AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-25, 07:52   Link #41
OnionSoup

^^ hehe handcock
Old 2009-08-25, 08:02   Link #42
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

A bit more translated by ao hige:

Quote:
Nja
Sorry to cut you guys off...

Whether Oars died or not isn't clear

Hancock is trashing enemies up, but the only parts that's shattering are the parts that got stoned. There's some pirates and marines still talking as their right arm is crumbling, so it's not clear if they are dead.
Old 2009-08-25, 08:17   Link #43
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankss View Post
Well it sounds pretty right.Blackbeard is the main villain and Poseidon+Pluton are the H-Bombs of One Piece world.Maybe when this war is all over and Blackbeard'll make his appearance on a legendary mass destruction weapon, the real second half story of One Piece will begin.

And maybe Luffy will give a break to One Piece and search for Pluton to prevent BB from becoming Pirate King? Why make 2 weapons while you can have one
I don't see it coming that way... if BB has poseidon and luffy has pluton that would be 1-1=0 booring tough...

Why luffy had franky as an engineer and robbin(for her knowledge)...'''
so far they are good with their own thing like merry & sunny if anything would replace sunny in the near future that wouldn't be a thing like pluton but something that created by the strawhat's...
(aaaah... sorry I only thought that pluton & poseidon are a batle ship)

ott...
did oda had ever mentioned about what the name of Roger's Pirate battleship?

Still waiting for rayleigh to popup in the battle field with coated sunny...
Old 2009-08-25, 08:24   Link #44
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
A bit more translated by ao hige:

"Hancock is trashing enemies up, but the only parts that's shattering are the parts that got stoned."

Am I the only one that just felt weird about this? very naughty Hancock
Old 2009-08-25, 08:31   Link #45
Serous

So,Blackbeard finding Poseidon is false?
Old 2009-08-25, 08:37   Link #46
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I don't see it coming that way... if BB has poseidon and luffy has pluton that would be 1-1=0 booring tough...

Why luffy had franky as an engineer and robbin(for her knowledge)...'''
so far they are good with their own thing like merry & sunny if anything would replace sunny in the near future that wouldn't be a thing like pluton but something that created by the strawhat's...
(aaaah... sorry I only thought that pluton & poseidon are a batle ship)

ott...
did oda had ever mentioned about what the name of Roger's Pirate battleship?

Still waiting for rayleigh to popup in the battle field with coated sunny...
Roger's ship was called the Oro Jackson

Quote:
So,Blackbeard finding Poseidon is false?
I think it was obvious it was fake from the start. How would BB find a legendary weapon in Impel Down?
Old 2009-08-25, 10:03   Link #47
SMASHERJACKSON

so BB doesnt hav posoiden after all? seemed abit too straigt forward....

wonder if oars is alive or not, would be the firs casualty of the war.

as for hancock, she kills men by breaking their bits that get hard eh?
Old 2009-08-25, 10:23   Link #48
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
Roger's ship was called the Oro Jackson

I think it was obvious it was fake from the start. How would BB find a legendary weapon in Impel Down?
unless Impel Down was posident.
Old 2009-08-25, 11:20   Link #49
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Let's not go over this again luffy beat 2 warlords. If you think they story give him a advantage that up to you. But that's in the past and the same way you think they luffy had a advantage ,i think it's the other way around, both warlords had advantage over him .
You're right; we've been over this countless times in the past, and my claims have yet to be proven wrong. I'm only stating the truth of what happened. People like you only look at the results, whereas I look at the circumstances that led to those results. There is a big difference between the two.
Old 2009-08-25, 12:18   Link #50
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
You're right; we've been over this countless times in the past, and my claims have yet to be proven wrong. I'm only stating the truth of what happened. People like you only look at the results, whereas I look at the circumstances that led to those results. There is a big difference between the two.
No you don't , i look at circumstances also moria had every advantage vs luffy. Fight luffy at his home base, had spiders catch him where he could steal his shadow, had oars, had almost shadows for the last how many years in one place where none of them could die since there is no sun light .
Any advantage luffy had was no where compare to moria. lucky for luffy that moria powers could also use vs him and even that power up hurts luffy. Even kuma being there help moria cause he would have just stay inside while SH would gotten oars to eat the salt and moria would have not been inside to get it out. Just oars is a big power up and advantage by it self.
Old 2009-08-25, 12:36   Link #51
Rainbowman

My Review:

Ministory: Finally we get to Nami. I would like to see a picture of that coverstory. I want to see what emotions she has. Of course even if she is smiling, I would still cry over how wrong her situation is because:

1. There's a chance she may forget her purpose if she stays there for such a long time.

2. Luffy was not with her to see her new techniques and I for one hate to miss out on anything. It would make me feel jealous as a character to miss out on her once-in-a-lifetime moments. In the case of the rest of the Strawhat crew, I'd feel left out that they learned something new while I (as a character) hadn't changed at all and I'd hate myself for missing out on their experience.

Spoiler for crying zone:

At any rate, it seems that the only members left to have their own coverstories are the swordsmen (Zoro and Brook).

Main Story:

This Oars character is really taking a beating. As for the Shichibukai, Boa Hancock turning some of the pirates (as well as some Marines) and then shattering them still proves how cruel she is and her comment on her beauty still proves on how big her ego is. Kuma does some damage on Oars. Moria wants Oars as a corpse indicating he hasn't given up on his goal. And Doflamingo cuts off Oars' leg (much to Moria's anger afterwhich he forms a shadow spear and hits Oars in the heart). With what Doflamingo has done, I'm guessing he has a Devil Fruit power involving strings (including the cutting kind).
Old 2009-08-25, 12:57   Link #52
cheese4u
da big boss

If Moria really does plan to use Oars' body (which certainly seems to be the case), with all the warrior's choose from, I wonder who's shadow he's going to put into Oar's.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2009-08-25, 13:51   Link #53
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Let's not go over this again luffy beat 2 warlords. If you think they story give him a advantage that up to you. But that's in the past and the same way you think they luffy had a advantage ,i think it's the other way around, both warlords had advantage over him .
Oh really...?
"Moria creates a long spear made of shadow, and stabs Oars in the heart."

So why didn't Moria do this against Luffy? Bad writing.....
Old 2009-08-25, 14:10   Link #54
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Oh really...?
"Moria creates a long spear made of shadow, and stabs Oars in the heart."

So why didn't Moria do this against Luffy? Bad writing.....
Perhaps because he was controlling Oz? And when Oz was beaten he already had lost a war, all he had left was to use Shadows Asgard...

But the hell I am answering your biased points, you should crawl back to your precious Bleach if you think Oda's is so bad writer....
Old 2009-08-25, 14:21   Link #55
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Perhaps because he was controlling Oz? And when Oz was beaten he already had lost a war, all he had left was to use Shadows Asgard...
No, Moria still used Brick bat and shadow box against Luffy after he used Odz. The man simply could have used blades to kill Luffy instead of useless technique [Shadow asgard] and punches against him. Stop with the excuses..Terrible writing.

Quote:
But the hell I am answering your biased points, you should crawl back to your precious Bleach if you think Oda's is so bad writer....
I only go back to Bleach when I have to school you Prestige! And my points are never biased, I show no partiality, these mangas aren't even in my top ten
Old 2009-08-25, 14:24   Link #56
james0246

^Maybe it is because he could only make a long spear or 1 spear (the brick bats could move independently because they have movable parts, swords/spears generally do not have movable parts, so besides throwing them at Luffy (or weilding them as he does in this chapter), what else could he do?...)?

IDK, I have to see what it looks like before I can develop an opinion (something you two have already done ).

That being said, cool spoilers. Not only does Boa kick some serious ass (her ability is lust based, so I wonder if she can also use "lust for combat" as a means of petrification?), but DoFlamingo's ability seems to be pseudo-confirmed as some sort of string/wire based ability (I'm having Audition flashbacks already ), and both DoFlamingo and Moria go in for the kill (why Moria had to potentially kill Oars is a bit beyond me (the majority of his corpses were stitched from various body parts anyway, so why Moria decided to "kill" Oars instead of having his leg stitched back on is a little confusing)).

Last edited by james0246; 2009-08-25 at 14:43.
Old 2009-08-25, 14:27   Link #57
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
No, Moria still used Brick bat and shadow box against Luffy after he used Odz. The man simply could have used blades to kill Luffy instead of useless technique [Shadow asgard] and punches against him. Stop with the excuses..Terrible writing.

I only go back to Bleach when I have to school you Prestige! And my points are never biased, I show no partiality, these mangas aren't even in my top ten

Simple he use his shadow to form shadow box . How do we know he would still have a shadow left to form a spear and how was moria to know that punches and stamps don't work vs luffy. Plus we have no idea how long it takes to form that spear . It rather easy to hit a damage one leg super giant compare to luffy even worst when he in gear 2. If moria did not use Shadow asgard he would have fight everyone there not just luffy but all the SH.
Old 2009-08-25, 14:46   Link #58
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Simple he use his shadow to form shadow box . How do we know he would still have a shadow left to form a spear and how was moria to know that punches and stamps don't work vs luffy. Plus we have no idea how long it takes to form that spear . It rather easy to hit a damage one leg super giant compare to luffy even worst when he in gear 2. If moria did not use Shadow asgard he would have fight everyone there not just luffy but all the SH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canon
Moria: Shadows follow the orders of their bodies.
This is common sense!!
And the original form and shadow
always hold the same shape... It's an ironclad law!
Since Moria turned into a huge frog his shadow would have taken the same shape, not to mention even if that was not the case the shadow box was not even the size of base mode Moria.

Simply Moria had shadow left to create X blade.
Old 2009-08-25, 14:47   Link #59
Rurik
Golden

I still cant understand why you guys try to explain what is happening in this Manga to him, Heck, the whole “IF he had that why He din not used it before” question to bash a mangaka is rather silly considering that you don’t have to look hard in any other series (including the noble prized writings Naruto or Bleach) to find things just like that.
Old 2009-08-25, 14:49   Link #60
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
I still cant understand why you guys try to explain what is happening in this Manga to him, Heck, the whole “IF he had that why He used it before” question to bash a mangaka is rather silly considering that you don’t have to look hard in any other series (including the noble prized writings Naruto or Bleach) to find things just like that.
Seriously, why do the One Piece fan base always bring up another manga when One Piece is put under the Guillotine?
Closed Thread