Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-10, 03:12   Link #1
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

[MANGA] Bleach - 106 "Turn back the Pendulum III "

Turn Back the Pendulum III ♦

Quote:

Quote:

* At the 2nd division, it was reported to Yoruichi that Urahara had headed to "the Maggots Nest". Soi fon was going to oppose it but Yoruichi told her not to worry and that Urahara must know what he is doing if he is taking his vice captain to that place.

* Urahara eventually manages to drag Hiyori along with him. While walking there he tells her the history of the secret mobile corps. It was established separately from the Gotei 13 and the Shihouin family has a lot to do with it. Therefore the leader of the Shihouin family is given the rank of captain in one of the Gotei 13 divisions, that division will have a very close relationship with the secret mobile corps.

* The current leader of the family is Yoruichi who is the captain of the 2nd division. The members of the division also have to take up a position in one of the 5 sub-divisions of the secret mobile corps. Urahara was included in this, the sub-division he once took responsibility for is the 3rd sub-division of the secret mobile corps which is called "Kanritai" which means “the Penitentiary Department.”

* One of this department's duties is to confine shinigami who have a high possibility of bringing danger to others, which makes them also considered an obstacle for the gotei 13.

* Urahara further explains that it's to imprison "the cause of danger". He points towards the northern part of the 2nd division which has the large prison where these prisoners are kept. It is known as the underground for special imprisonment or, the Maggots nest.

* It is a rule that they have to leave their Zanpakutou with the guards at the gate. The area inside the prison is like a large room. There are tables and chairs for the prisoners to relax on as the prisoners are allowed to live freely inside this area. Urahara warns Hiyori to be careful while walking through there because even a prisoner might look calm, there have been times when a prisoner went crazy.

* Hiyori asks what crimes were committed by them but Urahara replies that they have done nothing. They are simply judged as "dangerous persons" by the law of Seireitei. So they are imprisoned to avoid a situation where they can bring harm to others. He then asks her if she can recall whether anyone has resigned from the Gotei 13, Hiroyi answers that there are 2-3 persons.

* "The Gotei 13 has no 'resignation' system but only suspension and elimination of the name if they are absent for too long. There is no resigning as it means being put in the 'special confines' for the Gotei 13" says Urahara.

* In conclusion there is no such thing as resignment in the Gotei 13, which is a noble organization, once a person is accepted into a division. These dangerous people who can not go along with the organization are imprisoned and it is made to seem like they have resigned to everyone else.

* Urahara has always had doubts that these prisoners should be locked up as he thinks their powers could be used for something great. While they are talking a giant prisoner goes crazy and charges at Hiyori. Urahara takes him out with his bare hands. He tells Hiyori, who is shocked, that the most important requirement when being appointed head of this department is that the candidate must be able to defeat every prisoner in there with his/her bare hands.

* Then Urahara takes Hiyori to the end of the pathway. There is a medium sized jail that is heavily locked. "Look at that, Hiyori-san", he says. "Over there is a dangerous person whom we have to keep separate from the others.”. The person who wears a white kimono sits there in the darkness."Urahara Kitsuke?" they ask.
"What brings you here?"

* "I have some business with you", replies Urahara while walking towards the cage. He looks at the prisoner while smiling. "Kurotsuchi Mayuri-san.". There is no response from Mayuri but the former jailer continues, "please come with me."

Credits : SpaceCat / Danna

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2008-04-11 at 08:46.
Old 2008-04-10, 03:16   Link #2
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
Mayuri's always played second fiddle to Urahara's genius........the assumption being that the latter was the one who made the major scientific breakthroughs which move the main plot; the Hogyokou, untraceable gigais, etc. But with Mayuri's intellectually impressive performance against Szayel.........and perhaps with him playing a significant role in this arc (unconfirmed).......maybe he's getting influential character status too?

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-04-10 at 05:57.
Old 2008-04-10, 03:20   Link #3
Goshin

Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
this makes me feel that the live specimen that myuri found in hm is related to maggots nest. maybe prototype vaizard/arrancar

"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Old 2008-04-10, 03:23   Link #4
Amirali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
this makes me feel that the live specimen that myuri found in hm is related to maggots nest. maybe prototype vaizard/arrancar
Yeah, good point, I'd forgotten that scene with Mayuri entering szayel's lab. Given that Kubo has left that hanging for an entire arc.........there might be some major revelation coming out of there also. Of all the captains, Mayuri (as the specialized technology/research guy) is one who logically could play a major role in the upcoming months of battle.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-04-10 at 06:00.
Old 2008-04-10, 03:36   Link #5
Plaata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
I'm not sure, I always thought the first time I saw that scene that it looked an awful lot like pesche and dodonchka (sp?) hanging there. Could definately be wrong though.
Old 2008-04-10, 03:43   Link #6
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Credits : SpaceCat
Old 2008-04-10, 03:47   Link #7
Goshin

who' s that guy?

Old 2008-04-10, 03:48   Link #8
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Mayuri

Quote:
The people there are not "criminals" as such but rather people who seem dangerous to Soul Society in some way. They are locked up even though they haven't really done anything yet and Mayuri is in that cell all by himself.
Credits : SpaceCat
Old 2008-04-10, 04:00   Link #9
Goshin

aw poor mayuri-sama hang in there GT

Old 2008-04-10, 05:11   Link #10
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

I like this Maggot's Nest idea...
Then again, I'm happy any time I get more information about Soul Society.
Old 2008-04-10, 05:56   Link #11
Amirali
Banned

And if 12th squaders were reluctant to have Urahara as a head........I wonder how they stayed on when Mayuri joined.
Old 2008-04-10, 06:06   Link #12
BleachOD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Somehow I get the feeling, that in the end it wasn't even Urahara who invented all this stuff but Mayuri.
Though I'd really like to see how it happened, that a prisoner, who was "too dangerous to Soul Society" managed to get a spot as a captain later.
Nah Mayuri admitted in 316...Urahara was light years ahead of him in the Genius catergory. I think Mayuri may have been crimminal that Urahara showed interest in and used him somehow. But Urahara...deserves and gets all the credit.
Old 2008-04-10, 06:43   Link #13
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

At least Mayuri looked more human 100 years ago.
Old 2008-04-10, 07:13   Link #14
Irkalla
I asked for this

Mayuri's fashion sense sure hasn't changed a lot through years, but that's okay I like people who don't change at every trend

I think Urahara made Mayuri his assistant or something..or else he wouldn't take over when he left (or whatever happened)
Old 2008-04-10, 08:24   Link #15
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

This would go a long way in explaining why Mayuri is such a sadisitc monster. Maybe we'll learn how someone that despicable became Captain.
Old 2008-04-10, 08:42   Link #16
Plaata

Quote:
The people there are not "criminals" as such but rather people who seem dangerous to Soul Society in some way. They are locked up even though they haven't really done anything yet and Mayuri is in that cell all by himself.
I'm really starting to dislike SS with their retarded policies. A few more things like this and I'll be hoping for someone to take over...
Old 2008-04-10, 08:44   Link #17
StoneBleach
Soulmate

And if it was mayuri that invented Hogyoku? He made a plan to exile Urahara and turn captain. Mayuri is very smart...Urahara could not be expeting and fell on mayuri's trap.
Old 2008-04-10, 09:33   Link #18
Amirali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaata View Post
I'm really starting to dislike SS with their retarded policies. A few more things like this and I'll be hoping for someone to take over...
Mayuri probably ended up doing enough evil after being freed to justify suspicion of SS.
Old 2008-04-10, 09:39   Link #19
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I wonder what changed over the years that the Soul Society decided to make someone like Mayuri a captain (maybe Urahara made that happen). That would also explain, why he continued to stay as a captain.
Old 2008-04-10, 10:54   Link #20
naruto89

mayuri freakin blows up his own suboordinates i hope these flashback chapter's provide some credible reason's as to why the gotei 13 are so crazy to make mayuri a captain, btw judging on the pic does this mean mayuri experimented on himself before he became a captain, im unsure as to why mayuri looks the way he does in the present storyline, is it a mask?
Closed Thread