AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-12-27, 00:34   Link #41
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Looking forward to it, I like the character designs and artwork, actually They looks similiar to Esca and Heat Guy, but they are different... in a way, never would have guessed at first glance they were by the same person. Haven't played the games and not a fan of sci-fi, but the art hooked me like usual.
ChibiDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 21:14   Link #42
galancete
composer of dreams

Nobuteri Yuki? yuk!! the only thing I hated about Escaflowne was the noses, almost like ussop from One Piece! but anyway I agreewith you in that Xenogears was waaay better that Xenosaga!! but anyway I'd give it a try to Xenosaga the animation.
galancete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 22:33   Link #43
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Has there ever been a good anime thats been based off a video game? I can't think of any... And I mean Mainstream games not H-games.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-27, 23:48   Link #44
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

True. Still, we hope for the first one.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 00:33   Link #45
TrueKnight

I actually thought that Zone of the Enders : Idolo and Zone of the Enders : Dolores are fantastic. The perfect adaptation from the game imo. It really gave the ZoE feels amongst the fan that ZoE, ZoE 2 : Anubis and ZoE : Fist of Mars delivered in the game.

The anime version received many positive responds from the fan rather than negative ones. But again, it's Sunrise that was doing the animation for the ZoE anime and there's the direct involvement pf the scripwriters from Konami themselves.

So there you have it.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 00:34   Link #46
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
Has there ever been a good anime thats been based off a video game? I can't think of any... And I mean Mainstream games not H-games.
Gunparade March?
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 00:36   Link #47
Talesweaving
Bonta-Kun SWAT Team

The people who are planning to do this anime must be smoking on sumthing... Xenosaga? W T F... That game isn't good as their older game Xenogears...

And yes, I beat both of the games.
Talesweaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 03:20   Link #48
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talesweaving
The people who are planning to do this anime must be smoking on sumthing... Xenosaga? W T F... That game isn't good as their older game Xenogears...

And yes, I beat both of the games.
Yes, Xenogears is a far better game than Xenosaga. (And I liked Xenosaga a lot.) The reasons for choosing Xenosaga instead are pretty clear though. Xenosaga is more popular and easier to understand. Choosing Xenogears would have been a very bad marketing decision.

Shame really. I'd have particularly interested in seeing the last segment of Xenogears animated so I can finally see it finished properly, but it would have been a huge mistake on their part to make that choice. They do have to make money after all.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 03:52   Link #49
Talesweaving
Bonta-Kun SWAT Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Yes, Xenogears is a far better game than Xenosaga. (And I liked Xenosaga a lot.) The reasons for choosing Xenosaga instead are pretty clear though. Xenosaga is more popular and easier to understand. Choosing Xenogears would have been a very bad marketing decision.

Shame really. I'd have particularly interested in seeing the last segment of Xenogears animated so I can finally see it finished properly, but it would have been a huge mistake on their part to make that choice. They do have to make money after all.
Well im not sure about the popular part(must be the hype or graphics... "ZOMG LOOK ITS AN XENO-SERIES AND ITS PS2!!), but yes, Xenogears in my opinion has the better story and characters... even if Xenogears' 2nd disc sucked ass, it still beats xenosaga by far.
Talesweaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 08:39   Link #50
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy
ZOE Dolores i and Gungrave.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-28, 10:23   Link #51
TrueKnight

Xenogear sold about average numbers in Japan, not that big. Xenosaga sold's leagues better than Xenogear because people were interested in "OMG HOT ANDROID KOS-MOS" and the pedophiliac sex object "MOMO" before even got into the story and appreciated it, before they finally spread the word into others . So yeah, first they're basically pedos.

NOT YOU OF COURSE.

So let's talk about the story shall we?

Spoiler:

And holy crap, I can't believe I forgot about Gungrave. Best game -> anime adaptation ever.
Old 2004-12-29, 04:00   Link #52
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Well I guess I'll have to check out Gungrave someday to see if these rumors of it being good are true.

But back to Xenosaga. Does anyone know where the anime stands in the games storyline. Like is it just filler or is it before the events of the first game?
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 04:09   Link #53
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

since there's KOS-MOS, I doubt it's before the events of the first game. Though I'm not sure if it's a straight adaptation or some parallel story or something...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-29, 22:27   Link #54
ForeverGoNe
Inflammation

I've played #1 and been playing the 2nd, and I've just recently heard about the animation but it was only in the planning stages. So its official now? Its going to be interesting, but is all the characters from the game starring inside the series?
ForeverGoNe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-01, 08:08   Link #55
TrueKnight

Ha! Toei finally updated they goddamn site on Xenosaga, and I have to admit it, I kinda like the character designs.

http://member.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/xenosaga/index.html

The trailer :

http://a.scarywater.net/shi-fa/%5BSh...5D.avi.torrent

woohoo!!

Kos-mos is cute though.

The Yuri undertones seems unavoidable.

Last edited by TrueKnight; 2005-01-01 at 08:22.
Old 2005-01-01, 11:13   Link #56
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
Not that I am trying to sound pressimistic but the flash movie looks like a flash movie of an ero-anime (the ones on those h studio websites) .
Old 2005-01-02, 08:56   Link #57
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I'm a bit dissapointed they chose Saga instead of Gears basically because I've been longing for Gears to be told in a medium other than a game. I hated every aspect of Gears that made it a game and only really liked (loved, actually) the parts which could be transfered to another medium. Actually, Saga was my first PS2 import (If I would've known what spiral of spending would ensue afterwards I would've passed. My gaming shelf is over half imports now)

However, this was deffinately the right descision for them from a marketing standpoint. Gears' JP fanbase has long since been replaced by a Saga fanbase and they'd just hit closer to target with their intended audience if they made a Saga anime. I just hope it's not as dissapointing as that HoiHoi-san was. I have the import which is also dissapointing tho. *sigh* So much wasted potential.

And as for anime/game transitions even not counting H games there are still numerous quality ones. Just steer away from fighting games and big-name titles and you'll be fine. The reason fighting animes tend to be poor is because most fighting game series lack the story and character depth we're used to seeing in an anime. Actually, Guilty Gear is likely the best candidate for a fighting game/anime transition but sadly that's not seeming to be happening anytime soon. As for big-name titles, it's usually clear the development team hasn't even played the game. If you recall some time ago burning muscle with SF2V?
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-03, 00:26   Link #58
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Quote:
I actually thought that Zone of the Enders : Idolo and Zone of the Enders : Dolores are fantastic. The perfect adaptation from the game imo. It really gave the ZoE feels amongst the fan that ZoE, ZoE 2 : Anubis and ZoE : Fist of Mars delivered in the game.

The anime version received many positive responds from the fan rather than negative ones. But again, it's Sunrise that was doing the animation for the ZoE anime and there's the direct involvement pf the scripwriters from Konami themselves.

So there you have it.
I only played the first ZOE game and it was fun. The anime did a good job pulling you even deeper into the ZOE unviverse with a good story and characters.

Edit: Hmm after careful examination the character on the site compared to the trailers looks a bit off. Ha, the only character that looks decent is Momo.

Last edited by Wandering_Youth; 2005-01-04 at 04:06.
Wandering_Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 01:55   Link #59
^danshi^
running bear

Quote:
Kos-mos is cute though.
I wouldn't define something weighing 96 kilos as cute, but maybe that's just me.
^danshi^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-01-04, 15:50   Link #60
Avrin

Anyone have an idea who is going to fansub this? It's out Jan 5th which is tomorrow, and I can't wait to see it.
Avrin is offline   Reply With Quote