AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-24, 16:51   Link #1001
Horse

Please. Keep that man away from my entertainment.
Old 2013-10-24, 17:17   Link #1002
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisteria233 View Post
Funny you say that because in the manga the girls weren't boy crazy at all, in fact the girls being boy crazy was really just an addition to the anime only.
Spoiler for large images:
Interesting, I knew that the Sailor Senshi were a lot more sensible in the manga, but the differences between their original characterization and their anime personalities really are quite striking. Sailor Moon is a case where both manga and anime have their good points (the manga appears as though it might have a stronger and more coherent storyline, but even if the highly episodic anime is weaker in that respect, I was utterly infatuated with the anime whenever I first marathoned it in 2006 and likely always will be), and I'll probably be ripping myself off I never read the source material sometime. It's something I've always intended to do but just never gotten around to doing so.
Old 2013-10-25, 07:16   Link #1003
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
(the manga appears as though it might have a stronger and more coherent storyline,
Not really. It's just like any other storyline that's been going longer than originally planned. Takeuchi pulling special attacks and DEEPer backstory than 15 chapters before out of her behind.

PS. No hate. I love Sailor Moon.
Old 2013-10-25, 09:40   Link #1004
maximilianjenus
[E]

well, if you take away makoto's boy crazyness she is basicallya completely different character, since her love for her senpai and seeing her senpai everywhere is what defines her for a good portion of the show.
Old 2013-10-25, 12:26   Link #1005
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Wake Up Girls was announced only a couple months after this, yet all we know about it is a key visual and that Yamakan's directing; Saki: Nationals was announced a month later and last I checked we don't even have the name of the director.
Well, there was a key visual. In this case there's nothing.
Old 2013-10-25, 12:44   Link #1006
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Well, there was a key visual. In this case there's nothing.
And a cast as well

Psycho Pass might have only had a teaser until just a few weeks before airing started but that was still more than what we have here.
Old 2013-10-25, 15:27   Link #1007
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Saki: Nationals was announced a month later and last I checked we don't even have the name of the director.
Wasn't that confirmed to have the same staff as Side A (and first TV series) really fast?
Old 2013-10-25, 22:08   Link #1008
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
well, if you take away makoto's boy crazyness she is basicallya completely different character, since her love for her senpai and seeing her senpai everywhere is what defines her for a good portion of the show.
Which is funny because it did eventually get toned down with subsequent seasons didn't it?
Old 2013-10-28, 10:31   Link #1009
maximilianjenus
[E]

yeah, I think it does not even get mentioned until haruka appears.
Old 2013-11-14, 06:11   Link #1010
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Oh look, a worthwhile story for once.

20th Anniversary Tribute Album was announced today for January 29th release in Japan.
Priced at 3000 yen, it will contain 10 covers of previous Sailor Moon songs by singers such as Horie Mitsuko, Nakagawa Shoko and Momoiro Clover Z and the others.
Catalogue number KICA-3218.

The news mentions new anime in relation to this story for the first time in a while on the official website, but that's it. Kinda interesting they're releasing it in January, when the remake is supposed to be on air already, hopefully it means the theme song is going to be among these covers.
Edit: another interesting tidbit is that it's published through King Records and not Columbia (Sailor Moon anime regular label).

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2013-11-14 at 07:56.
Old 2013-11-28, 05:08   Link #1011
T-6000

Not exactly related to Sailor Moon news, but in the new South Park episode they did a clever little spoof of Sailor Moon (and many Japanese Magical Girls shows). I'm getting......a little concerned with Kenny's obsession of being A Japanese Magical Princess at this point......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kYqnGkn5Ds

Maybe it's coincidence, but this bit aired when we're pretty close to the airing of the new SM Anime. Maybe the SP creators are anticipating the series as well?

........What the hell am I talking about?! Man, I've been hitting the Skooma too much.
Old 2013-11-29, 14:52   Link #1012
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

"Anniversary" project official wesbite has opened at http://sailormoon-official.com/
Right now it's lacking in content though, but take what you will out of it.
Personally, I nostalgia'd hard at the profile pages.
Old 2013-11-29, 15:16   Link #1013
xizro345
King's Justice

Yet there's still nothing. And with less than a month, I'm wondering what the heck is going on.
Old 2013-11-29, 16:42   Link #1014
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
"Anniversary" project official wesbite has opened at http://sailormoon-official.com/
Right now it's lacking in content though, but take what you will out of it.
Personally, I nostalgia'd hard at the profile pages.
So nice... Dangnabbit all why are we being teased like this?

Gotta admit I like the images of Sailor Moon and Sailor Mercury....

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Yet there's still nothing. And with less than a month, I'm wondering what the heck is going on.
So am I!
Old 2013-11-29, 22:36   Link #1015
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I get excited every time I see this topic has a recent post, and then I am roundly disappointed once I realize it's just other people wondering WTH is going on.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2013-11-29, 22:43   Link #1016
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I get excited every time I see this topic has a recent post, and then I am roundly disappointed once I realize it's just other people wondering WTH is going on.
Well, the official anniversary website opening that was posted about earlier today is a semblance of a development, I guess. ^^
Old 2013-11-30, 00:09   Link #1017
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I really wonder what is going to happen here. Feels like they'll either release the best series ever or it's going to be a huge trainwreck. Just constantly in full silence mode.

Kind of feel bad dropping a comment when it just makes everyone wonder if something has actually happened. But yeah, just feel the need to share in the wondering and confusion .
Old 2013-11-30, 00:15   Link #1018
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Hope it's not a trn off. >_>
Old 2013-11-30, 06:26   Link #1019
T-6000

With the 20th Anniversary Website opening up, it does make me feel hopeful that we may be finally getting some news on the new anime. Maybe even some footage. After all, December is right around the corner so they can't stay silent for much longer, and even then it's cutting things a bit close.
Old 2013-11-30, 13:23   Link #1020
ZabiLegacy
Robo Rampage

Nah I'm seriously doubting we're going to see this one any time soon. This is too big of a project to come around with no hype train whatsoever. If this was coming out soon, we'd have started hearing rumblings months and months ago.

Tags
remake, shoujo