Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-05, 12:33   Link #321
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by godraziert View Post
Just watched it, and I love all the parts with Senna in it. Since most of the fights weren't really that interesting except for those already mentioned, I focused mainly on the story and Senna really had a nice disposition . . . definitely one of my favorite Bleach characters
Yeah, I agree that the story and Senna carried the movie. The only memorable fight sequences would be Kenpachi's and Byakuya's. Most of the other stuff was decent (while not exceptional), but the fight between Ichigo and Ganryuu was a disappointment. Senna is a really cool character...........I liked finally seeing Ichigo with someone who likes to have fun. Orihime and Rukia have their moments, but lately Innou has been too emo and Rukia has been too serious.

The story itself was a little slow paced in the beginning, but I thought the ending was very nicely done and fitting.
Old 2007-10-05, 15:14   Link #322
Jarkeler

I watched it again on my Zune last night while I was laying in bed, and man, Kenpachi's fight cracks me up

Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-05, 15:34   Link #323
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkeler View Post
I watched it again on my Zune last night while I was laying in bed, and man, Kenpachi's fight cracks me up

Spoiler:
That, and where Byakuya emerges from nowhere to score an instant kill with Senbonzakura. With all the marathon fights Bleach has, its nice now and again to see swift, decisive victories.
Old 2007-10-13, 01:26   Link #324
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

A Senna Fanart

Old 2008-03-25, 15:31   Link #325
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Although AnimeSuki takes as a whole that when BLEACH got licensed so were the films, for those waiting for the first movie to get a R1 DVD release your prayers have been answered.

Today in a press conference Viz Media formally announced that they acquired the license rights for BLEACH, the movie - Memories of Nobody. The movie will get a limited theatrical release in major cities throughout USA on summer, followed later with the DVD release on winter.
Old 2008-03-26, 13:10   Link #326
lequory
People hate good theories

boooo... why such a long wait....movies been out for 2 years
Old 2008-04-01, 07:08   Link #327
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

I finally watch this movie... its pretty cool, i especially the fight between Kenpachi and that unknown ninja, i actually laugh there in some scenes... Kenpachi is such a killer machine
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Old 2008-04-10, 18:52   Link #328
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

A bit behind the times but I finally got a chance to see this.

Man, Senna carried this movie. I really liked her character, and it's a shame she isn't part of the actual story of the series (can we have her instead of the mod souls, please?). The ending was sad, but the scene after the credits was the perfect way to make up for it. I looked at it in a cosmic sense, Ichigo believed she was a real person, so the universe made it that way. He might be the only person to remember who she was, but at least in some way, she'll live on instead of becoming a person who never existed.

While there was a lot of crap in this movie, her character and the emotions of her story were done very well, and even though it's weird to think this, I'll miss her.
Old 2008-04-10, 23:12   Link #329
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
A bit behind the times but I finally got a chance to see this.

Man, Senna carried this movie. I really liked her character, and it's a shame she isn't part of the actual story of the series (can we have her instead of the mod souls, please?). The ending was sad, but the scene after the credits was the perfect way to make up for it. I looked at it in a cosmic sense, Ichigo believed she was a real person, so the universe made it that way. He might be the only person to remember who she was, but at least in some way, she'll live on instead of becoming a person who never existed.

While there was a lot of crap in this movie, her character and the emotions of her story were done very well, and even though it's weird to think this, I'll miss her.
Hahaha, yeah. While we'd love that, the IchixOri/IchixRuki shippers wouldn't

But I agree. Great character in the movie, but the plot kinda eliminated her from having an "alternate universe" self in the main timeline(if I'm right on assuming how that works)
Old 2008-04-11, 03:16   Link #330
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post

But I agree. Great character in the movie, but the plot kinda eliminated her from having an "alternate universe" self in the main timeline(if I'm right on assuming how that works)
Yeah but it would make the shippers fight about something new.

I'm not sure about her being eliminated from having another "self". Ignoring the fact that the movies aren't part of the official timeline for a moment, at the end we do see the "real" Senna, which means she could be introduced into the main story with no problem. The convenient memory wipe could explain away a lot of things, or they could take the other route and just introduce her as a new character with a new backstory (but keeping her personality from the movie intact).

Either way there would be people pointing out that she was in the movie first (and undoubtedly there would be some trying to connect the main timeline to the movie timeline because of that), but it could work. More than likely she'll never appear outside of the movie though, there's already a rather massive cast and she probably wouldn't get much time in the story anyway.

But there's nothing wrong with a little wishful thinking.
Old 2008-04-11, 05:11   Link #331
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I'm not sure about her being eliminated from having another "self". Ignoring the fact that the movies aren't part of the official timeline for a moment, at the end we do see the "real" Senna, which means she could be introduced into the main story with no problem. The convenient memory wipe could explain away a lot of things, or they could take the other route and just introduce her as a new character with a new backstory (but keeping her personality from the movie intact).

Either way there would be people pointing out that she was in the movie first (and undoubtedly there would be some trying to connect the main timeline to the movie timeline because of that), but it could work. More than likely she'll never appear outside of the movie though, there's already a rather massive cast and she probably wouldn't get much time in the story anyway.

But there's nothing wrong with a little wishful thinking.
I definitely support Senna as a canon character, with the same appearance + personality but different background. Somehow, she reminds me of a young Yourichi. In fact, I wouldn't mind her being some as-yet-unseen 3rd seat of a division. I DID have an idea of her popping up as the 3rd seat of the 3rd Div. Like Ikkaku, she knows her bankai (based on Saijin's bankai, but altered to become a Miroku). Since Gin was busy plotting with Aizen, and Kira is just clueless in general, she hides it just like Ikkaku.
Old 2008-04-11, 08:58   Link #332
Skyring

Yeah I watched this movie a while back, animation was awesome (it is a movie after all), but I thought the story line was brilliant and I was nice to see some Ken-chan action for once, he is pwn and would most probably implode the universe if he could bankai! Kenpachi aside senna was like a breath of fresh air into the Bleach series even if she never re appears it was a bit of relif from the grim Hueco Mundo arc. Anyone else notice the anime get really.. dark since the grand fisher made his (arrancar) appearance?

Awesome movie thought if you haven't yet seen it its a must!
Old 2008-04-11, 11:42   Link #333
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Yup, this movie was awesome. It's one of the best movies I've seen. 8/10
Old 2008-04-12, 15:18   Link #334
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Ah thinking back to this one is always nice. Really did enjoy this movie and Senna was just a great character.

Been a while since I felt as sad as I did when she was fading away there. Really grateful they found a way to give her a new life to live. Would have just been too sad to have such a person just fade away. Was with Ichigo in how he felt during that.

Really is too bad she wasn't made as a cannon character. Forget Rukia and Inoue, I'd put her with Ichigo in a heartbeat. Probably why those two groups wouldn't want her anywhere near the plot .

But really would love her in the story with the same personality. Seeing what would happen in her life now that she had a chance to live it. Think I remember hearing the anime is getting pretty close. Give some kind of Senna centered arc and I could live with that. No idea how they would work it out, but just how I feel on it.
Old 2008-04-13, 03:40   Link #335
WinterSerenade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post

So true...I miss Senna she was a great character and it would be awesome if she were in the main timeline...
Old 2008-06-26, 13:52   Link #336
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

I saw the movie kind dove sad that she sacraficed her self
poor ichigo
Old 2008-06-26, 14:31   Link #337
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Damn this movie sucked. How can anyone like it. It had some decent moments but the ending was just incredibly cheesy. Senna was refreshing at first but in the end she was just another generic damsel in distress screaming Ichigo's name like a lunatic. Sorry but I was not moved, I'm glad she died so any chance she would become canon dissapeared.

Did I watch the same movie as everyone else? Don't understand why it gets such high praise, seems like another generic shounen movie. Easily forgetable.
Old 2008-06-26, 15:18   Link #338
Ichigo&Rukia

I admit the movie was terrible.Very out of character,a typical and bannal story,Ichigo ignoring Rukia and Chad and Hime,Ishida appearing for like a second,Ichigo chasing Senna like a love-sick puppy.
BUT.I simply love Senna.So positive,crazy,such a lively girl which can always make you smile.
And she didn't hestitate to fight,she wasn't passive and even having so much memories she kept being strong.Her Zanpaktou is very artistic,leaves and wind is a pretty combination.
Old 2008-06-26, 15:58   Link #339
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

3rd Movie Announced

Old 2008-06-26, 16:32   Link #340
WONDERMIKE
kanpai!

Send a message via ICQ to WONDERMIKE
I want that costume, now!