AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-23, 22:40   Link #401
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
I also wonder about the sheer EASE with which Ichiko was kidnapped.

Isn't she a trained Martial Artist? How the heck does a weak-ass choke hold from a makeup obsessed "Gal" enough to take her out?

Ichiko's fortune energy has often bailed her out of danger, but apparently it does not work 100% of the time.

For instance, there were a few instances in which Binbougami is able to hit Ichiko with the fortune-sucking needle apparatus, though it may be argued that the show allows that to happen because her extracted fortune energy is crucial to saving someone (Tsuwabuki and Ranmaru). More tellingly, Binbougami manages to perform a german suplex on Ichiko in episode 8.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 22:58   Link #402
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Was I the only one a bit horrified to see the three stooges try and get Ichiko gang-raped, and come away with nothing worse than a "Let's all be friends!" from Rindou and a touching ending?
Well, they really didn't get a touching ending imo. And in all honesty, they really had no beef with Rindou, and even wondered why she's even messing with Ichiko. So I bet even though Rindou knew they were wrong, she saw for herself this episode that Ichiko ain't a saint either.

I said in my earlier post that what they did was VERY extreme and uncalled for. But at the same time, Ichiko has said some VERY foul things to her peers, so its very understandable why she garners so much hostility and anger from others. Again, that's not in anyway an excuse for what they did, but at the same time, you can somewhat see where they are coming from.

Its ironically funny too, cause I literally JUST read your article about dudes being treated like crap in anime yesterday. Except here its actually BEEN same gender instead of women vs men. So in situations where I know whats happening to this person is wrong, its honestly harder for me to garner a lot of sympathy for someone who's been acting like a bitch. Still, two wrongs don't make a right.
Old 2012-08-23, 23:07   Link #403
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Was I the only one a bit horrified to see the three stooges try and get Ichiko gang-raped, and come away with nothing worse than a "Let's all be friends!" from Rindou and a touching ending?
This series tried to put a touch of reality in the situation. As for me, I was borderline fine with it, because they did not go to far, but its practically there (no kids under 13).

Rindou is so innocent, lolz
Old 2012-08-23, 23:34   Link #404
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
Well, they really didn't get a touching ending imo. And in all honesty, they really had no beef with Rindou, and even wondered why she's even messing with Ichiko. So I bet even though Rindou knew they were wrong, she saw for herself this episode that Ichiko ain't a saint either.

I said in my earlier post that what they did was VERY extreme and uncalled for. But at the same time, Ichiko has said some VERY foul things to her peers, so its very understandable why she garners so much hostility and anger from others. Again, that's not in anyway an excuse for what they did, but at the same time, you can somewhat see where they are coming from.

Its ironically funny too, cause I literally JUST read your article about dudes being treated like crap in anime yesterday. Except here its actually BEEN same gender instead of women vs men. So in situations where I know whats happening to this person is wrong, its honestly harder for me to garner a lot of sympathy for someone who's been acting like a bitch. Still, two wrongs don't make a right.
There's a difference between being standoffish and arrogant and trying to get someone raped, though, and I thought Rindou was way, way too easy on them. I will never say "I see where they're coming from" where someone does what they did.

And there's the problem, really. Yes this is something of a trope, but how can you possibly write it into a comedy like this without either trivializing something horrendous or dragging the show way, way too deep into the darkness?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 23:46   Link #405
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
I don't disagree with any of that, but at the same time, I don't think she deserves a pass for her behavior because of that. Yea she's had her troubled past, but its still no excuse for treating others how she has. Now don't get me wrong, the "lets get her raped" thing was definitely over the top, but its not like she's being unfairly hated on. A lot of this, she put on herself.
all anitocial bahaviour that don't come from a mental disorder is generated by this kind trauma, specially troubles at home, and we already know ichiko's only family was her buttler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I would say it's equally horrifying how the three girls abandoned Rindou right away after they crawled out from the debris. Wait, what, she just saved you guys! At least call someone, c'mon!

Since Rindou and Ichiko appeared to have forgetten the whole thing the next morning, I suppose the viewers should also adopt the same view: smile, nod, enjoy the show and ask less troubling questions.
there is a part porrly conveyed if at all in the anime, and that is that the three girls went to call the firemen, but it certainly hard to tell that from the frame thats supposed to tell that, the part of they forgetting everythoing the next day its pretty much part of the satire this episode was about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
I also wonder about the sheer EASE with which Ichiko was kidnapped.

Isn't she a trained Martial Artist? How the heck does a weak-ass choke hold from a makeup obsessed "Gal" enough to take her out?
its not clear what happened but with cholroform you could knock out mike tyson in a few seconds.
Old 2012-08-24, 00:20   Link #406
HandofFate

Yea, the "bully girls try to get another girl raped" is such an annoying situation that pops up in anime.

I put it on the same level as when some random guy hits on an anime girl and she refuses, and for some reason the guy for some reason gets aggressive and tries to kidnap her or force her to go with him. (in which case, the male lead usually steps in to save the girl)

How often does this actually happen, come on....

But yea, a situation that's from a typical h-doujin was really surprising.

If it wasn't for Ranmaru's strong presence this episode, I would be more annoyed about the whole thing.

I glad there's actually a cause for Ichiko's bitchy behavior. I mean, I still her personality, but at least she's not natural a snob.
Old 2012-08-24, 00:36   Link #407
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

so explain more how bit messed up past that ichigo got really onore that kurimi aka kugi rie for it.

yet why do i got a gut feeling they might bring back again in later eps but not in flashback form.

with 5eps left what happen next?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 00:48   Link #408
Akarin

I hope Ranmaru doesn't backstab Ichiko like Ichiko's childhood friend.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 00:52   Link #409
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-KLAC View Post
so explain more how bit messed up past that ichigo got really onore that kurimi aka kugi rie for it.

yet why do i got a gut feeling they might bring back again in later eps but not in flashback form.

with 5eps left what happen next?
For the benefit of doubt that you might not know it, you can't ask for future events in anime thread, or it might be considered as baiting...
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 01:07   Link #410
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarin View Post
I hope Ranmaru doesn't backstab Ichiko like Ichiko's childhood friend.

Ranmaru is portrayed as a forthright and chivalrous character. In a fight, she's all about fair fights and frontal attacks. Not only do I think Ranmaru's character would prevent her from falsely befriending Ichiko for the sake of betraying her at an opportune moment (like Kurumi did), I doubt Ranmaru even have sufficient cunning to deceive and manipulate her way out of a wet paper bag.

[Edit]
If ever the anime ever expands on Ranmaru's and Ichiko's liking and resultant competition for Tsuwabuki, not that I think it is likely given the premise of the show, I believe it is more likely that Ichiko would be the likely party to betray the other person. Ranmaru just doesn't have the wits or cunning for the game.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 01:32   Link #411
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Oh no doubt it can really happen, it even does. But I'd tell them like I'd tell her, just need to get over it, especially since its something that in no way can effect the kind of life you CAN have now. Doing nothing but limiting yourself.
It's not a matter of getting over it for her. It's just... "lesson learned. Girls are bitches who'll badmouth her behind her back, even and especially the ones that are friendly to her face. Boys are morons who exist to be manipulated by the girls." And there have been plenty of jealous girls and moronic boys to confirm that impression over the years.

Quote:
I would say it's equally horrifying how the three girls abandoned Rindou right away after they crawled out from the debris. Wait, what, she just saved you guys! At least call someone, c'mon!
They did. They called the rescue workers and led them to the scene.

Quote:
I was kind of scratching my head over Ichiko's hesitation when Rindou is holding up parts of a collapsed building over her head.

In episode 3, Ichiko rushed over and jumped right into a raging river when Ryuu got swept into the waters. Now in episode 8, Ichiko takes the time to debate internally whether or not to save Rindou, nevermind Rindou was the one who jumped in and saved her a moment ago. Perhaps the anime simply wanted to show some kind of life-in-danger tension, though I felt it was kind of weird to have that kind of debate in a time like that. Oh well.

In any case, it was interesting to have more background information on why Ichiko acts like that.
That's because Ranmaru's friendliness scares her in ways raging rivers don't. She doesn't want to get hurt again.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 07:14   Link #412
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witched View Post
Haha. Detective Conan reference, with Jason (Was it Jason, or was it Freddy?) there. XD

Then there was One Piece- and love stories!? Bat Signals.. Melon Breaded breasts..

Kurumi-chan turned out to be too jealous and a b*tch to Ichiko-chan.. I understand that she's jealous, but for a friend... Poor Ichiko.

Her coming out of a snake? Priceless reaction.
J-son-sensei from Sket Dance.
One piece... I forgot who are they...(I know they are Mr and Miss something)

As for Kurumi...... Someone lend me Regnant(From 00)'s "Hand"? I gonna kill her with that.
*IS SHOT*

Well? A snake can beat a big animal in a gulp... Why can't a human?(Though, thats just her fortune animals which brings Ichiko on her way to find Ranmaru..., I also made that reaction when I saw her coming out from that snake.)
Old 2012-08-24, 08:00   Link #413
FateAnomaly

Somehow i feel this a weaker episode than usual.

The sad flashback is rather lame even for a parody show.

Ah well, there is the next episode to look forward to.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 08:03   Link #414
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Kugyu voiced Kurumi. I'd recognise that voice anywhere.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 08:44   Link #415
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Somehow i feel this a weaker episode than usual.

The sad flashback is rather lame even for a parody show.

Ah well, there is the next episode to look forward to.
Lame?... This is what caused her to become what she is now...

You will know once you have experienced it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Kugyu voiced Kurumi. I'd recognise that voice anywhere.
Wanted to list out some... But this is not appreciated to be said anywhere.

Lets just say Kurumi and Ichiko met again in another anime before.... Yeah thats about it.
Old 2012-08-24, 09:54   Link #416
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Good episode. I've been waiting to find out why Ichiko always act this way towards female. The incident with Kurumi provided a very good explanation. Ichiko was so innocent and trusting back then... I hope her friendship with Ranmaru will make her thaw a little.
Old 2012-08-24, 13:51   Link #417
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Ranmaru is portrayed as a forthright and chivalrous character. In a fight, she's all about fair fights and frontal attacks. Not only do I think Ranmaru's character would prevent her from falsely befriending Ichiko for the sake of betraying her at an opportune moment (like Kurumi did), I doubt Ranmaru even have sufficient cunning to deceive and manipulate her way out of a wet paper bag.

[Edit]
If ever the anime ever expands on Ranmaru's and Ichiko's liking and resultant competition for Tsuwabuki, not that I think it is likely given the premise of the show, I believe it is more likely that Ichiko would be the likely party to betray the other person. Ranmaru just doesn't have the wits or cunning for the game.
Seeing how Momiji trusts Ichiko enough to not take all of her fortune when she has the chance shows that Ichiko won't be the one to initiate the betrayal. I have confidence that when the story gets to the point where they have to compete for the guy Ranmaru would just simply stop being friends with her.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 14:01   Link #418
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Seeing how Momiji trusts Ichiko enough to not take all of her fortune when she has the chance shows that Ichiko won't be the one to initiate the betrayal. I have confidence that when the story gets to the point where they have to compete for the guy Ranmaru would just simply stop being friends with her.
Eh? I hope they never stop being friends. Even if they compete for a guy.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 16:03   Link #419
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

I just saw episode 5 and it was fun to kid Ichiko
Old 2012-08-24, 16:08   Link #420
Magewolf

Quote:
Ichiko's fortune energy has often bailed her out of danger, but apparently it does not work 100% of the time.

For instance, there were a few instances in which Binbougami is able to hit Ichiko with the fortune-sucking needle apparatus, though it may be argued that the show allows that to happen because her extracted fortune energy is crucial to saving someone (Tsuwabuki and Ranmaru). More tellingly, Binbougami manages to perform a german suplex on Ichiko in episode 8.
I think her fortune does work 100% of the time but sometimes more subtlety then others. She was stopped for shoplifting so she could meet Ranmaru and she was knocked out by the girls so that Ranmaru and her could bond.

And every time her fortune has been taken she was wanting to use it to help someone else which is what it ended up being used for.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen, supernatural