AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-24, 22:50   Link #81
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Thanks for the translation, OMchan!

Hmmm, I thought Tsukasa taught Manaka how to swim already (back in the swimming pool chapter with the old theater guy)...

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-09-24 at 23:21.
Old 2004-09-24, 23:17   Link #82
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
I guess the focus is switching back to Aya? Or maybe it's going to be like a couple with Aya, a couple with Satsuki, ect? and keep rotating?
Old 2004-09-26, 01:09   Link #83
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriShinobi
I guess the focus is switching back to Aya? Or maybe it's going to be like a couple with Aya, a couple with Satsuki, ect? and keep rotating?
Haha...isn't that the formula the mangaka has been using since volume 03 or so?
Old 2004-09-26, 01:42   Link #84
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Spoiler for chapter 125:
Ooh. In Korean I see. Hehe, that's a pretty amusing page. What chapter is this?
Old 2004-09-26, 02:08   Link #85
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience Blue
Ooh. In Korean I see. Hehe, that's a pretty amusing page. What chapter is this?
it says spoilers for chapter 125.

i provided midorishinobi wit it

this time ill try to translated and put up the pages.
there is no rule against putting a translated manga up is there?

Last edited by sOnJoOL; 2004-09-26 at 22:41.
Old 2004-09-27, 23:57   Link #86
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sOnJoOL
it says spoilers for chapter 125.

i provided midorishinobi wit it

this time ill try to translated and put up the pages.
there is no rule against putting a translated manga up is there?
Wow... I feel so stupid... I saw image, clicked spoiler tag, and totally forgot about it being a spoiler (and hence the chapter 125 >.<) O well. SonJool, where do you get these scanslations? I'm tired of waiting for English releases, and I read Korean, so this will be a relief.
Old 2004-09-28, 19:11   Link #87
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
Quote:
Wow... I feel so stupid... I saw image, clicked spoiler tag, and totally forgot about it being a spoiler (and hence the chapter 125 >.<) O well. SonJool, where do you get these scanslations? I'm tired of waiting for English releases, and I read Korean, so this will be a relief.
hmm, its kinda complicated, if you are "FOB" as my friends call me, you should know korean p2p programs such as pdbox and other one. if you have ever used pdbox or something similar to it, maybe i could tell you.
(i could tell you, but its kinda complicated)
if you still wants it ill tell you.
Old 2004-09-29, 09:59   Link #88
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Just read 124 - 126 at one go. Pretty good - at least there has been some character development. Though of course, the mangaka seems to have the habit of throwing everything that has been done aside and start from square one with the characters when he does his arcs.

Spoiler:

Someone please take a 2x4 to Manaka's head please. Or send a howler to the mangaka telling him going back and forth between Aya and Tsukasa is going to get stale soon...

I personally think that the whole manga will end after their graduation from senior high and taking the entrance exams for university. Manaka will then finally make his decision on who he likes and tell her under the sakura trees.

Typical school romance / dating game ending.
Old 2004-09-30, 13:31   Link #89
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by sOnJoOL
hmm, its kinda complicated, if you are "FOB" as my friends call me, you should know korean p2p programs such as pdbox and other one. if you have ever used pdbox or something similar to it, maybe i could tell you.
(i could tell you, but its kinda complicated)
if you still wants it ill tell you.
Umm.. I'm Korean, but not really a fob. And I'm not too big on p2p b/c im on a college connection right now. Thx for the offer tho.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
I personally think that the whole manga will end after their graduation from senior high and taking the entrance exams for university. Manaka will then finally make his decision on who he likes and tell her under the sakura trees.
Ummm, maybe, but not quite. I have a sinking feeling that they're all going to end up in the same university (or those close by) and will end up playing the game some more (and hordes of girls from another part of Japan will surely fall for Manaka in college).
Old 2004-09-30, 17:54   Link #90
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Ummm, maybe, but not quite. I have a sinking feeling that they're all going to end up in the same university (or those close by) and will end up playing the game some more (and hordes of girls from another part of Japan will surely fall for Manaka in college).
Oh c'mon, we have enough girls already! XD

Tsukasa's determination is wavering, though, so there IS a chance that they'll end up close by. And then there's the girl from the cram school...I'm starting to like her a little more than Aya.

Last edited by sarcasteak; 2004-09-30 at 20:29. Reason: just because
Old 2004-09-30, 19:33   Link #91
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Me too. I'm starting to dislike Aya. She hasn't made any move.
If he goes with her, it'll be the sort of relationship that won't go anywhere.
I think he should be with Tsukasa. Even though they go to different schools, etc.
and even after they broke up and everything, fate keeps bringing them together.
I really think they belong together, but the mangaka will put him with Aya.
Old 2004-09-30, 20:28   Link #92
sarcasteak
WAHA~

The problem with Aya and Manaka is that he has lost some of the initial crush for Aya. I mean, he still likes her for her appearance, personality, and talent tremendously, but the "pursuit" never occurred for them and most likely won't happen anymore now that they're totally in the friend zone.

But then again, I'm biased toward Tsukasa...
Old 2004-10-01, 07:13   Link #93
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Well, in those chapters...

Spoiler:

The situation between Tsukasa and Manaka is rather awkward. Manaka does feel something for Tsukasa (not entirely ecchi/hentai thoughts), but somehow, due to stupid plot demands, the two of them aren't together yet. (loud hint to mangaka to stop his going-back-and-forth plot thingy)

However, there are rather significant differences between them - they share different ambitions, social circles and well, don't see each other too much.

Personally, I would prefer Manaka overcoming his own difficulties, mature a bit and then perhaps having a serious relationship with Tsukasa.

Aya... the crush she has on Manaka is obvious to everyone, even Manaka. But since she doesn't do anything AT ALL, Manaka thinks that she is content to remain a friend.
Old 2004-10-04, 15:26   Link #94
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

I think this is my 2nd favorite manga of all time. (thinks) yup, it definitely is. Well I'm new to this thread and discussion so pardon me if the following questions have already been asked (I'm too lazy to go back and read the rest of the thread )

1) How many volumes are planned for this series?

2) What is the latest volume released in Japan right now?

3) Can anyone point me to a good manga importing store? I'm thinking of buying it because I love it so much, and it should help me with my Japanese if I'm forced to translate it myself.

Thank you so much! Ichigo hyaku paacento ga daisuki desu!!!
Old 2004-10-04, 15:48   Link #95
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

1) We don't know. It doesn't seem to be comming to an end, but the mangaka might pull a "pretty face" type stunt.

2) I'm pretty sure it's currently on chapter 127. ^o^;;

3) www.sasugabooks.com has up to volume 12, which is the most current.
Old 2004-10-04, 17:02   Link #96
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
1) We don't know. It doesn't seem to be comming to an end, but the mangaka might pull a "pretty face" type stunt.
I sure hope he doesn't...not after all this time he could've ended the series but didn't. ^_^;;
Old 2004-10-06, 18:13   Link #97
Key
s e m p i t e r n a l

Send a message via AIM to Key Send a message via MSN to Key
Wai, I read Ichigo 100% volumes 5-9 in like... a few hours. XD I was just addicted to it by volume 5.

I agree that Aya's getting to be a bit too much. OK, she likes Manaka, I just wish she'd do something about it. Anything about it. I used to like her the best until Tsukasa broke up with Manaka, too. After that, I just fell in love with Tsu-chan (for some reason, after the "break up" episode, nearly every chapter with semi-/Manaka x Tsukasa moments break my heart).

Well gee, Manaka better choose Tsukasa in the end or I'm gonna go postal (although I strongly suspect Aya and he will become the final couple).
Old 2004-10-06, 19:08   Link #98
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key
Wai, I read Ichigo 100% volumes 5-9 in like... a few hours. XD I was just addicted to it by volume 5.

I agree that Aya's getting to be a bit too much. OK, she likes Manaka, I just wish she'd do something about it. Anything about it. I used to like her the best until Tsukasa broke up with Manaka, too. After that, I just fell in love with Tsu-chan (for some reason, after the "break up" episode, nearly every chapter with semi-/Manaka x Tsukasa moments break my heart).

Well gee, Manaka better choose Tsukasa in the end or I'm gonna go postal (although I strongly suspect Aya and he will become the final couple).
I was addicted by Volume 2. I win!

Spoiler for Up to Vol 9:
Old 2004-10-06, 19:46   Link #99
Thelastguardian

I had been reading Ichigo 100% since chapter 10. However you could say I have a love/hate relationship with it:

(rant mode on)

1. How could the main character be so freaking lucky. I mean not one, not two, not even three, but four girls. If real life is like that I ehh....(but then again looking at the general male behaviour in the manga, I as a girl would rather fall for the nice-guy manaka then fall for those "animals")
Another thing is that he could play 5P anytimes he wants (or at least one on one). Yet he doesn't have the gut do it. You can call it being nice or manly, but there is a limit of being ball-less. Which leads to the second point

2. The mangaka seems content to toture the reader as much as possible. When you read Ichigo you often come across parts that you never-really-wanted-to-see again and again. Couple that plot manipulation are use so heavy that you gotta wonder: What the hell.

3. The drawing style tends to be on the messy side. IMO the style can be said as the exact opposite as Love Hina. In Lova Hina every line is, well a line. Not a brush of lines compose together. Even though the mangaka's technique had improve moderately over the course (the line is more of a line now), it would be interesting to see how they fare in animation.

(rant mode off)
(silly mode on)

It had been rough but...Kozue had become, in my book, the cutest character in I 100% XD .
Spoiler:

Kawaii desu!!!!

(silly mode off)

Why do I get a feeling Ichigo 100% is starting to wrap itself up for conclusion?

Just my rant about the manga....

Last edited by Thelastguardian; 2004-10-07 at 18:06. Reason: spelling mistakes
Old 2004-10-06, 21:30   Link #100
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
I was addicted by Volume 2. I win!
I was addicted just by looking at the cover of volume 1. I win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
2. The mangaka seems content to toture the reader as much as possible. When you read Ichigo you often come across parts that you never-really-wanted-to-see parts again and again. Couple that plot manipulation are use so heavy that you gotta wonder: What the hell.
My feelings exactly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
3. The drawing style tends to be on the messy side. IMO the style can be said as the exact opposite as Love Hina. In Lova Hina every line is, well a line. Not a brush of lines compose together. Even though the mangaka's technique had improve moderately over the course (the line is more of a line now), it would be interesting to see how they fare in animation.
I'm actually quite fond of Ichigo 100%'s drawing style; yes it's very different from that of Love Hina, but I don't see any problems with it.
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, perverted, romance, shounen