AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 33 32.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 35.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 15.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.97%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.98%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 2.97%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.98%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-14, 22:53   Link #181
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
1. I personally love the idea of HeixYin, and see nothing "wrong" about it. I'd say he's 24 and she 19, from what I've read -- not that that matters much in anime, as opposed to real life. They were definitely developing a closer relationship -- of whatever kind -- through the latter episodes of the first series. They seemed to be humanizing each other, somehow. Dolls are empty creatures, but they can develop, as both Yin and the one rescued by the petty crook did (a bit) in the first series.

2. Based on the Izanami-Izanagi myth, Hei/Izanagi will go in to rescue Yin/Izanami, but find that she is too far gone to be rescuable.

3. I expect that by then, Misaki will help Hei escape. WhoxWho after that, if anyone, I don't know. There aren't many episodes available, so maybe becoming comrades could make HeixMisaki happen fast.

4. I have a sinking feeling that Norio may become a contractor. Maybe from the cake, lol. He is certainly unstable as a human.

5. I agree that Suou kicked the pole.

6. I haven't seen a filler episode yet -- unlike season one, which had some filler. And I have liked the eps written by Okada Mari, who was lead writer on true tears, Toradora, Vampire Knight, Canaan, and Bantorra, as well as KnJ. But the next three episodes at least, as you say, will be written by Onishi Shinsuke, who did seven episodes of season one, as well as having been lead writer on The Third, Innocent Venus, and 009-1.
ILU for this. :3 :3 :3
Old 2009-11-14, 22:54   Link #182
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
I dont thing that the show has to be saved.... it had had a lot of great moments so far so... it just can get better and better.
Old 2009-11-14, 23:32   Link #183
Mei19
LOL'ing at t3h old bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Amber/Misaki fans.... just don't want to accept it.....that what yin/hei may share love for each other ....not the brotherly-sisterly love.... but as lovers.

I can't keep a straight face whenever I try to see Hei and Yin as "lovers" XD Yin didn't even speak 88%of the time in the first season. Hei and Yin are more like close siblings. Love it or hate it. The type that even if Hobo Hei found himself a romantic partner, he'll readily ditch her for Yin. They're that close. It's awkard that they're making Yin take over Amber's place for the antagonist spot. Hope not.

As I see it, it's just Sou vs Yin for the title of Hei's little angel XD Misaki is on her own league. I wonder how she'll react once she finds out her Li-kun transformed into a hobo.

My thoughts on this episode: Norio should get the best personality award Poor soul.
Old 2009-11-15, 00:04   Link #184
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus17 View Post
DtB-1 was seinen, but this one is typical shounen. IMO.
What?

The first episode of S2 gives off a more darker seinen feeling than S1 did in the first place. I don't see how this is "typical" and "shounen" nor how you came across it as such, maybe I'm watching a different series here.
Old 2009-11-15, 00:06   Link #185
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
What?

The first episode of S2 gives off a more darker seinen feeling than S1 did in the first place. I don't see how this is "typical" and "shounen" nor how you came across it as such, maybe I'm watching a different series here.
I actually felt like that, too. With Suou as the protagonist and everything... I thought it felt Shounen, too. I have to say that I prefer the feel of the first season to S2.
Old 2009-11-15, 00:09   Link #186
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

misaki is a groupie she has no chance at all.
Old 2009-11-15, 02:23   Link #187
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Things finally started to become interesting again imo

I hope Hei will return to his usual self now

I see some famous faces from the Regios forum here, Huhu, hi again everyone
Old 2009-11-15, 04:10   Link #188
Arissa

Isn't that Izanagi is Shion? Suou's Twin
Old 2009-11-15, 04:15   Link #189
Equidistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arissa View Post
Isn't that Izanagi is Shion? Suou's Twin
It's actually implied in this episode that Suou is Izanagi...or at least section 3 thinks she is. Which explains why Norio's mother wanted to bring Suou in, and Yin may have killed Norio's mother to stop whatever may happen when they have Inanagi and Inazami, but that's just speculation.
Old 2009-11-15, 05:36   Link #190
Mr. Anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65 View Post
I actually felt like that, too. With Suou as the protagonist and everything... I thought it felt Shounen, too. I have to say that I prefer the feel of the first season to S2.
i dont think its shounen when the girl u love kills u using bugs^^, or when the main male character drinks alcohol all the time, many people get killed in a short amount of time and the male protagonist does most of it without crying or showing remorse ----> it IS seinen, thats why the end is harder to predict. on the one hand i think that yin is still saveable even if she were to kill some contractors, in front of hei she will certainly act different. on the other hand the probability of her dying (or an other miserable fate) is high, because animes like DtB rarely have an all around happy ending. the trailer of the ova shows that they are in a somewhat romantic relationship (i wouldnt say "i ll never let u alone" to my little sister^^, i am rly looking forward to see it)
Old 2009-11-15, 08:07   Link #191
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm not sure I like Hei's love life. Goddamn lolicon.
Old 2009-11-15, 09:28   Link #192
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
And how do you know that it's a complete torso/body in the carrier? You only saw neck up. For all you know, she could already be modified for whatever machine she is finally being inserted into and is being transported just like you transport an engine to the final assembly site.

They showed no signs for worrying about her well being after she was dropped and the carrier flew open.

The carrier didn't have life sign monitors and there wasn't any way for nutrition to get in there.
Again, nothing says she will be modified in any way or that she cant be saved, so there's no point in calling the score at halftime.

It's a secured container; what would be the point of making something like that if it couldn't withstand a substantial shock? It obviously wasn't damaged from the fall.

Then why the oxygen mask?

Quote:
You haven't read King of Thorn right?

Saving Yin just wouldn't feel right for a dark title imo.
That's the thing; this isn't as dark a title as you seem to think it is. It's obviously not happy-cheery like Negima or something lol, but I've seen good endings come from much darker series-es.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm not sure I like Hei's love life. Goddamn lolicon.
Hey hey hey now, I don't see him foaming at the mouth for Suou.
Old 2009-11-15, 10:54   Link #193
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
There's a kinda precedent with Yin. And now, who does he think of when someone mentions his "honey"? Goddamn lolicon.
Old 2009-11-15, 12:59   Link #194
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Maybe not for Suou but what about July...
>_>
Old 2009-11-15, 13:37   Link #195
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
There's a kinda precedent with Yin. And now, who does he think of when someone mentions his "honey"? Goddamn lolicon.
I don't think the robocontractor saying "taisetsu na hanii-chan" definitely implied she was Hei's girlfriend, it was just ragging on Hei. And there was no other small female person under his care whom Hei could have thought of, since he had no idea Yin was around.

As for Yin, at this point she is probably 19 and Hei 24 or so. What's wrong with that? Even 22 and 17 seem reasonable for romance, even if going further would be technically illegal. Dolls are not exactly normal humans, anyway. Both more and less. And it's perfectly normal for older guys to like somewhat younger girls, and vice-versa. Personally, however, I'm still going on the basis that Yin and Hei's relationship is more sibling, but we'll see.

-- If Yin is Izanami, then the most likely Izanagi is Hei, since Izanami and Izanagi were sibling-spouses. If Shion is Izanagi, then Suou has to be Izanami. But the government forces may be mistakenly thinking of Shion as Izanagi and Yin as Izanami, and it's their terminology, so whatever.

-- There is nothing in the anime itself that suggests Yin is disabled or ruined. But if she is Izanami, there is a myth that Izanami died and was in the underworld and Izanagi came to rescue her, but when he found her, her body was already being eaten by maggots, even though she could still talk.

-- Speaking as a comparative non-fan of shounen, this feels less shounen than the first series, to me. This even has a touch of shoujo in the female protagonist and attention paid to subtle internal feelings. That last thing makes it more adult -- and therefore seinen -- than the first series, to me. So does the absence of silly stock characters like the mad scientist and the comic detective. Even Norio and Lebanon aren't quite stock. But classification is usually a mug's game, so I'll stop being a mug.

-- Shion has been absent from the scene and from our comments for a while now. But he is clearly the key to all this. How was he able to get up from his chair and start walking around? Where was he headed when Suou saw him? Where is he now, what are his plans, who are his allies, if any?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona
...I see some famous faces from the Regios forum here....
I didn't watch Regios when it was on, but I'm watching it now (for Takagaki Ayahi) and finding out what I was missing. Enjoyable show.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2009-11-15, 13:46   Link #196
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Umm, I guess you didn't read my reply to Kaoru Chujo; the armor-guy is the sarcastic, joker-type character; he'd refer to Hei's grandmother as honey. Hei knows the guy is jerking him around, so he just thinks about the only female character he thinks is in the equation. You're taking that line way too seriously. Basically, what Kaoru said above.

And I'm sorry, but Yin is no loli. If you honestly think that, then you have some serious age-definition problems. Then they have a 4-5 year age difference. Big deal. I don't know why I have to keep being the voice of logic here or why I have to keep repeating myself, but people in real life get married with 10+ year age-differences; I don't think a 4-5 year age-gap between characters in a fictional television production is as big a deal as that, eh?
Old 2009-11-15, 14:03   Link #197
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

No, you guys are taking my posts too seriously. I'm not really serious about Hei being a lolicon - I just find it amusing to accuse him of being one.

I also really don't like his pairing with Yin. They were too much like siblings in S1, and she had an "undeveloped" quality that made her seem younger than her physical age. So, yeah - the relationship has incestuous and lolicon overtones even if, factually speaking, it's neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Personally, however, I'm still going on the basis that Yin and Hei's relationship is more sibling, but we'll see.
Maybe the kind of siblings you'll find in some rural parts of the States, considering how strongly the OVA PV hinted at sex...
Old 2009-11-15, 14:04   Link #198
Strange
Incoherent at best.

It's probably the size difference that gets people thinking that Yin is a loli, when it's just that Hei is really, really freaking tall. He's taller than every female character in the anime.
Old 2009-11-15, 14:10   Link #199
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Maybe the kind of siblings you'll find in some rural parts of the States, considering how strongly the OVA PV hinted at sex...
O_O l thought they just cuddled....
Oh my...
Old 2009-11-15, 14:13   Link #200
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
It's probably the size difference that gets people thinking that Yin is a loli, when it's just that Hei is really, really freaking tall. He's taller than every female character in the anime.
Which is kinda normal for an adult male.
Closed Thread