AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-29, 15:22   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Amagami SS - Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion

The purpose of this thread is to discuss, critique and idolize the Voice Actor cast of Amagami SS. Please remember that the discussion should center on their performances as professional voice actors and not on the show content (which can be discussed in the various Episode threads). Please remember this simple rule when critiquing a VA's performance or reading another forum member's critique:
  • Don't take it personally.
    In other words, you’re free to disagree with another person’s opinion, but don’t flame them if they offer a well written and well thought out analysis that differs from your own opinion. Keep it civil.

• Voice Actors are human.
    Yes, it’s true. They’re human. Therefore, don’t just indiscriminately rip them and their work apart as if they’re inorganic objects. You don’t have to praise them non-stop, but be thoughtful in your criticism.
This thread might duplicate some discussion in the Episode threads, but it can also serve to demystify various VA roles, disseminate VA information (VA Bios, VA photos, etc) and provide cast information of various types as well as discussion about performances.
Old 2010-07-29, 16:49   Link #2
aldw

Shizuka Itou's voicing of Haruka was so masterful that it wouldn't surprise me if some viewers had some of their neurons fried from all that moe.
Old 2010-07-29, 21:10   Link #3
NeoDragon

Shizuka Itou is my goddess!!!!!!

That is all...
Old 2010-07-30, 00:04   Link #4
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
^ well I'm not sharing her. o0o.
Though I do love all of Itou Shizuka roles equally, this one ranks top notch along with Hinagiku.
Old 2010-07-30, 00:43   Link #5
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Wowser. Looks like a good start for Itou Shizuka, because I just need to pipe in my thoughts for her too. Because I really, really liked her "Wow!", I mean it sounds so fun, so real, a word I like to hear from time to time
Old 2010-07-30, 00:43   Link #6
Mazryonh

I still don't get why (if the rumour is true) Shizuka Itou got so embarrassed recording the shack scene. It's no secret that she's recorded for eroge before, just like Yuu Asakawa and Rina Satou. It's her own business--why would the other seiyuus express their disapproval by leaving the room when she was recording that scene?
Old 2010-07-30, 01:10   Link #7
wingman32x

Haruka's VA did an excellent job voicing her. Her "Wow" "Yes" and "Thank You" expressions sounded so fun and full of energy. They also sounded really natural, which is somewhat uncommon from my experience when japanese VA's use english words.

Also her voice fit Haruka's personality perfectly.
Old 2010-07-30, 01:53   Link #8
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Yeah, Shizuka's voice definitely made Haruka.
Old 2010-07-30, 05:17   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shizuka was simply perfect as Haruka, she exceeded all my expectations. I'm also loving Satou Rina's performance, the voice acting in this anime has been top-notch so far (I don't like the MC's voice that much though, but he does his job well, I guess).

Of course, there is also Asumi Kana as Miya! Her "nii-niis" warm my heart
Old 2010-07-30, 05:24   Link #10
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm surprised i can still say that even after hearing 'that' song.

Looking forward to hearing more from Yukana as Ai. From the few scenes she had, i can already say she'll be perfect for whats to come in her arc.
Old 2010-07-30, 07:38   Link #11
Nerroth
NePoi!

I find it kind of funny, timing-wise; just as Satou Rina's character here will finish her arc, she'll be back in the spotlight as Vert/Green Heart in Neptune (which, thanks to a delay, should be out on the same day as episode 8).

There's another Amagami connection in that game, too; Asumi Kana will be voicing Blanc/White Heart. (You can see the two of them arguing in this clip.)

So, if Kaoru and Myaa ever come to blows, they'd hopefully be able to settle things with a nice console war...
Old 2010-07-30, 11:08   Link #12
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Shizuka was simply perfect as Haruka, she exceeded all my expectations. I'm also loving Satou Rina's performance, the voice acting in this anime has been top-notch so far (I don't like the MC's voice that much though, but he does his job well, I guess).

Yea so far the VA has been top notch, I haven't got any probs even with the JUnichi, Tomoaki Maeno is doing a good job here.
Shizuka fitted Haruka to a T to say the least.

And with ep 5 Hearing more Rina as Kaoru goes without saying fits perfectly as well.

Asumi Kana has really got that lovely little voice, atm tho I can't stop thinking about "that" song and don't think I'll stop thinking about it for some time.
Even when I'm watching Sekirei: Pure Engagement with her playing the role of another imouto I still think about "that" song.

Also looking forward to Yukana as Ai, always a great to be hearing Yukana speak
Old 2010-07-30, 14:22   Link #13
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Asumi Kana has really got that lovely little voice, atm tho I can't stop thinking about "that" song and don't think I'll stop thinking about it for some time.
Even when I'm watching Sekirei: Pure Engagement with her playing the role of another imouto I still think about "that" song.

Also looking forward to Yukana as Ai, always a great to be hearing Yukana speak
^ Agreed. Yukana's voice is a blessing we should not take for granted.

And want to allude me to what song you're all talking about? in a form of PM or visitor message is fine.
Old 2010-07-30, 16:12   Link #14
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Looking forward to hearing more from Yukana as Ai. From the few scenes she had, i can already say she'll be perfect for whats to come in her arc.
I think Ai's VA will be another perfect fit, too. Her voice fits well with Ai's personality (From what I've read of the manga).
Old 2010-07-30, 16:14   Link #15
aldw

Rina Satou's voice acting for Kaoru I find superior to her voice for Misaka Mikoto, there's a certain subtle element there that just makes Kaoru that more intriguing for lack of a better term.
Old 2010-07-30, 16:37   Link #16
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah, I'm sure Yukana will be a perfect fit for Ai. She's got a lot of range. I'm loving Shintani Ryoko's performance so far as well, she gives off just the right amount of cuteness.

The only seiyuu I'm unsure about right now is Sae's. Her voice sounds a bit weird and forced... maybe I just need to hear more.
Old 2010-07-30, 16:40   Link #17
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
The only seiyuu I'm unsure about right now is Sae's. Her voice sounds a bit weird and forced... maybe I just need to hear more.
It is the famous Akira from Lucky Star , so i'm sure she'll deliver when needed.
Old 2010-08-02, 03:33   Link #18
jaykaylol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Wowser. Looks like a good start for Itou Shizuka, because I just need to pipe in my thoughts for her too. Because I really, really liked her "Wow!", I mean it sounds so fun, so real, a word I like to hear from time to time
Definitely feel like you, the way she says English words feel genuine. My heart skips a beat every time she says, "Wow!".
Old 2010-08-06, 14:21   Link #19
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
I'm not even unsure of her voice anymore, I've come to the conclusion I simply hate it. Ugh, so unnatural ... I don't know if I'll be able to watch her arc just because of this to be honest. :/

On the other hand, all the other girls are doing such a wonderful job. Love Satou Rina, much looking forward to Yukana's performance, and I even got a fantastic bonus with Matsuoka Yuki voicing Rihoko's friend in episode 6 (and one of the two shota too). I reaaaally miss her voice, she's one of my favorites yet gets so few roles these days... *sigh*
Old 2010-08-07, 08:37   Link #20
msg

Yeah sae voice is getting use to (for me anyways)...I'm sure the seeiyu who does sae will do a good job with it...

i wonder how much they earn as a seeiyus?...they seem like a hardworking bunch.Working 2 to 3 anime projects simultaneously...Not only that some of them sing, go on tour, become a radio host, getting interview everywhere...etc

kinda of hectic isn't it?