AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-28, 03:31   Link #1281
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I was mining YouTube for Rewrite MADs and I came across this.
Spoiler for EVERYTHING:

Holy god it's incredible. While I'm sure this is old news to many people I just had to post it.
I'm pretty sure this is the same guy who did the "Felicidade" Clannad MAD and the "I'm not Scared" LB MAD... he's improved a hell of a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
In fact, one can even divide the soundtrack into "common route" and "not-Common route" sides, as one would never hear, for example, Phobia in the former, or DIS IS A PAIN in the latter.
I guess my problem with the music is that there really isn't enough variation in the latter side considering it comprises two-thirds of the game's total length.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 04:14   Link #1282
Kirayuki

^
aye, that one was posted pages back. One of the best MAD for Rewrite that I have seen indeed
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 11:19   Link #1283
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

All that moving animations I was trying to find some good MAD in nico too but I couldn't find any that could compare with that

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 11:20   Link #1284
Tenoia
Leaps and Bounds Away

Quote:
One observation I have of the heroine themes is that, with the exception of Kotori and Kagari, all of them feature only on the common route. The game shifts straight into another genre in the heroine routes where use of the music would be inappropriate. (Though Sizuru's endng theme is linked to hers)
Yeah, that's why I said Lucia's theme "Sunbright" didn't really fit her. Well, specifically it didn't fit her when the story progressed into her route. Doesn't mean that it's not a good theme, though.
Tenoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 12:39   Link #1285
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenoia View Post
Yeah, that's why I said Lucia's theme "Sunbright" didn't really fit her. Well, specifically it didn't fit her when the story progressed into her route. Doesn't mean that it's not a good theme, though.
It also has an excellent vocal version!
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-28, 13:00   Link #1286
Tenoia
Leaps and Bounds Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I found that video about two week ago. I liked it so much that it's currently on my youtube playlist.
Old 2013-01-28, 13:09   Link #1287
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenoia View Post
I found that video about two week ago.
Yeah I'm just trying to spur discussion in here. It'll be a while before people who had to start playing from the start finish the game though, I guess.
Old 2013-01-28, 13:22   Link #1288
Kirayuki

Fun fact

In terms of arrangement/cover/variation song for the girls theme, Kotori, Kagari and Sakuya() are leading currently . Lucia, Akane, Chihaya and Shizuru only got 2 each (their original themes included).

Last edited by Kirayuki; 2013-01-28 at 15:54. Reason: Miscounted
Old 2013-01-28, 16:34   Link #1289
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Talking about MADs, there was one buried in this very thread that was quite hilarious - and contained spoilers for the entire game. Y'all should check it out if you haven't already.
Old 2013-01-28, 19:42   Link #1290
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Talking about MADs, there was one buried in this very thread that was quite hilarious - and contained spoilers for the entire game. Y'all should check it out if you haven't already.
You mean the SRW one? Or something else?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
In terms of arrangement/cover/variation song for the girls theme, Kotori, Kagari and Sakuya() are leading currently .
Sakuya is the best heroine so that makes perfect sense.
Old 2013-01-28, 21:52   Link #1291
Tenoia
Leaps and Bounds Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Sakuya is the best heroine so that makes perfect sense.
Obviously. How could we ever dispute Sakuya being the best heroine, with that hair braid and those gently flowing ribbons, and a penchant for nicknames and badassery.
Old 2013-01-28, 23:32   Link #1292
Kirayuki

Quote:
One of the best one is the SRW one

Shame that some characters from the original game doesn't have sprite or voices
Old 2013-01-29, 00:05   Link #1293
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
One of the best one is the SRW one
KIMI TO
BOKU DE
DEKIRU YO!

....I really love Shizuru in that MAD. Yoshino is pretty awesome too All his chuuni line fits pretty well with Gespensts

Old 2013-01-29, 03:09   Link #1294
Balzac
Assistant Professor

Yeah 'cause there's just something about Yoshino screaming "WHAT IS YOUTH!?" at the top of his lungs that brings a goofy grin to my face.

On another topic, it's interesting to see there's less banter about some of the unanswered questions at the game's conclusion from the English readers than the first readers of 2011. There were some passionate exchanges many pages back...
Old 2013-01-29, 04:20   Link #1295
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Well it's possible that not many person who had finished it.. the only place where I could see some discussion currently is on Amaterasu forum. Even that only has 7-8 page spoiler discussion thread The general thread has quite a bit of pages after it got fully translated but I can't see many people actively discussing it either.

Quote:
...I didn't realize that album contain vocal version of sunbright

Old 2013-01-29, 08:03   Link #1296
Zankoku12

I have to say...the oppai ending is the best ending in every VN I've ever played...
I was moved to tear.
Zankoku12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 08:47   Link #1297
Kirayuki

Taking a break from Dai Toshokan no Hitsujikai, I decided to play through Harvest Festa a bit and finished with Kotori.

Spoiler for Kotori HF:

Voice acting wise, this remind me why Kotarou should have been fully voiced in the original, Morita is pretty awesome as Kotarou. Since there are not many dialogues containing jokes in Terra, it's a shame lots of people can't experience funny Kotarou at his finest here (Side note : I understand now why Yoshino was pretty pissed most of the time with Kotarou, his teasing tone sound pretty annoying indeed ). Also, maybe this is pretty old already but I'm gonna say it again that Saitou Chiwa is just so pure awesome as Kotori (more so than what she has done in the original Rewrite).
Old 2013-01-29, 11:25   Link #1298
RedKey
天界の異端審問官

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirayuki View Post
Spoiler for Kotori HF:
Spoiler for Kotori HF:
RedKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 12:23   Link #1299
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
On another topic, it's interesting to see there's less banter about some of the unanswered questions at the game's conclusion from the English readers than the first readers of 2011. There were some passionate exchanges many pages back...
Actually, while it's not particularly important, I do have a question.
Spoiler for Akane:
Old 2013-01-29, 13:18   Link #1300
Tenoia
Leaps and Bounds Away

Quote:
Well, what are some of the unanswered questions? For some of the stuff that I have questions on, I just attribute it to inconsistency:
Spoiler for Spoilers:

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel