AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-28, 09:43   Link #1641
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to ReAn Send a message via AIM to ReAn Send a message via MSN to ReAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by philmein View Post
I;m assuming the manga goes past 24 episodes, correct? Not to mention, it's not even done..
From what we hear the show is slated for 24 or 26 episodes, although an official number still has not been released.
ReAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 11:53   Link #1642
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

Any spoilers on episode 21 ? Did anyone watch it yet ? The preview was so confusing, but I did laugh at Koizumi's quiet friend's (She hasn't been in the a lot so I completely forgot her name) reaction in the background to when her boyfriend (ditto with his name too) was dressed as a girl or something. Yeah.. cracked me up for a while.

Oh and episode 20 was pure love. The ending was amazing (Otani deliberately standing on the higher steps, ahahaha good one.) and their own little gibberish language was sweet. I love this anime so much. Every episode is great.
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 12:57   Link #1643
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira_lacusXX View Post
Any spoilers on episode 21 ? Did anyone watch it yet ?
There was no episode this week, and there won't be one next week either - this means episode 21 won't air before September 8th, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReAn
From what we hear the show is slated for 24 or 26 episodes, although an official number still has not been released.
24 episodes is apparently very likely. While I can't say for sure that it'll be that way, that's what the air dates seem to be suggesting. I won't use the earliest broadcast (on TBS) to back up what I'm saying because it seems uncertain at this point, but let's see the MBS one: episode 24 apparently airs on Oct. 6th, then CLANNAD is taking over the timeslot one week later, on Oct. 13th, for its first episode.

Once again, this is not official, Syoboi has proven to be wrong a few times and you can never exclude other possibilities, so don't hate me if there are 25 or 26 episodes in the end! (though I think most of people would be happy if I was wrong, as long as it means more LC ). Maybe someone has already found a source for an official number, that'd help.
Old 2007-08-28, 16:27   Link #1644
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katapan View Post
There was no episode this week, and there won't be one next week either - this means episode 21 won't air before September 8th, unfortunately.
Two weeks with no Risa? So sad....
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 22:42   Link #1645
Zennifa
*insert cool title here*

Aww no ep.21 until sept 8th crappy. This anime is adorable <333
Zennifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 00:05   Link #1646
Gaara133
You damn midget!

September 8th!?! Aww man what am I suppose to do for a week and a half? I guess I could finish GTO and Marmalade Boy...
Gaara133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 06:46   Link #1647
Polaryzed_123
Workin' sux!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via MSN to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via Yahoo to Polaryzed_123
What is it with these 2 week breaks? There's at least one or 2 other current series that I'm watching that are taking 2 week breaks. Is this something that's common this time of year/season? I've always been a "wait til the whole series is subbed" before I watched things. This is the first year that I'm keeping up with current shows. Breaks suck. I need my LC fix man! Just one hit!
Polaryzed_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 08:04   Link #1648
Katapan
俺様祭り

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaryzed_123 View Post
What is it with these 2 week breaks? There's at least one or 2 other current series that I'm watching that are taking 2 week breaks. Is this something that's common this time of year/season? I've always been a "wait til the whole series is subbed" before I watched things. This is the first year that I'm keeping up with current shows. Breaks suck. I need my LC fix man! Just one hit!
I think we can blame sport events for this. I've just checked the TBS programs for next Saturday (LC should have normally aired at 5:30pm), and the whole schedule has been changed on that day. The cause? World Championships in Athletics Osaka 2007. They're showing them at around 6:30pm, until late at night, which made some of the programs move earlier. LC wasn't one of these shows, it was just skipped.

Ah well, at least it's 'only' a two week break. I've been through a whole month without Kekkaishi, and I think that's what's happening to Saiunkoku Monogatari (and almost Dennou Coil) on NHK right now because of baseball. Evil breaks...
Old 2007-08-29, 08:21   Link #1649
mdauben

Angry

Quote:
I think we can blame sport events for this.
That's one reason why I''ve always hates sports...

(That's also why I usually wait until the whole series is subbed, but L★C is like that old potato chip comercial, I couldn't stop after just one... )
Old 2007-08-29, 08:22   Link #1650
TigerII
Pilot in Training

O come on. I love sports.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 08:26   Link #1651
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I guess I should have been more specific in that I hate sports on TV. I enjoy doing sports, but I just think it's pretty silly to sit and watch them.
Old 2007-08-29, 08:33   Link #1652
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Eh, I like to watch sports...
Old 2007-08-29, 08:41   Link #1653
ReAn
Shinsen-Subs Staff
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to ReAn Send a message via AIM to ReAn Send a message via MSN to ReAn
Quote:
I think we can blame sport events for this. I've just checked the TBS programs for next Saturday (LC should have normally aired at 5:30pm), and the whole schedule has been changed on that day. The cause? World Championships in Athletics Osaka 2007. They're showing them at around 6:30pm, until late at night, which made some of the programs move earlier. LC wasn't one of these shows, it was just skipped.

Ah well, at least it's 'only' a two week break. I've been through a whole month without Kekkaishi, and I think that's what's happening to Saiunkoku Monogatari (and almost Dennou Coil) on NHK right now because of baseball. Evil breaks...
Or multiple months.... *cough*Geass*hack*wheeze*

See, breaks happen like this in north american TV for different reasons....

"Hey guys, let's stretch 26 episodes out over 4/5ths of a year. Why? The hype will boost merchandise sales, and we can make tonnes of money off of the interviews and 'specials' made up of old clips that we can shove out easily to fill the 'void'..."

Aka Heroes.

At least in japan there's a reason... a bad reason, but a reason no less...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Sports are the devil, i wish the pain of a 1000 angry konata's on you!
ReAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 08:43   Link #1654
Polaryzed_123
Workin' sux!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via MSN to Polaryzed_123 Send a message via Yahoo to Polaryzed_123
I see. That makes sense now. I can understand the whole sporting events trump anime thing now, but it still stinks. Well, I guess this just gives me a chance to catch up on older series that I haven't finished yet. (always look for the silver lining)
Polaryzed_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 08:55   Link #1655
Slice of Life
eyewitness

I hate doing sports. And watching sports. And watching sports anime.

Katapan's arguments sound very ... sound. So it looks like 24 epsiodes.

Quote:
World Championships in Athletics Osaka 2007
How ironic. The tragedy has been foreshadowed.
Old 2007-08-29, 10:01   Link #1656
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Bah on all of you!
Old 2007-08-29, 11:38   Link #1657
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReAn View Post
Or multiple months.... *cough*Geass*hack*wheeze*
For me, that little gimick just backfired. Admittely I my enthusiasm for CG was starting to wane in the second half of the series, but that looooong wait for the last two episodes was the final nail in the coffin of CG to me as by the time it came out I had dropped the series.

On the other hand, my love for L★C will undoubtedly weather a 2-week hiatus.
Old 2007-08-29, 13:53   Link #1658
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Actually I'm kind of glad for this break - gives me a chance to catch up. [*dodges thrown bricks*] These past two seasons have been crazy... I'm watching more series this year than I ever have in any other year.
Risaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 14:17   Link #1659
Gaara133
You damn midget!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
Actually I'm kind of glad for this break - gives me a chance to catch up. [*dodges thrown bricks*] These past two seasons have been crazy... I'm watching more series this year than I ever have in any other year.

I agree I've seen a ton of series so far this year I just gotta keep burnin them to dvd's though otherwise my computer will get full >.<
Gaara133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 14:43   Link #1660
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara133 View Post
I agree I've seen a ton of series so far this year I just gotta keep burnin them to dvd's though otherwise my computer will get full >.<
True, it does seem like there were a lot of worthwhile series this year. I usually either delete or burn to DVD any series after I finish it, but right now my HD is still almost full just of inclomplete Spring and Summer shows I am downloading to watch.

Tags
comedy, romance