AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-08, 00:48   Link #81
DangerMouse

Awesome, still looking forward to this! Finally an airdate

But January? Glad it's relatively soon but I hope that doesn't mean it'll only be a short 12/13 eps after this long wait, that'd be a bit of a letdown, I'm hoping for something in the 26 ep range so it can be a bigger adventure story and also since space scifi is so rare these days.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 01:19   Link #82
justpassingby

Nice. And I never thought that the word "Bodacious" will be used for an anime title

And the casts are

Katou Marika: Komatsu Mikako
Chiaki Kurihara: Kanazawa Hana
Endou Mami: Omigawa Chiaki (Marika's friend that work together at Lamp)
Glewell Serenity: Tomatsu Haruka
Katou Ririka: Kaida Yuko
Misa Grandwood: Itou Shizuka
Cain McDougal: Matsukaze Masaya
Hyakume: Fujiwara Keiji
Courier: Horie Yui
Schnitzer: Miyaki Kenta
Ruka: Mizuhara Kaoru
Sandaime: Matsuoka Yoshitsugu
Narration: Koyama Rikiya

Recently bought another work by Sasamoto Yuuichi, "星のダンスを見においで"
(Let's go and see the Star Dance). The opening scene is quite similar to Miniskirt Space Pirates, where ships are coming out to/from Galaxy Corridor

Last edited by justpassingby; 2011-10-08 at 03:08.
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-08, 08:05   Link #83
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Nice. And I never thought that the word "Bodacious" will be used for an anime title

And the casts are

Katou Marika: Komatsu Mikako
Chiaki Kurihara: Kanazawa Hana
Endou Mami: Omigawa Chiaki (Marika's friend that work together at Lamp)
Glewell Serenity: Tomatsu Haruka
Katou Ririka: Kaida Yuko
Misa Grandwood: Itou Shizuka
Cain McDougal: Matsukaze Masaya
Hyakume: Fujiwara Keiji
Courier: Horie Yui
Schnitzer: Miyaki Kenta
Ruka: Mizuhara Kaoru
Sandaime: Matsuoka Yoshitsugu
Narration: Koyama Rikiya

Recently bought another work by Sasamoto Yuuichi, "星のダンスを見においで"
(Let's go and see the Star Dance). The opening scene is quite similar to Miniskirt Space Pirates, where ships are coming out to/from Galaxy Corridor
That's a pretty great VA line up, looking forward to this much more now.

The New Year couldn't come quicker!
Old 2011-10-08, 08:32   Link #84
justpassingby

There is going to be a Pre-Air Event on December 11th at Ikejiri Oohashi 2.5D (Ticket 1000Yen). Director and casts will be attending, and new PV and details about theme songs will be revealed. And according to the official site, there is a possibility for the casts to change. Source

Edit:

With the announced casts are the same, here are the new ones, (official site updated as October 21st)
Spoiler for additional casts:

All the above spellings are my take. The official one will probably be different :P
Novel vol 7 will be on sale November 18th

Edit: According to someone who reviewed vol 6 at amazon jp, the person claimed to be of 60 years old. So yeah, the show is supposed to be less in the fanservice department, but the story may not be for everyone. Was LOGH was for everyone?

Last edited by justpassingby; 2011-10-31 at 17:39.
Old 2011-10-24, 08:57   Link #85
justpassingby

There was a special message (short interview) from Sasamoto regarding the anime Source

- Sasamoto anticipation is bigger than anxiety regarding this anime
- The author didn't involve in the selection of seiyuu. He let Satou (director) to do as he likes, but in return "Please make it an interesting story"
Spoiler:

- When asked about the concept and theme of Miniskirt Space Pirates, he originally intended to write "A decent Space Story", but if "A decent Space Story" alone, it will become too hard and no one will follow. "Put in high school girl and let them wear pirates suit, and it became soft and reader will be able to follow (笑) (lol)"
- Look forward to the anime

Edit:
Spoiler:

Last edited by justpassingby; 2011-12-01 at 08:38. Reason: "Thing" -> "Story"
Old 2011-10-30, 15:26   Link #86
Midonin
Last Engage

January, eh? My pirate-mania should be winding down around that time, but this'll help keep it wound for a few months more.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 04:49   Link #87
justpassingby

Kawamori Shouji of Macross, Eureka 7, 0083 etc fame did the design for Odette II. At first, it only has 3-parts sails, before it increased to six, and ended with nine. He enjoyed designing it link

I think he refers to Odette II's solar sails, which loosely resemble IKAROS's solar sail

Spoiler for IKAROS:

Last edited by justpassingby; 2011-10-31 at 05:00.
Old 2011-11-06, 11:52   Link #88
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Just now checking up on upcoming Winter 2011 shows.

This will be either extremely good, or a fun mess. Hard to imagine how the fusion of miniskirts, space action, and pirates, could create anything else.

So I'm definitely looking forward to it.
Old 2011-11-07, 06:04   Link #89
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I always think that Angela is doing opening theme. I just hope that my dream for this will become true !
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 06:42   Link #90
ykf566

Is there a male protagonist or anything equivalent?

Dark Wing mentioned it's not harem which is surprising, but given its seemingly large female cast i'm still abit skeptical. Would be nice if there was some yuri in it too.
ykf566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 07:59   Link #91
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykf566 View Post

Dark Wing mentioned it's not harem which is surprising, but given its seemingly large female cast i'm still abit skeptical. Would be nice if there was some yuri in it too.
There's not male protagonist in this series.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 08:54   Link #92
justpassingby

Sasamoto always uses female character as the MC. Though there are instances such as 裏山の宇宙船 and 妖精作戦 where there are male MCs, but the female MCs are more important
If one is to pick which male has more page-times in the MouPai novels, it will be Cain McDougal
Spoiler:

The main site background images has been updated for quite a time, in case no one notices. Aside from the main casts, I couldn't determine which girl is who, well except probably the first two from the right (Jennie, Rin) and the last one (that would be Mami)
Spoiler:

So we already know Odette II and Bentenmaru. Looking forward to Barbarossa (Chiaki's father's ship) For a ship that means "Red Beard" in Italian, how did the captain ended up as "Black Beard" . Sure bring back the memories of Siegfried from LOGH ;_;
Spoiler:

Quote:
Would be nice if there was some yuri in it too.
Spoiler for Vol 3 pg 248:

Last edited by justpassingby; 2011-11-08 at 08:54.
Old 2011-11-07, 13:54   Link #93
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I love space anime, and this is the only one we've had since, what, Gurren Lagann?

Looking forward to this one.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 19:48   Link #94
justpassingby

^ I think there are space anime post TTGL like Space Cake, Cobra, etc. But not many of them took place in Tau Ceti like Mouretsu Pirates. Those who familiar with Asimov's Foundation novels and Wing Commander games would probably remember that location
Old 2011-11-07, 22:36   Link #95
Dark Wing

Quote:

Nope no male leads at all...Also an all female cast does not always equal harem. The summery from ANN posted on the top of the second page in this thread even tells you what story is about. A young girl who inherits her dads space ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN
The story centers around a spirited high school girl named Marika. She keeps herself busy with the space yacht club and her part-time job at a high-class retro café. One day, two men suddenly appear and claim to be subordinates of her dead father. They demand that she assume command of the space pirate ship Benten Maru. A privateer ship's compact was made during a war of independence a century ago, and according to that compact, the ship must be inherited by the captain's next direct descendant. Marika finds herself embarking on a new life as a space pirate.

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2011-11-07 at 22:49.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 23:21   Link #96
ykf566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Nope no male leads at all...Also an all female cast does not always equal harem. The summery from ANN posted on the top of the second page in this thread even tells you what story is about. A young girl who inherits her dads space ship.
Well if there was a male lead, given its seemingly large female cast it most likely would have been harem, which was why i asked. Pleasantly surprised its not, and just that alone has me interested
ykf566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-08, 05:31   Link #97
justpassingby

The director, Satou Tatsuo had experiences in directing anime with female MC/large female casts and involving space/mecha. I personally recommend Uchuu no Stellvia and Nadesico.

In fact, he is the chief director for Rinne no Lagrange scheduled for January next year

Edit
Spoiler for Vol 7:

Edit II
Washio Naohiro (Link 1, Link 2) is in charge of designing Bentenmaru. He said he is a novice (yeah right :P), and he hoped with the Mouretsu Pirates anime, the fans for SF will increase
Washio also did novel illustrations for Japanese and Japanese-translated English SF novels

Edit III
vol 7 is delayed to November 25th

Edit IV:
I just noticed the Skull with a Biwa sign at Benten Maru's hull. The 丸 "Maru" can be used as a suffix to ship's name Link, so the ship name is to honor the goddess Benten . The seven crews + Princess Gleewell probably refers to the goddess' eight hands, with Marika as the head :P

Edit V
Newtype. Here hoping someone will deliver HQ version

Last edited by justpassingby; 2011-11-10 at 09:11.
Old 2011-11-10, 14:32   Link #98
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

All the talk about it not possibly being a harem series due to the lack of a male lead ignores the the fact that only guys can have one.

Either way I am really glad it doesn't look its going to be a harem series but a SciFi action one. Though if we do get some Yuri I'll be happy.
Stevie_Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 14:38   Link #99
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Awesome, still looking forward to this! Finally an airdate

But January? Glad it's relatively soon but I hope that doesn't mean it'll only be a short 12/13 eps after this long wait, that'd be a bit of a letdown, I'm hoping for something in the 26 ep range so it can be a bigger adventure story and also since space scifi is so rare these days.
I wonder, if this is being based off of light novels, maybe 12/13 might be a natural break point. I do agree I would hope it goes longer. Or at the very least it is successful that there will be sequels to cover later novels.

Speaking of which, I wonder why space SciFi anime series has become rare these days? I can't remember one, at least one that is not mostly a mecha series, off hand for the last 4-5 years. Nanoha is partly space SciFi, but its mostly a magical girl/mecha series hybrid.

Last edited by Stevie_Nix; 2011-11-10 at 15:28.
Stevie_Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 17:51   Link #100
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
Speaking of which, I wonder why space SciFi anime series has become rare these days?
They don't sell. Same reason we don't have fantasy adventure anime anymore in spite of the number of ongoing manga under that genre.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri