AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-07, 13:54   Link #21
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Where is this coming from? Omega is Toei, Lost Canvas is TMS. Different studios, one project has nothing to do with the other.
I do hope that it’s like what you said and that there’s still a chance that Lost Canvas can be continued when TMS see Omega becomes a success.

As for Omega, I’m actually very excited about it since this will be an original anime story (and a sequel too!) and not Kurumada’s. You see, I’m actually a rare fan where I really like Saint Seiya’s concept (battle between Gods and their clothed minions & the cloths’ designs) but don’t really like the story told by the original author. The only arc that I actually like from Kurumada is the Sanctuary/12-temples arc. Other arcs that I like are not (entirely) from Kurumada such as Asgard Arc, Hades: Sanctuary (since the anime presented the story far better than the manga imo), the Overture movie, and Lost Canvas.
Old 2012-02-07, 19:15   Link #22
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I do hope that it’s like what you said and that there’s still a chance that Lost Canvas can be continued when TMS see Omega becomes a success.

As for Omega, I’m actually very excited about it since this will be an original anime story (and a sequel too!) and not Kurumada’s. You see, I’m actually a rare fan where I really like Saint Seiya’s concept (battle between Gods and their clothed minions & the cloths’ designs) but don’t really like the story told by the original author. The only arc that I actually like from Kurumada is the Sanctuary/12-temples arc. Other arcs that I like are not (entirely) from Kurumada such as Asgard Arc, Hades: Sanctuary (since the anime presented the story far better than the manga imo), the Overture movie, and Lost Canvas.
Same.

I really love the mythos and concept around Saint Seiya, but the actual execution coming off Kurumada's original stories after the Saga Arc... was really lack-lustre in my opinion. I've come to prefer other author's execution of his mythology.

Plus I think that Kurumada himself is stuck in a rut and writer's block about where he himself wants to clearly take the Saint Seiya franchise, given that Next Dimension kinda went nowhere.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 19:54   Link #23
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
All I want to know is if Tohru Furuya is confirmed to reprise his role as Seiya or not.
I'd love that, though i wouldn't be surprised if they went with the Inferno voice cast.
Old 2012-02-08, 01:28   Link #24
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Is it wrong when I saw the characters that I went "HEARTCATCH SAINT SEIYA!" (yes I know Umakoshi's involved)

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 01:31   Link #25
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Is it wrong when I saw the characters that I went "HEARTCATCH SAINT SEIYA!" (yes I know Umakoshi's involved)
Nope, I'm glad that Heartcatch's gotten its sequel and Casshern got its prequel.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 04:07   Link #26
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Exactly my thoughts. I think Kurumada created a great setting, but strangely enough, he doesn't know how to make good use of it, and keeps getting worse (Next Dimension..)
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-08, 06:14   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

I still laugh at the fact that it's 100% possible all of the character designs that didn't appear in Casshern Sins were used in Heartcatch.
Old 2012-02-08, 07:48   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
Seeing how in this sequel Seiya is finally a full-time Gold Saint, i would love to see Hyoga, Shiryu and the others appearing as the new Aquarius, Libra, etc. Not holding my breath though..
I'd be surprised if that doesn't happen. I don't think they'll have a very big role though, otherwise they'd quickly steal the show. Not that I'd mind.
Old 2012-02-11, 04:10   Link #29
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Same.

I really love the mythos and concept around Saint Seiya, but the actual execution coming off Kurumada's original stories after the Saga Arc... was really lack-lustre in my opinion. I've come to prefer other author's execution of his mythology.

Plus I think that Kurumada himself is stuck in a rut and writer's block about where he himself wants to clearly take the Saint Seiya franchise, given that Next Dimension kinda went nowhere.
I agree.

I think Lost Canvas was much better than the Hades Arc

The whole wailing wall thing in Hades arc dumb, and the last fight between Hades and Saori was painfully anticlimatic
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 11:46   Link #30
Miraluka
Banned

Seiya wearing the new Sagitarius's golden cloth (it was destroyed on Elysion time ago).

Heroic scarf makes everyone look badass.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2012-03-07 at 11:56.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-07, 19:55   Link #31
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Holy sweet zebus, its does looks beautiful. Umakoshi

Definitely the most anticipated show for me in spring.
Old 2012-03-08, 04:01   Link #32
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Seiya looks so badass!

ANN says he'll be voiced by Morita, is that confirmed? I was really hoping Furuya would reprise the role.
Old 2012-03-08, 06:09   Link #33
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh wow Seiya, looking awesome. That scarf!

Official site has been updated with three character sheets.
http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/seiya/character.html
Old 2012-03-08, 13:50   Link #34
Miraluka
Banned

From 2ch http://engawa.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/...1225277/1-100:

Koga = Hikaru Midorikawa (Toma in Tenkai-hen)
Yuna = Satsuki Yukino (Seika in Elysion)
Souma = Katsuyuki Konishi (Ikki in Inferno/Elysion)
Ryuuho = Tetsuya Kakihara (Tenma in Lost Canvas)
Haruto = Tatsuhisa Suzuki
Eden = Junichi Suwabe (Pharao in Inferno)
Seiya = Toru Furuya

I wonder if that will come true, except for Souma because I want to see Ikki again .
Old 2012-03-08, 14:08   Link #35
SidVicious
Anime addict

Furuya is really back?
Old 2012-03-08, 17:09   Link #36
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Toru Furuya returning for his role as Seiya is an awesome surprise. I was already hyped but now i'm super hyped.
Old 2012-03-08, 19:30   Link #37
Miraluka
Banned

I heard thats just speculation.
Old 2012-03-08, 20:03   Link #38
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I heard thats just speculation.
Cast is confirmed.

I have a feeling the original generation of bronze saints seiyuu can now come back, since the reason for the change for the Hades Chapter was that their voice got older due to aging and no longer the teenage voice they needed for the show, now that in the story the bronze saints ARE older, it makes perfect sense to get them to come back to reprise their role. And if Furuya Tohru came back I think the chances are high. Too bad Hirotaka Suzuoki passed away.....
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-08, 20:34   Link #39
Miraluka
Banned

It makes sense.

EDIT: Its true that is there gonna be a PV trailer this sunday?

Last edited by Miraluka; 2012-03-08 at 23:16.
Old 2012-03-09, 10:03   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is brilliant news!

Edit:

More info about the plot and characters have also been revealed. Koga is Shina's (!!) disciple. His life was saved by Seiya when he was still just a baby, and we learn Seiya had fought and sealed Mars 13 years ago (the two events are obviously linked). Saori then took him in and raised him, so she's pretty much a mother for him. Unfortunately, someday she does what she does best right in front of him: get kidnapped. Thus, he sets out to save her.

The other most interesting information is that Ryuuho is Shiryuu's son!!!

Last edited by Kanon; 2012-03-09 at 10:50.
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen