AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-15, 07:30   Link #241
SolarNova
Alone in the dark

( If ya havnt seen the second GITs series dont read on )

HI

just like to add somthing about the descusion on Cyberbrains.
I see most of you say that they require most or part of the original brain, well if thats the case explain how Motoko returns after getting her head blown of near the end of the second series ? There would be nothing left of the orignal brain so it would have to be total cybernetic then her ghost gets downloaded into it. She explains how she survived at the end of the ep.
SolarNova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 07:44   Link #242
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Motoko has multiple bodies. The one that was destroyed in episode 26 was not the original. It was a setup.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 09:03   Link #243
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

They gave you a hint of it when they show her body after getting shot.
She didn't wear her favourite watch on that body.
Old 2007-10-18, 16:21   Link #244
LucidLucifer
LucidLucifer

Send a message via MSN to LucidLucifer
very true, i noticed that through the first time through the ep, i thought it was great though how they lead you to believe that it WAS her real body getting shot.

LastRaven - see GITS - SSS, it's fantastic
LucidLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-19, 00:24   Link #245
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

Got a question. Friend of mine who was interested in watching GITS wanted to know the order to watch -everything- so that it all makes since to him. I told him to start with the GITS movie, then SAC, but from there I wasn't sure.
Old 2007-10-19, 13:08   Link #246
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

It's earlier in this thread Gits Movie, Gits Innocence, SAC, SAC 2, SAC Movie.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 00:42   Link #247
kujoe
from head to heel

Also remember that the two movies aren't in the same universe with GITS SAC. The main difference is that the Puppet Master doesn't exist in the TV series—or rather, it's different from the "Puppet Master" that plays a role in SSS. One is more about police cyber drama, while the other delves into a somewhat dystopian vibe.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 10:55   Link #248
Autumn Demon
~

the superman iii/office space method of stealing is overused
Autumn Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 00:54   Link #249
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Been a while since I watched SAC. (Am watching it again...)

When I first saw it, the biggest gripe that I had was with Section 9 being attacked and wiped out by the JMSDF's Umibozu. After I finished it, I told my bro once that I really didn't get it until he told me to watch it again.

After I did, I realize that....

Spoiler for The true reason why S9 was "attacked":

BTW, I collected some S9 ID Cards from a few years ago. I only had Batou, Togusa and the original Tachikoma. I'm looking for the others here, so here's what they look like. They weren't released in the other DVDs IIRC. Need to look for them.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-14, 23:06   Link #250
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Stand Alone Complex Official Logs

Is anyone still waiting for this?

I certainly am.

News statement of supposed release of Official Log #2.

As of 2008, they haven't released it as I've been told by a Manga Entertainment rep.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2008-09-15, 01:08   Link #251
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I'm waiting for this. It was a pain in the a** hunting down log 1.
Old 2008-09-15, 01:31   Link #252
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I was lucky to get SAC Official Log 1.

I e-mailed the Manga Entertainment rep a few years ago when it wasn't released and asked them. Said that it's on indefinite hold.

Old 2008-12-26, 01:55   Link #253
monir
cho~ kakkoii

So was anyone able to watch the GitS: Koukaku Kidoutai 2.0? The re-do of this 1995 movie suppose to feature a lot of these modern CG improvement for a lot of the significant moment that were featured. I know I'll check it out just because how good GitS: Innocence was in the animated front. Breathe-taking is the phrase to use when describing the visual in GitS: Innocence.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 03:17   Link #254
signorRossi

I just have one question that bothers me from time to time: How old is Motoko Kusanagi?

SignorRossi.
signorRossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 08:42   Link #255
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
So was anyone able to watch the GitS: Koukaku Kidoutai 2.0? The re-do of this 1995 movie suppose to feature a lot of these modern CG improvement for a lot of the significant moment that were featured. I know I'll check it out just because how good GitS: Innocence was in the animated front. Breathe-taking is the phrase to use when describing the visual in GitS: Innocence.
I got the bluray boxset (the Japanese release has English subtitles) and it's... kind of disappointing. Some scenes are completely redone in 3D, some backgrounds are reanimated or replaced with 3D, some minor details are replaced and the video looks a bit different compared to the old Bluray release. It's still the same movie though, no replaced scenes and nothing new really. It just looks really different in a few (emphasis on few) scenes and insignificantly different in the rest.

If you already have GitS on bluray, I wouldn't bother buying this unless you're a really hardcore fan. If you have it on DVD but want to get a bluray release and have a ton of money, consider buying the boxset which has both versions. If you don't have GitS at all yet, buy the 2.0 version.

Some pictures comparing the "old" (2007) bluray with the 2.0 bluray: http://www.asianblurayguide.com/capt...t_anime_japan/
Some more random pictures (with some 3D stuff that isn't in the above comparison): http://www.mod16.org/randompics/screencaps/gits2/
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 04:23   Link #256
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by signorRossi View Post
I just have one question that bothers me from time to time: How old is Motoko Kusanagi?
It's a good question, but I don't think anyone can give you a definitive answer. Her age is never mentioned in either the manga or the original movies, but it was hinted at in The Second Gig. From the TV series, we gather that she underwent full-body cybernisation at a very early age. So, perhaps, a good guess would be that, psychologically, Motoko is probably somewhere in her early- to mid-30s.

However, it's pertinent to note that age doesn't mean much to cyborgs, not when cybernetics (and presumably biological technology) has advanced to a stage where an individual could theoretically live forever. How would you date the age of such individuals? By how long their individual ghosts have existed? By their date of biological birth? Or by the age of their cyborg parts?
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-28, 23:18   Link #257
LeoXiao
思想工作

Yeah remember there was that Russian mafia lady who was actually in her 80s...
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 03:01   Link #258
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by signorRossi View Post

SignorRossi.
TinyRedLeaf has brought forth a lot of the good points why it will be heard to assess her actual age. What we know that the medical field has seen an incredible revolution in the cybernetic enhancement which can be integrated to the human physiology successfully. Hence, it's only logical to assume that the average life span has also increased for people who has undergone with these implants. If you can tell us when such revolution swept through the GitS universe, then we might dare take a few guesses. She, however, became special when her ghost merged with the ghost of the Puppeteer in the first movie.

Note, that the year displayed in the movie was 2029.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
Some pictures comparing the "old" (2007) bluray with the 2.0 bluray: http://www.asianblurayguide.com/capt...t_anime_japan/
Some more random pictures (with some 3D stuff that isn't in the above comparison): http://www.mod16.org/randompics/screencaps/gits2/
Fortunately, I do not have GitS in Bluray. So, after taking a look at the comparison snapshots, I am going to get the bluray set after all.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 03:55   Link #259
Thingle
Banned

I kinda prefer the 1995 version. It has the zeitgeist 2.0 doesn't have. Back then, the animation and concept was revolutionary. now it's meh... franchise has been milked already.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 04:29   Link #260
Alchemist007
*Author

In a good way