AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-06-19, 12:00   Link #1561
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

They forgot they did it? Sometimes people do things unconsciously.

"George asked Nanjo to do it" also makes sense. If George explained his reasons to Nanjo, I'm sure he would've kept quiet about it unless he had some reason not to. And Nanjo's suspicious anyway.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 12:06   Link #1562
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
I went back and checked:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Episode 3
Battler: "If someone inside locked it in the end, this closed room is as easy as pie."
Nanjo: "B, but that means, .........that means, ......ooooooohhhh......"
Nanjo turned pale and shook his head several times. ...Because the thing that Battler said had hit him as a fact that was frightening even to imagine...

Nanjo says: "I, ...I did not do anything of the sort...! Y, yes, I can swear it...!!"
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 12:53   Link #1563
MUDSKIP

My theory

I just plowed through all 4 episodes this week (yummy), so here's my thoughts/theory:

Spoiler for Umineko 1-4 thoughts:

I can't say this was a clean trail of thought (this game is so immense; my mind went all over the place), but I hope it brings up a few good points? XD
MUDSKIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 13:03   Link #1564
MUDSKIP

Er, hold up

Looks like you guys are suspected Nanjo quite a bit, huh? I guess there's the possibility in episode 4 that Kinzo gave his title to his best friend, Nanjo? Maybe? XD If you want to throw suspicion on him in that episode...let's see, how did he die again...?

His head was...half destroyed. Meaning when Battler checked his corpse, he was indeed dead and had been shot most likely by someone else (I'd say Maria XD)

EDIT:
Then, for episode 3...
They were scared out of their wits; They had every window tightly shut and locked. An unlocked/open window would scare the frick out of me. You can't argue he 'just closed it'.

And so, if Nanjo closed the window, then I'd say Nanjo's an accomplice/culprit, and George...hmm...it's a real mystery (I wonder why). Er, wait, let's think of it like this:

Eva's side of the family was all in cahoots, along with possibly Nanjo as an accomplice. Er, had Hideyoshi left by this point? Could he have closed the window?

Anyway, so. Hideyoshi and the cigarette all holds. Eva's alibi just isn't there. She left and killed Rosa and Maria, the first people who would suspect them (since Eva found the gold).
Hideyoshi obviously covered for her....
Then, when they went to the house...in the 'magic truth', he was shot then staked, right? So I'd say he was shot by Eva for some reason, then the gunshot hole was covered up with a stake.
This is getting ridiculous, but...
Then, later, George left...to....
Ok this theory's crumbling. Anyone think they can fill in the gaping holes? XD XD

Last edited by MUDSKIP; 2009-06-19 at 13:15.
Old 2009-06-19, 13:15   Link #1565
Marion
The Great Dine

Spoiler for Response, EP 4 spoilers:
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 13:33   Link #1566
MUDSKIP

Dug through the wiki for November 15, found nothing.
Dug through the wiki for July 15, found nothing.
Meh.

EDIT: Maybe this, for July 15, is relevant?

Japan – Third day of Obon feast period.

"Obon is a shortened form of Ullambana (Japanese: 于蘭盆會 or 盂蘭盆會, urabon'e). It is Sanskrit for "hanging upside down" and implies great suffering[2]. The Japanese believe they should ameliorate the suffering of the "Urabanna"."

Also:

"Bon Odori originates from the story of Mokuren, a disciple of the Buddha, who used his supernatural powers to look upon his deceased mother. He discovered she had fallen into the Realm of Hungry Ghosts and was suffering.[3] Greatly disturbed, he went to the Buddha and asked how he could release his mother from this realm. Buddha instructed him to make offerings to the many Buddhist monks who had just completed their summer retreat, on the fifteenth day of the seventh month. The disciple did this and, thus, saw his mother's release. He also began to see the true nature of her past unselfishness and the many sacrifices that she had made for him. The disciple, happy because of his mother's release and grateful for his mother's kindness, danced with joy. From this dance of joy comes Bon Odori or "Bon Dance", a time in which ancestors and their sacrifices are remembered and appreciated. See also: Ullambana Sutra."
Old 2009-06-19, 13:36   Link #1567
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
unidentified corpses were guaranteed, but her corpse was identified
Nope. While she didn't say "identified corpses are guaranteed", she did say "no body double tricks exist" which amounts to the same thing.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 13:42   Link #1568
rogerpepitone

If Eva, George, and Nanjo were all working together, and Eva had the only gun, why didn't Eva just shoot Battler and Jessica?

I still think Eva killed Rosa in an accident (garden spikes are a terribly chancy weapon, but a martial artist could throw or shove someone and forget they're not working on a mat, and Eva had a gun anyway), and Maria in a panic. I think she killed Battler at the end, but I don't think she was involved with any other deaths. (Rosa's gun was left behind; all the other guns disappeared.)
Old 2009-06-19, 15:13   Link #1569
Valentine

Spoiler for Long:
Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 15:16   Link #1570
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Spoiler for Response, EP 4 spoilers:
I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet but one thing that stuck out in my mind is that her bodyguard was carrying the black case/bag whose contents were never directly declared but seemed to infer weaponry of the ballistic kind. Specifically:

Spoiler:

Does that make sense or work?
Freelii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 15:37   Link #1571
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelii View Post
I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet but one thing that stuck out in my mind is that her bodyguard was carrying the black case/bag whose contents were never directly declared but seemed to infer weaponry of the ballistic kind. Specifically:

Spoiler:

Does that make sense or work?
Spoiler for Response:
Old 2009-06-19, 15:56   Link #1572
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Second: ALL WHO HOLD THE TITLE OF THE GOLDEN WITCH COMMIT MURDER ON ROKKENJIMA. Even Ange-Beatrice does it, although that's in 1998. I guess...that's just an interesting fact.
There's no way Ange killed all those people by herself unless she's really a witch. Everyone pretty much came to the conclusion that Juuza sniped them from afar.

As for the various culprits. I'd like to note that while Eva is the most probable culprit of the events of episode3. There's really no glory in pointing the finger at her. Battler has been suspecting her the whole time, he even says it at the end, and it is even said that Battler got shot by Eva (not in red though). In other words saying that Eva is the culprit in Episode3 is a no brainer.
It might turn out that she really is the culprit, but that would be a disappointing turn of events, everything is exactly as it seem. Boring.

To a lesser extent the same could be said for Rosa in episode2. While it is not that clear as in the ep3, she is still the most probable culprit of Ep2. But again, if that happens to be true, it would be yet another disappointing turn of events. Guess what? The culprit is exactly the one that raised most suspicions. Boring.

As for Natsuhi in episode1. Whoa this is plainly wrong. She's got an alibi for the last three twilights. You'd have to think that even Battler is not reliable. Also it's been stated in red that she got killed by another person.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 16:57   Link #1573
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Nope. While she didn't say "identified corpses are guaranteed", she did say "no body double tricks exist" which amounts to the same thing.
It's not a body double if it's you lying there. Makeup or whatever to appear dead, shed is locked and key is given to Natsuhi. Natsuhi later goes off with the servants, she lets them out. Easy, no body doubles necessary.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 18:02   Link #1574
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Ah, now that's more interesting thinking. Did they bring Nanjo for that incident? I don't recall at the moment.
Old 2009-06-19, 18:05   Link #1575
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Ah, now that's more interesting thinking. Did they bring Nanjo for that incident? I don't recall at the moment.
Yes. Genji got Nanjo from the parlor and took him to the shed. There he identified them all dead and said rigor mortis has set in for at least several hours.
Old 2009-06-19, 18:11   Link #1576
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

In that case, faked deaths imply that Nanjo is in on it, too.

It's not a bad theory, actually.
Old 2009-06-19, 18:30   Link #1577
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
In that case, faked deaths imply that Nanjo is in on it, too.

It's not a bad theory, actually.
Spoiler for EP 4:
Old 2009-06-19, 18:51   Link #1578
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
As I stated in my Episode 1 theory, it doesn't neccasarily imply that Nanjo is in on it, thought it is a possiblity.

There is also this thought: Nanjo didn't check every body. The normal assumption from seeing six bodies gathered together with the same MO is "They were all killed at the same time", so it is also possible that Nanjo only checked one body, and assumed the rest of the bodies were the same.

Just thought I would point that out to you all so you don't close your options off too much.
crazysjd89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 19:33   Link #1579
rogerpepitone

The unwritten final line of Alliance of the Golden Witch: Ushiromiya Ange was dead; her body, riddled with bullets, lay still atop the cliff on Rokkenjima Island.

Or is that "her body, splattered on the sidewalk, lay still outside the ... Hospital."?
Old 2009-06-19, 19:39   Link #1580
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Are you going somewhere with that?

As far as I can tell, Ange's exact fate isn't possible to know (whether the soldiers were sniped, she actually didn't survive the building jump, or if she jumped down toward the mansion) but also doesn't influence the mystery.