Aeon, but he did not name it the Aeon of Ma'at.

If I remembered correctly, Hrumachis was stated to come after Horus in the Book of Law.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-12, 04:44   Link #160
HyperCube

Anyone has an idea about the goal of Aleister Crowley? ( the real one)
HyperCube is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hard science