AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-07, 00:23   Link #1
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Payday 2

4 player coop (with single player as well) and there are numerous level difficulties and payouts (of course the harder a heist is, the better the payout)

Game is set to come out August 13th. Game is super fun and I love how things can go wrong at any time; like a civilian across the street sees you take out a guard and calls the cops just when you're almost done with the "sneaky" heist >_> and how civilian, guard/police, and even item placement are RNG. I've never played the first one, but so far from what I've heard that this #2 is better especially with all the weapon and mask customization.

It's currently in beta right now until release. The only way to get a beta key is to buy the Criminal Edition (which makes the game $50 instead of $30) or to find one off the net. A lot of twitch.tv players have keys and are giving them out if you watch them (I personally think it's stupid, but that's the only way to advertise their channel). I ended up buying the Criminal Edition (I gave my key to brother).

Max level is 30 in the beta, level 100 is the max in the real game. You get 1 skill point for every level and 2 skill points every 10 levels which totals to 120 skill points when you hit level 100. They are used to buy skills off 4 "class" trees, the mastermind, enforcer, technician, and ghost. Each have their own bonuses (some are quite useless though haha).

It DOES get a bit repetitive, but considering that there's gonna be like 20 heists (5 are playable in the beta) when the game is released (heists can last between 1 to 7 days long) and there are expected DLC, I don't think it'll be repetitive for awhile, at the least (in addition to the RNG system they have).

Oh if anyone IS getting it and/or is in the beta and wants to play send me a message I'll add you to steam. I don't know of too many people that are getting the game so it'd be nice to have a group that is always willing to play.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 04:52   Link #2
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

In the beta and been playing for a while. Work and EVE prevents me from playing a lot, but when I'm on, I'm on. Add "ax" or "apocnuke" on Steam for some robbin'.

Also, as a general tip, bring an Ammo Pack in public games... You'll be doing a lot of the shooting yourself in my experience.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 07:35   Link #3
DJ_Applejack
Space Pony

Release date is August 13th guys! I love this game and highly recommend it!! This game outshines the last one (although the last one was pretty bad).
DJ_Applejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 10:46   Link #4
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Game comes out tomorrow! Looks like you can preload the game right now. Definitely worth it guys for $30! A shame there was no "open" beta. I think if they did that they would get more customers.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote