AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-06-17, 22:35   Link #1501
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Maybe Kuwadorian was a zoo.
Unless it is a farm.
Old 2009-06-17, 23:02   Link #1502
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
I'd die if more animal demons show up |D Srsly.
Well I wouldn't bet money on other demons, but I wouldn't be so surprised if there is going to be a Satoko Witch sometimes somewhere. (The Witch of Infinite Traps *inserts admiralackbar.jpg again* )

If you think about it, not counting Satoko, every human Higurashi Loli who ever received significant screentime is a witch in Umineko: Rika, Loli Takano (fair enough the latter only had a few episodes).

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-06-17 at 23:32. Reason: corrected now ;)
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 23:08   Link #1503
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Well I wouldn't bet money on other demons, but I wouldn't be so surprised if there is going to be a Satoko Witch sometimes somewhere. (The Witch of Infinite Traps *inserts admiralackbar.jpg again* )

If you think about it, not counting Satoko, every Higurashi Loli who ever received significant screentime is a witch in Umineko: Rika, Loli Takano (fair enough the latter only had a few episodes).
Well... there's Hanyuu too, even though she's really seven hundred years old...

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 23:09   Link #1504
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Yeah, it could be possible. A lot of people think Eva became delusional in EP 3 and believed she was Beatrice.

As far as Eva goes I think I'm becoming one of the growing people who think that we're being mislead to believe she's the culprit in EP 3. I have a theory. Looking back at EP 3 every time some kind of murder outside the guest house occurred Eva was in her room sleeping. It could be possible she dreamed she killed them in bizarre ways, especially considering the only wounds that actually match what we see are the 2nd twilight deaths and Krauss + Natsuhi's deaths. Of course in the latter one Eva wasn't sleeping.
Somewhat silly theory: Fight Club syndrome. A certain character gains a split personality, and when that person falls asleep, they "become Beatrice" (sleepwalking). When awake, they don't remember their actions.

In EP1, Natsuhi becomes Beatrice.
In EP2, Rosa becomes Beatrice.
In EP3, Eva becomes Beatrice.
In EP4, Battler becomes Beatrice.

Crazier extension: Beatrice is a ghost (having died previously as recounted by Rosa), and possesses one person at random, leading to the above.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 23:28   Link #1505
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Well... there's Hanyuu too, even though she's really seven hundred years old...
True, but I think Hannyuu is supposed to be already more than a witch, being a God and all.
Old 2009-06-17, 23:50   Link #1506
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
True, but I think Hannyuu is supposed to be already more than a witch, being a God and all.
Even so, she's still not in Umineko... unfortunately. >.>

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 00:14   Link #1507
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So far anyway.
Old 2009-06-18, 00:38   Link #1508
hodil
Solve me...

Quote:
So far anyway.
Hahaha! How many of us believe hanyuu would appear so far?

Bernkastel tosses in a piece called Hanyuu...

Well... i think thats the only way for Piece Battler to recount everything that has happened to actually stop and solve everything in the game...

Since in higurashi, Rika did not remember the events too, unless Hanyuu reminded her... hmm...

Edit: izmosmolnar your avatar is truuuly interesting...
Old 2009-06-18, 00:52   Link #1509
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

As I said, I wouldn't expect Hanyuu to appear (I mean strictly speaking she's probably with Bernkastel, and following her all the time anyway, right?), but if all the human lolis have a witch role in Umineko, then there's bound to be a Satoko Witch sometimes somewhere .
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodil View Post
Edit: izmosmolnar your avatar is truuuly interesting...
Thank you, I hope it won't spoil anyone and assume certain things basing it on said avatar .
Full picture by the way
Old 2009-06-18, 01:06   Link #1510
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Anybody think we'll get some news on Episode 5 by July? I swear July is going to be the month for me.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 01:22   Link #1511
Rias

Most shops should start to have pre-order for ep5 in early July...that's when we'll start to see more news.
Old 2009-06-18, 01:47   Link #1512
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

In regards to the questions surrounding Battler, let me compile this all together as best as I could, gray being my little scribbled thoughts:

- Asumu and Kyrie both have the same pregnancy dates. Asumu safely gave birth to Ushiromiya Battler, while Kyrie suffered a miscarriage, and was driven by envy and despair for 12 years.

After those twelve years, 1980:

- Asumu had died, due to reasons not stated. Her time of death wasn't stated either, but it was evidently a very short while before Rudolf married (or at least announced his intentions to marry) Kyrie, who is carrying Ange by then.

- Because of this, meta-Battler had forsaken the family name, and went off to live with his grandparents.

Beatrice's Red Text

Quote:
Beatrice : The crime I am now demanding that you remember is not something between Ushiromiya Battler and Beatrice.
Ushiromiya Battler committed a crime. (or sin)
From your crime, a person died.
Due to your crime, many humans died on this island. No one escaped, they all died.
- From what Beato implies, there was something that happened six years ago. Battler is unable to remember what he did back then, and the only recollection of that time was when he gave up the family name and left. Whatever the crime was, whether Battler is aware or not he was the cause, someone had died because of what he did. [I'm led to believe Asumu may be the person here, as it was never stated how she died, just that she died at that same year. This, or Ushiromiya Battler, but Beato seemed to have theorized this rather than state it as red.]

- Because of this, there were many people in the island who died. However, it was never explicitly stated when they died, just that they died as a result of the original crime. [What we all see now as the ten twilights...? ]

- Beato is visibly distressed, not due to the sin itself, but the fact that meta-Battler could not remember it.

- Meta-Battler is able to claim himself as Ushiromiya Battler, but he's unable to claim that he was born from Asumu. On the other hand, it was never explicitly stated that he was also Rudolf's son, and the only link he has with the Ushiromiya name is that he's able to successfully claim himself as Kinzo's grandson.

Appearance-wise, the other family members seems to treat him as they normally would. Unless there's a conspiracy going on with the entire family, then it's safe to say that meta-Battler looks identical to Ushiromiya Battler, which would give rise to the theory that they may have been twins, but disproved simply because meta-Battler is unable to claim he was Asumu's son. So we have two identical looking Battlers, but only one belonged to Asumu, and the other whose established link in the family lies in his title as Kinzo's genuine grandson. (It would support the theory that Kinzo created Battler the same way he created Beato's human shell, but currently, there's not much in the game that shows that.)

- An interesting note : This was the year when Maria turned three. Battler had supposedly last seen Maria when she was three years old. Providing that the family conference is the only time he's able to meet with the other families, and if he had never attended the family conference of 1980, then it's likely Battler hasn't met up with Maria at all. It would certainly explain why Maria isn't able to remember Battler, though you could certainly disregard that on the grounds that she was simply too young to remember. (It may or may not mean anything, but I'll store this away just in case.)

- Another note : Rudolf had known all along he was going to die, starting from Episode 1. (Rudolf knows more than he lets on. On another note, this could mean the twilights have been occurring even then. The start of the game doesn't necessarily imply the start of the twilights.)

ETA - Unsure: Before Beato was about to deny Battler, I know Lambda freaked out, but was Ange's reaction shown?

Did I get everything right so far? If there's anything wrong with what I interpreted, please feel free to correct me, as my memory of the game doesn't stretch that well.

Last edited by cheesie; 2009-06-18 at 02:21.
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 01:48   Link #1513
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Should come out at Comitket in August...officially anyway.
Old 2009-06-18, 02:07   Link #1514
Squirrellord

Send a message via MSN to Squirrellord
Mwaha, I've figured it out.
ベアトリーチェ = Beatrice
ベア= Bear
Bear = 熊
熊沢 = Kumasawa.

Therefore, Kumasawa is the killer!
Squirrellord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 02:23   Link #1515
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrellord View Post
ベアトリーチェ = Beatrice
ベア= Bear
Bear = 熊
熊沢 = Kumasawa.

Then I have to change my avatar soon, because it certainly tells the true then .
I always said that Kumasawa and her magical mackerels are the culprit.
Old 2009-06-18, 02:30   Link #1516
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrellord View Post
ベアトリーチェ = Beatrice
ベア= Bear
Bear = 熊
熊沢 = Kumasawa.

That used to be one of the jokes on 2ch back in ep1-2...that クマトリーチェ/鯖トリーチェ was behind it all.

Of course, Ryukishi07 made that official in ep3 with 熊沢チエ at the staff roll...
Old 2009-06-18, 02:34   Link #1517
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Haha, "bear theory" was awesome. I've wondered if you could say the same for "goat" = Gohda?
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 07:03   Link #1518
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
- Meta-Battler is able to claim himself as Ushiromiya Battler, but he's unable to claim that he was born from Asumu. On the other hand, it was never explicitly stated that he was also Rudolf's son, and the only link he has with the Ushiromiya name is that he's able to successfully claim himself as Kinzo's grandson.
There is another connection. Ange is Battler's sister.
-Ange is my younger sister.
So Battler should be Rudolf's son or Kyrie's son... unless you want to mindfuck this even more and question even Ange's parents.

Quote:
Appearance-wise, the other family members seems to treat him as they normally would. Unless there's a conspiracy going on with the entire family, then it's safe to say that meta-Battler looks identical to Ushiromiya Battler, which would give rise to the theory that they may have been twins, but disproved simply because meta-Battler is unable to claim he was Asumu's son. So we have two identical looking Battlers, but only one belonged to Asumu, and the other whose established link in the family lies in his title as Kinzo's genuine grandson. (It would support the theory that Kinzo created Battler the same way he created Beato's human shell, but currently, there's not much in the game that shows that.)
They are not necessarily identical, in Ep1 there are many comments regarding Battler and how much he has changed. Some even says that if they weren't told he was Battler they would never think about it.
This doesn't mean he's not the same Battler of 6 years before, it is totally possible for someone to undergo a drastic change in appearance from 12 to 18 years. However this also gives ground to the possibility he's not the same Battler.

The main problem is with the memories. Battler remembers practically everything about his family of 6 years before. If he's not the Battler of 6 years before how can he remember all that? Also, while everyone notices the physical difference, they all acknowledge that as for what concerns the personality he hasn't changed at all.

That apart the idea that Battler caused Asumu's death is quite sound.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 07:15   Link #1519
Valentine

Spoiler for Long:
Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 07:18   Link #1520
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
The main problem is with the memories. Battler remembers practically everything about his family of 6 years before. If he's not the Battler of 6 years before how can he remember all that? Also, while everyone notices the physical difference, they all acknowledge that as for what concerns the personality he hasn't changed at all.
If he's not the real Battler, he could have been coached into his role as a child by somebody from the family conference. By the time he grew up, he'd accepted what he'd been told as reality.

Or just some form of brainwashing in general where he believes he's somebody he's not due to external influence.

I'm just trying to figure out what the big twist is going to be.

Last edited by Hareoic; 2009-06-18 at 07:55.
Hareoic is offline   Reply With Quote