AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black II OAD - Episode 04 Rating
Perfect 10 19 35.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 24.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 9.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.70%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-23, 07:16   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Darker Than Black II OAD - Episode 04 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Darker Than Black II OAD, Episode 04.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2010-07-23, 16:43   Link #2
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
This was a beautiful episode, I love how they could show real deep feelings in characters like Hei and Yin because they have a lot of limits in showing emotions.

I hope another season or a movie, Darker than BLACK will always be in a special place in my hearth
Old 2010-07-23, 20:17   Link #3
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The beginning of the episode with the souls flying out reminded me of this:
Spoiler for DTB unrelated:

The episode itself... Well, I can't really say I found it interesting, and it didn't help my already low enthusiasm that everything led to that season 2, which was pretty... that...
Well, I guess it is nice Sawanaga is having a good life.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-07-24, 04:31   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well this pretty much played out how we all guessed going by the events we've seen in the second series, though it was still pretty damn heavy to watch. A huge part of me right there wished Yin wouldn't awaken and the two would go back to living together. But yeah, i knew it was impossible.

Seeing the beginning of hobo drinking Hei was a nice though, plus the last few scenes do a grand job of setting up the second series.

It's been a great ride i have to say, and it's a shame that even the first episode of this was much better then the whole of the second series in total . Apart from the third episode which felt like it lasted about 4 minutes, it's been a pretty solid package, and one i'm glad was released in the end.
Old 2010-07-24, 08:39   Link #5
Iwa Ite
Day by Day

=[ How sad...
Old 2010-07-24, 14:44   Link #6
Sotobrastos

Cool episode.

It's kind of sad that we know how season 2 ended.
Spoiler for DtB s2:
Old 2010-07-24, 20:49   Link #7
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Sweet FAMAS
Old 2010-07-24, 23:06   Link #8
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotobrastos View Post
Cool episode.

It's kind of sad that we know how season 2 ended.
Spoiler for DtB s2:
Spoiler for Hei:
Old 2010-07-24, 23:36   Link #9
Tarantula Lady

So, did it give us ANY information on what happened at the end of S2? I suppose it is possible the translation (God Speed Subs) was faulty but I didn't think that this OAD clarified anything about Izanami/Izanagi/Shion/The AntiChrist, aka coffin kid, aka Kagu-Tsuchi. Still, it was nice to see Hei in action.
Old 2010-07-24, 23:49   Link #10
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantula Lady View Post
So, did it give us ANY information on what happened at the end of S2? I suppose it is possible the translation (God Speed Subs) was faulty but I didn't think that this OAD clarified anything about Izanami/Izanagi/Shion/The AntiChrist, aka coffin kid, aka Kagu-Tsuchi. Still, it was nice to see Hei in action.
Well it did reveal/confirm that Izanami was collecting the souls of contractors, dolls, etc, to transport them to a new world where they could live freely. As for what was revealed about Izanami, not much indeed. We can say Shion worked to create the new world for the sake of Suou, but it's unclear what Izanami's motivations were. Thinking on it, I'd say it's appropriate to call Kaga-Tsuchi the anti-christ. Izanami sort of played the role of Jesus by saving the souls of those contractors,dolls, humans, and just left behind a child who's destined to destroy the earth. However, it didn't seem like the apocalypse was brought about giving Misaki's monologue at the end.
Old 2010-07-26, 03:11   Link #11
rurisunshine

did anyone else get confused with the yin and shion talk? can someone plz explain this???
Old 2010-07-27, 00:15   Link #12
Yuutsu

At least the OVA series helped me understand the 2nd season better, even by a little bit. The second season was immensely confusing for me, and it was ultimately unsatisfying. The only thing that buoyed my interest was the presence of Suou. : (
Old 2010-07-27, 18:29   Link #13
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantQuiteGuess View Post
Well it did reveal/confirm that Izanami was collecting the souls of contractors, dolls, etc, to transport them to a new world where they could live freely. As for what was revealed about Izanami, not much indeed. We can say Shion worked to create the new world for the sake of Suou, but it's unclear what Izanami's motivations were. Thinking on it, I'd say it's appropriate to call Kaga-Tsuchi the anti-christ. Izanami sort of played the role of Jesus by saving the souls of those contractors,dolls, humans, and just left behind a child who's destined to destroy the earth. However, it didn't seem like the apocalypse was brought about giving Misaki's monologue at the end.
Wow, that would honestly make sense but that would have never crossed my mind if you hadn't brought it up. I thought the last few minutes of the OVA were good for tying some of the loose ends together but I still didn't feel quite satisfied, felt like we had a missing expo-dump or something.
Old 2010-07-27, 20:05   Link #14
Hobbit
. . .

Well, I'm still in the dark XD
Maybe Izanami wasn't any sort of entity, just an other side of Yin; Izanami and Izanagi were just a Doll and a Contractor with enough power to change the world.
Shion's desire was create a place where his sister could be happy. And Yin wish was to live with Hei "forever". Thus, or Kaga-Tuchi is a new being where Yin and Hei dwell inside, or maybe Shion create some sort of place where they could stay together.
Or maybe Yiin is dead, Hei is wandering carrying a corpse and Kaga-Tsuchi is a demon child destroying the world XD
Old 2010-07-28, 01:45   Link #15
Tarantula Lady

Tensai Okamura allegedly said in an interview that Yin was looking dead and Hei's story was pretty much ended at the end of S2. What he meant by that, well, I'll be damned if I know.

Previous to this OAD, I was arguing that Hei was at least partially filling the role of Izanagi. However, this episode implied that Hei
Spoiler for OAD 4:
So, at this point, I can come up with a few theories but nothing that is really supported by the limited information that the series presented and the myth of Izanami/Izanagi/Kagu-Tsuchi.
Old 2010-07-28, 04:57   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I loved this episode. Sure, we already knew exactly what was going to happen, but it was still nice to see those events animated. These OVAs made up for the lack of Yin and electric batman Hei in the second season.

I'm a bit confused about one thing though: Golgo said the syndicate was founded 50 years ago to prevent the events prophesized in the Mikata documents from coming true. Where did those documents come from? Why did they even believe those prophecies?

PS: the chinese contractor was badass.
Old 2010-07-28, 11:51   Link #17
Battler-kun

Hei is quite the sad lonely guy. Never gets what he wants.

Atleast we saw him turning into Hobo Hei at the end of the episode, fantastic.
Old 2010-07-29, 11:50   Link #18
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

How can Hei's story be over? It seems like it hasn't really ever started.

I kind of got the feeling things were just "starting" at the end of season 2 with Misaki and company forming their own group and that entity awakening.

He's a living catalyst and the most powerful mortal on Earth, aka The Chosen One.

I think the Mikata documents came from the old lady we see in the Observatory in season 1. She never speaks but when she does, people listen.

They may be transcripts of her visions or something Amber left behind in the past.
Old 2010-07-29, 12:08   Link #19
Seihai
スマイリウム

I loved Hei's reaction when he got told that Yin is still alive.
Old 2010-07-30, 12:46   Link #20
darkmaster074
------

Darker Than black needs to get a movie!!
Closed Thread