AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-11-14, 10:14   Link #41
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

"A massacre is only determined by which side your on."
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 13:15   Link #42
Hotaru Suzume
Ten oorlog!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos View Post
Keep your Friend close ...keep your enemy closer ...
don't ask why...... I heard it from anime (I forget The name)
The quote is originally by Sun Tzu, Chinese general and author of "The Art of War".

Now for my shizz, I know many more by the way.

"Since love and fear can hardly coexist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved." - Niccolò Machiavelli

"Drink is the curse of the land. It makes you fight with your neighbour. It makes you shoot at your landlord and it makes you miss him." - Irish proverb
Hotaru Suzume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 20:20   Link #43
High_Lord_Demonix
King of Nothing

Veni,Vidi,Vici - Julius Ceaser

YATAAAAAA! - Masi Oka

When you see a giant freaking boat charging at you going 500mph you RUN! - COnnor
High_Lord_Demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 23:11   Link #44
Tenshii

Send a message via AIM to Tenshii Send a message via MSN to Tenshii
"I once saw a picture of a man Pushing a door (the door has the word "pull" on it) and then a text saying:Reading makes life Easier"

This is from a friend of mine who loves reading. ^-^;
Tenshii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 01:52   Link #45
d.sinclair

"Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned."

...Yeah, I just rewatched Fight Club. So good.
d.sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 02:06   Link #46
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
"I am myself and my circumstance" - José Ortega y Gasset.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 05:13   Link #47
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

“All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.”
Old 2007-11-15, 16:09   Link #48
FeelNow

"You can't always control your feelings... but you can always control your actions!"
FeelNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 16:21   Link #49
Riza
1st Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to Riza
"Simplicity is the seal of truth"

"What is above is as what is below"

"to know oneself is to know the world"
Riza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 22:59   Link #50
anti-random
We want chicken tonight

"Never doubt that a small group of committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead. Its from the Nickelback video If Everyone Cared

Thanks Sephi
anti-random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 00:54   Link #51
Kingdom
Romance addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
"When you stare long into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you."
- Friedrich Nietzche
Funny, I was actually thinking about posting this quote =) Here's an extended version:

"He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

This one's a favorite:

"I would rather live and love where death is king than have eternal life where love is not." - Robert G. Ingersoll
Kingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 10:03   Link #52
Morgan

An interesting topic. There are many favorite phrases.
"You win people's hearts by offering your own" - Mattias Lindblom (vocalist from VACUUM)
Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 14:18   Link #53
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
“All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost; the old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, a light from the shadows shall spring; renewed shall be blade that was broken, the crownless again shall be king.”
Is that from Lord of the Rings?
Old 2007-11-16, 14:21   Link #54
Sides

"You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fuck do you think you're talking to?" - Travis/Robert De Niro in Taxi Driver

"You have the right to free Speech as long as you're not dumb enough to actually try it." - Joe Strummer/The Clash lyrics to Know your rights
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 18:00   Link #55
Comrade
A fuckin' genius!

'God created men, both strong and weak, Colt made them equal.' - Or something like that
'Democracy is saying anything you want, while doing what you are told.'
Old 2007-11-16, 18:07   Link #56
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Is that from Lord of the Rings?
Correct.
Old 2007-11-16, 20:04   Link #57
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
Funny, I was actually thinking about posting this quote =) Here's an extended version:

"He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself; and if you gaze too long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
I recognized that quote, since I saw it on the page for He Who Fights Monsters...

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
(Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.)
--Nietzsche aphorism, taken from Jenseits von Gut und Böse (Beyond Good and Evil)
Old 2007-11-16, 20:15   Link #58
Jaden

Reminds me of Baldur's Gate..

"Magic is impressive, but Minsc leads now! Swords for everyone!"
"I won't cry for the dead! I won't! Well, maybe a little... but I will staunch the tears with righteous fury!"
"Give a man a fish and he feeds himself for a day, give a man a sword and he can chow down on the meaty marrow of evil!"

-Minsc

Lovely man.
Old 2007-11-16, 20:42   Link #59
Qwazar

"Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules — and still there are some misfits who insist that there is no such thing as progress. "

"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Mafia."

"Sometimes I think it is a great mistake to have matter that can think and feel. It complains so. By the same token, though, I suppose that boulders and mountains and moons could be accused of being a little too phlegmatic"

"Take Care of the People, and God Almighty Will Take Care of Himself"

"Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies — "God damn it, you've got to be kind." "

"Pretend to be good always, and even God will be fooled"

"I was on par with the Creator of the Universe there in the dark in the cocktail lounge. I shrunk the Universe to a ball exactly one light-year in diameter. I had it explode. I had it disperse itself again.
Ask me a question, any question. How old is the Universe? It is one half-second old, but the half-second has lasted one quintillion years so far. Who created it? Nobody created it. It has always been here.
What is time? It is a serpent which eats its tail, like this:
This is the snake which uncoiled itself long enough to offer Eve the apple, which looked like this:
What was the apple which Eve and Adam ate? It was the Creator of the Universe.
And so on.
Symbols can be so beautiful, sometimes. "

"I still believe that peace and plenty and happiness can be worked out some way. I am a fool. "

"Who is more to be pitied, a writer bound and gagged by policemen or one living in perfect freedom who has nothing more to say? "

Dammit, I could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on. Those are all quotes from Kurt Vonneguts books.
Qwazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 23:43   Link #60
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
"Give a man a fish and he feeds himself for a day, give a man a sword and he can chow down on the meaty marrow of evil!"

-Minsc

Lovely man.
That quote reminds me of this one:

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night, set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.